Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Blast from the past:  AOL commercial from 1995. All you need is a computer and a regular phone line... Saved ya a trip to the library!

Someone has made a parody of the ad but with The Facebook circa 1995:

• Love 1

I think the new Flo commercial is so funny too, especially the rooster daughter.  Between this one (maybe a series?) and the family commercials at Christmas, Stephanie whats-her-name is getting to show her comedic talents.

• Love 3

I like her playing all the roles in the family commercials, especially the obnoxious daughter; I don't like the game night one except for her "Yay, game night is so much fun" at the end.

This new one doesn't really do it for me, but I do like the way she says "Uh oh" after the first "Kill her!"

• Love 2

Ah, that explains a lot. I wrote over in "Annoying" that I was surprised GoDaddy pulled their ad because the CEO is a DNGAF kind of guy. But after seeing this, I think they pulled it because they knew the Bud ad was going to kick their ass.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 2

State Farm's "Never" commercial is the hands-down fav in our house. Hubby and I used to say those same Nevers when we were young, and now our sons are saying them. Hope our boys follow the commercial's time line like we did. 

• Love 2

State Farm's "Never" commercial is the hands-down fav in our house. Hubby and I used to say those same Nevers when we were young, and now our sons are saying them. Hope our boys follow the commercial's time line like we did. 

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I didn't like it because, as I posted in another thread:

Just saw that State Farm commercial where the guy keeps saying he'll never (get married, have kids, move to the suburbs, etc.) with the next shot showing him doing just that. The last shot is him looking at his wife and kids and saying, "I'm never giving this up." It's supposed to be an "aww!" moment, but I keep thinking that by their own logic, the next shot should be him fighting with the now-ex wife over visitation or child support.

• Love 1

Ah, that explains a lot. I wrote over in "Annoying" that I was surprised GoDaddy pulled their ad because the CEO is a DNGAF kind of guy. But after seeing this, I think they pulled it because they knew the Bud ad was going to kick their ass.

It seems to me that the Go Daddy advertisers knew of this Budweiser ad and created kind of a parody.

That is my feeling as well.  They thought they'd do a psych! - same dog, same general storyline, doesn't feel so coincidental.

That is my feeling as well.  They thought they'd do a psych! - same dog, same general storyline, doesn't feel so coincidental.

They shouldn't have leaked it, then - the only way a gag like that can work is if it comes on just after you've seen the first one.

• Love 1

Not exactly a favorite but a clever ad nonetheless:

Ending is a bit cheesy but as one who has been pulled into sanctimommy debates, it got me to laugh.

It is clever, but I got so annoyed at the tagline that I can't say I enjoyed it.  "Welcome to the Sisterhood of Motherhood."  After all those DADS are featured caring for their infants?  What?  DADS can't use Similac? 

Nice try, but you fail, Similac.

• Love 3

It is clever, but I got so annoyed at the tagline that I can't say I enjoyed it.  "Welcome to the Sisterhood of Motherhood."  After all those DADS are featured caring for their infants?  What?  DADS can't use Similac? 

Nice try, but you fail, Similac.

It's an almost for me.  If we still had the Swing & Miss thread, I'd have posted it there.  Like so many ads, it's so close but then just misses.

• Love 1

What's that old saying? Dogs have owners, cats have staff...

This is from a few days ago, but I totally agree.  There's another one that goes:  'The difference between a dog and a cat- Dog:  'These people feed me, shelter me and love me...they must be Gods.' Cat: 'These people feed me, shelter me and love me...I must be a God.'

I just saw what I'm guessing is the newest DirectTV Rob Lowe ad.  It's the one with 'peaked in high school' Rob.  The hairstyle is funny as is the fact he's still wearing his high school athletic jacket and working at a fast food joint.  And it sounds like the theme from 'St. Elmo's Fire' is playing in the background at the end.  Funny!

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 1

I just saw what I'm guessing is the newest DirectTV Rob Lowe ad.  It's the one with 'peaked in high school' Rob.  The hairstyle is funny as is the fact he's still wearing his high school athletic jacket and working at a fast food joint.  And it sounds like the theme from 'St. Elmo's Fire' is playing in the background at the end.  Funny!

Yeah, that's the St. Elmo's theme, and they also play it at the end of the "Meathead Rob Lowe" iteration of the commercial too.

• Love 1

I giggle at this commercial when he says, "You said you have a deposit?  I can't hear you.  The bank is closed."  And you know what?  When the bank is closed, it SHOULD remain closed ...even if some entitled person comes to the door after closing time and expects the workers to comply.  In situations like that, I say the rules are the rules; adjust your schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg6jvUksS1c

• Love 4

The Geico commercial with 'Jesse' the cowboy.

"I'm a loner; and a loner's gotta be alone."

It never fails to make me laugh, esp. when he goes riding off into 'The End' and gets knocked off his horse.

• Love 8

Was that one shown during the SB?  I missed it.  Did see the airplane one though.  

The Snickers and Walter White commercials were the best.  Props to Liam Neeson too.

No, according to twitter from PETA it was left out.

My husband and I watched the compilation of the Super Bowl ads on demand last night.  I dropped by here to say I loved the Liam Neeson one (although I'd never buy what he was advertising).  "Scone for Lie-em."  Hee.

• Love 2