Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Just got caught up with the coverage of OBJ's antics at the LSU game. 

What an asshole. 

I would think that Dave Gettleman has to be thinking "Phew! That could have been my problem." when he sees the never ending stream of stories about the stuff Beckham does and says off the field. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

OBJ is lucky that security guard didn't retaliate.  I wish he had. 

He is never going to grow up, never going to be able to relinquish the spotlight, good or bad.  I hope the NCAA bans him from the sidelines for the hundred dollar bill stunt. 

The Browns need to jettison him ASAP; he is not worth the trouble.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

He is lucky that the guard wasn't female. 

The gender of the guard shouldn't matter, but we all know that his actions would have been taken more seriously if he had slapped a woman on the butt.

Also, he wouldn't have slapped a big dude on the butt either.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

He is lucky that the guard wasn't female. 

The gender of the guard shouldn't matter, but we all know that his actions would have been taken more seriously if he had slapped a woman on the butt.

I think it's 100% due to the guard or police man's profession more than gender cuz women have their asses touched, grabbed, squeezed and pinched all the time without charges being brought. Just like men can be shoved or pushed but do that to a law enforcement officer and it potentially becomes a crime. 

Or to keep it on topic, a little pushing and shoving in a game is fine but ther minute you touch the ref?  Flag, fine as possible ejection. 

The guard signed an affidavit that he's not pressing charges so these will likely be dropped. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

"Report: Tom Brady 'embarrassed' by salary, plans to move out of New England" --This showed up in my "recommended for you" google news feed. I'm like, damn, even google knows I hate Tom Brady! 

KC playing the Titans tomorrow is turning into a tiny Sophie's Choice for me. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

There is no way the NFL would let that go without doing something.

The NFL?  Yes.  And they might do something here too.  I just don't think an arrest would necessarily be part of the equation.

• Love 1

I don’t blame Tom Brady for being pissed. He’s not even in the top 10 for QB salaries. I’m also shocked at how little Mahomes gets paid. I know it’s his rookie contract but once it’s up I’m sure the Chiefs will pay up (reportedly its will be about 40 mil a year). What a bargain (same with Lamar Jackson and Deshawn Watson).

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/#google_vignette

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

"Report: Tom Brady 'embarrassed' by salary, plans to move out of New England"

I don't understand this. I thought it was his choice to sign below market rate contracts. Kraft would have paid whatever the price (just like every owner with a top flight QB does) to keep him in town.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't know what this means

Sophie's Choice was a novel by William Stryon and later a movie starring Meryl Streep.

Spoiler

The titular "Choice" is that Sophie had to choose which one of her children would be sent to be killed by the Nazis and which would be spared. Basically TV Bitch was saying they found it hard to choose among the two teams. Obviously, a much less serious dilemma here. 😊

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

I don't understand this. I thought it was his choice to sign below market rate contracts. 

I thought so, too.  My understanding was that was a deliberate choice so the Pats could afford to have stellar players surrounding him.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Why, whyyyy, whhhhhyyyyyy do I have to listen to Romo calling the one game I'm really interested in? I cannot stand his voice and he never, ever, ever shuts up. 

I was coming here to ask if anyone else was having problems with the sound, but I guess not. I wish the NFL would have something like ESPN's Skycast, it was magnificent.

27 minutes ago, Popples said:

I was coming here to ask if anyone else was having problems with the sound, but I guess not. I wish the NFL would have something like ESPN's Skycast, it was magnificent.

We are.  But since it's Romo, it doesn't really matter...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I like Romo. He explains everything so well.

Im surprised the Titans are still hanging with the Chiefs but I’m expecting Mahomes to tire the defense out soon. Guy is unreal. 

Another team that seems to have abandoned their running game in the second half trying to keep up with the Chiefs. That never works out in the end.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 7

Chiefs just scored again and Vrabel looks ready to cry.

Announcers keep saying the last time KC was in the Super Bowl was 50 years ago. That's the last time the Vikings were in a Super Bowl, too.

I read your comments about the sound - I've got the KC radio broadcast on and watching through CBS All Access on mute. Anyhow, the radio broadcast is static-y.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Useful 3

SHUT UP, ROMO!

Gods, he's awful.  And it's a shame, because he's quite knowledgeable.  But he never shuts up, and it hasn't improved any since he first got into broadcasting.  The worst is when he starts making up conversations the refs or players are having.  He's just off in his own little world, role playing.

This AFC game went pretty much how I figured it would play out; I know we weren't supposed to count the Titans out, but I just couldn't imagine them pulling off another surprise victory.  I figured they were going to come out strong, but then find themselves dominated.

I'm still conflicted on who I want to win the NFC championship.  (And I didn't care who won the AFC.)  Either way, I think it will be a good Super Bowl.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, twoods said:

I like Romo. He explains everything so well.

Im surprised the Titans are still hanging with the Chiefs but I’m expecting Mahomes to tire the defense out soon. Guy is unreal. 

Another team that seems to have abandoned their running game in the second half trying to keep up with the Chiefs. That never works out in the end.

I like Tony too and enjoy his commentary.

And Congrats to the Chiefs and their fans for them going to the Super Bowl. I really like Andy Reid and I would like to see him win a Super Bowl. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Go, Big Red!

Now, go get yourself that Super Bowl that you weren't able to get with my Eagles.

#temporaryChiefsfan

Me too!

Watching the post game and hearing Travis Kelce's post game comments and watching Jason's Superbowl parade speech I'm going to go ahead  and assume the Kelce brothers watched a lot of wrestling growing up . Travis's comments were good but still have a lot to live up to to top his brother.😂

• Love 1

Congratulations, Kansas City!!!!!

Go 49ers!!

37 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

I had a friend who passed last year and his favorite team was the Chiefs. Along with the local angle with Mahomes, they're my rooting interest to win the SB.

I want Kansas City to win the Super Bowl, too, and also partly because of Mahomes's dad pitching for the Twins.

• Love 2

Congrats, Mahomes and Chiefs! Mahomes is from my hometown so I'm pulling for him. He and his mom are so nice.

I also finally figured out who Vrabel reminds me of--Ryan Reynolds. 

I have no favorite in the GB/49ers game but I think I'll root for the 49ers and Katie Sowers.

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Congratulations, Kansas City!!!!!

Go 49ers!!

I want Kansas City to win the Super Bowl, too, and also partly because of Mahomes's dad pitching for the Twins.

huh?    I can’t even think of any time Mahomes has referenced any connections to the Twins.  But yah.  It’s great to live here in KC and have all my friends cheering for the Packers.  

3 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

huh?    I can’t even think of any time Mahomes has referenced any connections to the Twins.  But yah.  It’s great to live here in KC and have all my friends cheering for the Packers.  

Maybe he hasn't, but I remember Pat Mahomes pitching for the Twins. I watched and listened to those games.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Lamb18 is correct, Pat Mahomes Sr., who played in the MLB, is Patrick Mahomes' father.

Not disputing that, just saying that no one here in KC cares about it.   Most my peeps here are Packers fans.  It’s just humorous to me that after living a long time it the hell hole of the Twin Cities....not a lot of people give a fuck about MN.   They try to always make connections to random shit.   I’m pretty sure they’ve even tried to hop on my Alma mater LSU Natty.   🤣🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by geauxaway
2 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Most my peeps here are Packers fans.

Too bad for them. Jimmy Garoppolo has 4 completions for a total of 48 yards. San Francisco 27 Packers 0. I would never count Aaron Rodgers out, but unless half the Niners D suffers knee injuries, this could be a long second half.

• Love 3

The Packers and their shitass play are ruining the possibility of Super Bowl I redone.

Only time I ever rooted for San Francisco was when they played the Ravens in the SB and I sure as fuck am not starting now.  Get your shit together Green Bay.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Too bad for them. Jimmy Garoppolo has 4 completions for a total of 48 yards. San Francisco 27 Packers 0. I would never count Aaron Rodgers out, but unless half the Niners D suffers knee injuries, this could be a long second half.

I meant after being Chefs fans they support me.  Good lord.  Of course they are Chiefs fans first.  My work bestie is a 30 year season ticket holder.  I’m a born Packers fan.  But when I’ve seen my team win 2 Super Bowls in my lifetime.  Now I’m sooooooo happy for my peeps.  And my son.

5 minutes ago, mojoween said:

The Packers and their shitass play are ruining the possibility of Super Bowl I redone.

Only time I ever rooted for San Francisco was when they played the Ravens in the SB and I sure as fuck am not starting now.  Get your shit together Green Bay.

Churning up the mojo

One of my all time favorite songs is “2 out of 3 ain’t bad.”   LSU brought it home.  The Chiefs did it.   Packers lose ..... eh.  Life goes one.  I’m still wining!!!!

18 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Trying!!!!!!

48 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Blah.  It will all be OK.  I’m still riding so high on the LSU victory.  And now the Chiefs.  Life is GOOD!!!  O

we are about to go start shooting stuff off here at our house.  As a born and bred Packers fan, I know we will be back.  No worries. We good

Edited by geauxaway
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The NFC game is not the one I thought would be a blow out.   The whole Packers team looks defeated.  The Titans did too at the end of the first half but at least they kept trying.

If you mean by trying the cross eyed try hard QB, then yes!   

3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Announcers keep saying the last time KC was in the Super Bowl was 50 years ago. That's the last time the Vikings were in a Super Bowl, too.

Au contraire.  The loss to KC in SB IV was only the first of four trips to the SB for the Vikings, and the only one that didn't include Fran Tarkenton.  They lost to Miami, Pittsburgh and Oakland in the mid-1970s.

2 hours ago, shoregirl said:

Watching the post game and hearing Travis Kelce's post game comments and watching Jason's Superbowl parade speech I'm going to go ahead  and assume the Kelce brothers watched a lot of wrestling growing up . Travis's comments were good but still have a lot to live up to to top his brother.

I was thinking how insane their household must have been when those two were growing up!

I'm not sure Jason could top his own parade speech, but I look forward to the day he gets to try.

#MaybeNextYear

#FlyEaglesFly

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Au contraire.  The loss to KC in SB IV was only the first of four trips to the SB for the Vikings, and the only one that didn't include Fran Tarkenton.  They lost to Mia.mi, Pittsburgh and Oakland in the mid-1970s.

That's right! I guess I was ten years off. I was in 6th grade for that first one and wasn't paying much attention. I remember watching the others.