Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LIV: Live Posting Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Ok so Charlize Theron in Fast and Furious again is a hard no, but dammit if that Top Gun ad didn’t make me want to see it.

Political ads for ANYONE can die in a fire, regenerate, get run over by a truck, come back to life and then get mauled by lions.

Jon Hamm in a Navy uniform. I am so there!!!

• Love 1

I actually liked that Tom Brady Hulu commercial lol. I admit I did think for a moment there he would announce his retirement, lol.  (And another reason because he posted that cryptic tweet, with him in the stadium. Turns out he was just filming a commercial. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, xaxat said:

OK, the New York life ad going through the Greek definitions of love is my favorite. Regardless of what comes late.

I admit, I cried a little.  Possibly because of personal circumstances at the moment.

• Love 2

The Chiefs defense is doing a nice job of agitating Jimmy G. They did a good job of pressuring him and creating that turnover. If they can keep this type of play up that could definitely bode well for the Chiefs in this game. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 2

Big Papi cannot do a Boston accent and it makes me laugh.

In the Secret ad at the beginning of the game, when everyone was aghast that the women took their helmets off and were women, how were they surprised?  Wouldn’t they already know their holder and kicker were women?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

The Chiefs defense is doing a nice job of agitating Jimmy G. They did a good job of pressuring him creating that turnover. If they can keep this type of play up that could definitely bode well for the Chiefs in this game. 

I hate those lazy floaters he throws. Even when he's not mid-sack. They're too dangerous.

15 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

So when will Andy Reid outhink himself and screw up? 

Or mismanage the clock terribly?

11 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Fuck Tom Brady.

Also, he is not, nor has he ever been, good-looking.

He looks like a wax figure that melted and then someone stuck him in the fridge to fix it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, bmoore4026 said:

Why are avocados a thing on the internet?

I don't know, but the guy in the helmet with the glazed smiling expression turning his face slightly to the camera made me laugh.

• Love 2

That was a nice stop by the 49ers defense, limiting the Chiefs to 3 points. Though, I do think that overall Patrick has seemed poised (Though he had a few missed throws on this drive). He's been trying to get the ball out quickly and hasn't seemed too rattled by the 49ers defense. It's good he has confidence and he needs to continue to hang in there.

Also, I liked that beer commercial, I thought it was kind of cool/interesting mentioning how buying their beer could help organic farmers.

5 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

Also, I liked that beer commercial, I thought it was kind of cool/interesting mentioning how buying their beer could help organic farmers.

Somehow, I'm not buying that. And who would want to drink that disgusting Michelob Light anyway? 

DJ Khaled can get lost & stay lost for all I care. 

Edit: Even though he sucks, I should still know how to spell his name.

Edited by Magog
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

This half is going by fast IMO. That was a nice effort by Kyle Juszcyyk to help the 49ers even up the game.

Also, that planter's commercial kind of explains what was going on regarding Planters announcing that Mr. Peanut had died on twitter. A lot of people thought that was strange. But it looks like it was just a joke and set up for this commercial lol. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, WritinMan said:

That Coke Energy commercial was really stupid.

“I just got punched three times for my views on superhero movies!”

1 minute ago, Magog said:

The Planters was an absolute waste of my time.

I think there was going to be more going into it . . . but then Kobe died.

ETA: “ja-kwan-ski trott”? Wasn’t he in one of those Key & Peele sketches?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
Just now, bmoore4026 said:

I feel kind of bad for the cheerleaders.  I don't think anyone watching is really paying attention to them.  At least I'm not.

There are actual cheerleaders for the actual teams there?  Honestly, I think cheerleaders should be gone after high school.

And I mean that in the best possible way...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

I feel kind of bad for the cheerleaders.  I don't think anyone watching is really paying attention to them.  At least I'm not.

And some of them (not those in particular) have been abused. Dunno if there’s a point to them in football games.

”Google, could you punch me in the feels?”

ETA: Pretzel Pop Tarts? The double fuck?!? And was that Jesus pitching them?

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3