Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Week 8

• Start Topic

I had to rewind and watch Kaitlyn's face when Ben said he just wanted to talk all night.  She was NOT feeling that.  I loved that her first conclusion was that Ben must be a virgin, not that maybe he was a mature man trying to actually get to know her before he bones her.  I mean isn't that supposed to be the premise of this whole stupid show??  Kaitlyn just wants to be physical right now which is 100% ok, but it does make me laugh how she just wants to makeout and doesn't seem to care/notice when the guys are trying to make a connection, real or not.  I only count two that were super upset at being eliminated.  That's got to be an all time low.

Shawn and Kaitlyn are perfect for each other because they both love drama.  Shawn going to confront Nick was such a neanderthal move, way to keep it about you and Kaitlyn.  Maybe he should just pee on her to mark his territory.  Gross.

I think Joe's exit was perfectly fine.  I mean she just broke up with him, then she asks for a hug.  Eff that!  One thing I can't stand on the bachelor(ette) is when they dump a girl or guy and then that person ends up comforting THEM!  I would be like screw you, you dumped me I'm out of here.  Try and walk away with at least a modicum of self respect.

• Love 19

So, early in the episode Kaitlyn explains to us that she planned a different type of date as she wants the guys to know that there's more to her than being a funny, fun loving person.  I was so, WHAT?  Where has this funny, fun loving person been as all I've seen is someone who laughs at others getting banged up and/or hurt along with someone who eggs on any kind of drama possible.  

It was very clear throughout the episode that as soon as she thinks someone is going to criticize her or not find her the most awesome bachelorette ever that she immediately changes her entire demeanor.  I felt for Joe in that she immediately went cold with him and then turned on him as well-her 'you figure it out' when he was asking what he was supposed to do.  It is so for the best that he is now free.  He seemed like a nice guy.  As does Jared who I was surprised was let go.  I always wish though that the person who was 'dismissed' would just leave instead of trying to console the bachelor/ette.  Kaitlyn is too quick to the tears and the poor me attitude.

Shawn, Shawn, Shawn.  I think the reason she keeps him around is that she really does like drama.  She has focused on drama throughout the season and has even ramped up the drama to higher levels.  I think that the sex was probably good and that he feeds into her desire to be wanted and the center of attention.  Many women actually like the jealousy and possessiveness that some men (and women) display.  Shawn is also misdirecting his anger.  Nick has nothing to do with what Kaitlyn said/did with Shawn.  This is another perspective that boggles my mind-men and women who attack/hate the person that their 'beloved' is cheating with rather than the cheater.  If Shawn hates the fact that Nick is there-then blame it on the producers or Kaitlyn.  They did not have to bring Nick onto the show.  At this point Nick is more like a bystander to Shawn's drama, yet Shawn seemingly only feels safe in confronting Nick rather than the other participants.  Kaitlyn, however, is egging it on-if she knows Nick isn't the one, then let him go.  Rather, she keeps Nick and Shawn competing against each other.  If she knows that Shawn isn't the one, then let him go.  Although I liked Shawn earlier in the season, at this point all I see is a huge red flag.

What a season-I love it and I hate it, but I keep watching it.

• Love 13

I think my favorite part of Tuesday mornings at work is reading everyone's thoughts on this stupid show!  And reading Kristen Baldwin's yahoo recap.

Can't believe there are three more episodes still to go--well one of them will be the "Men Tell All" but still, this season is dragging, dragging, dragging.  And as much as I love Ireland, couldn't they find some random island to move the fantasy dates to!?

I don't think any of the guys left really have any kind of relationship with Kaitlyn--Nick & Shawn just want to beat the other and "win" and Ben is reading from his Bachelor audition script the producers have given him.

• Love 6
And as much as I love Ireland, couldn't they find some random island to move the fantasy dates to!?

Never forget the penny-pinching that this show now emphasizes.  Ireland is cheap, flights notwithstanding.

• Love 2

And as much as I love Ireland, couldn't they find some random island to move the fantasy dates to!?

I agree!  Ireland looks beautiful, but also COLD!  They started off in sub zero NYC, then went to San Antonio for a tiny respite and now back to cold.  Everyone's clothes is so dark and drab.  I guess it's a reflection of this season in general.  Brrrr.

• Love 1

The Men Tell All show is going to be an unmitigated disaster - every last one of these guys is going to be going 'whew - dodged that bullet!!!'  I can't imagine how any one of these guys isn't going to have to be BRIBED to at least be noncommittal when they talk about her.

And with Joe's departure, as someone mentioned above, he's just been dumped and she's incredulous that he wouldn't want to hug her as he leaves?  Geez, totally clueless.

I don't blame Shawn one bit for his attitude.  She is not handling the situation well at all and it is legitimately making him uncomfortable.  She made the mistake early on of telling him he was the one and sleeping with him before the FS date and then going off with Nick.  Sorry, but that was dishonest.  She did say the right thing last night that she needs to go through the process, but that should've been the first thought she had before she gave Shawn the final rose two weeks into the process.  I would feel duped too.

• Love 3

I loved Rainsong's post, too, particularly this part:

Nick is the archetype of the 21st Century selfie boyfriend - merely there to be the party of the second part in the iPhone camera frame and to post nice emojis about the female in tribute.  He's about as threatening as a bowl of oatmeal, as masculine as a gingham dress.

Thanks for explaining Nick to me.  I left him out of my "types," because he is a complete mystery to me. To me, everything about him says, "14 year-old Valley girl."  His use of "like," his phrasing, his pastel wardrobe, his bracelets, his time consuming elaborate hair-do and most of, all the demure way he puts his finger tips over his mouth when he talks.   Every time he does that, I want to gently remove his hand from his mouth and punch him in the teeth.

I agree with everyone that Joe had good reason to be mad by the time he left.  By then Kaitlyn had led him on with questions about marriage and love and set him up to look foolish.  But before any of that, he demonstrated his total inability to read expressions and he had a groundless confidence in Kaitlyn being thrilled to hear his declaration of love.

• Love 11

Morning after thoughts:

I Loved Joe's exit.  His internal monologue was "So, I'm really free to go?"  "What?"  "You want a hug?"  "If I hug you will you stop yapping and let me leave?"  "Well, okay."

As far as Kaitlyn/Shawn/Nick, I think that everything we saw last night was 100% because TPTB wanted a Shawn/Nick confrontation.  I think they forced Kaitlyn to "confess" to Shawn on the group date.  The hipster-doofus-leprechaun ruined it by interrupting them.  So then they told her to take one-on-one time with Shawn and confess then.  The time when Shawn was in the "gents" room was him negotiating over what it would take to get him to stick around. 

I don't think Kaitlyn is "smart-smart", but I don't think she's stupid either.  If it was up to her, I think she would've saved the confession until after her FS with Shawn, when there's even less blood in his big head (literally and figuratively) than usual. 

Also, while I'm not exactly a Shawn fan, I think Kaitlyn's confession made her look even worse somehow.  Because what she was saying was that either:

1) She regretted telling Shawn he was "the one" because it was a lie and was just something she was telling him to get him to "talk for 5 or 6 hours" after one of their dates.  (Kait, TPTB can't string together 5-6 minutes of you holding a conversation with a guy, don't try selling the 5-6 hour gab-fest); or

2) She regretted telling Shawn he was "the one" because (although he really was) she planned on getting a lot more dick before the season ended.

What a mess.

• Love 12

The screen cap with the recap! Hilarious.  Joe's completely disgusted face and Kaitlyn's duck lips, in one great shot.  I've developed such a hatred for the lips, it's like Kaitlyn uses them in place of words.

• Love 7
I think Joe's exit was perfectly fine.  I mean she just broke up with him, then she asks for a hug.  Eff that!  One thing I can't stand on the bachelor(ette) is when they dump a girl or guy and then that person ends up comforting THEM!  I would be like screw you, you dumped me I'm out of here.  Try and walk away with at least a modicum of self respect.

I agree somewhat but I would guess Katlyn simply didn't want to end things with Joe on such a sour note so maybe she thought a hug would help ease her mind a bit *shrug* but yeah there is no law saying you can't be angry/bitter/upset with the Bachelorette.  I'm sure stuff like this has happened before but the producers just decided not to show it, ya know keep the star of the show in a good light.  But it seems this season they want to drag Katlyn thru the mud a bit.

I think Shawn was "the one" until Nick showed up and Kaitlin is backpedaling because she couldn't resist Nick's charms (someone is going to have to explain that to me, because I don't get it at all). If she really thought he was "the one" she could have told him that, but then also said she has to play the game to the end and she has to trust in their relationship. But, she is a horrible communicator, so weeks later she's now all pissy with him about how she has to go through the process and this was a mistake, etc. 

While I think Shawn is being over the top with his feelings about this, I can't say I completely blame him. He is a guy. He was told he was "the one" and then creepy Nick shows up and he's not anymore. She starts choosing other guys for date roses, sleeps with Nick, etc. I would feel very insecure too. He's forgotten what show he's on and that she's dating other people, but she is sending him so many mixed messages, he's not thinking straight. 

• Love 4

I think it's really telling that Kaitlyn is sending home the normal, well-adjusted people on this show (as normal as they can be wanting to find love on reality TV) and keeping the two least mature and dramatic men in the house as her top choices. Because let's be honest, Ben H. is likely the next to go. It just shows me how mature she is. How has she kept Shawn this long when he has an issue every single week and throws a temper tantrum every time she gives another guy attention? How is she okay with Nick after he just starts talking smack on Shawn out of nowhere and creating problems? I just feel like she's not ready for a serious relationship if she enables this behavior and seems drawn to the ones acting out like that.

• Love 9

I found it interesting when Nick stated that all the guys considered Shawn Kaitlyn's number one choice and were happy to just complete for number two.  Then he showed up and thought they were crazy.  He wanted to be number one too.  It completely explains why Nick was brought on the show.  They needed to shake things up because Shawn was too obvious as her choice.  It also explains why Shawn has gone crazy.  He now has competition.  Shawn hates the fact he is not sure anymore of Kaitlyn's feelings.  So he reverts to childishly calling Nick "the other guy".  This is all making Shawn look bad.  By comparison Nick is looking like the bigger man.  It is a win win for Nick.  Even if he doesn't win Kaitlyn in the end he does get some redemption from how he was portrayed with Andi.  I think there is still a chance Nick could be the next Bachelor.   

• Love 6

I was a huge supporter of Kaitlyn being Bachelorette before this season started.  And the way everything is unfolding, no one should ever let me get my way again.  I've been underwhelmed with the plotlines, confused with the episode layouts and uninterested in most of the bachelors.  I don't find Kaitlyn to be as interesting or fun as she was portrayed on Farmer Chris' season.  Boo to that.

Jared was a sweet little dude. I feel like him being sent home was a win.  And his behavior solidified that.  He'll find a good match. 

Joe was hilarious.  His blank face when he realized he wasn't going to be continuing on was priceless. This is how I wish more of the cast-offs would react when they are let go.  He dodged a bullet.

Ben H. for Bachelor!

• Love 10

I don't give Shawn any credit for showing up at Nick's door to tell him he hates him because... why? Because Kaitlyn likes him more than anyone else other than Shawn.

What's Nick done to him? Nothing at all. Why pick a fight?  And to me he seems itching for one. If the cameras weren't there it wouldn't surprise me at all if he punched him. Good that boxing date is over with already, I can see TPTB pairing them up and Nick getting genuinely beaten. I really hate Shawn's vibe. (Thought Nick was good to keep cool. Shawn seems very strong and not very emotionally stable. Like someone who feels totally justified in a "crime of passion". Has he never seen the show?)

I did enjoy Ben H telling her he didn't think "FS=sex". Her reaction was pretty funny since (1) she's not that hot and (2) she's not that special. (Although does he really think she can carry a conversation for 9 hours? For an hour? Would it be too much to hope there's a television in the suite?)

Britt and Brady were weird. Britt (acting?) was still all sweet (or "sweet") and innocent about the challenge of "keeping the relationship long distance". Brady looked like he couldn't care less.  While I thought he seemed dull and untalented and she should be able to much better, the change in HIM was really weird.  Obviously much has happened off camera (perhaps within the first day or two of their "relationship") and we weren't going to be told about any of it.

This show just gets worse and worse.

• Love 9

I don't give Shawn any credit for showing up at Nick's door to tell him he hates him because... why? Because Kaitlyn likes him more than anyone else other than Shawn.

Shawn has really become a pill about this I Hate Nick thing.  Good grief dude let it go.  I did find it funny though how Shawn can't even say Nick's name.  When the two of them were sitting on the bench waiting to see what will happen with Joe I specifically remember Shawn saying to the camera that me and "the other guy" are waiting for Katlyn to come back.  The other guy?

• Love 2

I know Kaitlyn's season has been a bit of a mess, but every time they show Britt I am still relieved Kaitlyn got the gig.  

I am willing to bet that Britt is more relieved than you are. 

• Love 6
(edited)
I am willing to bet that Britt is more relieved than you are.

Do tell, Adeejay! Should Britt be relieved because she escaped the inevitable character assassination that Show inflicts, because this season's men are beneath her, or because of something else? I think she'd have sent most of the doofi (doofuses?) packing early on. The gentlemen and the witty may have stood a chance: Ben H, Jared, Cupcake, Tanner.  

ETA: Nick wouldn't even have made an appearance...no need unless he'd been in contact with Britt as well 

Edited by jette
  • Love 2

Shawn is action like Nick is a wizzard that put a spell on Kaitlyn and she has no free will.

Is what happening to Kaitlyn character assassination or is she just a shallow surface person like Ian said?

She did put something on Instagram about how she isn't here for nice guys

• Love 3

Just some random thoughts on this disaster of a season:

Britt should have been the bachelorette.

I think they wasted Ireland on Kaitlyn's season.

99% of the guys this season were too good for her.

Joe was never going to get any farther, but why did she insist on him saying he was in love with her if she felt nothing for him.

And with Joe's departure, as someone mentioned above, he's just been dumped and she's incredulous that he wouldn't want to hug her as he leaves?  Geez, totally clueless.

Kaitlyn had led him on with questions about marriage and love and set him up to look foolish.

Kaitlyn treated Joe like crap and it was all to satisfy her own ego.  Her reaction to Ben for not wanting to sleep with her is just further proof of that. 

I think there is still a chance Nick could be the next Bachelor.

That would make Nick's season even more revolting than Kaitlyn's, though I find that almost impossible.

This show just gets worse and worse.

Amen.  This used to be a fun show. Now it's just excruciating.

• Love 10

By comparison Nick is looking like the bigger man.  It is a win win for Nick.  Even if he doesn't win Kaitlyn in the end he does get some redemption from how he was portrayed with Andi.  I think there is still a chance Nick could be the next Bachelor.

Oh please no.  This cannot happen.

• Love 3
Kaitlyn treated Joe like crap and it was all to satisfy her own ego.  Her reaction to Ben for not wanting to sleep with her is just further proof of that.

Especially when she could've easily let Joe go as part of the 2-on-1 date with J.J.

I'm curious how Kaitlyn plays with "Bachelor Nation", or whatever they call the simps who buy into this show on anything above a snark-level.  Because it seems to me that she just keeps digging herself a deeper and deeper hole with the way she's treating these guys.

• Love 3

Do you think the producers think we like Nick?

Jared was a sweet little dude.

It struck me, as they were saying goodbye, that they were a really nice couple. They always had a lot of fun together and he couldn't have cared less about the drama. A sweet little dude indeed--too sweet, she'd rather have a raging mass of insecurity and hair gel. When was the last time she actually had fun with CryinGosling??

I love Ireland but they are still in Ireland? Are they going to go anywhere or do anything or just skulk around hotel grounds like angsty teens BO-RING!

I really don't understand why she told Shawn at all. If he is F3, they all get fantasy suites so you can safely assume she does "fiance stuff" with all of them--so why come clean about the previous private time? Who cares if she's just going to pick Nick anyway? And if she was going to pick Shawn she would have to assume he would be pissed enough to hear that news that she could lose him (unless they too boned). I've never wanted to look at spoilers so bad. There is so much going on off camera.

Nick's Eskimo Brothers line was hilarious and I was sad it was him that made me laugh.

Britt, you can take that shower now.

• Love 5

Are we sure Kaitlyn slept with Shawn in Texas?  If so, why did she feel the need to tell Shawn about sleeping with Nick, but didn't bother telling Nick about sleeping with Shawn?

For all we know, she might have.  we just weren't shown it because it doesn't fit the story they are telling this season. 

I found it interesting when Nick stated that all the guys considered Shawn Kaitlyn's number one choice and were happy to just complete for number two.  Then he showed up and thought they were crazy.  He wanted to be number one too.  It completely explains why Nick was brought on the show.  They needed to shake things up because Shawn was too obvious as her choice.  It also explains why Shawn has gone crazy.  He now has competition.  Shawn hates the fact he is not sure anymore of Kaitlyn's feelings.  So he reverts to childishly calling Nick "the other guy".  This is all making Shawn look bad.  By comparison Nick is looking like the bigger man.  It is a win win for Nick.  Even if he doesn't win Kaitlyn in the end he does get some redemption from how he was portrayed with Andi.  I think there is still a chance Nick could be the next Bachelor.   

Yeah, I said this weeks ago.  I wonder if the "story"  they wanted for the next season was the reason they let Nick back on -  he was to stir things up, and be #2.  Sweet talk Kaitlyn into having sex with him, so he can be the twice spurned, twice heart-broken, " why does everyone want to sleep with me and then marry someone else?"  next bachelor.  

This is all making Shawn look bad.  By comparison Nick is looking like the bigger man.  It is a win win for Nick.  Even if he doesn't win Kaitlyn in the end he does get some redemption from how he was portrayed with Andi.  I think there is still a chance Nick could be the next Bachelor.   

I've always liked Nick and saw nothing wrong with anything he did or said during Andi's season. I still don't understand the animosity toward him--then again, he's seemed perfectly fine to me on this season, too. Actually, I think he seems like a nice, intelligent, likeable guy. It's Shawn who creeps me out.

That said, I hope Nick isn't the bachelor because of all the hate that would be heaped on him on Twitter etc. Who needs that? At this point, he could easily find someone at those Bachelor reject get-togethers. (If, of course, it's not Kaitlyn and since I think he's too good for her, I hope he doesn't "win"...plus having to fear for his life with Shawn on the loose and probably ready to beat him up. She hardly seems worth all that.)

• Love 8
(edited)

Yeah, I said this weeks ago.  I wonder if the "story"  they wanted for the next season was the reason they let Nick back on -  he was to stir things up, and be #2.  Sweet talk Kaitlyn into having sex with him, so he can be the twice spurned, twice heart-broken, " why does everyone want to sleep with me and then marry someone else?"  next bachelor.

I wondered about this too but he doesn't make a very desirable Bachelor is not one but two women seemed very into him and then both women had sex with him and were suddenly not interested anymore. I mean Kaitlyn was all over Nick couldn't get enough then after their sleepover she was kind of dismissive of him. Dude must suck in bed! Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the Bachelor lol

Edited by kira28
  • Love 4

I'm curious how Kaitlyn plays with "Bachelor Nation", or whatever they call the simps who buy into this show on anything above a snark-level.

I am too. After all, she was [sarcastic air-quotes] "chosen by the guys" because of the furious backlash by the #TeamKaitlyn portion of the Internetosphere. I doubt they're just as vocal about #BuyersRemorse.

• Love 5

I am too. After all, she was [sarcastic air-quotes] "chosen by the guys" because of the furious backlash by the #TeamKaitlyn portion of the Internetosphere. I doubt they're just as vocal about #BuyersRemorse.

I wouldn't necessarily call myself part of Bachelor Nation, because I watch with my tongue firmly planted in cheek, but I was Team Kaitlyn, and I surely have a big case of buyers remorse!

• Love 4

I'm curious how Kaitlyn plays with "Bachelor Nation", or whatever they call the simps who buy into this show on anything above a snark-level.  Because it seems to me that she just keeps digging herself a deeper and deeper hole with the way she's treating these guys.

One of my coworkers is a right reasons watcher and she now loathes Kaitlyn so I have a feeling when this is all said and done, Kaitlyn won't have many "fans" left. 

• Love 3
(edited)
I'm curious how Kaitlyn plays with "Bachelor Nation", or whatever they call the simps who buy into this show on anything above a snark-level.  Because it seems to me that she just keeps digging herself a deeper and deeper hole with the way she's treating these guys.

Well from the little of social media I've observed, there is a lot criticism against her and a lot of name-calling. That said, the truly disturbing part for me, is that a lot of the anger isn't so much that she slept with someone pre-FS, but that it was Nick and doing that was very disrespectful to Shawn. Yes, from what I've observed on social media, Shawn is just a very sensitive and emotional guy who clearly just loves Kaitlyn so much that it's overwhelming him and she, being the "slut" that she is (their words, not mine - just making that clear) slept with and basically "cheated" on him with Nick that jerk. Oh and Nick by the way is a "sociopath, creepy, evil, predator (my favorite - apparently he seduced a very unwilling Kaitlyn), etc." To be fair, he does have his defenders and supporters but again if "Bachelor Nation" on social media is anything to go by, Nick will not be the next Bachelor. Could I be wrong - sure anything's possible but I seriously, seriously doubt it. 

I wondered about this too but he doesn't make a very desirable Bachelor is not one but two women seemed very into him and then both women had sex with him and were suddenly not interested anymore. I mean Kaitlyn was all over Nick couldn't get enough then after their sleepover she was kind of dismissive of him. Dude must suck in bed! Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the Bachelor lol

I've seen this many times - if he doesn't get picked when a second woman sleeps with him then clearly he sucks in bed. In my opinion, the proof that Nick doesn't suck in bed is that he keeps getting these women into bed. Clearly the guy knows what he's doing and has some tricks up his sleeve. Not to mention that some mentioned this last season after the ATFR bombshell - that maybe Andi was so unimpressed when they did "fiance type stuff" that's why she picked Josh. Except when Nick met Andi's family, after the F3 and FS, all Andi could gush to her sister about was how passionate things between her and Nick were and she looked and sounded like she was still tingling over whatever happened between them. 

I don't think Nick is some awful lover. I think Nick had two Bachelorette situations where he simply wasn't the lead's first choice. He was good enough and charming enough to distract them enough to make the season not completely a wash and charming enough to get them to still give it up but not enough to completely steer them away from the person who was their first choice from day one (assuming Kaitlyn picks Shawn). Nick's comment about Shawn being treated like he was it and the guys seeming okay with that was interesting because Brian, from Andi's season, or maybe it was Dylan, gave some interview months after stating that most of the guys very early on knew Andi was going to pick Josh. 

Sure I guess in this case, Nick had some pre-season head start with Kailtlyn but as I noted in a previous post, I just think this may have been a case of the fantasy was better than the real thing, on both their parts. I don't really buy Nick being in love and all in with Kaitlyn anymore than her with him. I think they flirted a lot, had a lot of built up sexual tension between them which is likely why the sex happened so fast and then it was pretty much, "okay well that happened but what else is there?"

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8
(edited)

Count me in as another person who thought Shawn seemed okay until this episode, where now I am firmly Team Nick.  Shawn is scary and no redeeming qualities left.  Just a bunch of angst and ew.

Nick looks like a grand prize with Shawn around to make him look better.  Love how incredibly secure Nick is when it comes to the other guys.  He clearly doesn't give a shit and acts it.  I wish I could be so mellow when everyone around me is talking shit.

Why does Ick find it necessary to cover his face and mouth with his hand whenever he talks? Does he think he can avoid the microphones that way? Does he not know about the captioning? He reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry and George were trying to have a private conversation in front of Marlee Matlin.

Having said that, this above was just hysterical.  

Jared was never more attractive to me than this episode.  If we could pretend the show doesn't exist, Kaitlyn and Jared make an adorable couple, and she seemed like a better, sweeter, more fun, more capable version of herself around him.  

Joe creeped me out, sorry, I can't really explain what was going on but the entire thing was weird.  Then again, no idea why K. liked him or kept him around in the first place.

Coming around very strongly on Ben H. and he gets my vote for next Bachelor.

To provide a perspective of someone who's watching her first season, I am enjoying the show and I think Kaitlyn is just fine.  I like how she handled Joe just fine, I liked how she was a regretful mess after she sent Sweet Jared home, I loved how she handled Shawn's stalker tendencies.  

Shawn weird. Kaitlyn boring. Nick odd in some way I can't put my finger on just yet

Sums up everything so perfectly not much else needs to be said

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Bachelor nation will be fine with Kaitlin if she pick Shawn b/c Shawn is a Ryan Glosing look alike Prince. I think that an insult to Ryan Gosling but the people on Twitter are just there for shallow reasons and cheer for the meathead with muscles no matter the personality

• Love 2
(edited)

Bachelor nation will be fine with Kaitlin if she pick Shawn b/c Shawn is a Ryan Glosing look alike Prince. I think that an insult to Ryan Gosling but the people on Twitter are just there for shallow reasons and cheer for the meathead with muscles no matter the personality

I agree- it's an insult to Ryan Gosling. I'm not attracted to RG but I can see the appeal for others. Shawn is not even a busted Ryan Gosling. He is- at best- a busted Alf.

Edited by mingming
  • Love 9
Jared was never more attractive to me than this episode.  If we could pretend the show doesn't exist, Kaitlyn and Jared make an adorable couple, and she seemed like a better, sweeter, more fun, more capable version of herself around him.

I know, right?  Someday, a few years from now, long after her break-up  with either Shawn or Nick, she's going to sit back and watch the show and see the one she let get away while she was enjoying the battle of the alpha dogs.

• Love 7

To provide a perspective of someone who's watching her first season, I am enjoying the show and I think Kaitlyn is just fine.

From the perspective of somebody who has watched every single season since the beginning, please just know that the show you are currently watching is nothing like previous shows in any way except the title.  

• Love 11
I had to rewind and watch Kaitlyn's face when Ben said he just wanted to talk all night.  She was NOT feeling that.

Is it possible she knows she would not be able to carry on any type of conversation for that long?  She doesn't have enough to say?  She can't focus on anything substantive so she moves in for the kisses?  

Jared was never more attractive to me than this episode.

Jared would be a good Bachelor candidate if someone helps clear up his skin and gives him a good haircut...and NO facial hair.  If you know you can't grow anything but a patchy-sorta-beard, go with the clean-cut look.  He's a cute guy who just needs a nudge here and there.

• Love 6

It's funny, because on her dates with Jared, Kaitlyn came across more as the Bachelorette. They were fun and sometimes funny, and seemed to be having a good time together. It was more in line with the typical show. I liked her a lot more when she was on a date with him - probably because there was no drama. They had a good vibe, and I'm not sure why she'd pick Shawn's agnst over that.

Jared offering his coat to her got a collective "aww" in Bachelor Nation, I'm guessing. He left with real class.

• Love 10

Kaitlyn's idea of dating is hook-ups and booty calls.  The idea of dating, daytime, romance, etc is foreign to her. The guys she hangs with are probably all hook-up types..not interested in anything serious, so that's the level where she plays.and doesn't even know any better.

She's a barfly who probably sleeps all day and hooks up with the bros at the bar at night. Just casual hook-ups.. no big deal.  Whoever, whatever, 

Nick doesn't care who else she sleeps with as long as he wins.  um..okay...    Ben is skeeved by the idea of sloppy seconds or thirds.  

At least Shawn seems bothered by it.. maybe he does care a little bit for her..but more now for the ego. I think they talked him into staying.       I hope at the MTA they allow them to spill about how boring ,tedious, depressing  and embarassing  this was for them.

• Love 8

What if this has all been an elaborate fake-out and it has been Ben H all along???? Even Ben H is at home watching this show like "Was I on the same show?"

Did anyone see Nick's boots last night on his one-on-one? His accessories are so girly. 

• Love 2

I read Sharleen Joynt's post about The Sex Talk on Flare and she got it spot on:

However, to make that confession while Nick is still very much in the picture makes very little sense. Firstly, it contradicts her wanting to keep the relationships separate. Secondly, not only is Nick still in the picture, but it’s now Fantasy Suite dates; sex is not an abstract speculation but most likely a sure thing. For Kaitlyn to express guilt over sex with Nick only makes sense if it weren’t going to happen again.

Of course, she puts a disclaimer afterwards that the confession was most probably a producer manipulation.

Did we ever see a morning-after scene before? I only started watching on Brad 2.0, but I don't remember ever seeing one. TPTB isn't even trying to keep the mystery of FS dates anymore, with lights on the background and shadows of the two getting closer, before the lights completely go out. Oh well, Kaitlyn is putting it out there that she had sex so there's no more mystery to keep, I guess. 

This season has been so disjointed. I think I want to go back to the old format of ending the episodes on rose ceremonies. I miss limo crying! I miss hometowns! "That's where i played baseball! This is where I went to school! This is my sweet niece", etc.  I guess I should have taken the "Two Bachelorettes on the First Night" as foreboding of how disastrous this season will be.

• Love 5

I read Sharleen Joynt's post about The Sex Talk on Flare and she got it spot on:

Of course, she puts a disclaimer afterwards that the confession was most probably a producer manipulation.

Did we ever see a morning-after scene before? I only started watching on Brad 2.0, but I don't remember ever seeing one. TPTB isn't even trying to keep the mystery of FS dates anymore, with lights on the background and shadows of the two getting closer, before the lights completely go out. Oh well, Kaitlyn is putting it out there that she had sex so there's no more mystery to keep, I guess. 

This season has been so disjointed. I think I want to go back to the old format of ending the episodes on rose ceremonies. I miss limo crying! I miss hometowns! "That's where i played baseball! This is where I went to school! This is my sweet niece", etc.  I guess I should have taken the "Two Bachelorettes on the First Night" as foreboding of how disastrous this season will be.

The morning after scene was unusual. The only other one we can remember in my household was Andi and JP, where she confronted him about not sharing anything with her besides sex. Before that, I can't remember any.

I'm still confused by the change in moving the hometown dates, and going from six to three. Why was that necessary? Kaitlyn didn't push back and say she wanted more time to figure out who #3 was going to be, so she probably already has decided on Nick and Shawn and #3 and #4 doesn't matter. All I can think is she's really bad at feigning interest in men, and feigning it with their families would be really obvious. And I think the producers didn't want to waste the travel money on her anymore (though if they thought they'd get good footage, they would have done it anyway.)

Speaking of morning-after scenes, I now know why Nick felt the need to showcase a shirtless photo of himself via Twitter on July 2. (What? It was in US magazine too).

He showed a bit of belly paunch while dressing after the FS date - but his self-portrait is infinitely finer. Take that, Shawn.

• Love 1

I have an alternate version of the Kaitlyn/Ben FS discussion:

Kaitlyn:  "So, are you a virgin"?

Ben/PB: "No, why would you think that"?

Kaitlyn:  "Well, Chris Harrison told me to do sex/fiancée stuff with all the remaining guys just to be fair.   You're telling me you don't want to do sex/fiancée stuff right now,  and that time I came to you and Shawn's room to do a  sex/fiancée stuff threesome,  you shyly hid in the bathroom".

Ben/PB:   "Oh that!   Well, that night Shawn, Joe, and me were doing sex/fiancée stuff,  when a producer interrupted us and told us you were on your way up to make us do sex/fiancée stuff  with you.    We drew straws, and Shawn was the loser.   Joe hid in the closet and taped you and Shawn doing sex/fiancée stuff for TMZ, and I took a long, hot shower with Jared.   No, not a virgin".

Kaitlyn:   (Makes pained duckface)  "What about Nick"?

Ben/PB:  "Who"?

Kaitlyn:  "That other Guy".

Ben/PB:  "Oh HIM.   He got a side job as a leprechaun at some local festival" 

• Love 12
(edited)

I'm still confused by the change in moving the hometown dates, and going from six to three. Why was that necessary?

Sharleen speculates it was to punish Kaitlyn for breaking the rules often:

Kaitlyn most definitely snuck out to visit the guys’ room and I love that about her. The most interesting part is that their off-camera time was clearly so developmental that production had no choice but to flesh it out. The real question is, how do you punish Kaitlyn for her disobedience? It’s not like they can fire her mid-season. There’s a lot of grey area as to what is “right” and “wrong,” but there is no doubt Kaitlyn knew what she was doing was (in production’s eyes) “wrong”—just as there is no doubt they were pissed about it. Her entire conversation with Chris Harrison and the change of Hometown plans felt like a giant wrist slap. It’s clear to all that it’s the Shawn-vs-Nick show now, so why waste an episode where we know, without

suspense, who’s going home? Why not cut half the guys now and get down to it?

And I wouldn't have guessed this week's buzz word for the drinking game: "The Other Guy"! To whoever had that, kudos to you. I was banking on "hardest" and "toughest".

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 1
(edited)

I would love to hear show insiders' perspectives on this season's production, behind the scenes, everything. How about a Producers Tell All? haha

I hope the guys get free rein to spill during TMTA, this season has had too many tedious moments as is.

Kaitlyn seems much better suited for BiP's format: hang out drinking and sunning, hook up, and light, witty banter sprinkled with sexy talk.

eta: You guys are making me laugh! Wish the Show was doing the same.

Edited by KR Vermont
  • Love 4

I quit last night's show half-way through because when Kaitlyn speaks, it sounds like she is wearing a retainer coated in peanut butter. Her nasally drone ran my patience out.

Also, to me, the only explanation for these men professing their loves is because of Stockholm Syndrome. Kaitlyn has zero depth. She's cute for sure, but, I think by the time the guys are deprogrammed and watch the show, the Men Tell All should be fascinating.

• Love 1