Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

On 2/9/2022 at 12:39 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe Chris Harrison can officiate their wedding! 😆

"With the grace NOT vested in me by Bachelor Nation, I hereby pronounce you ..."

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, alexa said:

The thing that is so annoying about this is that it was his dragging her through the mud that brought the whole Chris Harrison thing up.  Now these two are together still, and he took the fall (not that he handled that well, but you know what I mean).

He treated her with such contempt on national tv— I’m still shocked they got back together - now she gets to spend her life with someone who kisses with his eyes open!

• Love 5
On 2/9/2022 at 6:04 PM, nlkm9 said:

He treated her with such contempt on national tv— I’m still shocked they got back together - now she gets to spend her life with someone who kisses with his eyes open!

At least she gets thanked for sharing personal information.

According to Lyndsey, she told Clayton exactly what Shanae said about Elizabeth’s ADHD.   He says it is possible but he doesn’t remember.  I guess his little head used up all the blood supply so his big head couldn’t retain data  

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/clayton-echard-sometimes-regrets-being-the-season-26-bachelor/

eta…he sometimes “regrets” being the Bachelor 

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

According to Lyndsey, she told Clayton exactly what Shanae said about Elizabeth’s ADHD.   He says it is possible but he doesn’t remember.  I guess his little head used up all the blood supply so his big head couldn’t retain data  

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/clayton-echard-sometimes-regrets-being-the-season-26-bachelor/

eta…he sometimes “regrets” being the Bachelor 

Yeah, we do too, Clayton. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Colton is engaged.  I wish him well, but this is his first serious relationship.  

I took a look at that article. Reading it, you would never know this guy stalked a contestant from his season of the bachelor, placed a tracer on her car, sent creepy messages to himself (and also her, I think?) to make himself also look like a victim of the stalker, and in general frightened the contestant to the point where she had to get a restraining order against him. 

Well, that's the way People magazine rolls (and why I haven't read that rag in decades.) Yesterday's creeper is today's fan favorite. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Breaking News: Clayton also does not pronounce the in his name! Other juicy tidbits…

Clayton Echard on The Bachelor Finale: ‘I Wish It Could Have Went Any Other Direction’

... and apparently doesn't know how to use the present perfect verb tense.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 3/8/2022 at 1:05 AM, chocolatine said:

People on the PTV Bachelor forum: "Clayton is the worst dressed Bachelor ever."

Matt James: "Hold my beer."

Rachael-Kirkconnell-Matt-James-ACM-Award

I wonder if he is modeling for Levi's or some other jeans company and they gave him some freebies. Or maybe it was National Denim Day.

• Love 1
(edited)

In the Glamour article (link in above post) Clayton says his brothers' nicknames are Pat the Rat and Nasty Nate. I wonder his nickname is. Clueless Clayton?

(Found in @JenE4's first linked post from Glamour above.)

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 4

Clayton does a podcast.  People summarizes. 
https://people.com/tv/bachelor-clayton-echard-admits-he-did-not-handle-it-well-with-susie-evans-before-her-exit/

eta. He said he flashed on Susie playing him like other woman did during the season and that’s why he handled things the way he did…. As predicted, it was all about him not looking foolish.  

The apology tour continues 

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/bachelors-clayton-echard-denies-gaslighting-susie-evans/

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 2

"Clayton explained that he entered the fantasy suites week with the belief that physical intimacy was "critical" to a relationship, so he wanted to find out if he was compatible with the women in that way. 'If I'm going to get engaged, that has to be there,' he added."                                                                                  US Magazine (online) by Eliza Thompson

Yeah, that first-time/one-time "intimacy" is really REALLY "critical to a relationship, Clay-UN.  You speak as if you have all the experience that a man of the world (like you) should.  HAHA.

• Love 4

How he handled himself was bad but I agreed with him with her playing him the whole season. She kept going on about being in love with him in previous episodes but then she went into the date ready to break up with him, looking for an out. When he told her he was in love with her, she did not look happy, and then when she realized that, she did a fake smile.  It was obvious to me that that was what she was doing and so reading what he wrote, he knew it too. She knew she had a good chance of being the bachelorette with being in the top 3 and also getting the Cinderella date. So while I think he went way over the line with how he reacted to her, I think his feelings about her playing him were valid.

• Love 5

Respectfully disagree.  I think Susie got in her head and started having anxiety, first when the three of them were with Jesse and then waiting for the first date card.  Production probably had talks with her, realized her concerns and deliberately scheduled her last.  Then her anxiety ratcheted up first wh4n Rachel came back the mo4ning after and then Gabby with her bed head.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

As suspected, Production put Susie last because they thought Clayton wouldn’t engage the others afterwards.

That's not unexpected, but still pretty low.

But mad props to Clayton for looking up the term "gaslighting."  He's among the few.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I swear the producers are getting worse, of course they saw that he liked Susie most and made sure he saw her last. Had he seen her first, he wouldn't have slept with the other two yet and may have said "oh okay, then I won't do that."

I don't mean to defend Clayton as his tantrum was ridiculous, but I also think the producers completely and totally set him up to fail. He was too naive/dumb/inexperienced to recognize their manipulations and walked right into it. 

In the earlier seasons, it felt like the producers wanted drama but also helped the lead to find love. Now it seems like they basically just set out to humiliate them and they pick the type of guy that they can easily manipulate. Look at Peter, Ben, Arie, Colton, Nick, Matt...none of those guys came out of this show looking good. It's why I'm relieved they didn't choose Rodney for this season. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

SMH at “I allowed my emotions to attack her”.  I hate when people try to remove themselves from their actions like that. 

In another interview, he said he started to feel “dangerous emotions”.   I don’t know if this is a sign of how emotionally immature or inarticulate  he is or a serious red flag.  

eta the photo from the US magazine article.  Dangerous thoughts, not dangerous emotions…not that this is any better. 

20AB0E6C-F688-43FF-80C4-191C7B284BDB.jpeg

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 2/28/2022 at 6:29 PM, adhoc said:

I took a look at that article. Reading it, you would never know this guy stalked a contestant from his season of the bachelor, placed a tracer on her car, sent creepy messages to himself (and also her, I think?) to make himself also look like a victim of the stalker, and in general frightened the contestant to the point where she had to get a restraining order against him. 

Well, that's the way People magazine rolls (and why I haven't read that rag in decades.) Yesterday's creeper is today's fan favorite. 

NOT AND NEVER WAS MY favorite. I dislike colton for many reasons. one of them the stalking, the documentary, like his foundation but I have wierd feelings about him going on tv to promote it, just so many things I do not like or trust about that man. Is it possible he likes both men and women because he sure seemed to love becca and cassie.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

In another interview, he said he started to feel “dangerous emotions”.   I don’t know if this is a sign of how emotionally immature or inarticulate  he is or a serious red flag.  

WTH are "dangerous emotions"?  Is that therapist-talk from the time those "dangerous emotions" got him in some sort of trouble?  I think there's deep anger in CLAY-uhn that's probably going to continue to boil unless someone helps him.  I hope he walks away from the entire deal...and all the spinoffs.  Women!  Pay close attention.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

NOT AND NEVER WAS MY favorite. I dislike colton for many reasons. one of them the stalking, the documentary, like his foundation but I have wierd feelings about him going on tv to promote it, just so many things I do not like or trust about that man. Is it possible he likes both men and women because he sure seemed to love becca and cassie.

I definitely think the Becca thing was fake and a facade because everyone has to be " in love" with the bachelor/ette. He did really seem like he was in love with Cassie but I suppose if he was actually bisexual, he'd say that and not that he's gay.

• Useful 1

The Bachelor Live show kicks off in Peoria on the 16th.   Sales don’t apoear to be going well.  The photo is from the website…blue dots are seats available.  Although, the grey dots far from the stage….I’m guessing they took those seats off sale so the audience isn’t too spread out. 
https://www.bachelorliveonstage.com/bachelor/event/Peoria

eta 1  I just checked the first stop   Detroit seems to be selling better

2  some venues have Meet and Greets, but no guarantees who will be there but Becca who is host  

0AB636CD-EC27-4383-933C-5CC6B9F60587.jpeg

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 3

I listened to Kaitlyn's podcast with Clayton and then with the Shrink Chicks.  Interesting stuff.  Got some thoughts, though, and you guys are the only ones I can think of who might care :) 

1) Kaitlyn is an excellent person to give Clayton advice.  I didn't really notice any similarities when watching the last episode, but when it comes to dealing with crap from Internet randos, Kaitlyn is as experienced as Bachelor Nation gets, both with people coming at her for the sex and more recently with people thinking she needs to know their views on her cosmetic surgery.  The woman knows how to tune out social media for her own sanity.

2) In a universe where Kaitlyn and Clayton got together romantically, they would be Claytlyn. But no. We live in the worst timeline. 

3) I am 100% convinced Susie is the next Bachelorette, to the point where I'd bet money on it. I don't *really* believe she was deliberately sabotaging Clayton so she was free to take the gig; it's more her edit. She was obviously at the top of Clayton's list for most of the season, and the producers knew it -- that's why she was the last Fantasy Suite date.  But we never saw any of that -- a week ago, it seemed like he was more into Rachel than the rest of the women combined. They hid Susie for a REASON.

(Also, has she done ANY press since last week's episode?  Clayton has been around, but Susie might be busy, maybe getting ready to film something soon?)

4) If it's true production talked to Susie about being the next Bachelorette while this season was still filming, they need to cut that out ASAP.  No mentions of future seasons until they walk away without a rose, then you can pounce. (I don't know that they did this, but if so...)

5) I agree what Clayton did was not gaslighting, but I did not think that until I got some context from him. If all you had was what was on TV, it did come off a little gaslighty. (The Shrink Chicks pointed out that gaslighting is actually deliberate, long-term abuse, which this wasn't, so maybe it's more accurate to say this was him losing control in a gaslightish way.)

6) Greg Grippo was closer to gaslighting, although I don't know what "long term" has to be. 

7) In any event, my issue with Clayton has never been that he had sex with Rachel and Gabby while wanted to get engaged to Susie. Not everyone views sex as some sort of venerated act.  Clayton says physical compatibility is important to him, and I believe him -- the act itself doesn't necessarily imply a commitment.  This isn't the 17th Century.  

Nor do I have a problem with him telling multiple people he loved them, or was falling in love.  The kind of love you have (ideally) for a spouse is a journey, and all three women could be at different spots on that journey, but all have the potential to arrive there. I get it.  He was a little inelegant in expressing that, but he was a little ambushed and the cameras and everything, so he might not have been at his sharpest. 

My problem is wholly in how he talked to Susie once he let his emotions kick in.  He was (IMHO) cold, cruel, and spiteful.

8) Susie did a lot of things wrong.  I can understand getting mad.  This was not a conversation that needed to wait until after two fantasy suites -- she should not have set foot in Iceland without telling him. For all the things Madi did wrong  (and I don't remember that many), at least she told Peter when he still had options.

But that doesn't excuse blowing up at her like that. Clayton, to his credit, admits it, and admits he made a lot of incorrect assumptions about her.  Odd, for someone you were about to propose to.

tl;dr -- Clayton is, I think, basically a good-hearted guy, but lacks the maturity to keep himself cool when his emotions kick in.  I think that's common, and I think that kind of thing can change when you realize that about yourself.  But until he reaches that point, he is not ready to be engaged --  definitely not with someone he's known for nine weeks.

Tonight should be interesting.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

- Clayton is, I think, basically a good-hearted guy, but lacks the maturity to keep himself cool when his emotions kick in.  I think that's common, and I think that kind of thing can change when you realize that about yourself.  But until he reaches that point, he is not ready to be engaged --  definitely not with someone he's known for nine weeks.

I agree with this.  As much as the women succumb to some mass hypnosis where they are all convinced that the lead is their one true love (even as they see him making out with others),  the lead is falling for the fairy tale as well.  HIs fairy tale is that he can try out all the women - go on dates, make out, meet the families, and that each one of the women wants to marry him, and are participating in a competition where he is the prize.  That's the story of the show, that each woman will do anything to be his chosen one. So, when one pushes back, she is saying, No, I am not competing to win your love, you need to step up to win mine -  the lead falls apart.  From his perspective, she's changing the rules at the finish line.

If it was really about "finding love,"  there wouldn't be a proposal expected at the end - the lead and the F1 would "win" an all-expenses paid vacation where they could figure out if they wanted to be a couple. (and then date exclusively for a while) 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

That's the story of the show, that each woman will do anything to be his chosen one. So, when one pushes back, she is saying, No, I am not competing to win your love, you need to step up to win mine -  the lead falls apart.  From his perspective, she's changing the rules at the finish line.

Maybe this is why BiP has a higher success rate?  As much of a contrived mess as it is, at least there is some back and forth on trying to get a rose. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, phlebas said:

Maybe this is why BiP has a higher success rate?  As much of a contrived mess as it is, at least there is some back and forth on trying to get a rose. 

yes, that makes sense.  On BiP, both sides of a relationship have to work to keep the other interested.  On Bachelor, the women are trying to get the lead's attention, the lead doesn't have to try at all, he operates on the assumption that they all want him.

• Love 5

I think because of producer manipulation, cruelly having to stay with the other women who clearly are blushing after a night of foreplay or sex really cranked up susies anxiety. People want ro make her out to be a villian or somwone who was planning to be bachlorette, i think she was crazy about clayton and cracked under the pressure and after seeing the other women all sexed up for lack of a better term, realized she was just hoing to be # 3. I truly wonder if they had it the old way, where everyone was apart what would have transpired. The producers are great at ramping up the drama but its very cruel. Clayton wants what he didnt have. 
oh can someone please tell gabby that wearing every shirt hanging off your slippery shoulders is obnoxious !!!!!!

Edited by nlkm9
Mispell
  • Love 7
On 3/14/2022 at 11:47 AM, phlebas said:

Clayton is, I think, basically a good-hearted guy, but lacks the maturity to keep himself cool when his emotions kick in.  I think that's common, and I think that kind of thing can change when you realize that about yourself.

Damn it, Clayton.  It took me a week after you told Susie off to get to a point where I didn't think you were just some evil animated troll doll.  Now I have to start all over!

...or not.  I could just not bother and let you stomp off into history.  Tell Peter we said hi.

• Love 2
On 3/14/2022 at 8:47 AM, phlebas said:

7) In any event, my issue with Clayton has never been that he had sex with Rachel and Gabby while wanted to get engaged to Susie. Not everyone views sex as some sort of venerated act.  Clayton says physical compatibility is important to him, and I believe him -- the act itself doesn't necessarily imply a commitment.  This isn't the 17th Century.  

Just for the record the 17th Century had a good deal of tolerance when it came to sexual activity. 🧐

• Love 4
17 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Just for the record the 17th Century had a good deal of tolerance when it came to sexual activity. 🧐

My mistake :)  I should have said 1950s

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Clayton's parents went out to dinner after the live show with Rachel's parents and Gabby's grandpa and aunt. Clayton's mom also posted a really nice note wishing Gabby and Rachel the best and hoping they find love. 

His parents were awesome, a perfect example of loving your kid and being there for them while still calling them out on their stupidity. Maybe if he starts listening to them more there's some hope for him!  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, SallyAlbright said:

Clayton's parents went out to dinner after the live show with Rachel's parents and Gabby's grandpa and aunt. Clayton's mom also posted a really nice note wishing Gabby and Rachel the best and hoping they find love. 

His parents were awesome, a perfect example of loving your kid and being there for them while still calling them out on their stupidity. Maybe if he starts listening to them more there's some hope for him!  

TAKE NOTE, BARB WEBER

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

The families really were the best this season. Clayton didn't seem to understand a word his parents were saying to him during the show, but maybe it will eventually sink in. 

I want to see Gabby's grandpa live tweet during her season, lol. I love that he's the breakout star of the whole thing. 

• Love 2

I wish I knew if Grandpa Windey is a Navy veteran. About half a century ago, there was a Navy guy named John Windey temporarily assigned to the Air Force Base I was at. He got adopted by the programmers in my section while he was there and socialized with all of us after work and on weekends. Since the John Windey I knew would be about his age, and was such a fun and nice guy, I can't help but wonder if it's the same person.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Thanks for posting. Definitely worth a watch. 

Wow.  She reached out almost immediately.  They talked for weeks and then the show helped them to meet secretly.  

She asked Clayton to be her boyfriend.  She refused to get engaged for now.  They said living together will show if they want to get married.  

He said Gabby and Rachel had the right to say their truth, but he doesn’t seem to believe their truth is accurate.  Clayton and Susie talked about what happened before, but was hard to watch.   

12 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Clayton and Susie interview:

SHE is the one who reached out to HIM post-show! 

• Useful 2