Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: High Sparrow

• Start Topic

Tyrion, you are a four foot tall very white man with an obvious King's Landing accent. Why would you think that putting up your hood would change that? 

So Jorah's spent all this time drinking in a Khaleesi-themed whorehouse. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Littlefinger and Roose were good, but Littlefinger and Sansa were even duller than Bran.

So what's the dead rat for? Does FrankenMountain eat rats now? Which does he like better, rats or dwarf heads?

Coolest thing about Jon Snow executing Slynt was the way he sat back and finished his beer first.

This was not a good week to be a flabby old man, was it?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 4

Jon's sword is Valyrian, isn't it? Not sure if Robb's was.

Yes, that's the difference, Jon has the Mormont sword, but the Stark VS sword never got to Robb after Ned's death. Families usually only have one of them, but now the Lannisters have two because Ned's sword was humongous. 

FrankenMountain stirring was nicely spooky. 

Arya not giving up Needle was her best scene in years, I was worried how they'd be able to pull off that inner turmoil with no words.

• Love 1

Why was there a need to actually show Tommen and Margaery in bed? Couldn't we get the gist of it from her talk the next morning? It felt like shock value. Natalie Dormer spoke of her discomfort with the scene last season where she was supposed to kiss Tommen - was this somehow their way of making sure she got the message? 

I certainly noticed that for a couple that's just finished having sex, Margaery was WAAAAAAY over the other side of the bed. You could have fit two whole people in between them, and I can't help that was more to do with the actors than the characters.

Edit: I watched this episode again this morning, and I overstated the distance between them. Weird. I can only assume my creeped-out imagination pushed them apart. 

Edited by Ravenya003
  • Love 1

Jon's sword is Valyrian, isn't it? Not sure if Robb's was.

I wasn't talking so much about the sword itself but that Robb and Theon made political blunders whereas Jon had his ducks lined up in a nice row.  Even Allisar Thorne gave Janos the stink-eye.

• Love 2

Why does the High Sparrow look familiar?

If you're watching Wolf Hall he plays Cardinal Wolsey,  Qyburn (builder of the FrankenMountain) plays Thomas More on the same show.  There really are only 12 British actors but they do get around!

• Love 2

Yes, that's the difference, Jon has the Mormont sword, but the Stark VS sword never got to Robb after Ned's death. Families usually only have one of them, but now the Lannisters have two because Ned's sword was humongous.

I think the Lannisters are back at one...and that knife of Tyrion's that ended up with Littlefinger (last? I think?) Jaime gave the sword his father gave him (made from Ned's) to Brienne - Oathkeeper. I don't recall them having a Valyrian sword before Ned's. I thought Tywin made a point of that when he gave Jaime the sword...that he always wanted one in their family and now they finally did.

Edited by Tandaemonium

I thought we heard LF comment to Ramsay that it was "strange" that not much was known about him.   I like that LF isn't ALL KNOWING and it would make sense that House Bolton would keep it's more macbre proclivities under wraps.

I just love how wormy LF is.  After all House Lannister has done for him, not that they are weakened he's preparing to stab them in the back. LOL.  I like that you get the sense that it's open season on House Lannister now that Tywin Lannister is gone.   And I'm wondering why Cersei is demanding LF return to Kings Landing.   She told Qyburn to send a Raven and emphasise that she expects to see LF as soon as possible.   Does she want help dealing with Margaery or is she up to something else.   Can't wat to see what happens with LF and Sansa.

• Love 1

The actor who plays Tommen is 18 years old so I don't see the problem with showing Tommen and Margeary in tasteful afterglow. It is difficult to know how old Tommen is (I would guess, 16 years old) given that he has been aged from around 9 years old in the books to facilitate a more dramatic story on the show.

I am looking forward to Cersei's time coming to an end. She needs to be shoved into a closet somewhere or killed so she does not hurt anyone else and do any more damage to the throne. Tommen will be far better short-term king with his great uncle Kevan as his regent and Margaeary at his side.

Alliser will be a snake in the grass lying in wait for Jon. I hope Jon follows Stannis' advice and sends him far away. I did like the proud nod that Stannis gave Jon after he took off the guy's head.

Edited by SimoneS

Why was there a need to actually show Tommen and Margaery in bed? Couldn't we get the gist of it from her talk the next morning? It felt like shock value. Natalie Dormer spoke of her discomfort with the scene last season where she was supposed to kiss Tommen - was this somehow their way of making sure she got the message? 

They've repeatedly made Margaery look like an idiot, with her taunting Cersei (and this was not the first time), and her allowing Loras to troll for dick in the local brothels. And they've also taken away most of her savvy by making it clear that her main skill with Tommen is that she's a sexy lady. 

I don't know why the show has such an odd disdain for the Tyrells, and I say that as someone who loves watching Cersei and often feels pity for her even when I shouldn't.

I thought it was necessary to show them in bed not to point out the sexual nature of their relationship but because of the conversation that happened afterwards, Margaery convincing him to try and get rid of his mom by sending her away.  Its a classic move by men and women both throughout the ages.  Now that the sex is over, here is what I want, and they are more likely to be responsive after such a sexual encounter.  It emphasis the manipulative nature of the character.  And it emphasized the control she has over Tommen partly because of the new sexual relationship.  She has more control over him than his mother. 

Thought it was hilarious they had the prostitute dressed as Khaleesi, and that she was the most popular. 

I felt bad for Sansa.  I have to think Littlefinger has more in his plan than this though because I am not sure what he has gained from this planned marriage yet.  He doesn't seem to get much out of it, except maybe the Bolton's leave the Eyrie alone?  Seems like there should be more for this marriage though.  Now not only have the Boltons taken the North by force but they have a family claim by marriage as well to the area to solidify the arrangement. 

I am still not sure what Arya is doing.  Losing interest there, it better pick up soon. 

• Love 2

Love Lord Commander Snow. "Talk shit, lose your head."

Littlefinger may not know about Ramsey because not too long ago, he was a bastard.  He seems to know the important men.  But I really don't want Sansa to be abused any further. I can't watch that.

I liked Brienne's back story. At least she knew about Renly's proclivities but loved him anyway.

• Love 7

If you have a dirty mind, you'll appreciate my wife's comment about Janos Slynt's execution: 

The Starks give good head.

Jorah looks terrible.  I don't like Bad Jorah; we've never seen the bad side of him even when he was spying on Dany.  His whole charm is in his devoted affections. 

• Love 5

I'm both interested and confused by the Little Finger/Sansa story in this episode.  First, I'm confused that he's so blatant about having Sansa Stark, she's a wanted criminal linked to the death/murder of Joffrey.  Second I'm a little surprised that Roose Bolton would consider it a good marriage.  I get that having a Stark in the house would solidify his hold of the North but again she's wanted for Regicide.  

I know they pointed out that without Tywin Lanister in Kings Landing and Castelyrock their power is waning but that's a fairly bold move for Little Finger and Roose at this stage. 

As for Sansa, I'm confused on her part, she was desperate not to be married to Roose or Ramsey but then LF gave her the speech about getting revenge and she now seems to be playing along but what is her and Little Finger's ultimate goal?  I get that Little Finger wants control of the Eire and Winterfell and he can get both through Sansa but how?  Are they planning to kill off Roose/Ramsey in a Red Wedding style showdown?  If so, I'm all for it.  Better question, if LF doesn't have much of a plan beyond marrying Sansa to Ramsey and gaining an alliance between the Eire and Winterfell then does Sansa have her own game?  I really, really want Sansa to come into her own this season, I want her to learn how to play the game and screw over the Boltons and Little Finger but, I don't know if they'll go there or just make her the eternal victim.

I think the best plan for Little Finger would be to have Sansa marry Ramsey and then kill both Ramsey/Roose giving Sansa control of The North.  He could then marry Sansa off to Sweet Robin, and then kill Robin, giving Sansa control of the Eire as well (through marriage and Lysa).  Then ultimately marry Sansa himself and take control of both The North and the Eire.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

Wow, the next day and only two "pages" of comments. Is that a low for GoT? If so, it's understandable IMO. I'm having trouble paying attention this season. Some formerly interesting plots seem like they have hung around too long (Cersei, Jon becoming top guy), and some of the newer plots are not that interesting (Arya, Tyrion). I was actually paying bills while watching last night.

I wonder how wise it was for Jon to actually execute Slynt. Sure, it peased Stannis, and it was about respect. But until now, Jon has been more about compassion. I guess in the end, his Stark honor won. Wonder if it wll cost him.

Is Sansa at Winterfell or at the Bolton's castle?

As Sansa and Littlefinger looked down at the castle, he asked her if she'd ever been there before. She replied that they stopped there on her way to Kingslanding.

The castle they were looking down on was Moat Cailin, on the way to Winterfell.  The Boltons have taken over Winterfell, it is the seat of the Warden of the North.  

• Love 2

I loved this episode as it featured so much of Winterfell.  Sansa seems to be playing the game-especially in her reactions to Bolton.  Also, with Brienne following her, there is the return of (most of) Ned's sword to the North which I would think would have a great impact.  Sansa may have way more support than anyone realizes as 'the north remembers' and that the people of the North would probably realize that Sansa is being used as a pawn.  I hope Reek redeems himself and works with Sansa.  This story combined with Jon executing Slynt brings home the importance of honor that Ned instilled in his children.  If the North rises up behind Sansa it will be due to the honor of the Stark name.  I am so interested in this story!

I surprised myself by being tired of Tyrion's constant talk and Arya's impatience.  And, I was quite pleased that there was no (real) Dany.

• Love 2

There's no room for compassion in a military command, especially one under threat. Slynt openly challenged Jon's leadership, in the most disrespectful way possible.

And, thanks to Sam, all the Night's Watch know that Slynt hid during the battle, so he's a cowardly bastard as well. Jon had to execute him, or lose his command.

• Love 5

Littlefinger just has to have something up his sleeve. He mentioned how Roose Bolton was the one to put a dagger in Robb's heart, so LF knows he's also responsible for Cat's death, and I wouldn't be surprised if he screws Roose for that. I care mostly for Sansa's sake than anything. I loved how she went from that hard look she gave Roose to smiling sweetly, giving a curtsy, and saying "Lord Bolton"; she's learning.

When the people were repairing Winterfell, I went back and noticed it was no longer smoking in the opening credits. I'm too lazy to see if it's the same in the first two episodes.

Margaery is so damn happy to finally have consummated her marriage to a king. I like Margaery, but she really needs to toe that line, especially before she has an heir.

Lord Commander Jon Snow is HMFIC. When Slynt was blustering on about how he had powerful friends in King's Landing, I was like, "well why are you still at the Wall?" I cheered so hard when Jon beheaded Slynt, because fuck that guy so much. 

So I had to trade Daario's bare ass for the High Septon. No thanks.

I was so happy to finally see Jonathan Pryce.

I think Jorah is taking Tyrion to see Dany rather than Cersei. It's always been obvious that he's in love with her and is probably desperate to get back into her good graces.

Edited by Popples
  • Love 3

On a shallow note can Roose Bolton please read whatever he wants out loud for an entire scene? What is his accent? Plus Littlefinger might have met his match in terms of ambition.

Maergary and Tommen delighted me. He might be a soft boy but she isn't. I wish her granny had stayed however. In a less conflicted time, Maergary would make a great Queen. Although she should know better than poke at Cersei. I think Tommen is lucky to have her. He needed a smart wife.

I don't get a sense Arya will get in trouble for hiding Needle. Nobody said to toss her things in a river. The thing is can she submit to a higher power? Rule breaking, challenging Arya who said no to Brienne, walked away from The Hound, killed a man just to feel better after Robb' s murder...can she submit? I hope not. Because the Faceless God is as demanding as the God of Light.

I think it is interesting that this episode mentioned religion so much. Jon's oath, the prostitutes dressed as gods, Tyrion mesmerized by the Red Priestess, Arya asked to submit, Cersei exploring options. Only Sansa and the Boltons seem unaffected. The Boltons and Littlefinger don't do "faith".

How can Sansa survive Bolton? Not just alive but unbeaten? Joffrey was training for her I guess. But Ramsey is so much less restrained. What is the nameless, faceless North gonna do for her? Can Arya' s direwolf please show up?

Edited by jeansheridan
  • Love 7

There's no room for compassion in a military command, especially one under threat. Slynt openly challenged Jon's leadership, in the most disrespectful way possible.

And, thanks to Sam, all the Night's Watch know that Slynt hid during the battle, so he's a cowardly bastard as well. Jon had to execute him, or lose his command.

All true.  In the show's first episode, the Night's Watch deserter also asks Ned for mercy, and loses his head.  You gotta follow through otherwise you're The Boy Who Cried Beheading. 

• Love 4

Interesting that I didn't really see the resurgence of the Starks coming.  I usually have a feel for what this show is setting up, and I had been assuming that the Starks were going to just keep getting picked off one by one until the final story ends up with the free folk and the snow meeting Dany and the dragons somewhere in the middle. The whole fire and ice thing and such.

- Still don't care about Tyrion and glad his airtime was relatively brief. I hope Jorah will get my interest.

- I felt queasy when Sansa was begging Littlefinger not to make her go with the Boltons. How did this story so quickly become another chapter in Sansa being debased and used by various men? And again I will ask just how stupid is this man? I'd love to say this will end with Sansa having some strength or power, but I just can't trust it.

I will always care about Tyrion.  Probably some of that is directly related to Peter Dinklige's performance.

By the way, did I miss finding out what it was that Cersei wanted from Littlefinger "immediately"? I know that Bolton read the note, and that he wanted to read the reply, but I don't remember finding out what she wanted.

• Love 2

By the way, did I miss finding out what it was that Cersei wanted from Littlefinger "immediately"? I know that Bolton read the note, and that he wanted to read the reply, but I don't remember finding out what she wanted.

I am guessing that his brothel is to blame for ALL the depravity in KL. Cersei wants the High Sparrow to kill him. Or manipulate LF with the constant threat of death that only she can protect him from. 

• Love 1
I doubt that marriage will last long if it happens at all.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sansa makes it through her second marriage with her virginity still intact.

The question is really whether Sansa stabs Roose herself or not.

If she's smart she'll let Theon do it.

• Love 3

When Arya hid needle I said - NO it's a test!!! Throw it in the water!!!!  

I fear for Sansa - I think some horrors are coming her way - I only hope Brienne or Jon can get there before she suffers too much.

Damn you pissing imp - but I guess he'll be finding his way to Danerys faster than in the wheelhouse. 

Interesting that I didn't really see the resurgence of the Starks coming.  I usually have a feel for what this show is setting up, and I had been assuming that the Starks were going to just keep getting picked off one by one until the final story ends up with the free folk and the snow meeting Dany and the dragons somewhere in the middle. The whole fire and ice thing and such.

I hope not. When the entire things ends, I would like the remaining Stark children to retake Winterfell and their revenge to be so brutal that it is at least 6 generations before anyone thinks about messing with them. I prefer the Starks to Dany.

• Love 7

The part with the Red Priestess was an interesting little tidbit.  She was urging people both to follow the one true god AND to follow Danerys.   That means the one true god apparently has two horses in the race for the Iron Throne.

• Love 5

The part with the Red Priestess was an interesting little tidbit.  She was urging people both to follow the one true god AND to follow Danerys.   That means the one true god apparently has two horses in the race for the Iron Throne.

I think it's the Dothraki god that would have two horses in the race.

The one true god would would have more than one iron in the fire.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 11

I liked Brienne's back story. At least she knew about Renly's proclivities but loved him anyway.

She referred to his proclivities as "foul rumors" when Jaime brought it up on their road trip. Then he explained that "we don't get to choose who we love" or some such, basically comparing Renly/Loras to his incest and meaning that as a good thing.

I think the Lannisters are back at one...and that knife of Tyrion's that ended up with Littlefinger (last? I think?) Jaime gave the sword his father gave him (made from Ned's) to Brienne - Oathkeeper. I don't recall them having a Valyrian sword before Ned's. I thought Tywin made a point of that when he gave Jaime the sword...that he always wanted one in their family and now they finally did.

Right, they had two from Ned's sword. Jaime gave one to Brienne and now I think he's using the one that briefly belonged to Joffrey.

I think the best plan for Little Finger would be to have Sansa marry Ramsey and then kill both Ramsey/Roose giving Sansa control of The North.  He could then marry Sansa off to Sweet Robin, and then kill Robin, giving Sansa control of the Eire as well (through marriage and Lysa).  Then ultimately marry Sansa himself and take control of both The North and the Eire.

Robin would have to pop a kid in Sansa before they could keep the Eyrie, it belongs to House Arryn, not Lysa or Littlefinger.

Damn you pissing imp - but I guess he'll be finding his way to Danerys faster than in the wheelhouse.

A nice callback to the 3rd ep of s1, where Tyrion pissed off the edge of the Wall. Then he shook Jon Snow's hand without even wiping his because Lannisters are gross that way.

• Love 2

When the people were repairing Winterfell, I went back and noticed it was no longer smoking in the opening credits. I'm too lazy to see if it's the same in the first two episodes.

Not only was it not smoking from Episode 1, it had gotten rebranded - gone was the wolf's head, in comes the flayed man.

• Love 2

So how often has Jorah utililized the services of the Dany look a like in that brothel?

Maybe I just give my man Jorah too much credit but I actually thought he was going to get pissed about that wannabe and cause a scene, so was surprised when he wound up kidnapping Tyrion instead.

I was confused at first in the brothel.  The camera angle made me think the prostitute was pregnant, and that's why he was refusing her.

OK so it wasn't just me... I thought it was probably just prostitutes in general but she did sort of look pregnant.

Poor Sansa.  I hope she evolves more into a Margaery than another Cersei.  I am not understanding LF's motivation at this point.  I thought he wanted Sansa for himself, yet he's willing to turn her over to a monster.  Is his motivation vengeance for Catelyn's murder?  My only hope is that he's about to pull a Tyrell and murder Ramsey before he can get his sadistic hands on Sansa.  Please don't let her get pregnant with a Bolton.  It looks like Theon may get enough courage to warn her, but will she distrust him for his betrayal?

Yeah I'm not totally sure what LF's game is here. I think he's hoping Sansa will take the opportunity to avenge her family by doing away with the Boltons. After seeing how he disposed of Lysa I actually do believe him that he's always loved Cat, and while I'm sure he didn't care about Ned being killed, I really do believe he'd like to destroy those who harmed her -- and take over the world while he's at it. Maybe he hopes Sansa will take out the Boltons, and then HE can marry her (I really do think that's part of his end game but maybe I'm crazy) and they will together hold the north, and the Vale, and maybe Riverrun if they can dispose of the Boltons and rescue Edmure (POOR EDMURE!)

The priestess referred to the Dragon Queen. Did I miss something? What have Mel and her followers got to do with the Targaeryans?

I'm sure rumors of the Dragon Queen have spread from Meereen and it seems natural that the worshippers of a fire god would latch on to someone with fire breathing dragons. Melisandre backed Stannis, but that was before Daenerys was even heard of. I wonder, does Mel even know about her?

Alliser will be a snake in the grass lying in wait for Jon. I hope Jon follows Stannis' advice and sends him far away. I did like the proud nod that Stannis gave Jon after he took off the guy's head.

Thorne seems to me like the kind of guy whose respect has to be earned, he was tough on Jon right from the get go and I'm sure isn't happy he's not Lord COmmander, but Jon had the opportunity to be just as bad to him - by assigning him to latrine digging duty - and instead bestowed on him the title of First Ranger, to acknowledge his leadership in the battle (which, he did lead, and didn't hide in the larder like some people). I think Thorne grudgingly respected that decision and that is why he wouldn't step forward to help Janos Slynt.

Wow, the next day and only two "pages" of comments. Is that a low for GoT? If so, it's understandable IMO. I'm having trouble paying attention this season. Some formerly interesting plots seem like they have hung around too long (Cersei, Jon becoming top guy), and some of the newer plots are not that interesting (Arya, Tyrion). I was actually paying bills while watching last night.

Probably more to do with the fact there are 3 threads per episode on this forum with discussion divided between them.

• Love 3

I had a lot of thoughts about the writing for women in this episode (and in this season in general), but I don't know if this is the proper thread. I couldn't find a thread for women on the show, so I wasn't sure if one should be made?

Poor Reek. Did he have a thing for Sansa, or was it just the sight of any Stark that pinged the Theon part of him.

Since Theon regarded Robb as a brother, Sansa would be a little sister. But in a Stark, not Lannister kind of way. Theon groped his sister because he truly did not recognize her and felt disgusted with himself after learning the truth. Even Greyjoys draw the line at incest.

Tyrion, you are a four foot tall very white man with an obvious King's Landing accent. Why would you think that putting up your hood would change that?

Why did Superman think just putting on a pair of glasses transformed him into Clark Kent?   ;-)

Ummm, lots of bare asses of both genders in this episode.

So Sansa's hand is up for grabs again. I guess Tyrion's patricide meant instant divorce.

I guess there's no such thing as second chances in GoT.  Dany executes that ex-slave despite the pleading of practically the entire city, and Snow dispatches Slynt despite his apologies and pleading for mercy.

I had a lot of thoughts about the writing for women in this episode (and in this season in general), but I don't know if this is the proper thread. I couldn't find a thread for women on the show, so I wasn't sure if one should be made?

If you wish to start one, feel free.

• Love 2

The North remembers indeed.  Totally expecting Sansa Stark to reunite the North (behind Bolton's back even) and I expect Theon to redeem himself helping to accomplish that.  The question is really whether Sansa stabs Roose herself or not. Hmm.

Jon was channeling Ned there.  He might not have the name, but he's definitely a Stark.

Was tough to watch Arya try to toss Needle. I'm glad she didn't do it, but I have to figure they know she didn't throw it away and how that will effect her transition to "no one".

When the maid told Sansa that the North remembers, it brought back the conversation about how on the day that the first daughter was born the bells rang joyously all day and night. Ned Stark was the "People's King" and, as far as they know, his only surviving child is the "People's Princess".  This was the smartest move LF has made to date - Sansa is a heavyweight in that kingdom and I don't think for a second that harm will come to her.  Indeed that sadistic girl who gave her the stink eye will likely meet her demise soon enough.

I was never in love with Jon but he really did channel Ned perfectly.  I kind of never forgave Ned for not legitimizing that boy especially since Robb was dumb like his mother and Jon is the boy who took after his father.  I find myself antsy to see what would happen if the Stark kids could have the benefit of even one good conversation - Sansa and Jon alive and well. Bran alive.  Rickon may well be.  No word yet of Arya but no word of her death either.  If their heads manage to get together, they could take the North back.

There is one last Stark I need to see to make my day - my year:  Arya's wolf.

Final thought stated crudely - if I gotta have a close up of lady crotch, HBO show, then  don't you dare punk out on the pickle!  If you show one, show them all.  Or don't show either (which would be fine with me since there are only about 2 men on cast who I'd care to see naked.)

• Love 4

I was so excited to see Jorah Mormont I think I squealed. Very un-ladylike.  I just love Iain Glen so damn much.

Edited by Kat
  • Love 3
I was never in love with Jon but he really did channel Ned perfectly.  I kind of never forgave Ned for not legitimizing that boy especially since Robb was dumb like his mother and Jon is the boy who took after his father.

I am pretty sure it was mom who was never, ever going to let that happen. I don't remember the exact episode, but I do remember her talking about how she felt when she found out Ned had a bastard son.  She may have eventually been okay with Jon, but I don't think there was any chance she would have been okay with Jon Stark.

Final thought stated crudely - if I gotta have a close up of lady crotch, HBO show, then  don't you dare punk out on the pickle!  If you show one, show them all.  Or don't show either (which would be fine with me since there are only about 2 men on cast who I'd care to see naked.)

Well, it doesn't have to be the members of the main cast members to even things up. None of this episode's nudity came from known characters as far as I can remember. Just pick out a bunch of guys and have them standing around naked while they're getting deloused or fitted for new slave loincloths or something.  

Edited by JTMacc99
  • Love 5

So did they feed Slynt to the Thenn prisoners? It would save a lot on rations.

I'm not even sure if Littlefinger has a plan any more. I think he just randomly does things to be sneaky. Like he has a bucket list of people he hasn't lied to yet. I think Roose Bolton thinks that, too.

I think Cersei is mostly trying to work with the sparrows because of the amount of blackmail information they have, because of Lancel.

We need Lady Olenna back. King's Landing just isn't the same any more. No Joffrey, no Tywin, no Olenna, no Varys.... and who do they have instead? Qyburn and Mace Tyrell? Please. Somebody's got to stir some shit up there. Maybe Ser Pounce will start eating sparrows.

• Love 6

I think Jon's original order to execute Janos was due to his insubordination.  But Jon does show mercy when it is rightfully deserved.  Janos didn't deserve mercy, his last words exemplified what a coward he is and one cannot have a coward leading a faction of the NW and rebuilding a ruin.  I saw disgust on Jon's face at Janos' pathetic pleas when he finally wielded his sword basically to shut up the little shit.

I'm confused about the "Franken Mountain" that has been mentioned several times in this thread.  I must have forgotten something from last season since I don't remember this coming up before and I didn't know what was on the table in Qyburn's lab till I read here. 

I also didn't get what Cersei meant when she told Marge she could ask her for anything.  Didn't sound like she was playing Margeary's game and was sounding uncharacteristically submissive to the new "Queen".

Edited by dizzyd

All we really know about FrankenMountain is:

The Mountain did not actually die when he fought Oberyn.

Qyburn was kicked out of Maesterworts for being involved in strange medical experiments.

He told Cersei that the process he was using would "change" him. 

When asked if it would make him weaker, he said "no" in a very sinister tone.

Somebody big is under a sheet, occasionally grunting and moving.

And, maybe, just maybe, he is now green, has bolts in his neck, and eats dwarf heads and rats. 

Think of the merchandising possibilities if George R. R. Martin decides to put out a breakfast cereal.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7

Btw, Marge does know that Tommen is not half stag, all lion, right? 

Yes but it's best to sweep that under the rug. If he's not The King then she's not the The Queen. Let sleeping lions lie.

• Love 7

I think they threw in Littlefinger's line to Ramsay about not knowing much about him as sort of an excuse for why Littlefinger would even consider marrying Sansa off to such a masochist. But it still doesn't really work; Littlefinger at least knows that the sigil of the Bolton house is The Flayed Man. They didn't earn that reputation for nothing. Then again maybe he let Sansa in on more of his plan during the rest of their trip to Winterfell and we just don't know it yet. In any event, it's still nice to see Sansa come full circle back to Winterfell.