Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Bottom left is Ben Higgin's F1 Lauren (I forgot her last name. She's now married to a musician and I believe pregnant.)

No, bottom left is Bri Barnes from Colton's season. She did a fake Australian accent as her limo exit shtick.

On 3/19/2021 at 2:35 PM, ECM1231 said:

So this year's Bachelor in Paradise show will air sometime in late Summer after Katie's season of The Bachelorette finished airing.. They have already cast their 1st male participant...Long Island's own, Dr. Joe Park. As happy as I will be to see Dr. Joe on my screen again, I was holding out hope that he would be in the running for the 1st Asian-American Bachelor. 

https://stylecaster.com/bachelor-in-paradise-2021/?utm_source=hsrd.yahoo.com&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=feed

This could be a way to raise his profile.  Looking it up, it seems he went out 14th in Tayshia's season. Katie went out 11th but she had more camera time than Joe did.  

Then again, it's probably easier for him to get away for however many weeks BIP films compared to The Bachelor. 

3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Chris Harrison has hired an attorney and is thinking of taking legal action against the franchise.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chris-harrison-might-taking-legal-165555453.html

Well that's a look. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I actually think it would be HIL.AR.I.OUS for Chris to rake in a bundle of settlement cash from ABC and/or the franchise for some breach of his hosting & producing contract with them.  

Networks usually deserve the bad rep they get as bloodthirsty and money grubbing scumbags.  Except maybe Animal Planet.  I like to think they're all nice people over there.  *LOL*

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Well with Chris hiring a lawyer I think we can safely say he is done with the franchise. That is relationship-ended move.

I've seen worse that ended up in reconciliation so you never know.  Plus, I think this is a CYA move to make sure another cycle isn't "taken" from him. 

9 hours ago, leighdear said:

I actually think it would be HIL.AR.I.OUS for Chris to rake in a bundle of settlement cash from ABC and/or the franchise for some breach of his hosting & producing contract with them.

The network likely has some kind of moral turpitude clause.  The writeup makes it sound like he's going to do some sort of extortion "I'll tell your secrets" kind of thing to try and eke out a settlement.

• Love 5

I'd love a tell-all, but I'm sure CH's lawyers will negotiate a hefty settlement that will be contingent upon his continued non-disclosure. Either way, I'm glad CH isn't just going away quietly.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 10
On 3/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, ECM1231 said:

Bottom left is Ben Higgin's F1 Lauren (I forgot her last name. She's now married to a musician and I believe pregnant.)

Are you sure?  I'd swear that was Bri from Colton's season -- the one who faked an Australian accent then made Ol' Matt Donald look stupid on BiP.

But I would not put money on it 🙂

1 hour ago, phlebas said:

Are you sure?  I'd swear that was Bri from Colton's season -- the one who faked an Australian accent then made Ol' Matt Donald look stupid on BiP.

But I would not put money on it 🙂

I have already been corrected by chocolatine, @phlebas. Look just a few posts up.

On 3/22/2021 at 4:59 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

If he can exact a pound of flesh from the man behind the curtain, I’m all for it 

But Harrison IS one of the men behind the curtain.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 3/22/2021 at 2:32 PM, oakville said:

I would be sad if Chris Harrison was no longer the host of the Bachelor. 

Not me.  Definitely!   I rarely watch it, but got sucked in this year by both Bachelorette and Bachelor.  Never again.

On 3/22/2021 at 2:32 PM, oakville said:

I think he does a good job of trying to make a ridiculous concept seem relatively normal.

I might have agreed with this in the early 2000s, after there had been 3-4 seasons.  Chris seemed enthusiastic--even charming.  He was given more and more responsibility and then executive producer control over the show.  As his power (aka EGO) grew, that "ridiculous concept," was insidious.  For me, he lost all charm (remember him on HGTV?) for me years ago, and that was merely watching irregularly -- very irregularly.

• Love 2
On 4/2/2021 at 5:02 PM, Koalagirl said:

Strange but I don't remember Dustin at all and supposedly he and Pilot Pete are besties.  Also, I think there is an error as they listed Pete's age as 26 and I know for sure that isn't true. They said Dustin was 32, which seems more like Pete's age, so maybe they mixed up the two.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

I don't know about "awful." Sounds like Rachael thought they were back together and exclusive, and for Matt it was a more casual, "come out to visit and let's see where this goes" type of thing. Happens to millions of people.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I don't know about "awful." Sounds like Rachael thought they were back together and exclusive, and for Matt it was a more casual, "come out to visit and let's see where this goes" type of thing. Happens to millions of people.

I guess you could read it that way.  To me, it's clear he was allowing Rachael to believe what he told her so he had someone else to sex up.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, phlebas said:

I guess you could read it that way.  To me, it's clear he was allowing Rachael to believe what he told her so he had someone else to sex up.

Says Rachael.  People articles usually take the POV of the person/camp leaking to them.  Still, it's all very messy that their relationship continued after it was apparently ovah.

• Love 3

Former Bachelor Colton Underwood came out as gay in a taped interview with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America this morning

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Former Bachelor Colton Underwood came out as gay in a taped interview with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America this morning

It’s sad that he still seemed so nervous and seemed like he still internalized it as a “bad” thing. I was hoping he’d embrace it more. I mean, maybe Colton would never be able to have a full-blown Lil Nas X coming out, but at least have some happiness and confidence that he could finally be himself. It was sad that his religious and athletic upbringing really did a number on him that made him feel ashamed—and even admitted to being suicidal. During his show, it was apparent to most of us that he was struggling with his sexuality—the way he was going on about how “football” didn’t let him be himself, as a reasoning for why he was a virgin. I hope that he was just nervous from the interview and saying it out loud, and once he sees that “Bachelor Nation” supports him, he’ll be content with himself. (I’m more concerned about the reports that Cassie needed to get a restraining order after their break up.) At any rate, wouldn’t be surprised if Bachelor continued to try to rehab their image of inclusivity by maybe making Colton the first gay Bachelor.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

(I’m more concerned about the reports that Cassie needed to get a restraining order after their break up.) 

I agree with Jene4’s comment, but I wanted to address this one sentence.  Isn’t Cassie’s family very religious?   Could she/they have used that to distance themselves if they saw this revaluation coming?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Bless his heart! 

I thought he was boring AF and bypassed his season, but I say GOOD FOR HIM!  He seemed like a sweet guy, even when he was doing his scary, stalker stuff, but he must have been so freaked out about everything and wanted to be the guy people thought he was.  

Always be yourself!  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I thought he was boring AF and bypassed his season, but I say GOOD FOR HIM!  He seemed like a sweet guy, even when he was doing his scary, stalker stuff, but he must have been so freaked out about everything and wanted to be the guy people thought he was.  

I'm happy for him that he's finally found the courage to come out, but nothing excuses the stalking and he needs to take full responsibility for that. I haven't seen the interview yet - did Robin mention the stalking at all?

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Bless his heart! 

Always be yourself!  

His season was hilarious and full of drama... but, I remember Tayshia being really annoyed after Fantasy Suites... so wonder if she sussed/ or was told something then? She really took on a motherly role when it came to the break up. Either way, I hope he feels loved and comfortable with his identity. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
Quoted something by mistake
  • Love 4

I don't even watch The Bachelor but is this a surprise? I seem to recall there had been gossip about him when he was on his season so I came here to see what fans of the show were saying. I honestly can't remember where I got the idea that he may have been uninterested in finding a wife.

• Love 5

I hope Colton finds the right balance in his life. Don't we all want that!

And I hope this doesn't perpetuate the myth that, just because a guy doesn't want to pork any woman with a pulse, that means he is gay.

• Love 14

Colton using football as an excuse for being a virgin never made any sense, but the fixation on Cassie made me wonder if maybe he had a low sex drive in general, before meeting her. Now I wonder if he got obsessive because he thought she was the key to "fixing" his sexuality, somehow, but in the long run it still wasn't working and he wasn't any less gay despite all his efforts. And there may have been some self-loathing that he took out on her, once she ended things. None of that is an excuse for stalking, though.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I agree with Jene4’s comment, but I wanted to address this one sentence.  Isn’t Cassie’s family very religious?   Could she/they have used that to distance themselves if they saw this revaluation coming?

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I'm happy for him that he's finally found the courage to come out, but nothing excuses the stalking and he needs to take full responsibility for that. I haven't seen the interview yet - did Robin mention the stalking at all?

8 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Colton using football as an excuse for being a virgin never made any sense, but the fixation on Cassie made me wonder if maybe he had a low sex drive in general, before meeting her. Now I wonder if he got obsessive because he thought she was the key to "fixing" his sexuality, somehow, but in the long run it still wasn't working and he wasn't any less gay despite all his efforts. And there may have been some self-loathing that he took out on her, once she ended things. None of that is an excuse for stalking, though.

Robin mentioned the restraining order and Colton apologized. But it was a brief mention, and they didn’t get into it—at least in the first part I saw. There was to be a second part of the interview later on GMA that I didn’t see. All definitely good points on the timing. He said that he came to terms with being gay “this year.” (Though he’s been in denial and “knew he was different” mentioning both age 6 and high school.) Not sure whether he meant calendar year, or this entire pandemic year. As he did have COVID very early on and quarantined with Cassie’s family before the  break up and stalking, seemingly soon after his recovery. He also said that when he was cast as Bachelor it was an answer to his prayers that he would be “cured” of being gay. So, definitely seems like he was expecting Cassie to “change” him—and MAYBE she knew?? Though, it seems like she did not, and he only JUST started coming out to family and close friends. Presumably Cassie did not know an entire year ago—or like early last summer or whenever they broke up.

• Love 5

Unpopular opinion, but I really don't like that he pursued fame as "The Bachelor" despite his sexual orientation.  If he believed that he was gay at the time and was struggling with it, why appear on a national show that millions watch promoting himself as something he wasn't?  If he wanted to 'be straight' while figuring everything out, then do so in private.  So, it took a season of The Bachelorette, a season of Bachelor in Paradise, his own season as The Bachelor, and many media opportunities before he decided to come out and immediately have his own series on Netflick?  Still sounds like he is courting fame over anything else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I hope Colton finds the right balance in his life. Don't we all want that!

And I hope this doesn't perpetuate the myth that, just because a guy doesn't want to pork any woman with a pulse, that means he is gay.

This was my thought as well. That some assholes will come thinking this supports their ignorant belief that any man who chooses to wait to have sex must really be gay. When there are so many men who  make this choice and are most certainly not gay.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I don't even watch The Bachelor but is this a surprise? I seem to recall there had been gossip about him when he was on his season so I came here to see what fans of the show were saying. I honestly can't remember where I got the idea that he may have been uninterested in finding a wife.

The homosexuality admission is a bit surprising. 

That he didn't actually want a wife?  150% NOT surprising.  Most of them don't.  They just participate for the money, the travel, the attention, the sex, the followers, the sponsorships, etc....

• Love 9