Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Congrats to the 49ers and their wins. They had another impressive and dominant win tonight. Jimmy didn't pass for much but their run game was very effective. Raheem Mostert had a great performance tonight and helped lead them to the win over the Packers.

I am looking forward to this Chiefs/49ers Super Bowl. I would be happy with either team winning. I think it will be a good one. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 5

Well damn! I didn’t have a dog in the fight but was hoping for a Titans win. I guess I’ll pull for the 49ers only because I feel like Garappolo has been sitting in Tom Brady’s shadow for so long he deserves a win. 

Leading up to the Packers game my neighbors kept adding new Packers lawn ornaments to their yard every day. We don’t speak but I imagine if I opened the door right now I could hear them crying. 

I was pulling for San Francisco but damn- I didn’t want the Packers to go out like that. Brutal!

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 3

So this is why every Niners fan was rooting for the Packers last week. The Seahawks always kept things close with the Niners and may have pulled off the upset.

I don’t like either team but I want Andy Reid to finally win a SB and as a Bills fan it will be nice to see Sammy Watkins win one too. At least I won’t feel nauseated wondering if the Patriots were going to win again. Thank you Titans!

Edited by twoods
  • Love 5

HEYYYYYY OHHHHYOOOOO HEYYY YOOOOOOOYHOOOOÔ🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼 CHOP IT UP CHIEFS!!!!!!   👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻💛❤️💛❤️

22 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

It's very convenient that the NFL is celebrating 100 years and the Superbowl is a repeat of Superbowl 1.

Nope, the Packers messed that up by declining to tackle Raheem Mostert.

ETA:

49ers will be tough to beat though.  I assume they will be favored. 

Opening line is Chiefs by a point and a half. That's basically a pick'em.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Nope, the Packers messed that up by declining to tackle Raheem Moster

Thats what I get for googling Superbowl 1 (I knew one of the matchup was) but not actually reading the date when they had the current Superbowl. 

46 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Like to see the Chiefs win.  Not a fan per se of either team, but I like to see teams get a first SB win, whoever it might be. 

Chiefs won SB IV.  Admittedly, 50 years ago.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Wow, that was lopsided. I expected the 49ers to win but I thought it would be a lot closer. Looking forward to the Chiefs and 49ers in the Super Bowl, I wonder how high the score will be?

The 49er defense is awfully good.

Sooooooooo stoked!!!!! I sit next to  a 30 year Chiefs season ticket holder.  She was at the game today.  Just screamed together on the phone.   She was pulling for the Packers but oh well.  SUCH A GOOD TIME!!!!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I used up all my powers last week cursing the Ravens.  I really wanted the Titans to win, but I'm fine with the Chiefs.  While Jimmy G. is totally my boyfriend, he has already won two SBs, and I have residual hatred of the 49ers because of SB XXIII and really, really don't want to see that fucking racist, homophobic asshole Nick Bosa with a SB ring.

So, Patrick, baby, you and your boys need to get it done for me, and for all that is good in the world.  xoxo

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, voiceover said:

Must dispute the comment about KC fans "not caring" about Papa Mahomes.  Puhleeze!  The parents of the BoyKing are revered here.  Pictures like this are on many Chiefs fans Twitter feed:

5BA2029D-5181-4015-BF00-340C06D88547.jpeg

Awesome.  I live here in KC not one person I know has ever mentioned his “MN” roots.  Seriously I know no one who has ever called back to that.  Including his own parents who wear Chiefs gear (QB Producer) to the games.  Sorry, but its not a thing so stop trying to make it happen.  It’s the ONE thing that is so MF irritating.  GEAUX CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I am going to love for the next two weeks is all the talk of each teams' previous Super Bowl appearances and outcome, with one glaring exception.   Ain't no one going to mention how Kaepernick got the 49ers to the Super Bowl just a few short years ago.   Nope, we will hear about the Chiefs losing to the Vikings.  We will hear about Joe Montana's amazing years (with both teams even though he never took the Chiefs to a Super Bowl) and we will hear about Steve Young getting out from Joe Montana's shadow.   But Kaep, not a single word I bet.  

As for the game itself, I like both teams.   Although not thrilled Tyreek Hill gets to go to a Super Bowl he shouldn't even be playing.   But Mahomes is too good to want to punish him like that.   I've had a soft spot for the 49ers since the Montana years.   I'll know who I care about winning during the game when I cheer or curse a score.   My heart will know who I really want to win.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Chiefs won SB IV.  Admittedly, 50 years ago.

I'm old enough to remember it, along with Hank Stram and Len Dawson.  I will be rooting for KC although I wish they'd stop with the Tomahawk Chopping.  As a native Clevelander and an Indians' fan/season ticket holder; I know all about teams and racial stereotyping.  It just needs to stop.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Nope, we will hear about the Chiefs losing to the Vikings. 

Why, considering that they beat the Vikings?

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Wait.  The Kansas City Chiefs used to be the Dallas Texans, who were run out of town by the Dallas Cowboys?  Really?

Yup.  If that doesn't make you root for KC, along with burning memories of the effing 2003 SF/NYG wild card game, nothing will.

• Useful 1

I have nobody to root for on the 49ers - Chiefs so hopefully this upcoming game won't be an outright dud like last year's game.

I'm kind of glad that the 49ers beat the crap out of the Packers last night, so hopefully this will put an END to even thinking about putting Aaron Rodgers on GOAT status. He doesn't belong there in the first place & it was very tiresome hearing Brady vs Rodgers debates. These GOAT debates are very stupid & pointless to begin with.

I also hope that Rodgers, Brady, JJ Watt, Josh Norman, Baker Mayfield, & OBJ won't be anywhere near Miami during Super Bowl week. 

Edited by Magog
  • Love 2

I switched over to the Australian Open during the Packers game. Aaron and the team were looking sad and defeated and I don't enjoy seeing a team go out in a semi-humiliating way.*

*Offer void in New England.  

• LOL 9
14 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Nope, the Packers messed that up by declining to tackle Raheem Mostert.

ETA:

Opening line is Chiefs by a point and a half. That's basically a pick'em.

Surprised the Chiefs are favored. 

They can't fall behind to the 49ers by double digits early and expect to come back so easily like the last few weeks. 

I don't have strong feelings for either team and would prefer the Chiefs winning since it would be their first title in 50 years (I forgot they won SB IV, but still, a long time), but I would pick the 49ers if I had to make a bet. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ugh, I'm getting the Super Bowl I didn't want. I have despised both teams since I was a little tyke. 

There's always Puppy Bowl. 

It took me a minute to figure out how these two teams could be hated by the same person from such a young age. Then... Oh! Raiders Fans!

I will for sure be rooting for the Chiefs. I do like to see a team with a good fan base get a championship at least once every fifty years.  The Niners are only going on 25 since their last ring. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Magog said:

I'm kind of glad that the 49ers beat the crap out of the Packers last night, so hopefully this will put an END to even thinking about putting Aaron Rodgers on GOAT status. He doesn't belong there in the first place & it was very tiresome hearing Brady vs Rodgers debates. These GOAT debates are very stupid & pointless to begin with.

Some guys on ESPN this morning were actually speculating whether Mahomes was GOAT.  After two seasons.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

It took me a minute to figure out how these two teams could be hated by the same person from such a young age. Then... Oh! Raiders Fans!

I will for sure be rooting for the Chiefs. I do like to see a team with a good fan base get a championship at least once every fifty years.  The Niners are only going on 25 since their last ring. 

Haha, I'm busted! It's tough being a Raider fan, and I do have other NFC teams I like, but I can't uber any of them. Niner fans are as bandwagon as hell, and the Chiefs are a divisional rival. If pressed, I guess I'd go with KC since it's been 50 years since they last won. The Whiners have enough already.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, basiltherat said:

That picture of Baby Mahomes is ADORABLE!!!  And he has the same hair today!

It breaks my heart to tell you that the Baby Mahomes hair was...photoshopped.

Look closely at his baby headband.  There's a Chiefs logo on it 🤣

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, Fukui San said:

When has a Super Bowl halftime show ever sounded promising?

Some of them turn out well, but are we ever on pins and needles waiting to see what they do in anticipation? Maybe Lady Gaga?

Prince. That's the only one I remember. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Will anybody else besides me not be watching the halftime show?

I like JLo and Shakira, but I think that it’s going to be very boring.

I wouldn't watch them any other time (who is Shakira?), so why would I watch them in a halftime show.  But then, I never watch the halftime show.  I'm one of those crazy football fans who tunes in for the game.

• Love 3

Why don't they have Gloria Estefan or any other Miami-based entertainers (I'm not up on modern music) or some other Latin music?  JLo is from "the block" and Shakira is from Colombia, not Miami or Cuba.

I remember The Who and Tom Petty, which I made sure to watch.  I even can say Springsteen was great, and I don't even like his music.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

There was some talk about that but, alas, it didn't happen.

I also say every year that they should try for local talent in the area, but then they all freaked out Beyonce was turning us all into black panthers.

• LOL 1

Thrilled to see that NFL Network is screening the 1994 Chiefs-49ers game tomorrow (Also known as "Joe v. Steve: Vengeance Bowl").

Somewhere in my box of Important Stuff is the front page of that day's SF Chronicle sports section.  I kept it because I loved the headline: "Niners-Chiefs: Shut Up and Deal".

And deal they did.  Derrick Thomas sacked Steve Young a jillion times, and afterwards Joe Montana had twice as many hamburgers brought to the lockerroom.  True story.

I have no doubt I'll burst into tears when 58 runs onto the field.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Is anyone else following the Antonio Brown saga?

I'm no psychiatrist, but it does sound like this man needs help.  I just hope he doesn't blow his brains out while locked up in the house.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Eli has infuriated me for 16 years.

Don’t go!

16 years minus two days:  2/3/2008 and 2/5/2012.

It was a long, painful drought between Phil Simms and Eli.  It's gonna be a long drought again.

• Love 3