Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Laurie4H said:

Is Rachael really considered racist because she dressed in an Antebellum costume?  My friend dressed up as Scarlett O’Hara in the 90’s in HS.  Would that be considered racist then?  Would it now?   

Hoop skirts and the the dresses associated were worn all over the US, even in places that did not support slavery.   But when that "costume" is put on in an attempt to celebrate and reference the plantation life of the old South, places dependent on slave labor, then yes.  That's very racist. Especially if there is not a single African American woman or man involved in this "celebration". Because to participate in that lifestyle, the ONLY choice they would have would to dress up as a male slave or a female slave. 

This is what we know and understand now.  What we have come to realize.  And it's bad.  But 25 years ago was still 1996.  In the 90's, we knew racism was bad.  We knew it in the 80's too, and the 70's.  

In my opinion, using the clothing and styles of any repressed group or culture as a costuming opportunity, including those that oppressed them, is going to be misconstrued, moving forward.  There will be no upside.  People need to stick with make-believe or neutral characters.  Snow White is fine.  Hitler is not. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 14

completely ridiculous that Harrison has to sit out the season.  If I had a dollar for every time I was offended or someone offended me I’d have a lot cash.  Just like the women rolling around on the floor at the Grammy’s- have they no self worth ?  But a show host that been on a show for  20 years  apologizes but loses his job for a season.  So over  this cancel culture.  Kaitlin and Taysha are fine ( I’d actually hoped it would be taysha if Harrison had to sit out). I’d have even taken jojo or Hannah just not Rachel L.  She’s made enough money off this franchise that she seems to always want to bring down.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Hoop skirts and the the dresses associated were worn all over the US, even in places that did not support slavery.   But when that "costume" is put on in an attempt to celebrate and reference the plantation life of the old South, places dependent on slave labor, then yes.  That's very racist. Especially if there is not a single African American woman or man involved in this "celebration". Because to participate in that lifestyle, the ONLY choice they would have would to dress up as a male slave or a female slave. 

This is what we know and understand now.  What we have come to realize.  And it's bad.  But 25 years ago was still 1996.  In the 90's, we knew racism was bad.  We knew it in the 80's too, and the 70's.  

In my opinion, using the clothing and styles of any repressed group or culture as a costuming opportunity, including those that oppressed them, is going to be misconstrued, moving forward.  There will be no upside.  People need to stick with make-believe or neutral characters.  Snow White is fine.  Hitler is not. 

I think the above is spot on. I personally feel that a lot of people get hung up on the word “racism” or “racist” and forget to think about the levels. It’s not always “So and so must be in the KKK and the most racist person that ever lived.” Sometimes it’s about analyzing the prejudices, biases (unconscious or otherwise), stereotypes we hold without realizing why they’re stereotypes or detrimental, acknowledging privilege, the context within which certain actions were appropriate and why they shouldn’t be glorified. There are so many layers and because people don’t realize all of that there’s this jump to getting defensive because any calling out of wrongful actions gets met with “this isn’t the most racist thing so why is it such a big deal.” As an Afro-Latina I have done and said things that were offensive and myself have had to analyze where that came from and learn. But I wouldn’t have ever gotten there if everyone let it slide and didn’t hold me accountable. 

It’s like someone articulate similar lines of reasons within sexual harassment. Simply because rape doesn’t occur doesn’t mean that treating someone differently because of their sex isn’t wrong. People should be held accountable. Do I think that Chris H. is the most racist person ever in 2021 because of his actions? No. Do I think that he should be held more accountable then getting a timeout for just a few weeks before business as usual? Yes. Is he likely the only issue with the Bachelor production?  Probably not but as the face of the show and an EP this is part of what he signed up for. His life as a fairly rich white men is hardly ruined because he’s being asked to take a seat for a minute and hopefully do something thinking during that time. Especially since he likely earns money simply out off of the production as an EP even when he’s not hosting. And I wouldn’t be surprised for a minute if he lays low during the bachelorette production, maybe showcases work he’s doing to understand these issues more, and pops back up next year ready to go with another season. And even if it doesn’t he’s still going to be okay because he has made millions and 100% will continue to make money off the production and go on to other things. 

I also agree with the person who asked if forgiveness always has to equal going back to normalcy immediately. 

• Love 13

I do have to wonder if "Gone With the Wind" should be stripped of its Oscar because the film was "racist".

There are dozens of Shirley Temple movies that equally could be considered "racist". Should they be eradicated?

It hit a chord with me when Rachel L. asked what she would represent if she went to an Antebellum Party. They don't do those kinds of parties in Northern California, where I live.  So I didn't think anything about them - I really didn't know it was a "thing" or a "thing that is banned". I had to look up the term "Antebellum" because I could only associate it to the singing group, Lady Antebellum. ?!!!? I guess they renamed to "Lady A" and that caused more issues...

I'm learning all the time.

And in full disclosure, I'm a middle-aged white female and I dated a black man for 3 years. Yet still, I'm learning things are racist that I didn't know before. So please forgive my ignorance. I only took down my dreamcatcher a few months ago because Native Americans hold their ideals closely and hanging my string-art project on the wall was deemed insensitive.

There's a difference between being racist and ignorant. If I do something that hurts you to your core roots, let me know. I may not know that it does. Please don't consider me racist, I truly believe that I'm not. But maybe some things I do or enjoy may be hurtful to you. Please let me know without judgement.

I don't know where Chris Harrison is on his journey to learn and do better. I don't know what is expected of him to "show" that he is truly remorseful. Seems like there are many who think his apology was surface level. What do they want to see from him to show it is deeper?

I wish this show could go back to its roots and be more fluff, with a bit of racial diversity. It has become over-produced and a camping ground for media influencers. And now the latest tact is it has become a spotlight for how not to be racist/non-racist.

My head hurts.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

Is Rachael really considered racist because she dressed in an Antebellum costume?  My friend dressed up as Scarlett O’Hara in the 90’s in HS.  Would that be considered racist then?  Would it now?   

I really don’t think stuff like this was looked at the same in the 90’s. I remember loving Scarlett’s costumes prior to ever seeing the movie. I never dressed up as her, but I can see someone who doesn’t have a racist bone thinking it was just a costume, at least way back then. Hopefully we’re all more thoughtful now. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I really don’t think stuff like this was looked at the same in the 90’s. I remember loving Scarlett’s costumes prior to ever seeing the movie. I never dressed up as her, but I can see someone who doesn’t have a racist bone thinking it was just a costume, at least way back then. Hopefully we’re all more thoughtful now. 

I have a Facebook friend who found an old picture of herself in a culturally insensitive Halloween costume and she pointed out that she couldn't believe her parents had let her go out like that.  That was in the 90s. 

She could call her younger self out because she has learned a lot in 20 years and when she saw it, she immediately recognized why it wasn't cool in a way that she didn't when she was younger.

When Rachael's pictures came out, she had to be told why they were problematic.  But maybe this whole incident has put her on a path where she becomes more aware of issues of racism in this country and in 20 years, she can call out her 2018 self. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, leighdear said:

Actually, there were black slave owners and black plantation owners, albeit not as numerous as white slave owners/plantation owners.  There were also Cherokee who held enslaved persons, again not as numerous.  In addition, there were free blacks during the antebellum years.  I understand the point being made in your post, but I just wanted to point out that than holding enslaved persons was being done by more than just European-Americans.  So, there would have been other costume choices available.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 3/14/2021 at 10:48 AM, watchingtvaddict said:

... a couple of gender non-conforming women... 

21 hours ago, leighdear said:

The franchise has already said this won't happen.  Because you then have the possibility of contestants hooking up with each other in the mansion, instead of focusing on and cat-fighting over the Bachelor.  

Gender non-confirming doesn't mean bi so they could cast gender non-conforming people and not be worried they'd be attracted to each other.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gender non-confirming doesn't mean bi so they could cast gender non-conforming people and not be worried they'd be attracted to each other.

I understand that.  But Chris Harrison made it clear on Twitter a few seasons back that they wanted women exclusively interested in men, and men exclusively interested in women for THIS PARTICULAR franchise.  It was after the BIP with Demi, when fans were commenting on her "fluidity of attraction" and why there weren't more contestants like her sought out.  

There are loads of options with other shows.   

• Love 2
19 hours ago, deSchenke said:

I do have to wonder if "Gone With the Wind" should be stripped of its Oscar because the film was "racist".

There are dozens of Shirley Temple movies that equally could be considered "racist". Should they be eradicated?

It hit a chord with me when Rachel L. asked what she would represent if she went to an Antebellum Party. They don't do those kinds of parties in Northern California, where I live.  So I didn't think anything about them - I really didn't know it was a "thing" or a "thing that is banned". I had to look up the term "Antebellum" because I could only associate it to the singing group, Lady Antebellum. ?!!!? I guess they renamed to "Lady A" and that caused more issues...

I'm learning all the time.

And in full disclosure, I'm a middle-aged white female and I dated a black man for 3 years. Yet still, I'm learning things are racist that I didn't know before. So please forgive my ignorance. I only took down my dreamcatcher a few months ago because Native Americans hold their ideals closely and hanging my string-art project on the wall was deemed insensitive.

There's a difference between being racist and ignorant. If I do something that hurts you to your core roots, let me know. I may not know that it does. Please don't consider me racist, I truly believe that I'm not. But maybe some things I do or enjoy may be hurtful to you. Please let me know without judgement.

I don't know where Chris Harrison is on his journey to learn and do better. I don't know what is expected of him to "show" that he is truly remorseful. Seems like there are many who think his apology was surface level. What do they want to see from him to show it is deeper?

I wish this show could go back to its roots and be more fluff, with a bit of racial diversity. It has become over-produced and a camping ground for media influencers. And now the latest tact is it has become a spotlight for how not to be racist/non-racist.

My head hurts.

It is a good point about Chris Harrison and his journey.  I understand why they are having some space from him right now, but what exactly does this journey look like?  Can he not work or do anything productive while he does this journey of learning more?  It isn't like he is a child that will repeat his mistakes over and over again because he doesn't know any better.  I am pretty sure he knows now what he could have done differently and will more forward in a better direction.  It just seems odd to make it all so complete as if they are done with him, when he probably won't get a chance to show that he has learned from the mistake.   

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

Since we all need a palate cleaner after Matt's season - here's an update on Peter and Kelley. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/bachelor-star-kelley-flanagan-explains-why-she-and-peter-weber-are-done-for-good/ar-BB1eDQpo?li=BBnbfcL

.....................................Barb............................

LOL

Good palate cleanser.

From the article.

“The source also noted that Peter's mother, Barb, was a "major issue" in their relationship. "Barb was very involved and expected to be a major priority within Peter and Kelley’s relationship," the source said.”

Barb is just awful.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, alexa said:

It is a good point about Chris Harrison and his journey.  I understand why they are having some space from him right now, but what exactly does this journey look like?  Can he not work or do anything productive while he does this journey of learning more?  It isn't like he is a child that will repeat his mistakes over and over again because he doesn't know any better.  I am pretty sure he knows now what he could have done differently and will more forward in a better direction.  It just seems odd to make it all so complete as if they are done with him, when he probably won't get a chance to show that he has learned from the mistake.   

I'm betting Chris Harrison had at least a dozen hosting/moderating/voice-over type offers before that press release about him "stepping back" was even written. 

He could write another book, maybe go non-fiction about hosting or Hollywood in general.  He could even profile the franchise if it was carefully edited and he didn't spill too many secrets.  He's got loads of friends and connections. 

In a few weeks he'll be making the rounds of the morning shows, talk shows & podcasts, expounding on his new "journey" towards enlightenment.  And guaranteed there will be cameras documenting every step of his "awakening", complete with a spiffy new wardrobe and more piles of cash.   We'll get to see all the "steps" he takes towards being a better man. 

He is far from done with showbiz, though he can spend more quality time working on his golf game.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I'm betting Chris Harrison had at least a dozen hosting/moderating/voice-over type offers before that press release about him "stepping back" was even written. 

He could write another book, maybe go non-fiction about hosting or Hollywood in general.  He could even profile the franchise if it was carefully edited and he didn't spill too many secrets.  He's got loads of friends and connections. 

In a few weeks he'll be making the rounds of the morning shows, talk shows & podcasts, expounding on his new "journey" towards enlightenment.  And guaranteed there will be cameras documenting every step of his "awakening", complete with a spiffy new wardrobe and more piles of cash.   We'll get to see all the "steps" he takes towards being a better man. 

He is far from done with showbiz, though he can spend more quality time working on his golf game.  

I don’t know. First there his Bachelor contract which may limit side jobs.   Then there is whether or not anyone wants to hire him until he has “finished the work he is doing” vis a vis racism.  As long as a % of the public doesn’t see him as rehabbed, then he will be a pariah.   IMO

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I don’t know. First there his Bachelor contract which may limit side jobs.   Then there is whether or not anyone wants to hire him until he has “finished the work he is doing” vis a vis racism.  As long as a % of the public doesn’t see him as rehabbed, then he will be a pariah.   IMO

I'd wager as many people know him from hosting "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" than from The Bachelor franchise. 

We know loads about what's going, but literally millions of people don't know and don't care about the whole racial controversy.  My mother and all her friends watch the show, yet never go on social media to read the gossip, don't follow Twitter or Instagram and don't check out Reality Steve or any podcast.  All the oh-so-shocking revelations are just not necessarily interesting to people that don't follow the franchise.  Seriously, millions don't even register the whole situation.  

I just don't think "Bachelor Nation" is as big, important or influential as some people, including ABC, like to think they are.  YMMV

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Good palate cleanser.

From the article.

“The source also noted that Peter's mother, Barb, was a "major issue" in their relationship. "Barb was very involved and expected to be a major priority within Peter and Kelley’s relationship," the source said.”

Barb is just awful.

And Peter is awful for not setting appropriate boundaries with her. In his statement that's supposed to be about his relationship with Kelley, he mentions Barb not once but twice:

Peter confirmed in an exclusive statement to ET at the time that he and Kelley had broken up. "I flew to Chicago and was finished with the relationship, then my mom really encouraged us to be in the relationship if we wanted to be and to not give up," the statement read. "Kelley and I operate on two different frequencies, and one isn’t better or worse than the other; we’re just two different people, and those differences surfaced after eight months of dating. But I loved her like crazy, and my mom really cared about her."

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 3/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, leighdear said:

I'm starting to think that he was a willing participant in this controversy.  My thinking is that Chris is past the point of pretending to care about this show. When he started he was close in age to the participants and not they are young enough to be his kids.  He's also building a home in Austin, which says that he is getting sick of Hollywood.

So, with Chris on the way out, what better way to reset than to blow up this huge ass drama and push him out one door while bringing the new guy through another.  It is a great way to get a fresh, hip reset while having the added bonus of tons of social media exposure.  Just my cynical 2 cents. I don't put anything past Fleiss and co.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 3/17/2021 at 12:58 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Yep, I was just meaning to say give us some DIVERSITY in looks. Not just the instagram models. I will say, I liked Matt's season because the women all looked different. But of course, we still didn't get to meet all of them because they focussed on the drama. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Yep, I was just meaning to say give us some DIVERSITY in looks. Not just the instagram models. I will say, I liked Matt's season because the women all looked different. But of course, we still didn't get to meet all of them because they focussed on the drama. 

I feel like we've had so many thin blonde Hannahs and Laurens alone. Even with white women, there are so many types of beauty. The show obviously features brunettes and people of color, but for whatever reason, they cast a ton of women who are similar to the point it's hard to keep track of who's who. If we're going to start out with around 30, let's try to cast people who look different from one another and have different names. 

• Love 7
On 3/16/2021 at 1:55 PM, MissPriss said:

When I was young (heck, probably even to this day) if someone had asked me to dress up like Scarlett O’Hara for a party, I’d be all over it. What fun! And who would it hurt? My daughter once dressed as Aunt Jemima. She looked adorable. None of her friends (of any color) were offended. 

Remember playing dress up as a child? That didn’t make you an adult any more than dressing as a Southern Belle makes you a racist. 

If POC don’t make up 50% of the USA, why must they be equally represented on TV, movies, awards, or politics? Why are most basketball and football teams POC? Could it be they are better athletes? Should inferior white athletes be offended and demand equal representation overall. Americans are born with equal rights. Equality is man made.  

All my life I’ve heard, “It’s not what you’re called, it’s what you answer to.”

I think Bachelor Nation has a fair representation. Better to be under represented than embarrassed. (Here’s looking at you, Matt.) 

I'd probably put some money down in the dark that some of your daughter's friends looking back on her being dressed as Aunt Jemima probably facepalm about it internally, and that some of them were offended  at the time but too polite or non-confrontational to say anything.

The notion that people are asking for POC to be "equally represented" in TV, movies, awards or politics is a strawman. Literally no one is asking for 50 percent of any of the above to go to POC. Matt was the first black Bachelor in 25 seasons of the show (right?). No one is asking that for the next 25 editions, the Bachelors all be POC to reach parity.

What people are calling for is fair representation. We generally don't have that in any of the fields you have listed and more. 

In addition to what DA6988 said about the sports team analogy, a couple of things should be pointed out. First, unlike most real-world things, there are objective metrics for performance and there is a relatively small sample size of people who can perform at that level. When there are perhaps 10,000 people capable of being a NFL-caliber player and willing to do the work to achieve and maintain that level, it is easier to accept the notion that if those figures are skewed in a particular way, Sports come about as close as things can in real life to a meritocracy. The team that wins the Super Bowl is the team that scores the most points in it, not the team with the most political connections, the nicest smiles, the highest payroll, the best advertising, the most clout or other such things. Not so much when we are talking about the several million people capable of being a politician, a middle manager at a company, etc. In all those realms, all sorts of factors can skew results, and among those factors, racism is a frequent culprit. Second, it should also be pointed out that even sports are not immune to the issues of racism. There is a reason why Colin Kaepernick is not employed as a QB while less talented players have starting and backup jobs, and it has nothing to do with his talent.

Inequality is man-made as well. It's because of a history and present of conscious and unconscious bias that you can probably pick a stat in just about any sort of category and see that people of color are doing worse than one would expect if things ever were color-blind. 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

I'm starting to think that he was a willing participant in this controversy.  My thinking is that Chris is past the point of pretending to care about this show. When he started he was close in age to the participants and not they are young enough to be his kids.  He's also building a home in Austin, which says that he is getting sick of Hollywood.

So, with Chris on the way out, what better way to reset than to blow up this huge ass drama and push him out one door while bringing the new guy through another.  It is a great way to get a fresh, hip reset while having the added bonus of tons of social media exposure.  Just my cynical 2 cents. I don't put anything past Fleiss and co.

Not a bad theory, but he just got done saying he was "going to milk this (show)" as long as he could. And even though he might be moving to TX, taping the shows only require him to be on-site, at the most, 6 weeks.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Not a bad theory, but he just got done saying he was "going to milk this (show)" as long as he could. And even though he might be moving to TX, taping the shows only require him to be on-site, at the most, 6 weeks.

They've been doing a lot of advertising for the senior show.  Maybe they'll let Chris do that and bring in new blood for the "kids."

• LOL 2
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I feel like we've had so many thin blonde Hannahs and Laurens alone. Even with white women, there are so many types of beauty. The show obviously features brunettes and people of color, but for whatever reason, they cast a ton of women who are similar to the point it's hard to keep track of who's who. If we're going to start out with around 30, let's try to cast people who look different from one another and have different names. 

But the Hannahs and the Laurens are the ones that WANT to be on the show and are making themselves available!  

You can't have a diverse cast if they don't apply or won't follow the show requirements.  You can't force people to be on the show just to fulfil a quota. 

At this point, aren't we pretty sure that only serious famewhores are trying to get on camera?  And for whatever role they're told by producers to play?

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, leighdear said:

At this point, aren't we pretty sure that only serious famewhores are trying to get on camera?  And for whatever role they're told by producers to play?

Not after Tayshia and Clare's season of The Bachelorette.  They had their fame whores but they also had some pretty good guys to choose from.  If they can find good men for The Bachelorette; they can definitely find good serious women for The Bachelor.

It's also important to keep in mind that many people have been recruited for the show so it's not all about who applies. 

I think Michelle's season will be interesting because they can cast people who are legitimately interested in her since they're months out before they film. 

Say what you will about Victoria but she didn't look like all the others. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Say what you will about Victoria but she didn't look like all the others. 

If Victoria hadn't been the season's designated nut case, I'd have been all for her. It seems like in more recent seasons the show only wants the normal looking ones if they're batshit crazy. Remember Kelsey Poe? I miss the normal types who were cute but not cookie-cutter glam types. I loved Jillian because she was relatable, also Ashley, but she (and the show) let that one jerk mess with her head too much. The last bunch of good women I liked on a Bachelor season was Brad.2 - and isn't that where Ashley came from?

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, EllenB said:

If Victoria hadn't been the season's designated nut case, I'd have been all for her. It seems like in more recent seasons the show only wants the normal looking ones if they're batshit crazy. Remember Kelsey Poe? I miss the normal types who were cute but not cookie-cutter glam types. I loved Jillian because she was relatable, also Ashley, but she (and the show) let that one jerk mess with her head too much. The last bunch of good women I liked on a Bachelor season was Brad.2 - and isn't that where Ashley came from?

I remember the 'regular girl' types, the names that come to mind are Holly Durst, Erica Rose, Jamie Otis, and Krisily Kennedy. Not aspiring supermodels with the regulation long straight hair and smokey eye makeup. Diversity will be welcome. Both outside generic white girls, and with all kinds of races and ethnicities. True though, it depends on what girls even want to compete for a man on TV!

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

True though, it depends on what girls even want to compete for a man on TV!

It would really help if the man in question were worth competing for. The last time that was the case, IMO, was Brad 2.0.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

But the Hannahs and the Laurens are the ones that WANT to be on the show and are making themselves available!  

You can't have a diverse cast if they don't apply or won't follow the show requirements.  You can't force people to be on the show just to fulfil a quota. 

I don't disagree it's possible there are a ton more Hannahs and Laurens applying. One of my guilty pleasure shows was The Girls Next Door show. I remember Holly Madison saying one reason so many of the models looked like Hef's girlfriends is because there were so many women with bleached blonde hair and breast implants dying to be Playmates. I don't know exactly how many BN applicants are black, white, blonde, brunette, tall, short, curvy, skinny, whatever. I do think the show hasn't done great with diversity though, hence all the drama now. I'm not saying fire Chris, but he even said in an interview years ago something the lines of just needing to find a black man who was great. I give him benefit of the doubt he just didn't word it well and meant color didn't matter, but seriously? All these beautiful black men and women out there and it was impossible to get a black bachelor until Matt, and it took so long to get Rachel?  

Yes, I agree with that. I never thought the vast majority of them join the franchise to find "their person." This process is not the ideal way to meet someone. It's a wonderful way for people to get a little fame and opportunities though. It's especially great for influencers.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

They've been doing a lot of advertising for the senior show.  Maybe they'll let Chris do that and bring in new blood for the "kids."

Since I only watch TV via DVR (fast-forwarding all advertisements), what senior show are you talking about??

7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

They were going to do a Bachelor style show with older people. 

Thanks. That would be interesting as I don't see older women "fighting" (or should I say competing) for one man. But you never know, right? 🤷‍♀️

You used past tense, so is that thought history now? (beside the fact that Chris might be permanently gone)

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Thanks. That would be interesting as I don't see older women "fighting" (or should I say competing) for one man. But you never know, right? 🤷‍♀️

You used past tense, so is that thought history now? (beside the fact that Chris might be permanently gone)

Nope we'll still get seniors looking for love! It was just postponed because the age range is high risk for covid. I believe they recently started casting. Old folks fighting kind of cracks me up. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Nope we'll still get seniors looking for love! It was just postponed because the age range is high risk for covid. I believe they recently started casting. Old folks fighting kind of cracks me up. 

LOL. Depends (NPI) on how old the franchise actually considers "old". Either way, I'll be curious.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

True. Demi would consider me a senior citizen for being in my 30's!

LOL. And here I thought we were talking about 55+.  Now that would really make Demi's head spin...🤪

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

LOL. And here I thought we were talking about 55+.  Now that would really make Demi's head spin...🤪

At least!  I just Googled the ABC casting page and they are looking for people "in their golden years," and I don't think they're talking about hair color. It might be a hoot watching the producers try to manipulate a group with that much life experience!  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Yikes! I don't think these girls even look alike. TBH, I do get EVERYONE confused at first though, black, white, brown, doesn't matter. There are actually a lot of memes about white people looking alike too, with Bachelor contestants. lol

I think these girls are all beautiful, but it would take me a bit of time to get all their names when they have a similar vibe. 

trying-to-tell-hallmark-christmas-movies

1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I would hope they would specify an age range because someone who is 55 doesn’t want someone 85!

I read somewhere it would be 65+, not sure if that's true. My guess is it depends on who applies. We might get a bunch of seniors who are barely seniors. I'm sure most people in their 50's would not appreciate being in the same age group as the 80-somethings who could be their parents. lol

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

So this year's Bachelor in Paradise show will air sometime in late Summer after Katie's season of The Bachelorette finished airing.. They have already cast their 1st male participant...Long Island's own, Dr. Joe Park. As happy as I will be to see Dr. Joe on my screen again, I was holding out hope that he would be in the running for the 1st Asian-American Bachelor. 

https://stylecaster.com/bachelor-in-paradise-2021/?utm_source=hsrd.yahoo.com&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=feed

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

As happy as I will be to see Dr. Joe on my screen again, I was holding out hope that he would be in the running for the 1st Asian-American Bachelor.

There's still hope. Both Nick V. and Colton did a stint on BIP before getting the Bachelor gig.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

There's still hope. Both Nick V. and Colton did a stint on BIP before getting the Bachelor gig.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about that. Perhaps if he's popular Fleiss et al will take note. 🤞

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yikes! I don't think these girls even look alike. TBH, I do get EVERYONE confused at first though, black, white, brown, doesn't matter. There are actually a lot of memes about white people looking alike too, with Bachelor contestants. lol.

I'm moderately face-blind, so I use things like hair color, hair length or style, and tall/short or skinny/plump to tell people apart. Given that, ALL those girls look alike to me LOL. Except for the one in the middle: she has straight hair. 

• Love 4

Seems that Chris Harrison has now lawyered up, so he might be exploring lawsuit options. He no doubt has a contract and production could posdibly be in breech of that contract for replacing him. Get the popcorn ready. This is gonna get good. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I recognize Hannah Brown in the middle and Cassie Randolph middle right. I think upper right is Hannah Godwin. 

As for the others, no clue.

Bottom left is Ben Higgin's F1 Lauren (I forgot her last name. She's now married to a musician and I believe pregnant.)

Chris Harrison has hired an attorney and is thinking of taking legal action against the franchise.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chris-harrison-might-taking-legal-165555453.html

• Useful 2