Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Any Mayhem is good Mayhem in my book!

I kind of like the commercial for Smart Mouth (can't find it online) with the woman describing her horrifying realization that the bad breath she was smelling was coming from her, not the person next to her. The way the actress delivers her lines just seems really genuine and funny, when she's like, "Oh my God! It was me!"

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Any Mayhem is good Mayhem in my book!

I kind of like the commercial for Smart Mouth (can't find it online) with the woman describing her horrifying realization that the bad breath she was smelling was coming from her, not the person next to her. The way the actress delivers her lines just seems really genuine and funny, when she's like, "Oh my God! It was me!"

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dkfd/smart-mouth-weird-faces

• Love 2
On 6/17/2018 at 1:44 PM, Ohwell said:

I've been watching the FIFA World Cup and I love this ad.  I have to admit though, that the first second or two I thought it was real, lol.

This ad is so silly but it cracks me up, especially when he bonks through the giant GEICO at the end.

• Love 4

The new Progressive one with the "becoming your parents" one is hilarious because this time the guy has become like his dad and is acting like an 80 year old. You can practically see the wife planning to run like the wind.

Also love the Booking.com one with the husband who's trying out that jet ski flyboard while on vacation and wiping out while his wife videos it and cackles.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Also love the Booking.com one with the husband who's trying out that jet ski flyboard while on vacation and wiping out while his wife videos it and cackles.

I just wish she wasn't recording in portrait. Landscape, dammit!

• Love 6

I have an irrational affection for the Johnsonville Firecracker Brats commercial in which the lady enthusiastically describes all of the townspeople - plus the Statue of Liberty!! - showing up at the park to declare that Johnsonville brats are made in the USA. By all rights, I should HATE this, but it cracks me up. I think it's that the firefighters look like a discount version of the Magic Mike crew.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, Ashforth said:

I have an irrational affection for the Johnsonville Firecracker Brats commercial in which the lady enthusiastically describes all of the townspeople - plus the Statue of Liberty!! - showing up at the park to declare that Johnsonville brats are made in the USA. By all rights, I should HATE this, but it cracks me up. I think it's that the firefighters look like a discount version of the Magic Mike crew.

Yeah, I don't really mind it either (I see a lot of hate for it).  To me it's kitschy - and something that I could see some average Joe (or Jane) making up in their head and thinking it was a good idea.

20 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Yeah, I don't really mind it either (I see a lot of hate for it).  To me it's kitschy - and something that I could see some average Joe (or Jane) making up in their head and thinking it was a good idea.

It's better than the talking animals version. 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, amass said:

I normally hate the Liberty Mutual commercials...but “You hear that Karen? Liberty Mutual doesn’t hold grudges” just cracks me up

I also like the one with the guy who gets all agitated about his crap insurance and throws his wallet into the harbor; he pauses a beat and then mumbles ' gonna regret that'. Something about his delivery tickles me and I find myself anticipating it.

• Love 2

I can’t say I like this commercial, but I’m kind of proud of myself that I instantly recognized the woman with the toast as Stephanie, the teenage driving student from the first Naked Gun movie. 

• Love 2
On 6/7/2018 at 2:10 PM, Rock73 said:

When I first saw this Subaru commercial, I yelled out "Rusty!", because the actor in it played one of the main characters in the TV show "Greek", which was on from 2007-2011.  And I don't think I had seen him in anything since that show went off the air.  There is a much longer version of this commercial linked on the actor's (Jacob Zachar) imdb.com page.

Thanks for that link info. So cute.

11 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I can’t say I like this commercial, but I’m kind of proud of myself that I instantly recognized the woman with the toast as Stephanie, the teenage driving student from the first Naked Gun movie. 

Now slowly extend your middle finger......

• Love 3

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I like the Progressive commercials with Flo and Jamie and their crew.  This obviously works for Progressive because it's been going for years.   Flo herself was a comic in California, but she'll never have to do stand-up again. 

• Love 8
On 6/28/2018 at 7:07 PM, KnoxForPres said:

I love the Amazon one where the dad realizes he has a softball player. 

I love that commercial and all the commercials that are featuring dads. This Amazon one gets the onion ninjas hanging out in my living room. I'm a child of the late 70s and 80s and while my dad was very involved I could imagine this being him when I was an infant.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/d2jz/amazon-echo-dads-day

• Love 1

I kind of get a kick out of the Geico ad with Alexander Graham Bell sitting in the audience during a play and getting a phone call on the old-timey wall phone he has sitting in the seat next to him. "Hello? No, my number is 1. You must want 2." The whole thing is just so absurd.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Lava VaVoom said:

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I like the Progressive commercials with Flo and Jamie and their crew.  This obviously works for Progressive because it's been going for years.   Flo herself was a comic in California, but she'll never have to do stand-up again. 

I like them too. At first I was hooked by the surreal white universe that Flo operated in and now Progressive has wisely branched out into so many hilarious side trips with Flo and Co. -- Her family, her co-workers, her competitors. Flo has become a very wealthy woman doing these goofy commercials.

• Love 5

I'll have to show myself out after admitting this, but I actually sing along with the 'Today's the Daisy for cottaqe cheese' jingle. The visuals are pretty generic, but for some reason, that song makes me kind of happy.

• Love 4
On 7/18/2018 at 2:52 PM, cpcathy said:

I like the Mayhem wedding commercial, but it's because the older woman cracks me up. She's even funnier than Mayhem! Someone get her on a sitcom!

I like that one,too. Moreover, I've liked ALL Mayhem Commercials ever since I've found out that they were made for the purpose of OVERWHELMING FLO! So PLEASE keep liking Mayhem Commercials as much as possible so the day Flo's GONE can arrive ASAP!

• Love 5
On 7/18/2018 at 8:30 PM, theredhead77 said:

I love that commercial and all the commercials that are featuring dads. This Amazon one gets the onion ninjas hanging out in my living room. I'm a child of the late 70s and 80s and while my dad was very involved I could imagine this being him when I was an infant.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/d2jz/amazon-echo-dads-day

Ahh I was just about to post this one. It’s very sweet. That baby’s smile at the end is heartwarming. ❤️

• Love 2

I'll have to show myself out after admitting this, but I actually sing along with the 'Today's the Daisy for cottaqe cheese' jingle. The visuals are pretty generic, but for some reason, that song makes me kind of happy.

I like that one too! It's so cheerful and I love cottage cheese. I think I might actually be the only person in the world who craves the stuff.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:59 AM, Haleth said:

Were you joking?  Cuz it's Progressive.  I love the new Progressive one with the game show. 

I like the game show one too!  "NOT TODAY!".  

• Love 1

I wasn't quite sure which thread to put this on, but, I decided on this one.  It's kind of amusing, but, also makes me wonder.....hope no birds were harmed in the making of this commercial.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wasn't quite sure which thread to put this on, but, I decided on this one.  It's kind of amusing, but, also makes me wonder.....hope no birds were harmed in the making of this commercial.  

CGI

• Love 5
(edited)

I can’t find an ad online to link but I find the guy who does the voiceover in the Bass Pro shops ads to be so incredibly soothing.  I love to listen to him.

My hubby said it was on purpose to give me subliminal messages to buy more crap at Bass and Cabela’s.

While I normally weep at Queen being used to sell crap, I think Camila Cabelo is so damned pretty and the lipstick colors are so awesome that I love this commercial.  And I mean, it’s also a kickass song.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2