Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LIV: Live Posting Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

You know, if Colombia and Lebanon decided to take over the world through co-producing telegenic offspring? We would be FUCKED.

Great halftime show. Pity Shakira’s backup dancers could only cover up one leg apiece.

Once again: NO POLITICAL ADS! It’s like busting into church during Christmas mass. Blasphemous!

• Love 2

War chants from the KC fans. Classy.

Didnt even think of “The Waters of Mars.” Nerd fail on me. It would’ve occurred to me if David Tennant swung by and hissed, “The Super Bowl betting pool is mine!”

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Calvada said:

I too loved the PR flag during Born in the USA.  Very high energy show.

Then they cut to the guys at the desk - Jimmy Johnson trying to be cool, Howie Long sounding like someone just woke him up, and Terry Bradshaw trying to talk without a microphone.  

Great for the PR flag.  JLO sucks.  Shakira at least has the pipes and moves.  Time for Jenny from the Block to retire.. JMO.  Watch Gaga from Halftime 2017... Now THAT'S a talent.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Um okay ... this is kind of tricky but ... it always surprises me when NFL games have such diverse players and then all the guys in the Fox booth are older white guys.

Yep, almost all head coaches are white as well. 

And don't get me wrong.  I could never do what JLo is doing on stage at 50, but she did look kinda stiff sometimes compared to how she used to dance.   Shakira moved about the same as she used to, although I know she's about seven years younger than JLo.

• Love 1
Just now, Lantern7 said:

Amazon: “Nazi hunters, Jordan Peele, lady softly singing Neil Diamond’s ‘Coming to America’. Like you ain’t interested.”

Oh, I never heard of that show and am now annoyed that I haven't seen the entire first season. Never mind it hasn't been released yet.

Just now, OtterMommy said:

Okay, I’m here for Al Pacino as a Nazi Hunter.

Also, my husband has slept through most of this game.  Should I be rethinking our relationship?

There's a game? It's just a serious of awesome commercials with some random dudes running around in between them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, MerBearHou said:
1 minute ago, bmoore4026 said:

That Heinz commercial confused me

Same here.  Didn’t get it

I don't get it either nor do I want to. I also kind ketchup very revolting.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I love Shakira but I thought in general the halftime show was a hot mess.  Too much energy and too many people on stage doing too much stuff.  Prince is not impressed. 

Neither was U2. Loved their post 9/11 halftime show.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

And don't get me wrong.  I could never do what JLo is doing on stage at 50, but she did look kinda stiff sometimes compared to how she used to dance.   Shakira moved about the same as she used to, although I know she's about seven years younger than JLo.

JLo pulled a Midge. Some knee shakes and booty pops with major assists from her background dancers.

Still ain't mad at her though. She built a whole entire singing career but can't sing. She banks on looking amazing and being fun. And it works.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

I think it was 4 disparate groups of people descending on an eating establishment and all finding  Heinz... thereby bringing the universe together.

Or I need to be drinking more wine...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I think it was 4 disparate groups of people descending on an eating establishment and all finding  Heinz... thereby bringing the universe together.

Or I need to be drinking more wine...

Both of those could be true.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Cool Ranch Doritos are heinous as a concept and I am sure taste just as bad, but that might have been my favorite SB ad ever.  His mustache danced!  It was just great all the way around.

Tatted guy for Bud Light seltzer was Post Malone.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Okay, I loved the Doritos commercial.  Especially the horse saying no way I'm doing that.

I enjoyed Billy Ray saying he wasn't gonna dance.

The Inside Out themed  beer commercial with Post Malone was weird.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

How many here are lit up right now?

I’m always sober. I reckon I miss out on a lot of fun that way.

Still tickled Shakira has a song with the word “Lycanthropy” in it. A lesser writer would’ve put in “werewolfism” and left it at that. 🐺 

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:
  1. Who’s the tatted jamoke?
  2. Why puts alcohol in seltzer?

Is that Little Nas X? I’m out of the pop culture loop.

1. It's singer Post Malone. Very bit.

2. Seltzer with alcohol it one of the fastest growing beverage segments.