Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: High Sparrow

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis: Cersei meets the High Sparrow after learning of a clergyman's embarrassing tale. Meanwhile, Davos talks to Jon about the future of Winterfell, where Ramsay Snow has just learned the identity of his future bride; Arya grows impatient doing menial tasks in the House of Black and White; and Tyrion searches for more comfortable surroundings on a long trip with Varys.

Reminder: This is for discussion of the TV show only, no book talk allowed - including saying "but it's different in the books". Any spoiler from outside the books (i.e. next weeks preview) should be in spoiler tags.

• Love 1

NOOOO! I was wondering what marriage LF was proposing a couple weeks ago.  Should have known his plan was to make her Lady of Winterfell.  Poor Sansa, not Ramsay!  That poor girl is in for such horrors, worse than Joffrey.  What a sad homecoming.  That has got to take every ounce of restraint, pretense and mental fortitude to endure.

Oh how I love Brienne and Pod!  I hope she has some power behind her to defeat the evil magic of the God of Light and the Red Witch.

That was very biblical of the Faceless Cult to renounce all worldly possessions.   I’m intrigued as to why the man was killed, guess his time had come for Morghulis.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new Lord Commander.  I mean majorly crushing!  Good bye Janos, your end was way overdue.  Brought back memories of the first ever episode when his dad Ned beheaded the scout in one clean cut.

Why does the High Sparrow look familiar?

Tyrion really needs to learn patience especially when Cersei is chopping dwarves heads willy nilly and Jorah needs a bargaining chip.

So many thoughts, I have to rewatch.  Another great episode.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 5

JORAH!!!  

Tyrion with HONOR!!!

A man and no one!  I loved how she hid the needle ... I hope it doesn't bite her in the butt.

Do NOT like what is going on with Sansa and Ramsey, where the heck did THAT come from.  But dang if she isn't learning how to play the game.  

I about jumped out of my skin when the thing on the table in Qyburn's lab moved.  Scare the crud out of me.

The hour went by too fast.  LOVED IT!

Brienne and Pod!!!  Awwwwwww

Jon Snow doing his commanding thing ... OMG

• Love 5

Welcome to Game of Thrones Jonathan Pryce!  A worthy opponent for Cersei.

Oh Tyrion - you are really going to miss your comfortable box.

Jorah - he was going there anyway - but I imagine Tyrion will get there much faster with you.

And thank you for gagging him.

Welcome back to the show The FrankenMountain.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 4

I thought this was a much better episode than last week.  Go Margaery! Take out Cersei, you can do it. Nothing like hot passionate sex to win over a young virile king.

I fear for Sansa, but with all the Starks' people around, I cannot believe that Ramsay will dare mistreat her. Besides Stannis and Brienne are on their way to Winterfell. I doubt that marriage will last long if it happens at all.

I know it is wrong, but Jon never looked hotter than when he was marching to execute that guy. He was very much Ned in that moment. Like Ned in the premiere, no mercy only the beheading.

I am positive that Jorah is taking Tyrion to Daenerys not Cersei.

Arya's story is too slow, but I was glad that she did not throw Needle in the water.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

So Jorah is taking Tyrion to Daenerys, but what will happen to Varys.. So did Tyrion say no because he is married or because of Shae?

I have to admit, when Arya held needle over that river, I almost teared, it was a very touching moment and I thought she would throw it away. However I do believe they know she hasn't truly become "no one".

Wow Jon, I am impressed and I think so was Stannis.

For some reason, Margery manipulating Tommen just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I liked her last season, this season not so much.

• Love 3

Holy shit!  Were did they get all those emaciated people!?

A marriage between Sansa and Evil Sean Astin?  Oh, this'll end well.  Throw Evil Sean Astin's pet Torgo in the mix, and it'll be "Let the games begin".

I was sure Arya was going to throw her sword into the sea. Damn near close to crying.  But, she buried it.  And she cried.  After so long, she finally cried.

Was sure Jon was going to show mercy on that guy.  I turn my head to pick up a towel and all of a sudden I hear a sharp metallic sound and Jon's cut the guy's head off!  Jon had to do it or else he'd look weak in front of all the Night's Watch.  Still shocking, though.

Why not just give Margery a poisoned apple, Cersei?

Brienne continues to be one of the best characters on this show.  Please don't kill her off.

Lastly, you should have stayed in that wheelhouse, Tyrion.  Things would have gone simpler.  Will Daenerys welcome Jorah back, though?

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 5

Sansa better sleep with one eye open.

Psycho Hobbit's side pieces were shooting eye daggers at her.

I peeped that, I don't think Ramsey is an idiot to play his games with Sansa, but those side pieces looked pissed!

I quite enjoyed the conversation between Littlefinger and Roose.

• Love 2

Dang, poor Sansa.  I call enough for this poor girl.  She's engaged to Ramsey!  Ew,  Also, Reek/Theon obviously recognizing her was neat.  I'm concerned for her, but I have to wonder how it plays out.  I hate Roose (he killed my Robb!), but he's not stupid, is he?  Neither is littlefinger.

Re:  the North - I love that we've seen over the last couple of episodes that the people of the North (Lady Mormont, etc, etc) are not having this Bolton/Lannister bullshit.  Good for them!  The North remembers, indeed.  REALLY could have done without the flayed bodies at Winterfell.

You know, these last few episodes have been my favorite Jon episodes ever. He's doing pretty well for himself, but he's a Stark, so I'm awaiting the other shoe.

Loved seeing Pod and Brienne finally bonding.  I loved their exchange tonight.  Between him telling her that's she's a good knight and her heartbreaking story of why she loved, yet accepted, Renly, I just adored all of it.

Margeary is my favorite.  I loved everything about her this episode.  The people of the capital screaming for her, her wedding night with sweet Tommen (such a teenage boy...you know, because he is a teenage boy), her conversation with her ladies in wait and he BRILLIANT conversation with Cersei.  Shit was genius.  I have a fairly awful mother in law and a meanspirited part of myself loved the hell out of that exchange.

Oh, Tyrion.  You should have stayed in the caravan, dude. 

My heart hurt when I thought Arya was going to throw Needle into the ocean.  It is all the child has left of her family. 

• Love 8

So there is a Stark at Winterfell again.  I liked that moment between her and the maid - the North remembers! 

I just can't with Ramsey and Theon, though, so I curse Littlefinger for bringing us back to them. 

• Love 6

"Welcome home Lady Stark. The North Remembers". Gave me chills! I can't see them going down that road again with Sansa, hopefully she can tame Ramsey until Stannis shows up. Or maybe Sansa and Theon team up.

Maisie broke my heart tonight with her tears over needle. She looked like a little girl again.

• Love 5

For some reason I thought Tommen was about thirteen years old.  It would seem I'm wrong.  Can anyone fill me in?  Also, since Margaery comes from a great house, I would assume she was still a virgin.  But she's always seemed very sexually mature - back when she was advising Sansa about her marriage to Tyrion.  It certainly didn't seem to be her first time, and she was very comfortable sharing her night with the king to all the ladies.

I was confused at first in the brothel.  The camera angle made me think the prostitute was pregnant, and that's why he was refusing her.

I really like Jorah.  I sure hope he's not in cahoots with Cersei.

Do NOT like what is going on with Sansa and Ramsey, where the heck did THAT come from.  But dang if she isn't learning how to play the game.  

Poor Sansa.  I hope she evolves more into a Margaery than another Cersei.  I am not understanding LF's motivation at this point.  I thought he wanted Sansa for himself, yet he's willing to turn her over to a monster.  Is his motivation vengeance for Catelyn's murder?  My only hope is that he's about to pull a Tyrell and murder Ramsey before he can get his sadistic hands on Sansa.  Please don't let her get pregnant with a Bolton.  It looks like Theon may get enough courage to warn her, but will she distrust him for his betrayal?

For some reason, Margery manipulating Tommen just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I liked her last season, this season not so much.

LH is good.  I actually felt empathy for Cersei and that's new for me.  She seemed almost fearful of Margaery.  And I was a little disappointed in Margaery's behavior. I want her to get the best of Cersei, but she's showing a cruel side.  She is getting pretty cocky.  Mocking Cersei and laughing with the ladies doesn't seem a smart thing to do - especially when it's deliberately within her hearing.

• Love 6

It's kind of a race to see who can come out on top in the struggle for Winterfell.    Stannis/Mel/Davos plan on seizing the Castle with their forces, Roose/Ramsay plan on using what forces they have to hold it (hoping the betrothal/alliance with Littlefinger the tentative Head of the Vale will aide), and LF and Sansa are conspiring to gain control from within.   This is going to get SOOOOOO messy.   You can tell Sansa has been a resident of Kings Landing, she utterly LOATHES Roose Bolton but her "Lord Bolton" with the courtsey was delivered perfectly.   "Sansa" was trending world wide.

And though he's a monster it was interesting to see how LF talked her into it.   Telling her terrible things have been done to her family and she can huddle in a dark room and mourn for them or take action.   There is know justice unless you take it.   It'll be interesting to see what these two get up to.

Cersei and Margaery.   My dear Margaery do NOT overplay your hand.   Definitely plot to give Cersei her comeuppance but don't dance until she's REALLY done.   Her needling her just seemed like it was waving a red flag in front of a Bull.   And the look on Cersei's face as she walks away listening to Margaery and her Ladies laughing does not bode well.

Qyburn is SOOOOO Creepy and so are his experiments.   Can't believe Cersei is signing off on that.

Another point of interest for me, is just how many of Melissandre's cult/religion are out there.   That woman Tyrion saw, it's like we have another faction vying for control of EVERYTHING, they are in Westeros and Dany's part of the world.

Really good episode.

• Love 6

Why was there a need to actually show Tommen and Margaery in bed? Couldn't we get the gist of it from her talk the next morning? It felt like shock value. Natalie Dormer spoke of her discomfort with the scene last season where she was supposed to kiss Tommen - was this somehow their way of making sure she got the message? 

LH is good.  I actually felt empathy for Cersei and that's new for me.  She seemed almost fearful of Margaery.  And I was a little disappointed in Margaery's behavior. I want her to get the best of Cersei, but she's showing a cruel side.  She is getting pretty cocky.  Mocking Cersei and laughing with the ladies doesn't seem a smart thing to do - especially when it's deliberately within her hearing.

They've repeatedly made Margaery look like an idiot, with her taunting Cersei (and this was not the first time), and her allowing Loras to troll for dick in the local brothels. And they've also taken away most of her savvy by making it clear that her main skill with Tommen is that she's a sexy lady. 

I don't know why the show has such an odd disdain for the Tyrells, and I say that as someone who loves watching Cersei and often feels pity for her even when I shouldn't.

• Love 1

Jorah - he was going there anyway - but I imagine Tyrion will get there much faster with you..

I thought he was taking him back to Danerys as a way to regain her trust somehow. Ugh I really don't want Tyrion going back to Kings Landing. Was eagerly awaiting Tyrion, Varys and Danerys. Something totally different and new.

I am horrified for Sansa. Absolutely horrified. Like I felt sick to my stomach for her. What will happen with Theon/Reek? Will be warn her? And that sick brunette girl who shot the blonde with the arrow due to jealously.

Sansa has become one of my favorite characters. I really do not want to see her back to a position of weakness being abused by a deranged, vile man.

I would like to believe that Littlefinger would not do this if he knew how sick Ramsey is but I'm not so sure. But he did make that comment about not knowing anything about Ramsey.

Jon was amazing. I'm happy he didn't let his compassion get the best of him. He needed to be head Janos. What was the significant of Stannis watching?

• Love 1

Jon was amazing. I'm happy he didn't let his compassion get the best of him. He needed to be head Janos. What was the significant of Stannis watching?

I think it was for Stannis to acknowledge to him that he was now the leader Stannis wanted him to be.

• Love 1

The North remembers indeed.  Totally expecting Sansa Stark to reunite the North (behind Bolton's back even) and I expect Theon to redeem himself helping to accomplish that.  The question is really whether Sansa stabs Roose herself or not. Hmm.

Jon was channeling Ned there.  He might not have the name, but he's definitely a Stark.

Was tough to watch Arya try to toss Needle. I'm glad she didn't do it, but I have to figure they know she didn't throw it away and how that will effect her transition to "no one".

• Love 4

In other thoughts...

- I'm glad to finally see some depth to Brienne's story again, and to see her treat Pod with more basic decency. That Gwendoline Christie is such a striking woman just makes the whole "ha ha Brienne the Beauty" arc more poignant, in some odd way, because many who are called ugly are beautiful, they just don't fit society's standards. 

- Really glad to see that Jon's story continues to be strong and shapes the character, and that Slynt was a coward to the end. 

- Still don't care about Tyrion and glad his airtime was relatively brief. I hope Jorah will get my interest.

- I'm reminded of why I prefer sparing use of Jaqen. Too much becomes ponderous late-season BSG riddle-talking. It's nice to see Arya (and viewers) reminded that she really has a long way to go, but I just have very limited interest. But the scene where Arya couldn't give up Needle was one of her strongest in quite a while. 

- Does anyone sum up this show more than a very tense, powerful scene (Jon beheading Slynt) immediately panning to closeups of random naked women displaying themselves for a dirty old man?

- A+ for Jon/Davos interaction.

- I felt queasy when Sansa was begging Littlefinger not to make her go with the Boltons. How did this story so quickly become another chapter in Sansa being debased and used by various men? And again I will ask just how stupid is this man? I'd love to say this will end with Sansa having some strength or power, but I just can't trust it.

• Love 2

That scene with Tommen and Margary must have been uncomfortable and I imagine why did didn't go topless. Normally Natalie does so I'm guessing it was the actor's age.

She felt more Anne Bolyen here taunting Cersei as soon as she gained power.

Natalie is so much prettier than Margary. They should play to her physical beauty more .

• Love 1

The North remembers indeed.  Totally expecting Sansa Stark to reunite the North (behind Bolton's back even) and I expect Theon to redeem himself helping to accomplish that.  The question is really whether Sansa stabs Roose herself or not. Hmm.

Jon was channeling Ned there.  He might not have the name, but he's definitely a Stark.

Was tough to watch Arya try to toss Needle. I'm glad she didn't do it, but I have to figure they know she didn't throw it away and how that will effect her transition to "no one".

I agree, I feel this storyline is different as the plan seems to be setting up Sansa to take charge here and take out the Boltons.  Littlefinger probably figured it out as a way to get himself a bit more power.  Plus it seems like he got all he could from the Lanisters so time for him to acquire power from the North.  It's not like the Lanisters are in any shape to really do anything about it.

I really do hope this will be about giving Sansa agency.  I mean she saw how LF had Jofrey taken out, he give her all the details.  I wouldn't be surprised if she takes on a bit more of Arya's traits here.

What a great episode!

I was LMAO at how happy Tommen was!  And then he asked Cersei wouldn't she be happier in Casterly Rock!  Yeah, it was funny as hell, but I dread Cersei's retribution because it will be over-the-top cruel with innocent people getting hurt.

Ooh, I hate the Boltons so much! The only up-side to Sansa's story line is that she's got people watching her back.  Jon is gonna be pissed when he hears about this engagement.  Maybe Theon will redeem himself in some way to help the Starks kill Roose and Ramsey and re-take Winterfell.

When Jon said, "You mistake me, my lord" I knew it was over for Janos. No way was Jon gonna take any lip. Loved it when Sir Alister didn't know him anymore.

Yay, Lord Commander Snow!

• Love 2

So, Margaery finally got to have sex with one her husbands... four times, actually!  I know the actor playing Tommen is over 18 now, but I still wonder if his age is why it was tame for this show's standards, and there wasn't actually any nudity.  Either that, or Natalie Dormer is putting her foot down all "Listen, guys.  If you keep parading these various naked ladies around, but only counter it with old male ass, then my stuff is staying covered!"  That said, I actually do think Margaery likes Tommen on some levels.  Even when she was gossiping with her fellow ladies, she sounded like she found him more endearing, then annoying.

That said, as much as I love her, I really fear she overplayed her hand with Cersei.  I geit it, Marg.  Cersei was horrible to you, and really doesn't deserve much sympathy.  But, she is very, very vindictive.  And, she will find some way, any way, to try and thwart you. Which, is what I think it happening with her warming up to these Sparrow guys.  I'm sure she's got a plan for them.  Jonathan Pryce as High Sparrow was awesome.  That man knows how to class things up.

Oh, Sansa.  She really never can win on this show, can she?  I thought Joffery couldn't be beat.  But, I honestly think being engaged to Ramsay is much, much worse.  At least Tyrion had been around to try to put some kind of leash on The Joff.  Here, Roose is probably more likely to be all "Hey, whatever floats your boat, my son.  Just keep it quite!" about it.  I guess there is Littlefinger, but it sounds like he doesn't know how fucked up Ramsay is, which surprises me.  Either way, the Boltons returning is probably going to be bad for business.  But, I guess if Tywin is gone for good, I'm always up for Roose to replace him as my favorite cold, calculating creep.

Hi, Reek!

Jon Snow taking care of business!  I loved it.  At least Alister knows when to keep his mouth shut. But, nope: Janos disrespects Jon in front of everyone, and pays the price.  I think it would have happened, even if Stannis and Davos's conversation with him never happened.  To win over the men of the Nightswatch, you have to commit.  As Mike from Breaking Bad would say, no half measures.

Assassin school isn't as fun as Arya hoped.  Kind of reminded me of The Karate Kid, only in a bleaker setting, Daniel is now a pint-size, mouthy girl, and Mr. Miagoi as gotten a whole lot younger (and, from what I've been told, sexier.)  I'm glad she just hid Needle for now, and then toss it.  Maintaining some of her self still.  And, a reminder of the good times, before Arya was forced into running, and Jon has to deal with the crazies of The Wall.

Tyrion was totally becoming like one of those obnoxious people on airplanes, who won't leave their windows alone, huh?  He really is the traveler from hell.  And, now thanks to his carelessness, Jorah (yay, Jorah!) has captured him, and is planning on bring him to Dany to try and win her good will again.  This should be fun!

Surprisingly enjoyed the Brienne/Podrick scene.  He wasn't perfect, but Renly did sound like a decent fellow.  Too bad decent guys really don't fare well in this place.

Hey, Tatsu Yamashiro moved from her cabin around Nanda Parbat to Volantis and became a Red Priestess!

Ha, yeah, when I saw her, I was totally like "Wait, that's totally Tatsu?!"  I'm choosing to believe Maseo was somewhere near-by.

• Love 1

It had to be deliberate on the writers' part.  I felt like I was watching season one, episode one again.  Jon/Ned talking about, "Winter is coming".  And Jon/Ned doing their duty in executing a man, yet not enjoying it.  Bran was supposed to be learning that lesson from Ned, but Jon did as well.

It was also an interesting comparison to Daenaerys last week - executing a man even though there are cries for mercy.

• Love 4

Any episode that focuses on my beloved Starks is an excellent episode in my eyes. And I loved this one!

OMG, Littlefinger what have you done?! How could he deliver Sansa into the hands of the depraved Boltons? I was as horrified as Sansa when he told her she's to marry Ramsay. I've wanted a Stark back in Winterfell for so long, but not like this. NOT LIKE THIS. I fear for what awaits Sansa. I don't understand how Littlefinger, who knows everything about everyone, has never heard any rumors of Ramsay and his sadistic ways. Maybe he really doesn't care for Sansa and this is one last act of revenge on Ned & Cat. Sansa, to her credit, handled things with a fortitude I didn't know she had. The staredown she gave Roose and then the sweet greeting right after made me want to applaud her. Seeing her walking around Winterfell reminded me of Cat in S1. I can't wait to see her and Theon come face-to-face after all these years.

Lord Commander Jon Snow makes me swoon. But I agree with Stannis, his stubbornness & honor is going to get him killed - just like Ned. I'm really loving the scenes between Jon & Stannis. I know Stannis is rigid and cold (he of the "personality of a lobster") but he seems almost paternal towards Jon. How I wish he'd shown up before Jon took his vows so they could march on Winterfell together and Jon could become Jon Stark. ::sigh::

I loved watching Jon dole out orders in the mess hall. But I think it's a mistake keeping Alliser around. LOL Janos, though, thinking Thorne would protect him from Jon's justice. Just as Sansa reminded me of Cat, Jon reminded me of Ned during Janos's execution. "Olly bring me my sword". YES! He who passes the sentence, must swing the sword. See Dany, you could learn a thing or two from the Starks. Jon cut quite the figure as he strode down from the mess hall to the courtyard. Again: swoon.

So Brienne still has it out for Stannis and is heading for Winterfell in pursuit of Sansa. And Stannis is heading to Winterfell to oust the Boltons. Oh dear, I'm sensing a confrontation in their near future. There's no way Brienne can win that.

Arya's training so far is dull but I get why Jaqen is doing it. She's really not as tough as she thinks she is and she's really not entitled to anything. I honestly thought she was going to throw Needle into the water and breathed a sigh of relief when she hid it. As she stood there agonizing about Needle (which BTW, great job, Maisie) all I could think about was the scene when Jon gave it to her. "Stick 'em with the pointy end". These faceless men frighten me and I hope they don't punish Arya if (when?) they discover she's holding on to one thing from her past. 

Cersei, the High Sparrow, and the High Septon bore me. Amazing how uninteresting King's Landing became with Tywin's death and Tyrion's departure. Nothing horrified me more this episode than seeing a naked, panting Tommen in bed with a woman twice his age. I still like Margaery and am rooting for her against Cersei but I don't ever want to see her touching her child husband in such a disturbing intimate manner again. Yuck.

Oh Tyrion, you should have never gotten out of that carriage. I found him oddly hot in the brothel. Hi, Jorah. Still moping about Dany, huh? And now he thinks Tyrion will be his ticket to getting back in her good graces. Unless he means Cersei. Either way, Tyrion you are screwed. Should've followed Varys's orders. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 3

Seriously teared up when Arya stood there holding Needle and crying. I was hoping she wouldn't throw it in the water but she's going to have to eventually.

Oh Sansa. At least this decision is somewhat of her own free will, although with a REALLY REALLY shitty lack of information -- and god she can play the game. How regal did she look, sweeping past Reek? Cannot wait until that confrontation. "The North Remembers," indeed.

Littlefinger is an evil genius.

As much as I enjoyed the Cersei smackdown, it was clear that Margaery went too far. Cersei won't go down without a fight and being taunted is only making her more dangerous.

Loved horny teenage Tommen. Mom can rule while he stays in the bedchambers all day and night, shagging his hot wife in 3-minute increments.

• Love 4

Loved Jon this episode. Jon getting justice for his father without even really knowing he did. He's so Ned like, I wish still Jon would take the Stark name. 

I was saying outloud for Arya to not throw Needle away, I was so happy she hid and buried it. 

Poor Sansa.  

Littlefinger may get on the wrong side of Roose and Ramsey and get himself killed or worse (flayed).  And I'm okay with that.  Roose was very clear with Littlefinger that with Tywin dead his Lannister support is gone, and there's nothing more he can do for Roose now that Sansa's back in Winterfell.  Littlefinger said he held the Vail, but he's not there right now, and Robin, the Lord of the Vail, is under the control of the other Lords who might have decided that THEY hold the Vail themselves.

Ha, after four seasons of Cersei dishing out the bitchiness to everyone in sight, I love watching Margaery throwing shade every which way at Cersei. Part of me feels for Cersei because it's obvious she loves her children and that she was terrified while talking to Margaery, but I can squash that small part easily by remembering all the shit Cersei has pulled.

Tommen's enthusiasm for sex was hilarious, but I feel bad that he is being so easily manipulated by Margaery.

Poor Sansa. First Joffrey and now Ramse? I hope one day she realizes how good she had it with Tyrion, the only non-psycho in the bunch.

I was cracking up at Arya's Cinderella/Karate Kid routine. I will be interested to learn more about drinking the water and dying. When Jaqen first gave the bowl of water to that guy, I thought it would be Magical Face Changing Water but then he keeled over so I guess not. I am glad that Arya only hid Needle instead of throwing it in the water. The look on her face was one of the first times we have seen sadness from her (as opposed to anger or impatience, her two default settings, which are understandable considering all that she's been through).

Awww, I love that Brienne is finally taking Podrick seriously as her squire. It is in both of their best interests if they are going to stay together. At least this way she won't have to worry about him as much.

I'm not surprised that Jon turned down Stannis's offer. Sometimes he really is his father's son. You'd think that Mr. By the Book Stannis, of all people, would understand Jon's insistence on not breaking his oath.

Damn, Jon is not playing. I loved that he chopped off Janos Slynt's stupid whiny head.

• Love 2

Jon Snow is Ned 2.0! Way to pass that sentence and swing that sword. Bloody stump ahoy! Love that he's taking Olly under his wing, like Mormont did for him. He is so badass at being Lord Commander, though Stannos is so not finished trying to convince him, not by a longshot.

RIP Janos Slynt, j/k I mean hahahahahahaaa screw you ya douche. How fitting that his last words basically recounted what a coward he is and has always been.

Jorah, you better be taking Tyrion to Dany and not Cersei or you are dead to me.

I actually didn't pick up that they were at Winterfell and not at Moat Cailin, until reading it here. 

I do not not not want her to marry Ramsay Bolton and I hope Brienne intervenes.

Margaery's wedding hair was all kinds of awesome. I loved how her dress was Marie Antoinette-esque with the side panniers, as opposed to her slinkier Purple Wedding dress from, like, ten minutes ago. Hey, at least she gets to model all sorts of Westerosi bridal trends. 

• Love 5

Tyrion, are you TRYING to get caught? "I was one of the richest men." "I pay my debts. I'm well-known for it." Not sure which queen Jorah was referring to, though. I hope it's Danaerys and not Cersei! 

The priestess referred to the Dragon Queen. Did I miss something? What have Mel and her followers got to do with the Targaeryans?

• Love 4

For some reason I thought Tommen was about thirteen years old.  It would seem I'm wrong.  Can anyone fill me in?  Also, since Margaery comes from a great house, I would assume she was still a virgin.  But she's always seemed very sexually mature - back when she was advising Sansa about her marriage to Tyrion.  It certainly didn't seem to be her first time, and she was very comfortable sharing her night with the king to all the ladies.

Why can't he be 13 and have sex with his wife? He was sitting on his mama's lap only a couple seasons ago, and needed Tywin to explain the birds and the bees to him after Joff died. If he's been SORASed to older than 13, he seems pretty immature for his age to me.

That was your big plan, Marg? Get Tommen to ask Cersei if she wants to leave? Someone still has a lot to learn from her grandmother. Though, I liked the crack about not having any wine for Cersei because it was a bit early for them. 

So Jorah is taking Tyrion to Daenerys, but what will happen to Varys.. So did Tyrion say no because he is married or because of Shae?

Married to a girl who never wanted him and who he has no reason to expect to ever see again? Bad memories with his last sexual partner make a lot more sense to me. I kinda love that Tyrion murdered his father, knows he's no longer really a lord, has a price on his head from his sister, and still goes on about being rich and always paying his debts. He'll always be a Lannister, sad as that may be.

I don't get how Littlefinger can be all about knowing men and distrusting everyone and not have bothered to check up on Ramsay. Knifey McFlayerson has never shown much self-restraint before.

I'm annoyed that Olly's had lines this season before Dolorous Edd, but otherwise the Wall scenes were great. Hard not to have Janos Slynt's beheading be awesome. Jon may not know it, but he just avenged his family in some small way by killing a man who betrayed Ned.

The priestess referred to the Dragon Queen. Did I miss something? What have Mel and her followers got to do with the Targaeryans?

Dragons do bring fire, which the Lord of Light should like. Mel isn't the Red Popess, think of it as any major religion with different factions and beliefs. Somehow Melly latched onto Stan, but Dany really makes a lot more sense as a fire god's messiah.  

• Love 3