Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: High Sparrow

• Start Topic

What the hell were the Faceless men doing with that corpse?

I did not read the book, but to me it is pretty clear what they are doing with the corpse.  Think about it, how can haqeen's disguises look AND feel so real ?  Those people died to serve the house of B&W, and the water that they drank had a lot to do with how pristine and intact that body in the room was. 

• Love 3

That makes sense.

I too thought they would be dressing up in his skin... but if "becoming" somebody by doing that was so easy... then Ramsay Snow would be Mystique.

Magical water? Far less of a stretch than just: "If you think hard enough about being nobody, you will just magically become a polymorph."

• Love 2

I'd rather the polymorph explanation. I can believe in White Walkers and dragons, why not more magic in Bravos? Having a real (surgical?) explanation deadens the mystique of the Faceless men.

Well, it has to be some king of magic, since Jaqeen (sp?) can do it instantly in front of people. He's not running around with several human skins in his backpack!

• Love 2

I firuged out where they were, but I agree it was a weird jump. My feeling, watching it, was that there was probably either a scene in between those two points that got cut, or the scene at Castle Swamp was originally supposed to be in a different episode from the scenes at Winterfell, and they got moved closer together. .

I think we were supposed to figure it out after Brienne said "doesn't matter, I know where they're going" [ where would that be? well, Winterfell it turns out] Also, they show them opening the gates when they arrive. I do feel like the music should have swelled tho at the moment Sansa got off her horse or she should have looked around in amazement that she's finally home or... something.

• Love 1
(edited)

There's obviously some kind of magic involved in the Faceless Men transformation

But as we've seen in Westeros almost every type of magic is blood magic and requires a sacrifice. Sometimes it's small, like a leech's worth of Gendry's blood, sometimes it's large, like Dany's unborn child. But there's always a sacrifice.

So it's probably partly actually wearing someone's skin and partly magic.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 3

There's obviously some kind of magic involved in the Faceless Men transformation

The mimetic polyalloy construction of the T-1000 allows it to replicate any object or person of similar volume that it molecularly sampled by physical contact.

• A Man is from the future
  • A Man cannot be reasoned with, or bargained with...
  • Love 6
(edited)

I hope they can just turn into anyone they want, though. It opens up some great possibilities for bringing back certain actors. "A man is going to have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1

I have less than zero sympathy for Cersei. Margaery was her choice. She had Sansa who was, at the time, meek and impressionable and clearly willing to tow the line. Even a marginal bit if kindness might have brought Sansa into the fold. Cersei was the one who spoke up and encouraged her little monster to break the engagement. Perhaps Tywin would have forced the issue given the state of their finances, but at the time Cersei was the driving factor. Besides, she is at worst being sent home. Margaery doesn't appear to be planning to kill her (yet), which means she is far better than the Lannisters who seems perfectly content to kill children when it will benefit them.

Didn't see an answer, though I may have missed it. The dire wolves were orphaned as puppies in the first episode. Each Stark child took one.

I interpreted Jorah's comment to mean Dany. We don't know if he even knows about the reward, but he has made it clear he is desperate to get back in Dany's good graces. He could have returned to King's Landing if he had any interest. He has a pardon. 

I must have hallucinated because I could have sworn Tyrion said something about Stark when he declined the offer by the prostitute. 

Speaking of Sansa, I thought the comment about consummation was interesting. Apparently, marriage rites require the ceremony plus consummation (more like common law marriage) rather than being annullable if no consummation occurs. Perhaps that explains the gross bedding ritual. I guess that means Margaery has never legally married. I am hopeful they are going somewhere good with Sansa, but I am getting sick if seeing her dragged over the coals. I don't understand why she hasn't bothered to send her brother a raven. Perhaps he would tell her about her brothers and spare her another horrible fiance. It's not like she is hiding anymore.

• Love 1