Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LIV: Live Posting Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

I don't know who is going to win the game tonight & I hope the game will be fun to watch (thankfully no Patriots or Cowboys to deal with). But, I'm very certain that 95% of the commercials are going to be very very bad like the past several years. The Halftime Show have been a downright abomination & absolutely unenjoyable in the past couple of years. So I have very low expectation for this year's show. 

Heh. Bellichek getting booed at the NFL100 ceremony.

And Gronk wears a bow tie. Seems in character. 😜

Huh. I wonder why OJ Simpson isn’t there. He did make the list. 😜😜😜😜😜

Edited by Lantern7

Ok this is totally off topic but ... are there just not a lot of blond football players? When I looked at the NFL greats I noticed that Peyton Manning is the only blond among them. John Elway was blond too. But football seems to attract guys with dark hair. Totally off topic but not much is happening now.

I’m not really a football fan. I remembered reading the “Why Your Team Sucks” essays on Deadspin [RIP] at the start of the season. Here are the posts on the Chiefs and Niners.

Damn, has there been a team that made a turnaround like the Niners? Dang.

Edited by Lantern7
4 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ok this is totally off topic but ... are there just not a lot of blond football players? When I looked at the NFL greats I noticed that Peyton Manning is the only blond among them. John Elway was blond too. But football seems to attract guys with dark hair. Totally off topic but not much is happening now.

This is a good question. I never noticed that but now I'll be on the lookout. Maybe the blond ones just suck and didn't make the top 100.

It was nice to see Demi Lovato looking healthy and sounding good.  I obvs do not know her, but she’s been through so much and hopefully she can stay on the other side.

I know who I am 1000% rooting against but I can’t say it because jinx.

When they showed Tom standing with the other QB’s he looked like an old man.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

It was nice to see Demi Lovato looking healthy and sounding good.  I obvs do not know her, but she’s been through so much and hopefully she can stay on the other side.

I know who I am 1000% rooting against but I can’t say it because jinx.

When they showed Tom standing with the other QB’s he looked like an old man.

Demi Lovato sang it really well. Not flashy, but sang it well.

• Love 3
Just now, talktoomuch said:

I ended up liking that commercial. I wasn't sure with the pre-game version but the payoff was good. That kid had a great personality! 

And great hair

• Love 4

Loved the video with the kiddo running with the football.  That was fun and very cool how it ended.  Also loved the tribute to the US flag before the game.  Gave me chills.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1

Okay, so I know the last title for Kansas City was from the Royals in 2015. Do the Warriors play in San Francisco or Oakland?

5 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

OJ Simpson, really?  I question that decision.

He was good back then. He might have been the only rep from Buffalo there.

1 hour ago, ebk57 said:

I don't usually like the Rob Riggle segments, but that one with Pit Bull - and Larry King! - was pretty funny. 

Does stuff like that get put online after the game?

ETA: I think the (baseball) Giants last won the World Series in 2014.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Okay, so I know the last title for Kansas City was from the Royals in 2015. Do the Warriors play in San Francisco or Oakland?

They currently play in San Francisco. Those Warriors played in Oakland for 47 yrs before that. 

And we finally got our first score. A 49ers field goal.

Edited by Magog
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I am not liking FOX’s new scorebug and I really hate how they have the stat line next to it.  Just the score, time and down/distance is enough, thanks.

Agreed. Yellow surrounded by yellow score boxes is not a good way to alert people of a flag on the play.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Is it too late to replace Shakira & J blows with Gloria Estefan?? 

I'm no great fan of Jennifer Lopez, but Shakira is a well-deserved international superstar. The show they put on can't be worse than Coldplay. 😄

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Bewitched said:

Supposedly there are multiple political ads tonight, mostly Trump and Bloomberg.

We need a "sigh" emoji

Just now, Ashforth said:

image.thumb.png.8e214316ccff02283593ac2ed6369121.png

And a "love" emoji...

• Love 4

Looks like I'll be muting the commercials and watching the good ones on youtube tomorrow. 🙄😡

5 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

I'm no great fan of Jennifer Lopez, but Shakira is a well-deserved international superstar. The show they put on can't be worse than Coldplay. 😄

I heartily agree that Coldplay sucked. 😆

Ok so Charlize Theron in Fast and Furious again is a hard no, but dammit if that Top Gun ad didn’t make me want to see it.

Political ads for ANYONE can die in a fire, regenerate, get run over by a truck, come back to life and then get mauled by lions.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Supposedly there are multiple political ads tonight, mostly Trump and Bloomberg.

Does Vegas have an over/under on how many candidates will appear in the halftime show?

8 minutes ago, mojoween said:

“Just keep matriculating the ball down the field, boys!”

Sure, Hank.  I got you.

Gotta love the old NFL Films clips. If I ran NFL Network, I would’ve aired Super Bowl highlights films for 53 straight days.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Court said:

I never care about the commercials. I did adore that pre-game sketch. I'm rooting for the Chiefs. I can't root for Shanahan. 

Kansas born and bred, so you know who my team is. However, I lived in Colorado for 14 years, so I have Broncos DNA grafted on to me! Virginian now, and there aren’t too many Chiefs fans here.

9 minutes ago, mojoween said:

“Just keep matriculating the ball down the field, boys!”

Sure, Hank.  I got you.

I’m from the old Hank Stram days. We got used to that. Good times!

• Love 1

This is such a weird thing that I have to make sure I pay attention to the commercials instead of automatically coming back here to read.  No on Wal-Mart.  Maybe on Black Widow.  Leaning yes to Jason Momoa-Rocket Mortgage. 

• Love 3

I am looking forward to this game and the commercials tonight.

I thought that the Super Bowl 100 commercial with the young kid being encouraged by past, present NFL players/athletes was pretty cool. I liked how he showed up in real time at the conclusion. 

San Francisco started out with a nice opening drive (though they were prevented from getting a TD) and now the Chiefs have put together a pretty good second drive. Patrick is looking pretty solid so far.  

• Love 3