Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Jarvis Landry is a better passer than Lamar Jackson.  Who knew?  Also Jarvis’s left-handed tosses looked so awkward.

They showed a slo-mo of Kirk Cousins going for the five point target and some women like to look at beefcake, but I just want to see a tight spiral all damn day.

Some ESPN employees were making fun of the skills challenge, but I love this. I’ve been waiting all day for dodgeball.

Nope, still not over it.  I’ll never be over it.  Wherever he is today, Ben McAdoo should be banned from watching Eli’s press conference.

There should be 20-something games added onto Eli’s streak.  Dammit.

• Love 5
On 1/23/2020 at 8:12 PM, mojoween said:

Jarvis Landry is a better passer than Lamar Jackson.  Who knew?  Also Jarvis’s left-handed tosses looked so awkward.

They showed a slo-mo of Kirk Cousins going for the five point target and some women like to look at beefcake, but I just want to see a tight spiral all damn day.

Some ESPN employees were making fun of the skills challenge, but I love this. I’ve been waiting all day for dodgeball.

Hi hi!  💜💛 Jarvis Landry was a treasure to us 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ketchuplover said:

Luke Kuechly retired. If this is old news please kill this post. thanx

Old news but should be mentioned often.   He was a great player and a great person.

Apparently Rhule wants him on his coaching staff.   Don't know what he can coach but just having him around as someone who can talk to the younger players is a good thing.   

• Love 5
On 8/31/2017 at 10:43 PM, voiceover said:

Patrick is Ma Homes-ie!

(I swear to God, that's the last time I'll say that!)

(Here.)

Preseason.  August 2017, against the Titans, all day after a scramble, pass to DeMarcus.

We didn't even know a KC QB could throw that far.

I believe I have kept my promise to the boards.  But I have a beanie, a headband, 4 stickers, and a refrigerator magnet, cannot say the same.

• Love 1

I can't believe I'm watching any of the Pro Bowl.  It always feels like a pickup game or a high school scrimmage.  And they aren't even in Hawaii, which, IIRC, was always the draw to get players to participate.

The last time I saw any part of one was right about the moment Peyton Manning started to go off about his "idiot kicker" Mike Vanderjagt.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I can't believe I'm watching any of the Pro Bowl.  It always feels like a pickup game or a high school scrimmage.  And they aren't even in Hawaii, which, IIRC, was always the draw to get players to participate.

The last time I saw any part of one was right about the moment Peyton Manning started to go off about his "idiot kicker" Mike Vanderjagt.

I can't believe I watched the whole thing either. I was about to take a 3 hour nap (because that is what the Pro Bowl is worth to me) when I heard the very sad news about Kobe Bryant's death. After that, it felt like I watching a funeral. 

• Love 2
On 1/25/2020 at 1:46 PM, mojoween said:

Why would the Saints be helping the archdiocese cover up crimes?

Something with the owner being Very Catholic & close to the Bishop(Cardinal?), and she has given millions of dollars to Catholic charities, schools, etc.  The Bishop asked her to help them 'smooth over" the bad news coming out about abuse. These owners have lots of money & influence~~

• Useful 1

Anybody get any good numbers on their Superbowl pools?  I got a couple boxes with zeroes, but they're paired up with 2 or 9.  Although I should point out that 9-0 are lucky numbers whenever I play these box things. It goes all the way back to when I was a kid in a $2 box pool for Superbowl XXI.  10-9 at halftime (thank you safety) and 20-39 final. I won the entire $200.  Got them again for Superbowl XXV, final score 20-19. 

More recently I hit third quarter money in the New England - Atlanta Superbowl with the 9-0 combination. Things were going pretty well that day, Falcons up 30-9, only fifteen minutes left to play, I just won $150, and then.... heh.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:10 PM, Mountainair said:

Man.... just read the news that my favorite player for the Panthers since Smitty is retiring. Luke Kuechly. Ugh! He was a beast and only 28 but suffered quite a few concussions so I get it. But damn! I suspect Greg Olsen is next. With all new coaching staff there’s not likely to be any recognizable names on the team next season. 

And I called it. Olsen’s out. Not officially retired but “parted ways”. Ugh. So sad about my team right now. 

15 hours ago, Mountainair said:

And I called it. Olsen’s out. Not officially retired but “parted ways”. Ugh. So sad about my team right now. 

Yeah, Keuchly's retirement was a shock, but Olsen leaving isn't. After the last game of the season, he sounded like a guy on his way out the door.

I guess Cam is the last remaining shoe to drop.

• Love 3

If you are not following Amy Trask, aka Princess of Darkness, on twitter, do so.   She is amazing.   Knowledgable, approachable, just so nice for someone with that nickname (ps, she LOVES it).   Be sure to say hi in your tweets to her.   That's her thing -- niceness in the Twitter village and saying hi.   So much so that when I saw this fabric in the quilt shop I had to buy some and send her a pic.   

Hello fabric (2).jpg

52 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I think she "mutually agreed to part ways" shortly after Al's death.   She is on CBS on That Other Pregame Show during the season.   She is an exec with Big3 Basketball and does other interviewes/appearances.

She is the main reason I miss having CBS Sports Network.  She is the best part of TOPS.  I can even forgive her for having been part of the Raiders, and I begrudgingly have to give Al Davis props for being the only NFL executive at that time to consider hiring a woman for something other than a secretary or a cheerleader.

Hey all--

We've created a live posting thread for the Super Bowl here.  This thread will unlock one hour before kick off and will remain open until programming ends.  Feel free to discuss the Super Bowl here until then, but I ask that SB discussion be moved over to that thread once it is open (and then it can return here once it is closed).

Thanks and, more importantly than the best team winning, may it be a good game!

4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

It's Super Bowl Sunday.   YAAAAAY.

It's gonna be a good one folks.   

I think so, too.  I still don't know who I'm rooting for - there are players and coaches on each time I like and dislike, and fundamental things about each team I like and dislike - but I'm still excited for the game, because I think it's going to consist of some really good football. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I think so, too.  I still don't know who I'm rooting for - there are players and coaches on each time I like and dislike, and fundamental things about each team I like and dislike - but I'm still excited for the game, because I think it's going to consist of some really good football. 

Same. The rest of my family is pulling for KC because of the 50 year drought thing. I want to pull for the Niners because of Garoppolo always being in Tom Brady’s shadow and I despise Tom Brady but part of me feels like pulling for them is almost the same as pulling for the Patriots so I don’t know. I’m conflicted. 

I have no horse in this thing I'm just happy that the Patriots aren't in it. I think it's going to be a good game. Oddly enough usually I look forward to the halftime show because the game sucks but this year it's the opposite. Couldn't they have gotten Gloria Estefan instead??

ETA: I know Gloria, J. Lo & Shakira are all different nationalities. I just feel like if they wanted to go Latin themed this year Gloria would have been the MUCH better choice. 

Edited by Dancingjaneway
  • Love 2

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I posted in the live thread, but I might as well post here, too.

I've resented the 49ers since they beat the Bengals in this same stadium when I was a small child.  I legitimately wanted the Chiefs to win because I like them, but seeing that racist, homophobic (and I just assume misogynistic) piece of shit Nick Bosa look so pissed off at not winning is just icing on the cake.  I reaaaaalllllllly didn't want him to get a ring.

I honestly can't believe the Chiefs came back.  Well done, boys.

• Love 6

I agree about Bosa so I was happy as well (plus I hate the Niners), but I felt bad when they panned on Richard Sherman. He does a ton for the communities he lives in and has such a good heart. I hope he gets another ring one day. 

Edited by twoods
Typos
  • Love 7

Holy fucks sakes.  This is the longest football seasons ever.  And I’m LOVING IT!!!!!    The look on my son’s face when I said we could eat the cake I made and go light off fireworks.....

Oh and also, Mr Peanut funeral with the Kool Aid man / aka Andy Reid HOW BOUT THEM CHIEFFFFFSSSSSS

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Holy fucks sakes.  This is the longest football seasons ever.  And I’m LOVING IT!!!!!    The look on my son’s face when I said we could eat the cake I made and go light off fireworks.....

Oh and also, Mr Peanut funeral with the Kool Aid man / aka Andy Reid HOW BOUT THEM CHIEFFFFFSSSSSS

LOL - what's the over/under on how many celebratory drinks geauxaway has had?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Calvada said:

LlLOL - what's the over/under on how many celebratory drinks geauxaway has had?  

Nahhh!!! We have school and work tomorrow!!  I did give my baby boy a ton of cherries in his kiddy cocktail.  He had another flute of kid wine and then we went out front to light off a couple fireworks!!!!!   

Also @Calvada I will never forget the last time the Packers won the Super Bowl.  It was the 2nd time I could see and remember it, And I was with my family and friends in WI.   It was a party and a half!!!!!!  My bro in law bestie was running front to back of the house screaming in and out the screen doors.   Those MKE boys know how to party!!!!  

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Nahhh!!! We have school and work tomorrow!!  I did give my baby boy a ton of cherries in his kiddy cocktail.  He had another flute of kid wine and then we went out front to light off a couple fireworks!!!!!   

Also @Calvada I will never forget the last time the Packers won the Super Bowl.  It was the 2nd time I could see and remember it, And I was with my family and friends in WI.   It was a party and a half!!!!!!  My bro in law bestie was running front to back of the house screaming in and out the screen doors.   Those MKE boys know how to party!!!!  

I know college kids were trying to get classes cancelled, did they succeed?

The attorney who asked for the continuance did have it granted.   Boy when she shows up for that trial will she have a smile on her face.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I know college kids were trying to get classes cancelled, did they succeed?

The attorney who asked for the continuance did have it granted.   Boy when she shows up for that trial will she have a smile on her face.

I’m not sure about all that.  I know they cancelled school for the Royals parade, but I didn’t get to attend that because I had to fly out for a work trip the same day.  Still bitter!!!!!!  Not going miss this one!!!

• Love 1

Twenty-five years ago, hours after the end of the AFC Champioship game, there was me: in the middle of the night, in the middle of the KC airport parking lot, crying my eyes out all over Derrick Thomas, heart well&truly broken.

And now.  

Thanks to the Chiefs Kingdom,

Thanks to the BoyKing Pat,

Thanks to the Kingdom Landlord (Tyrann Mathieu),

Thanks to StoneCold Jones and DameDash and the RealFrankC and Mr"FightForYourRightToParty!!!",

Thanks to my Chiefs!!

My heart is well&truly healed.

• Love 4

50 years ago I was stationed with the US Army at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas.  I was the only soldier in my unit from the Kansas City area and I got so excited with the win over Vikings that I jumped up and broke the sofa we were sitting on.  Then I arranged to get excused from duty so I could take the bus into KC and celebrate with the parade, etc.  Sadly, the morning of the parade I had wisdom teeth extracted and I had to cancel my celebration plans when the pain got too bad.

Now KC is planning another celebratory parade and I don't have any teeth left that might cause a problem, but I'm now too old to fight the crowds.  Oh well, party on Chiefs' Kingdom.  I'll watch on tv.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7