Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Week 8

• Start Topic

Kaitlyn continues her journey to find love in Killarney, Ireland. One lucky bachelor gets a one-on-one date with Kaitlyn on Innisfallen Island. Later, she takes three suitors to Killarney National Park where one man confesses that he loves her. Before the rose ceremony, the guys try to get some alone time with Kaitlyn, and she begins to doubt her decisions and her relationships.
(edited)

Shawn really is insecure, isn't he? He is not doing himself any favors acting this way. He's scarily posessive. He wouldn't be coming at Nick so hard if he was secure in his relationship with Kaitlyn. This whole season is a trainwreck! Ahhhhh. I love it!

Edited by Jess
  • Love 6
(edited)

Shawn's a downer and a child. He won't even call Nick by his name? Grow up. He's doing a really good job of making Nick look like the mature one of the two (except for the eskimo whatever comment, which...what?).

Oh Jared, what a classy exit! I'm not a regular Bachelor/ette viewer but I will watch The Bachelor if he or Ben H are it.

Edited by purplemouth
  • Love 14

I was team Shawn until tonight.  Needy, ready to fight, likes to cause drama. At first I thought it was respectful that he never said Nick's name.  Now I think it is some weird psychological displacement.  Makes it easier for him to get mad because he cannot see Nick as a person, just as a displaced "guy."

And Kaitlyn unable to hold a decent conversation.  With anyone. I have not seen anything witty, thoughtful, intelligent coming out of her mouth when she is talking to the men.

And the way she handled Joe.  Ouch.  It could have been a softer landing for him but on the other hand, what was he thinking telling someone that he was in love with her when he had met her all of 5 times maybe? Better than to make him go through a rose ceremony but then why not pull Jared aside also ahead of the rose ceremony to not make him stand there, left on his own?

Her talk with Shawn was pitiful.  She made him do all the talking. She needed to address what her feelings were and why she might have let things go "too far" with Nick.

This is a far, far shadow of Trista.

• Love 6

Never thought the day would come that I'd like Nick more than another guy but it has as I can't stand Shawn.   

Thank goodness Ireland is a magical place as I think I would have bailed on the episode half way through, especially after Jared went home and it was time for Nick's fantasy date.  At least this time they didn't grope each other in a church!

• Love 4

I see Shawn's and Kaitlyn's first night at home together (if that's how things turn out) spent with him deleting all of her male friends and exes off of her social media, and putting a halt to any future meetings.   He didn't seem crazy at the first of the season, but he's certainly coming off that way now. 

Then again, not many people are getting a good edit this year.  The Britt/Brady thing got even weirder- they seemed like they could barely wait to get away from each other, and her ITM still had her wearing the stupid hat.  

I'd be fine with Ben H. as the Bachelor- he just doesn't seem to be playing on the same field as anyone else.  His expression when she asked if he was a virgin was priceless.  Jared seemed supremely unsurprised that he was going home. 

• Love 8

I'm going to confine my comments to the superficial and meaningless, as is appropriate to this show. 

Whomever was dressing Kaitlyn for Ireland needs to be fired.  So many grey tops and black pants.  Blah, dreary and boring.  Where was the color? All those dull shades just washed her out.

The locals in the bar were cute.  Nothing like getting a good drunk on in the middle of the afternoon!

I will say the location scouts did an awesome job in coming up with gorgeous places for them to spew out their inane babble.  That museum-jail place was both beautiful and creepy.  Their actual fantasy suite though was kinda meh.

• Love 7

Doesn't Shawn realize that he and Ick are "Eskimo Brothers" since they both banged K? In the same wk which is practically as close as the same nite! Is it because Ick is not a "famous country singer"? What a snob!

• Love 12

Shawn's edit leaves me wondering wtf does Kaitlyn see in this over-serious, possessive lug. She loves humor and pranks, and I'm not seeing that side of him amidst all the whiny angst. And the ridiculous over-use of him saying "the other guy" tonight, along with the other themes regarding his hatred of Nick that play on an endless loop. Enough already.

What an awkward episode. I noticed they aren't using their well-worn sweeping, romantic music that I'd become so sick of in seasons past, ha.

• Love 5
(edited)

Jared and Ben H were my picks from the beginning, and I still would choose them.

For somebody like Kaitlyn who enjoys humor so much, I don't see that Shawn has shown has any.

How convenient for Britt that Brady has to move back home, that's an easy out.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 5

I will say that anybody that says on this show "My biggest fear is coming out of this alone" has no intention of pursuing a marriage-focused relationship.

Her fear is not that she picks the wrong person.  Or that she hurts people.  Or that what she does negatively impacts her family & friends.

Her fear is that at the end, she doesn't have a long-term booty call, until she gets bored and moves on to the next guy.

• Love 7

I thought Kaityn looked gorgeous at the rose ceremony.

Shawn, Shawn, Shawn.... One minute I'm impressed with his ability to handle that news and then the next, total 180! I still think he's a better option than Nick because, I mean, come on! Nick is gross.

So we are left with Peter Brady, Ick and Crazy Eyes. Hmmmmm

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm going to confine my comments to the superficial and meaningless, as is appropriate to this show. 

Whomever was dressing Kaitlyn for Ireland needs to be fired.  So many grey tops and black pants.  Blah, dreary and boring.  Where was the color? All those dull shades just washed her out. 

Shawn's pants in the nighttime part of their date didn't do him any favours either.  When he stormed past her to the bathroom to ease his wounded soul it looked like he was wearing diapers under his dress pants. 

Kaitlyn's eyeshadow was also horrible tonight.  The dark metallic stuff just made her look old, although I'm guessing that she's glad that the makeup artists have moved past that pinky/fuschia type lipstick that all of the girls were wearing on Andi and Chris' seasons. 

Edited by Kimmature
  • Love 2

Jesus, just leave well enough alone.   You told Joe to beat feet, he really didn't care, and you press him to feel bad?   Clearly, the guy wanted to stay on because he discovered the alcohol content in Guinness is higher in Ireland.   She's such a whiny, selfish drip.    So is Shawn.   Nick just looks like he has a case of tonsil stones and  B.O. 

• Love 12
(edited)
At first I thought it was respectful that he never said Nick's name.

Really...I thought it was a classic passive aggressive move from the get go. Shawn's not particularly bright so it wasn't even subtle. It was the classic "you are so insignificant and beneath me that I can't even bother to make the effort to say your name." It's completely childish but whatever, considering Shawn's behavior the last few episodes, that's like the least of his embarrassing behavior. 

He didn't seem crazy at the first of the season, but he's certainly coming off that way now.

lol...this line killed me. Well you know the old saying, that people don't really get to see their partner's true self until maybe six months into the relationship. We all put forth a version of our best selves at the start of a relationship. Unfortunately for Shawn, this show is like a relationship on speed, so the crazy came out a lot quicker than it normally would. 

I am interested to know how the ratings for this season has been and to know if the producers figure this kind of season is a success. I do know Juan Pablo's season had decent ratings and he was a hot mess. The thing is, as much as I am completely cynical about almost all relationships coming out of this franchise, I do watch for the combination of drama, batshit crazy and a decent romance.

Sure it's a romance that likely won't last past six months but it's still nice to see - sort of like a rom-com. I'm not seeing the romance this season and instead this has just devolved into a combination of drama and batshit crazy. We are nearing the end of this thing and I can't say I see a real romance with Kaitlyn and either of these guys and frankly haven't seen much romantic moments in general. 

I see nothing between Kaitlyn and Ben H. and considering how he's come across and the small glimpses of his personality, it's clear, imo, he would not be Kaitlyn's type and her, his. I honestly think Ben H. was one of those cast in case Britt got the vote. Meanwhile, Kaitlyn clearly seems very, very into Shawn and likely will pick him but he's come across these last few episodes as whiny, needy and frankly creepy. So I'm not seeing the romance and love story between them either because these last few episodes have had her constantly crying and on edge when dealing with him because he's constantly whining and bitching about something. And as for Nick and Kaitlyn - I think this was a classic case of the fantasy was better than reality. 

I think they flirted a lot, developed an attraction that was helped by the physical/geographic limitations between them, because it allowed them to build the relationship up even more...sort of an anticipation kind of thing. Then the first chance they had, they had sex and turns out that's all that was between them...just a physical attraction. At least that's what I think anyway.

And I'm not sure if it's a combination of saving face or that's the contract he signed, but I feel like Nick is sticking around, determined to keep playing his role for whatever reason. I don't know, maybe he figured if he did leave right after the sex, people would view it as an "he hit it, then quit it" and hate him even more, especially after his ATFR comment to Andi. So he's forcing himself to feel something that's just not there. Like I said, much as I'm no fan of hers and despite how messy things ended between them, I bought Nick's feelings for Andi and I definitely saw something special in that relationship. I don't see that at all between Nick and Kaitlyn. I feel like he's just going through the motions and spitting lines. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8
(edited)

Shawn, Shawn, Shawn.... One minute I'm impressed with his ability to handle that news and then the next, total 180! I still think he's a better option than Nick because, I mean, come on! Nick is gross.

So we are left with Peter Brady, Ick and Crazy Eyes. Hmmmmm

I've gotta say, even setting aside Shawn's unsavory personality, from a purely physical standpoint, I think he's more ick than Nick.  Ben is the youngest yet most mature (and cutest) of the 3, fo shiz.

Edited by lyric
  • Love 6

Jesus, just leave well enough alone.   You told Joe to beat feet, he really didn't care, and you press him to feel bad?   Clearly, the guy wanted to stay on because he discovered the alcohol content in Guinness is higher in Ireland.   She's such a whiny, selfish drip.    So is Shawn.   Nick just looks like he has a case of tonsil stones and  B.O.

Joe was like, yeah whatever.

LOL @ the observation about Nick.

(edited)

I can't believe the way Kaitlyn reacted when Ben said he wanted to talk to her. Just because he doesn't want to do the deed with her doesn't mean he is a virgin. Ugh. She looked so disappointed. And while Shawn's constantly saying "the other guy" was exhausting, it was a voiceover so I am sure the producers edited it in. He may have said "Nick" but it was probably replaced with "the other guy". And it was such a silly thing to ask to speak with her after she called him for a rose, keeping the other guys waiting while he had his rose. It was just not fair to the other guys. Why is Shawn so possessive? After watching Unreal I think that he is being manipulated to react like this all the time. I think he is not sure because Kaitlyn says one thing and does something else. I see that too and other guys have called her out for it. But he should either leave or suck it up, because his confronting her again and again and again and now going to Nick who really doesn't owe him anything is just too much. It must be producer motivated because he is deep into this and her and is obviously close to a producer and he is using this. This season is so awful and Kailtyn is so so boring. All she can do is prank, she doesn't really have a sense of humor. I mean, she says she is funny and all that but I haven't really seen her being witty, just pulling stupid pranks and stupid dates.

Edited by MasalaCurry
  • Love 7

"Are you a virgin?"  

And from her conversation with Shawn, it seems like the reason for that question was that she didn't intend to waste a FS date on a cherry.

You're like school in the summertime Kaitlyn.  School in the summertime.

As for why Shawn would stay around after finding out Kaitlyn slept with Nick after she told him he was the F1?  Aside from any TPTB-inducements, it might just be a matter of not wanting to "let Nick win". 

• Love 11

"Are you a virgin?" 

And from her conversation with Shawn, it seems like the reason for that question was that she didn't intend to waste a FS date on a cherry.

Is she so desperate to do it that she doesn't want to "waste the FS date"? Would she have kept Joe around instead? Also, did she get 4 FS dates? Ugh this woman is just too much.

• Love 1

Jeez.  After watching that, I just feel scuzzy.  And all I want to do is urge Ben to run the hell away, as far and as fast as he can.  Jared's got to be feeling pretty good right about now.

So much for "trust me", eh, Kaitlyn?

• Love 6
Also, did she get 4 FS dates? Ugh this woman is just too much.

She still got 3.  It's just that they're chopping up the presentation of this season so much it's hard to keep track.

I guess there was a "group date" where she gave out no rose, but also sent Joe home.  Then a one-on-one non-date with Shawn.  Then the bye-Jared RC.  Then they went right into the first FS date (which they apparently did without switching locations).  Presumably next week we'll get the FSs with Shawn and Ben.  But who knows.

Traditionally, the F4 would have gone home for their hometown dates, and then the 3 that survived that week would meet up at the location of the Fantasy Suite dates. Because they went directly to F3 FSs without going through the F4 hometown dates, they apparently didn't go to the typical exotic locale for the FSs.

I think that, along with everything else we've seen, suggests that something went really wrong with this season to cause them to change the schedule so radically.

• Love 8

Katlyin does not do a good job on the group dates. Nick, Joe and Shawn were supposed to go out on a date, and ended up freezing on a bench, then Nick was sent home so she could have a private date with Shawn. I don't care for Shawn or Nick, but she is being rude to both of them. She keeps telling Shawn she was mistaken in telling him he was "the one", and she tells Nick she was mistaken in sleeping with him. I'm surprised these guys are still there. 

I was also shocked that she sent home Jared and kept Ben H. I think Ben H is cute and  seems like a classy guy, but I haven't seen any spark between him and Kaitlyn. WIth Jared she had a few romantic dates (and he made me like him with how sweet her was at the end). Joe was never going to get any farther, but why did she insist on him saying he was in love with her if she felt nothing for him. That's what the rose ceremony is for. In some cases, it makes it easier on the guy/girl to be let go privately, but in this case having Joe have no idea where to go or what to do was just embarrassing.

I continue to wonder if Nick really cares about her or what his deal is. It's hard to believe that the same person who fell in love with Andi would also fall in love with Kaitlyn. And his catty comments about Shawn just proves that men are just as gossipy as women. 

• Love 9

Ugh this show is just dragging on & on. Have they added an extra 5-6 weeks to torture us? That's what it feels like. I don't like anyone anymore. When Kait spilled all I was urging Shawn to throw his drink & storm out yelling he was done. For this to be the most dramatic season ever it feels blah & quiet to me.

• Love 5

I will say that anybody that says on this show "My biggest fear is coming out of this alone" has no intention of pursuing a marriage-focused relationship.

Her fear is not that she picks the wrong person.  Or that she hurts people.  Or that what she does negatively impacts her family & friends.

Her fear is that at the end, she doesn't have a long-term booty call, until she gets bored and moves on to the next guy.

Exactly. She's self centered and in his own way, Shawn is too with his insecurities and complete lack of humor (and, really, a grown man who won't use another man's name because he's jealous of him? Is Shawn 12?)  I like Nick and think he seems too good for her (as do Jared and Ben H. I never really felt that Joe was doing more than going through the motions for a free trip, so was surprised by him tonight.)

Kaitlyn + Shawn is okay as its two people that don't interest me and seem kind of boring and dumb (him even more than her) hooking up. (No way they will ever be "married").

• Love 2

I did get a chuckle out of Shawn's VO supposedly from the restaurant rest room, after he learned that Kaitlyn had sex with Nick: "I'm so tense I can't even piss." Shawn is shown as perpetually tense and brooding, though. Is he watching the show?

• Love 7

Why does Ick find it necessary to cover his face and mouth with his hand whenever he talks? Does he think he can avoid the microphones that way? Does he not know about the captioning? He reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry and George were trying to have a private conversation in front of Marlee Matlin.

• Love 13

Joe trying to kiss Kailyn while Kaitlyn was ducking her forehead to avoid lip contact was cringeworthy. Joe was a little slow on the uptake there. He needs to learn how to read body language, especially when he is about to declare his love for someone.

For the last 3-4 episodes, how much of the time has Kailtyn looked happy or sad? 10% of the time happy, 90% sad? It might even be more extreme than that estimate. The average funeral is more upbeat than this show has been lately.

• Love 4

Declarations of love for Kaitlyn and endorsements of how fabulous she is ring hollow when we're shown little/no development of such connections.

Joe's scene with her on the bench up to and including his being left momentarily hanging as to should he stay or exit was so weird.

Ben H's reaction shot to her asking if he's a virgin was hilarious. It never crossed my mind that he might be a virgin, heh.

• Love 5

do all of these guys live in towns where women are scarce?  

Because, except for Shawn, I feel like any of these guys, if they met Kaitlyn at a party or a bar, would pass her by in favor of another girl. 

If she wasn't named "the Bachelorette" I don't think these guys would compete for her, chase after her, or stop drinking their beer long enough to give her a second glance. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Shawn weird. Kaitlyn boring. Nick odd in some way I can't put my finger on just yet--sorry, my first ep of the season--and likely last until the final 2 (minutes). Ben has so many track coaches here I hope he does run for his life--although it seems likely Kaitlyn will give him his non-psycho walking papers next. ETA: Funniest thing for me was the torture cell at their faux dream date hangout--meta!

Edited by buttersister
  • Love 4

Shawn blaming Nick for getting in the way of his being Kaitlyn's "it", when she's the one keeping Nick around by, you know, giving him a rose every time. Despite his protestations to her of Nick's true intent of being there, etc.

• Love 9

Weird editing -   After Shawn comes back to the other guys, after Kaitlyn tells him about Nick.   He walks in, BIG grin on his face, shakes hands with Jared.  Shakes hands with Nick, though Nick is off-camera so maybe it's a camera trick.   nick is sitting , has his hand covering his mouth and half his face. "how's it going?  How was your night?" - these words are supposed to be coming out of Nick's mouth, but if you look, not a muscle in his face moves.  The camera wants us to think Nick asked this, but there's no way he said anything when they showed him asking Shawn about his night.

Yeah, something happened which screwed things up, and some re-editing was done to tell the story they decided on telling.

• Love 7

Shawn gives me the future abuser vibe.  He stands around stewing with his hands clenched, red faced. We call it simmering. Usually a sign of an abuser. And he is sending all the signals. Kaitlyn, run far away from him.  

Kaitlyn seems to be just be looking for a good time, in which case she and Nick are a good match.  She did seem to have fun with Jared.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm remembering the seasons where "not getting along with others in the house" was supposed to be a red flag. I didn't think so about most of those people, but the -irrational- anger and jealousy that Shawn brings to his feelings about Nick are totally red flags to me.

Nick seems nice and reasonable and I liked what he told Kaitlyn about not wanting to judge and giving the benefit of the doubt. I can't blame him for disliking the vibe Shawn gives off toward him--and his completely ridiculous gossip about "the previous season" (which he obviously didn't see".  Or how he's upset because he doesn't believe Nick is "there for Kaitlyn"... only why is he jealous then? What is Nick's secret agenda? "To redeem himself from last seasn". lol. Shawn doesn't know what that means, obviously, or why he should care about it.

He went into "creepy" -ville tonight. I wouldn't have given him a rose, I would have asked security to be nearby and showed him the door. Jared, Ben H, and Nick all seem respectful and sane. Shawn? Not so much.

As for Kaitlyn, it seemed so weird the way she told Shawn about having sex with Nick. I thought his question, "Do you regret it?" was a good one (because, seriously, what was her point in telling him?) Basically she was like, "No. But I do regret sleeping with you and telling you you were 'the one' so early on."

Honestly, I'm sure it was confusing, but he really should have left.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 5

These people are so boring! They keep teasing all this drama, but it's not interesting drama at all. It's dull conversations and sad looking out windows and OMG JUST STOP.

This show has turned into something boring and dull. What happened to funny scenes post-episode? What happened to damn rose ceremonies ending the episode? Tropical vacations? (We have gotten so screwed on the travel porn this season ...)

What a horrible season. I hope they pick a new Bachelor who is not from this awful season.

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh, Kaitlyn… All your angst over having to tell Shawn about you sleeping with Nick, all that drama… could so easily have been avoided if you’d just said goodnight to him after the one on one! This is why it’s not a great idea to jump into bed at the first urge — when you’re dating other guys on a reality show! LOL.

Her kicking off Joe was so confusing. I didn’t hear her say the usual “I have to send you home,” so wasn’t sure if she was sending him home, and he wasn’t either! He asked “What do I do now?” because he honestly didn’t know. Silly woman, just be CLEAR and tell him! So poorly done.

Same with talking to Shawn. She never really explained why she was telling him about sleeping with Nick, and he even came back and asked why she had told him. She is a really awful communicator. She repeats the same phrase over and over, and waits for the guy to say something, and he's stuck guessing at what she means and awkwardly trying to fill in the blanks.

Shawn used to be OK, but he has completely veered into pathetic territory. Huge alarm bells with that one. Way too possessive this early. Shawn going to The Other Guy's room and throwing a fit was so pathetic. I was on Nick's side there. What was the point of that? (I hope the producers, and not the hotel, gave Shawn Nick's room number, because that's not considered good hotel practice.)

As for "That Other Guy" — I just can’t believe his sincerity, no matter how much he moves his lips and sound comes out. He’s there for the exposure, or redemption. Kaitlyn is a means to an end.

LOL at the total LACK of suspense about whether Kaitlyn would sleep with Nick in the fantasy suite! There's a first time for everything on this show.

Jared was adorbs, and very sweet. I could get behind a Jared season, or a Ben season.

I can't believe the way Kaitlyn reacted when Ben said he wanted to talk to her. Just because he doesn't want to do the deed with her doesn't mean he is a virgin. Ugh.

For real! That was such a bizarre assumption to make. Maybe he just doesn't feel he knows you well enough yet to be that "intimate."

I was really confused when the show didn't end after the rose ceremony and the first fantasy date was in Ireland! What, no tropical setting? What's going on with this show?! I really want to know why and how it went off the rails.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 11

I hope the producers, and not the hotel, gave Shawn Nick's room number, because that's not considered good hotel practice.

Absolutely. The management of that hotel must be livid to be portrayed as if they give guests' room numbers to anyone who asks. 

When Kaitlyn gave the last rose to Nick, poor Jared looked like a puppy that had been kicked. I still don't find him attractive, but I wanted to give him a big-sisterly hug when he stood there looking so sad.

Kaitlyn to Shawn: "I regret telling you that you're the one and I want to sleep with some of the other men. So trust me." Yeah, OK. It's hard to sympathize with Shawn though, who keeps stalking people to their hotel rooms. Seriously, if this were a real-life situation, somebody would have called the police by now.

Kaitlyn's reaction to Ben's eloquent explanation of why he'd rather not rush into sex: "What kind of guy doesn't want to bone when given the chance? Dude must be a virgin." Ben's WTF face was priceless though.

Kaitlyn after talking to the - English speaking - locals in the pub: "Irish is still English." NO, IT'S NOT!!! Has she not noticed that all the official signs and building plaques are in two languages, one of which is NOT English?

• Love 12

Maybe Kaitlyn wonder if Ben H was a virgin since there were a few last season with Chris Soules. She knows the producers like to cast virgins on the show. 

I find the drama not fun to watch. 

Usually they go from 6 to 4 (one episode) to 4 to 3 (one episode) to 3 to 2. This time they were down to five this week and from 5 to 3. 

Ben H is my prediction for the next Bachelor. 

(edited)
Shawn blaming Nick for getting in the way of his being Kaitlyn's "it", when she's the one keeping Nick around by, you know, giving him a rose every time. Despite his protestations to her of Nick's true intent of being there, etc.

It really is ridiculous - as douchy as Ian was in his exit, one thing I appreciated was when he mentioned to Kaitlyn about her bringing Nick onto the show and he stated that he didn't question Nick's motives, he questioned hers. Because she's the lead and she's the one making all these decisions. Shawn wants to hate Nick and act like some petty five year old refusing to even say Nick's name when Kaitlyn is the one who decided to bring Nick on despite the feelings of so many of the guys.

Then as you noted, she keeps giving him roses and keeping him around but more importantly, SHE asked him back to her room, SHE then asked him into the bedroom and far as I can tell more than willingly gave up the goodies to him. She can cry about the timing not being right and regretting that but girl wanted some Nick action and got it. So Shawn needs to take several seats with his whiny bullshit. 

But as I said, this is one of the many reasons I hated Nick returning to this show because this feels a little like deja vu. Though I will say to these guys' credit, only Shawn seemed so obsessed with Nick. But it was the same with Andi's season - Andi gave Nick plenty of alone time, kept giving him roses, accepting his advances and yet the guys all hated him and acted like he was so awful, ignoring that as the lead Andi was in some way encouraging it. This is the same with Kaitlyn. Girl already knew the guys were upset at Nick simply being there and what does she do, first time they spend alone time together she smashes him. And yet Shawn wants to go red faced incredible hulk on Nick. Boy please...

Same with talking to Shawn. She never really explained why she was telling him about sleeping with Nick, and he even came back and asked why she had told him.

Best I can guess is that she already knows she's picking him and figured it was fair to let him know all the facts before he possibly proposes at the Final Rose ceremony and maybe learns about the sex while the season was airing. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

I can't believe they showed Britt and Brady at the end.  Clearly they are not together.  This is obvious in the way they talk to each other.  And he seems weirder and weirder each time we see him.  I know Kaitlyn's season has been a bit of a mess, but every time they show Britt I am still relieved Kaitlyn got the gig.  

• Love 12

I really had to laugh after Shawn got back from his one on one time and everyone was talking about the lack of a rose.  And what a pissing contest it turned into.  Shawn:  "Well I feel really good because we had a GREAT time, we had a GREAT conversation, so I feel good."  Nick:  "Yeah, I totally understand, we had a GREAT TIME also, great conversation, I feel confident."  Both of them back and forth, I had a great time, NO I HAD A GREATER TIME!  So stupid.

I felt bad for Joe because I honestly think he just didn't know what was supposed to happen next.  I don't think he knew if he was off the show right at that moment, or she was just giving him some info and he would be eliminated at the rose ceremony.  Didn't he even say something like "I don't know what to do"?  I think he was legitimately confused.  Why couldn't she have specifically said, I'm not in love with you so I'm going to let you go right here instead of at the rose ceremony.  Unless she said that and I missed it but it seemed to me like she just sat there while he said "I could see myself with you for the next 60 years" and she said "ehh I'm not there right now."  Who the fuck would know that meant "get the fuck out right now"?

• Love 10

It would be interesting to have the B'ette, on the second episode, take each bachelor aside and tell him he was going home, "Because our relationship is not moving as fast as some others."  Later she could tell them she was just kidding, but by then we would have found out so much, they would have revealed themselves as:

"But my resume!" men: : All the Ian types who can't get over their great credentials, be they Princeton graduates or almost-pro-sports dudes.

Crybabies:  You know who you are, cupcakes.

Ego without reason, guys: There are so many of these guys, like Joe, who tell the girl who is dodging his kisses that he's in love with her and then when she responds with a sad rueful grimace, says "No really!  You can believe it!  When I say I love someone, I really mean it!  I know you never thought you could win my love, but you have! Really!"  These guys are always angry and incredulous when they finally figure out they're being cut.

Cavemen: The Shawns that took mental possession right out of the limo and are itching to beat up all "those other guys."

Whatevers:  The ones who breeze out because they were only there to be on TV and didn't quite catch the Bachelorette's name yet.

Gentlemen:  The Jareds who try to make the girl who's rejecting them feel better.

This little test would save so much time if the B'ette had enough brains to know what to do with it..  She might just think everyone but the caveman was a virgin.

• Love 11
(edited)

'The Bachelor' and 'The Bachelorette' need Super Bowl-style Roman numerals as well as subtitles/taglines.

This season I suggest 'The Bachelorette XII:  The Woman In Black.'  This allegedly young, allegedly vibrant, allegedly free-spirited, alleged dancer has worn more black than a Sicilian widow or even Stevie Nicks.  Rather than strutting into the room in some eye-catching color or pattern, she is more like the Angel of Death approaching in her ebony shrouds with personality to match.

Kaitlyn's choice?  The wardrobe department's choice?  In either case the dark color matches the dark mood of the Bachelorette this year especially the longer they remain in Ireland where the weather is rarely uplifting.  The finalists are quite different to each other but their common trait is that they still are convinced the weepy, mopey, indecisive, chronically sleep-deprived Kaitlyn is somehow worth the effort.

Nick is the archetype of the 21st Century selfie boyfriend - merely there to be the party of the second part in the iPhone camera frame and to post nice emojis about the female in tribute.  He's about as threatening as a bowl of oatmeal, as masculine as a gingham dress.  He is another example of the producers panicking and subverting their own selection process before and during the season.  Apparently Fleiss, Harrison & Co. have had their irony genes removed.  They slipstream Nick into front-runner status and, five minutes later, advertise casting calls in various cities.  Even if you're the perfect Bachelor(ette) candidate are you going to waste time showing up and going through the laborious vetting process only to be gazumped by a hand-picked ringer?  Nick offends any male's sense of fair play, especially the Bachelors who must sit around for long hours watching the deck repeatedly stacked against them.

PS - you're eating a meal, even if it's breakfast and even if it's in your hotel room.  Put your damned shirt on.

Which brings us to Shawn.  He's falling into the unfortunate hangdog, pouty 'you don't spend enough time with me' routine complete with long uncomfortable silences.  It's a pattern we've seen more often on The Bachelor and the whining girl in question is unwittingly punching her ticket home.  The sales job takes a lot of effort over the season and many simply run out of energy.   Shawn has a somewhat legitimate gripe about the Nick Project and to his credit he is confronting Nick directly rather than complain to the Bachelorette, to the cameras, or to any remaining Bachelors.  Without the cameras and staff present he would probably tear Nick limb from limb.  Nick is well aware of this and is grateful for the cameras and staff as he displays his usual combination of smugness and nerves in the presence of red-blooded males.

Ben H remains mostly a cipher and is viewed as the safe option by all, possibly including himself.  The complicated-but-not-in-an-alluring-way Kaitlyn has admitted more than once that the nice, straightforward guys have everything she claims to want but she finds she isn't interested.  If he doesn't make the F2 then I agree he is a strong candidate for the next Bachelor since he offers a baby face and the aforementioned nonthreatening demeanor that will elicit the squeals and claps from the studio audience acting as proxy for potential contestants.  Of course, the studio audience helped foist Chris Soules and Juan Pablo on us so their judgment is suspect at best.

In interview after interview with actresses, models and women-in-the-street the eternal question is:  'What's the best way for a guy to approach you?'

In interview after interview with actresses, models and women-in-the-street the eternal answer is:  'Make me laugh.'

So why don't they?  Even the Bachelors and Bachelorettes who have an innate or learned ability to make small talk in the early going seem to forget their sense of humor in the later stages.  But, as we've seen, those couples who seem to break into smiles and spontaneous laughter are dead giveaways as to the winner (e.g. Sean-Catherine).  The intense, lustful stare (AshLee) is what the producers want for lingering camera shots but simply being fun to be around is a) something that can't be faked or scripted and b) 1,000 times more effective than stilted soap-opera declarations of 'I'm falling in love with you.'

Since 'The Woman In Black' is already taken as a title of a play and a film, perhaps the subtitle should be changed to 'Hobson's Choice' i.e. no choice at all.  After a bit of a surprise win over Britt, Kaitlyn has made some odd and/or poor decisions and the F3 reflect those decisions perfectly.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 13

Jared was lucky, Ben should've ran out the door behind him

Ha ha. Yes! He should have.

Kaitlyn is looking pretty stupid. none of these guys are into her. I mean she was spending all this one on one time with Jared. He's had what three or four one on one dates (he got to ride in the car with her while the guys had to take that bus)  and yet he is not surprised at all when she lets him go.  I don't think Joe was in love with her. He seemed bored as hell around  her. I think the producers told him (I watch too much Unreal) to confess his love to her and if he sold it he would have a shot at being the next Bachelor or something.  Because he acted like he didn't even want to talk to her and then bam he tells her he loves her. Was so uncomfortable to watch. She was so dismissive of him. I'm glad he left the way he did. He acted like he didn't give a shit about Kaitlyn. He wasn't the slightest bit upset. Kait wanted some tears, something to make her seem desirable and good for Joe for not giving her anything. He was probably happy to go home. Maybe he threw the I love you out there because he hoped it would earn him a chance to bang Kaitlyn in the fantasy suite. But he didn't even seem disappointed he didn't get that chance.

So she tells Shawn that she hopes he sees how much she values their relationship (or something along those lines) right after she tells him she had sex with Nick. Um yeah Shawn she DOESN'T value your relationship!!! She just banged another guy before the fantasy suite and right after she told you that you were the one! And she's not even sorry about it. She just feels bad (for herself!) that she has to tell you about it.  Shawn is creepy and possessive but Kaitlynn really needs to grow up and behave responsibly. Don't tell a guy you love him and then go get naked with another guy (especially the one guy that Shawn hates) like a day later. 

Kaitlyn is so boring and such a downer. She and Shawn were smiling and laughing and I saw actual chemistry there. He was having a good time and then BAM she brings the whole mood down by dropping the bomb about Nick. Every single date (Unless the guys were beating the shit out of eachother) the atmosphere is so tense and the guys are on edge. This is not fun for them and its certainly not fun to watch. She had to be so pissy about that last group date rose. Just freaking hand it out. but no she doesn't feel like it. No wonder the guys were bailing left and right and Jared and Joe seemed to care less  that they were dismissed. Poor Ben H probably wanted to make sure America knew he wasn't interested in sleeping with Kaitlyn and that's why he threw the "so we can talk all night" thing out there. Gross that Kaitlyn's first reaction was that since he wanted to talk and actually maybe get to know her better that he MUST be a virgin. Sorry chickie you aren't that hot that every man is itching to get in your pants. Especially after they know several others have already been there. God forbid someone wants to talk to her.

• Love 16