Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I hope someone can help me identify this commercial. The thing is, I don't know what it's for, and I only caught a bit of it. There's a man (maybe a sales guy or broker?) who's talking to a woman. She's a psychic, but every time she tries to finish his sentence, she gets it wrong. She never acknowledges it even though he corrects her. I want to see it again because it was pretty funny.

I hope that description is enough to prompt those who have seen the commercial.

I am also loving the Kraft macaroni and cheese commercials, particularly the one where they saying grace at the table and Grandpa is shoveling into his mouth.  Also the one where Mom is scraping the plates in the kitchen directly into her mouth.  (I'm so juvenile, I swear.  I laugh out loud at these.)

• Love 1

I am also loving the Kraft macaroni and cheese commercials, particularly the one where they saying grace at the table and Grandpa is shoveling into his mouth.  Also the one where Mom is scraping the plates in the kitchen directly into her mouth.  (I'm so juvenile, I swear.  I laugh out loud at these.)

Especially when Dad is saying during Grace, "And thank you for having Grandpa move in with us and be such a good influence on little Jimmy."  And little Jimmy is staring at Grandpa hogging the macaroni and cheese.

I'll see that Blow Pop Commercial and raise you a classic Bubble Tape commercial

Wow! I completely forgot about that commercial. Oh, how my childhood beckons! I'll see your Bubble Tape commercial, and raise you one of the ultimate classic candy commercials:

• Love 1

Wow! I completely forgot about that commercial. Oh, how my childhood beckons! I'll see your Bubble Tape commercial, and raise you one of the ultimate classic candy commercials:

I'll see that Tootsie Roll Commercial and raise you a 90s commercial that helped us get out of those sticky situations back then. It helped us all.

I hope someone can help me identify this commercial. The thing is, I don't know what it's for, and I only caught a bit of it. There's a man (maybe a sales guy or broker?) who's talking to a woman. She's a psychic, but every time she tries to finish his sentence, she gets it wrong. She never acknowledges it even though he corrects her. I want to see it again because it was pretty funny.

Hmm, sounds similar to one of those Verizon commercials with the saleslady Lily, except that she's scary right about all of them, and the dude looks impressed AND creeped out.

ETA: AT&T! Not Verizon.

Edited by riley702

I love that one!  It's for AT&T:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9jZZxQbb8

I just love it, perfectly cast, great song, love the dad/daughter bonding. 

Of course, if it was my husband and daughter, I'd have him up on risk of injury/child endangerment charges, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjRj2QWW718

My favorite part of this commercial is when the Dad looks back to ask his daughter if she's okay and she gives that half smile and twirls her finger in the air to say 'Yep, let's go again.'

The original YouTube link isn't working anymore, here's another one. http://ispot.tv/a/7DC_

I can't get it to embed though.

• Love 1

My favorite part of this commercial is when the Dad looks back to ask his daughter if she's okay and she gives that half smile and twirls her finger in the air to say 'Yep, let's go again.'

The original YouTube link isn't working anymore, here's another one. http://ispot.tv/a/7DC_

I can't get it to embed though.

Thanks, if you can't embed it I'm sure I can't, so tech challenged, lol.

There's a commercial that I remember really liking when it came out and I've tried to find it online and can't.  Maybe someone else will remember it and have more/better details.

I think it was for Coke.  It came out in the late 90s or really early 2000s.  There was a group of kids on a bus or train or subway car and they were coming home from somewhere, perhaps a concert.  They were friends and together, yet kind of doing their own thing.  I think one was listening to music on headphones.  The voice over said something about knowing life was going to eventually make them grow apart but they were all together at that moment and that's what mattered.

Does anyone remember this?  It's very possible I've completely bungled the details.  I just remember that it really spoke to me.

I sort of like the Doritos commercial with the little boy's self made time machine. For whatever reason, the boy looks similar to the one in the car commercial where the dad offers his keys to the kid and the kid imagines driving the car. The hair is shorter and the kid is taller but my mind keeps connecting the two.

Edited by turbogirlnyc

I must admit I love the iphone commercial where the two guys brag about the various healthy things they do, with one of them finally saying, "Well, I ate a funnel cake that had 1230 calories."  "You know that's not good, right?" "It was good.  It was delicious."  It's the delivery of that last line that cracks me up every time.

• Love 6

They used so much vaseline and gauze in that ad, it could well be her wigged corpse hawking the product. I predict her ghost will grace us again this holiday season, or next St. Valentine's Day.

Edited by ABay

I'm impressed that "Flo" apparently plays all the roles in the commercial. I know for sure she's also the sister and mom, and I'm pretty sure she's the brother based on the identical noses. That would suggest she's the dad and grandpa, too, but the makeup is so heavy, it's hard to tell for sure.

ETA:  Yes! I was correct!

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2014/11/10/watch-progressives-100th-ad-with-flo

Edited by riley702

peeayebee, that's a good one!  A local weather gal should see that -- Metinka Slater -- her hair looks like she just loads up the gel and that's it.  It's not that the style is dated -- it's just awful.

Saw an ad today for a bank or credit card company.  Can't find it -- it's not a well-known company.  Kid is busting his toys and his parents are buying him new ones.  I'm thinking "Spoiled little s***!'  The twist is that the credit card company is donating a percentage of purchases to cancer research, and the kid has a friend with cancer.  Awwww. 

• Love 1