Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

One of my favourite South African "Ad wars". And that between a fastfood outlet and an insurance company to boot!

Overall Nando's ads are usually very "spoof" oriented, and Sanlam has some of the sharpest and most styleful adverts in SA! If you have time youtube Nando's ads. It's a minefield but you won't be sorry (may just need to know the basics about African politics to really "get" all of them)

• Love 2

Yeah, but they can't tell me where the car came from that had the kitten in the trunk.  The guy opened to trunk to clean the car for the next rental and a really sweet black & white kitty popped out.  The guy who rented it is deaf, so even if the cat had been yelling, he wouldn't have heard it.  Most folks are of the opinion someone wanted to ditch the cat.  He's really sweet and knows how to play without showing his claws.  I can't imagine someone wanting to dump him.  But that's another thing Enterprise will do for you - take the cat off your hands & take it to the vet next door, so kitty can get neutered the next day and go on display in the adoption center.

Please, pet owners, microchip your pets.

• Love 3

I love the Narwhals commercial.  It's just so random.  Of course, as an actual method of selling a product, it sucks because I have no idea what it's advertising.  Phone service of some sort, I think?

My mom loves the narwhals.  Also thought it was a fictitious creature. I think she wants one now.  Unicorn of the sea.

• Love 1

I like - and this shouldn't be notable, but it is - that he's happy to be spending time with his child, not resentful that he has to "babysit."  And that the things he comes up with to do with the Press 'n' Seal aren't designed to keep him from having to parent his child or take care of his house, just to make it easier. 

• Love 7

That commercial is excellent. Dad was bit out of his element (see: stupid sippy lids that never match up with the cups) but was far from the standard incompetent father usually portrayed on TV. Also, I never got that much accomplished during any of my kids' naps, so I'm very impressed with his ingenuity and stamina. 

• Love 3

And that the things he comes up with to do with the Press 'n' Seal aren't designed to keep him from having to parent his child or take care of his house, just to make it easier. 

Now I want a roll of Press 'n Seal for some of my pesky little messes, too. Mission accomplished, Glad.

Press N Seal is the shit. Seriously. Don't know how I ever survived with plain, old SaranWrap. And I feel so smart because my kid is a chronic "spiller" and I've been making lids with straws forever.

Watching the NCAA games and Southwest dancing girl is back rocking the "Will and Carlton" to Apache. LOVE her.

• Love 1

The first time I saw Press n Seal in action, probably like 10+ years ago, it was at a friends house, and I marveled at how it worked exactly like the commercials.  I still am impressed by it.  Saran wrap is so awful.

• Love 1

I love Press N Seal, too. And if I'm out on the patio where there's even a possibility of a bug getting in my drink, I always make a cover out of Press N Seal and then just stick a straw thru it. I haven't used Saran Wrap in years.

Edited by riley702

I love that Press-n-Seal ad just because of how the Dad takes the headband off the baby's head first thing.

Oh geez, me too. I hate those headband bows. Look, I realize your baby is bald but we allllll know it's a girl, just let it go.

• Love 3

There's a new Taco Bell ad that makes me laugh.  They're attacking McDonald's.  It's set in a dystopian future where everybody is lined up for the same boring breakfast (and there's a McDonald's style countdown - xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx sold), and people break out of the line to escape, where they're chased by evil looking clowns.  If you're clown-phobic, don't see it, but I like it.  Too bad I can't find it anywhere yet.

• Love 2

There's a new Taco Bell ad that makes me laugh.  They're attacking McDonald's.  It's set in a dystopian future where everybody is lined up for the same boring breakfast

... as in, we're in the Demolition Man future where all restaurants are Taco Bell?

• Love 2

Now I want a roll of Press 'n Seal for some of my pesky little messes, too. Mission accomplished, Glad.

I cannot get Press 'n Seal to work. Ever and now I really, really want it to work!

I'm not sure if this should go in the smoking thread or this one but I'm really enjoying the anti e-cigg commercials. The music is catchy enough for you to look at the screen and the commercial moves quickly that you keep watching. Now, hopefully it works.

The (long ago) drunken twenty something groomsman in me has a huge crush on the Southwest Dancing Girl.

I AM that girl, at every wedding, Christmas/Halloween/St. Patrick's Day party I've ever attended.  So I absolutely love that commercial.  I've actually used it as an example of what I'm like for a friend who never goes to those parties herself.

• Love 2

"Al? Where have you been?"

"I don't know. I was inside... for so long. There was nothing. Just white. And cold."

"It was winter, buddy. Just winter."

"Somebody get this man a burger!"

Hee.

• Love 3