Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I'm catching up on the thread, didn't realize I hadn't been here in so long.

Acura approached her after seeing a video her husband posted on youtube, singing in her car.

Acura - "Drive Like a Boss"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jZOJDupNIw&list=PLxDNKxVW_TO8vSPjM9AQywyJiVtYUMU5S&index=2

I just saw that for the first time today, Snowprince - that's cool that she's a "real person" doing it.  What a nice story!

Somehow I hadn't seen this commercial until yesterday and that's really cool to know it started as a real video.

I just saw this McDonald's ad during the Golden Globes and I think it's the McD's ad I've ever liked...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93KTpF9JDWo

This commercial made my non-existent allergies act up.  I know they were using it as advertising but I like when companies show solidarity to the community / nation / whatever.  It gives me that 'we're all just a little connected feeling'.  

I love this oldie but goodie that Sears Optical has resurrected:  "Please come snuggles with Momma!"

This is one of my favorite commercials.  

I love this commercial...especially the little girl pleading.

The best part of this commercial for me is how the mom has a little scream when she sees the disaster in the bathroom and then the dad comes in behind her and does his own gasp, which scares her again.  That part makes me laugh.

This ad featuring Roger Miller for Android, is just charming!

Love this commercial.

"Your grandfather loved it when I wore leather..."

These commercials crack me up.  Isn't this the same company that did had the grandmother telling her grandchild about naked ziplining and then the parents realized what she was saying and cut her off?  At the end they hugged a tree.  I only saw the version that mentioned naked zip lining once or twice and after that only saw a shorter version.  I wonder if they'll cut this one down too?

I remember several people mocking it when it first came out, but I find it charming; I love that woman just being herself.

Pretty much any commercial that shows someone just not GAF and being themselves makes me feel good.  

• Love 2

This is one of those commercials I don't fast forward through.  I know it's mostly the song that got me in the beginning, but it's got some beautiful cinematography in it as well.  And any commercial about people throwing caution to the wind and doing crazy things usually appeals to me.

I'd like it better if there wasn't some other guy waiting in the helicopter.  Well, maybe.  I roll my eyes at the whole "running away at the altar" scenario in general, so maybe not.  And why is she only apologizing to her dad?  How about the guy she's embarrassing in front of all his friends and family? 

• Love 3
And any commercial about people throwing caution to the wind and doing crazy things usually appeals to me.

I'm pretty sure she had a dress on under that dress, which leads me to believe she had no intention of getting married that day, but had every intention of making a scene.

Yes, she's a right old bitch in that commercial. She wastes her parents' money on a huge wedding, she breaks the heart of a man who loves her (and whom she supposedly loved), and she's a coward for not having the courage to break it off with him in private. So, "Dior: Hurt those you love so you can live your life selfishly. And you smell."

• Love 8

Yes, she's a right old bitch in that commercial. She wastes her parents' money on a huge wedding, she breaks the heart of a man who loves her (and whom she supposedly loved), and she's a coward for not having the courage to break it off with him in private. So, "Dior: Hurt those you love so you can live your life selfishly. And you smell."

Not to mention, in no way did she show anyone that a woman can be tough like Janis was singing about.  Fickle, hesitant, dramatic - but not tough.

• Love 6
(edited)

I like this Jimmy John's commercial, although I've only heard it on the radio:

"Jimmy John's? Send me everyone you have - any sandwich, doesn't matter."

*doorbell rings* Jimmy John's - hey did you know your house is on fire? "Yep - grab a bucket."

*doorbell rings* Jimmy John's - hey did you know your house is on fire? "Yep - grab a bucket."

*doorbell rings* Fire Department. "Great! It's under control now, though. Grab a sandwich."

FD - Why didn't you call us first?  "I did."

Edited by riley702
  • Love 1

I'm not usually a fan of babies and small children in commercials, however this is simply beautiful.  

Yeah, it's a really sweet, simplistic ad.  Plus, that baby is gorgeous.  What color are her eyes?  They look like a gunmetal gray.

• Love 2
(edited)

I always hate those "Leaving at the altar" scenes.  Why the hell did she wait so long to figure it out?

I'd like it better if there wasn't some other guy waiting in the helicopter.  Well, maybe.  I roll my eyes at the whole "running away at the altar" scenario in general, so maybe not.  And why is she only apologizing to her dad?  How about the guy she's embarrassing in front of all his friends and family? 

Not to mention, in no way did she show anyone that a woman can be tough like Janis was singing about.  Fickle, hesitant, dramatic - but not tough.

^^Don't forget to publicly humiliate them too.

Okay, in real life I'd agree with all these statements but for the sake of it being a commercial I give it/her a pass.  

Edited by gameoff
  • Love 1

I just saw another one I love and it also has dogs.  It's for one of those dog medicines for heartworm or fleas and has scenes of different dogs and their owners.  One scene is an adorable baby trying to crawl.  The little dog with the baby pulls himself forward with his front legs and shows the baby how he does it.  It's so much cuter than that dog they have in the stupid clear tube to protect it from fleas.

• Love 3
(edited)

So, I've decided that there was a breakdown in communications and the ad team was actually supposed to secure the rights to "Crybaby."  The commercial is really the beginning of the story about how the jilted groom was able to pick himself up and find love again, probably with an old friend who always knew that Natalie was no good for him.  Yep, that's my story.  (I can't believe I had to make up headcanon for a frickin' commercial!)

I do agree, gameoff, that it is quite pretty, though.

Edited by netlyon2
  • Love 4

Do people keep towels for their dog in the bathroom?

The ones for drying off the dog after a bath, yes. But they were the only cheap thin towels I owned; the ones meant for humans were nice fluffy ones, and a totally different color. And I wouldn't give the dog a towel as a toy like in the ad; dogs can't tell the difference between things they can chew on and identical things they can't.

• Love 2
(edited)

This is one of my favorite commercials right now:

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7OEv/gain-lift-and-lock-dogs-towel

It's the dog's "What the hell are you doing to my towel?" look that makes the ad for me.

The dog's expression is great. I thought the towel looked a bit mottled so figured it became a dog towel.

I love the dresser in the ad plus one of the drawers isn't closed all the way. I re watched to see the dresser again and noticed the casual untidiness shown - something on the floor, a laundry basket out, some papers on the dresser,...I loved those touches of realism.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 2

And I wouldn't give the dog a towel as a toy like in the ad; dogs can't tell the difference between things they can chew on and identical things they can't.

My dog had towel that he played with. It was "his," and he never chewed on any of "mine."

So, I've decided that there was a breakdown in communications and the ad team was actually supposed to secure the rights to "Crybaby."  The commercial is really the beginning of the story about how the jilted groom was able to pick himself up and find love again, probably with an old friend who always knew that Natalie was no good for him.  Yep, that's my story.  (I can't believe I had to make up headcanon for a frickin' commercial!)

I do agree, gameoff, that it is quite pretty, though.

Oh, this is fun.  All right, my headcanon is that this was some kind of arranged marriage that she wasn't into from the very beginning.  Her dad says "I'm proud of you" because in his mind she's doing the right thing and marrying this man to further a family business (or something).  The dude in the helicopter is the true love of her life and by not marrying the first guy she's taking a stand against everything she's been force-fed her whole life.

I've got no explanation for the song used though.  Unless ... it's directed loosely at this unknown thing I've made up that she's rebelling against.  

As an aside, I thought the man playing her father was Patrick Stewart at first glance.  And it seems odd that the groom has his back to  her while she's being walked down the aisle.  

I'm not usually a fan of babies and small children in commercials, however this is simply beautiful.  

To tell you the truth-as cute as it is-it terrifies me. It looks like that scene from Joy Luck Club.

I rarely watch tv shows live because I have absolutely zero tolerance for most commercials - even with the mute on I have to look at the images, which can be just as annoying/disturbing as the audio content.  So I pre-record every show and watch it later, gleefully ffing through the ads.

However, I do enjoy just about any commercial with dogs or cats (as long as they're not made look like they're talking - that shit creeps me out), and babies.  

I LOVE the diaper commercial that's currently running with the kids dancing, playing and posing to "All About the Bass" by Missy Trainor.  LOVE, LOVE the song and the kids.  Yeah, some of them look a little too old to be in diapers but it's still so much fun to watch them having fun.  I play it in full every time I come across it, and sometimes even go backwards and watch it again.  Don't think I've ever done that with a commercial before.  

Edited by mousegirl
  • Love 1

Oops.  Just looked up Trainor's song online.  It's "All About THAT Bass", and it's Meghan, not Missy.  Watched the vid of her performance at the New Year's Rocking Eve in January.  So cool! 

Edited by mousegirl
  • Love 1

And I'm starting to get attached to the GEICO free range chicken....

I love that commercial! The expression on the chicken's face when she sees the sunnyside up eggs -- she's like, "What the what?"

Edited because the chicken is obviously female.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 10