Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LIV: Live Posting Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Every time there were saying that name, I kept thinking they were saying Janeane Garofalo.

Same!

Apparently I have the UO of being a 'Niners fan (from way on back -- even before the Joe Montana years!), so I'm not best pleased.  But I can't be too mad, since the Chiefs haven't won a Super Bowl in forever.  So, good for them!

• Love 2

Congrats to the Chiefs and their fans. I'm very happy for Andy Reid winning his first Super Bowl championship. That is awesome.

Both teams have a lot of talent but in the end Patrick Mahomes came up clutch after being down 10 and The Chiefs did enough to get the win. Great for them.

San Francisco is a great team, and was definitely one of the best teams this season. They can win in several different ways but fell short tonight. I do believe they could go back to another Super Bowl. And possibly sooner than later. 

• Love 6

I gotta bounce. My car is in the shop, and I need to take out the trash. Nice chatting with you, thanks for the likes!

You think Andy will pitch Quaker Oats? He’s got the ‘stache already.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Why the hell did Andy Reid take a time out?   The team was in victory formation.   Run out the damn clock and end the game.

I think it was 4th down so he wanted to drain the clock out by having Mahomes heave it. 

Kyle Shanahan should be ashamed of himself. Andy Reid is now off the hook (long time coach not getting it done in big games) & Kyle Shanahan has now taken his place.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 2

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I've resented the 49ers since they beat the Bengals in this same stadium when I was a small child.  I legitimately wanted the Chiefs to win, but seeing that racist, homophobic (and I just assume misogynistic) piece of shit Nick Bosa look so pissed off at not winning is just icing on the cake.  I reaaaaalllllllly didn't want him to get a ring.

I honestly can't believe the Chiefs came back.  Well done, boys.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

*small voice* I have Discover (and Visa and Master Card).

Add Amex for me.  You have to have all of them because you never know who takes which card.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• Love 2

Very happy for Andy Reid and his family.  Andy gets win 222 on 2-2-20.  Clearly it was meant to be. 

What a goofy interview with Andy Reid!  

Best commercial was Weather Tech - a dog surviving cancer?  Got a little dusty here.  

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Wait.  Maisie Williams can sing!?

I didn't know who she was -  thank you google.  I had assumed she was a singer but maybe someone who did Broadway which was why I didn't recognize her.

2 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Everyone takes Amex though. 

Everyone does not.    They have higher transaction rates so lots of places do not take Amex.   Hubby has an Amex and I wind up paying for a lot because we are some place that doesn't take his card.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Everyone takes Amex though. 

Not true, because their fees are so high.  Everyone takes Visa and MasterCard.  Amex and Discover are the wildcards (although Discover is more wild...)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I always enjoy chatting here during live events.  Thanks everyone for making this fun.  And, as said before, next week for the Oscars!

I do too!  Really adds to the fun of the events.  Love hearing the opinions and wit — see you for the Oscars!

• Love 5
Just now, DoctorAtomic said:

My Amex is no fee. 

Not a fee to you, but to the merchants.  That's why they don't like to take it if it's not necessary to keeping business.  The Amex (and Discover) fee is higher than the Visa and MasterCard fee. 

• Love 2

Terry Bradshaw should NOT be the one up there on the platform.  He's terrible at that.  I hate to say something positive about Joe Buck, but he would be a hell of a lot better than Terry Bradshaw.  He might achieve something better than semi-coherence.  

Although it was amusing eight years ago when the Packers won, and after picking against them in every round of the playoffs, Terry had to say positive things about them and congratulate Aaron Rodgers on being named MVP.   I always felt he carried a grudge about how his buddy Brett Favre exited the Packers.  

Congrats, Big Red, for achieving in KC what you weren't able to get done in Philly. I'm happy for ya, big guy.

Now, let's see if Travis Kelce can beat his brother's championship parade speech (and attire). My money is on, no.

• Love 3