Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Surprise Surprise

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I think Dawn hit the nail on the head when she said C&T need to think about what's best for Carly, and not what's best for them or makes them feel good or sleep better at night. Tyler is 100% concerned about Tyler and his fauxlebrity. When you say to B&T that you post things because you're feeling vindictive, he shows just how immature he is. He is not looking out for Carly's best interests. If C&T were, they'd have to ask if this open adoption is still what's best for Carly, or what ground rules do they need to have in place to keep it that way. Tyler talks all the time about wanting B&T to feel what it's like to walk in his shoes. He never stops and says, "when Nova is born, would I be cool with B&T posting her pictures publicly?" Because in actuality, it's the same damn thing.

I get your logic here but I think it would be totally lost on Tyler.

He's such a famewhore that he'd probably be fine with Brandon & Theresa posting Nova's pics on social media as long as their accounts were set to public, they had hundreds of thousands of followers, they tagged him in it, and he could share their posts (and that they didn't post anything he wanted to try to sell to a magazine first): Anything that would let this famewhore be more of a famewhore.

I used to think Farrah was the biggest famewhore of TM. Nope, it's Tyler. (I'll also add that as messed up and vile as she is, at least Farrah has a good work ethic, even if her career field of choice is questionable.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6

Hey now! I come from an extremely dysfunctional family and I had 2 kids by age 20. My baby will be 30 this year. I was very responsible and raised them alone.

I don't think the age has anything to do with it. At 20 I was more mature and responsible than the people who raised me.

Right. You were different and you had a different mind-set from what you have shared with me and this board. This particular family member has a long way to go with regards to being mature. She is in an abusive relationship, and her kids are watching all of this play out. They are living rent free with family members because they are being enabled. No one is pushing them to do the right thing by their kids. The father uses meth. I don't think you exposed your kids to the risks of meth. There are plenty of people who had kids young and made proper choices in life such as you. Then, you have people like C&T who had more than enough time to get careers or at least get decent jobs. They pissed away five years!

• Love 4

Hey i don't know if yall ever read your messages. But I wanted to tell yall your new baby girl is do beautiful and yall are very good parents! And I hope I don't upset yall but I also wanted to yall that it absolutely crushes my heart when yall only get to be with Carly once a year. It hurts me so much i cried last night. I know I'm just a huge fan and I'm nobody but yall are really good parents and yall deserve to have Carly back or get some kind of visitions with her. I don't know anything about open adoption but yall deserve to have your baby back. I hope one day yall can all be a family together the 4 of yall. :)

The above post is from facebook.  God, are people this stupid?  No wonder Tyler thinks he deserves to have a say in Carly's life.  Um no.  I hate that stupid people feed Tyler's stupid attitude.

Please tell me someone else on FB smacked all that right down!

• Love 4

The picture is not current and I believe was taken during the time when B&T were still allowing face-shots of Carly during filming of the show, but I deleted the link anyway just in case....but I can't edit your quote which also has the link in it. Do you mind editing it out? My apologies.

Ok, but the picture is from two years ago, so I don't really think it's an issue. One of the things that stood out for me was when Teresa said (in regards to Tyler's accusation of the double standard when B & T posed with Carly for a parenting magazine cover) that it's not necessarily that they don't want to post pics, but, as Carly's parents, they get to control all of that. So....I think they either posted that pic, or were ok with it. I'm guessing that it's more of an issue now because a) Carly's getting older; and b) Tyler started posting pics and slide shows left and right.

• Love 3

I loved the armchair philosophers in Amber's life. "Your heart was in prison and your relationship with Gary is like a storm". They were real poetical.  Also laughing at Farrah talking about being real. Her big, fake moon face scares me and I live in Los Angeles! Even here she would be considered a little extreme. 

• Love 8

I am down with the Larry love too. He hugged Maci and said I love you! He is awesome.

I think Gary's mom does a lot of the heavy lifting for Leah but geez her make up gun set to whore.

Oh come on, it was Halloween. She was trying to be a hippy or something, with that white peasant top. She just - like a lot of women I know who aren't too confident in their bodies including myself a few times - was doing most of her costume with exaggerated makeup and not so much with the actual clothing. Only then you use your own clothing or something else simple and then no one even realizes you're in costume and just thinks your makeup is over the top or, in her case, absolutely terrible. Only at this point, I just gave up, got depressed, washed it off and stayed home, so props to her for not doing that, I guess? 

edit: I want it known that nothing I ever tried looked like that though. 

Edited by this is not a user
  • Love 2

I just came across this and posted it in C&T's thread but in case you go only look at the episode threads, this is an interesting read on a birth mom site about Tyler's adoption regrets. Tyler has gotten into it with the writers on that site before. I'm not saying I agree with everything the writer & commenters are saying, but it is interesting.

http://www.firstmotherforum.com/2015/04/tyler-baltierras-adoption-regrets.html

ETA: one of the commenters there (not me, I promise) copied and pasted one of my previous posts about C&T in the comments. Small world (wide web)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic

I don't think there are any threads in here for the TM3 girls, in fact I dunno if there's any TM3 board at all. To be honest the only one I really remember was Briana, whose daughter was named Nova.. but all she ever seemed to do was sit on her couch and bitch with her mother and sister about men, and being strong women.

• Love 3

Farrah is hard to look at. She looks like a Bratz doll that was left too close to a heat source and started to melt. Looks like her Mom had a facelift too. As for Jen and Larry, I think over time they have come to love Maci because they know she is the one doing the heavy lifting in the parenting equation. I think in earlier seasons, when things got contentious, they obviously sided with Rhaaaaan, because they figured both kids were immature and equally at fault. Over time, however, they got to see that their kid is an immature dickhead, who uses them as a babysitting service while he makes no attempt to grow up, better himself or act like a parent.

Edited by The Evil One
  • Love 8

Right. You were different and you had a different mind-set from what you have shared with me and this board. This particular family member has a long way to go with regards to being mature. She is in an abusive relationship, and her kids are watching all of this play out. They are living rent free with family members because they are being enabled. No one is pushing them to do the right thing by their kids. The father uses meth. I don't think you exposed your kids to the risks of meth. There are plenty of people who had kids young and made proper choices in life such as you. Then, you have people like C&T who had more than enough time to get careers or at least get decent jobs. They pissed away five years!

You're so right. Abuse and his meth use is what made me get my kids the hell out of there. Their "father" died about a year after I left him when the meth lab he and his friend started blew up.

I feel bad for the kids in your post. They'll grow up thinking abuse is normal in relationships.

• Love 1

Maybe it's just me but Larry, while he seems nice, also seems half in the bag most of the time.

Why are they discussing Macis pregnancy/Bentleys reaction to it and his possible sibling issues over it on camera while Bentley is there? He is 6, he understands plenty. None of the parents crap should be discussed in front of these children. I'm kind of glad Ryan walked off camera.

Look how concerned Sophia was about her mother being upset, while production and Farrah and Deborah got into it. The kids are being affected by all this stuff. That's wrong.

• Love 7

Oh come on, it was Halloween. She was trying to be a hippy or something, with that white peasant top. She just - like a lot of women I know who aren't too confident in their bodies including myself a few times - was doing most of her costume with exaggerated makeup and not so much with the actual clothing. Only then you use your own clothing or something else simple and then no one even realizes you're in costume and just thinks your makeup is over the top or, in her case, absolutely terrible. Only at this point, I just gave up, got depressed, washed it off and stayed home, so props to her for not doing that, I guess?

edit: I want it known that nothing I ever tried looked like that though.

Are you serious?? I am kind of doubting your theory that Carol was in a costume for Halloween. I would like to think Carol wouldn't make up her face like that on purpose in an attempt to look good on camera, but I don't remember her clothing looking anything out of the ordinary to warrant a "costume" and "clown makeup". Although, I'd love to be wrong here bc she was hideous.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 2

Why are they discussing Macis pregnancy/Bentleys reaction to it and his possible sibling issues over it on camera while Bentley is there? He is 6, he understands plenty. None of the parents crap should be discussed in front of these children. I'm kind of glad Ryan walked off camera.

Look how concerned Sophia was about her mother being upset, while production and Farrah and Deborah got into it. The kids are being affected by all this stuff. That's wrong.

Right?! I can't believe the conversations they have in front of these kids!

• Love 1

Are you serious?? I am kind of doubting your theory that Carol was in a costume for Halloween. I would like to think Carol wouldn't make up her face like that on purpose in an attempt to look good on camera, but I don't remember her clothing looking anything out of the ordinary to warrant a "costume" and "clown makeup". Although, I'd love to be wrong here bc she was hideous.

Seemed as reasonable an explanation as anything else, since she's been shown many times on the show and never seems to wear makeup, and again, it was Halloween. I thought I saw her hair different too, and she was wearing those Lennon glasses. She seems like a decent enough of a person to give her the benefit of the doubt, anyway.

Edited by this is not a user

So I just watched the big Tyler/Catelyn and B&T showdown. B&T came across as just the sweetest people to me. Even with mega douche Tyler coming at them and being a huge baby, Teresa never lost her cool. If anything she tried to empathize with douchelord and see things from his perspective. Kudos to Cate for admitting she's screwed up in the past. But she needs to smavk Tyler every tine he refers to Carly as his kid

• Love 7

Seemed as reasonable an explanation as anything else, since she's been shown many times on the show and never seems to wear makeup, and again, it was Halloween. I thought I saw her hair different too, and she was wearing those Lennon glasses. She seems like a decent enough of a person to give her the benefit of the doubt, anyway.

She dyed her hair quite dark which made the contrast to everything else going on unflattering bc normally she's pretty heavily gray with a color more similar to Kristina's hair color. I agree that Carol is a very nice woman. I wish someone, maybe Amber, had said something to her without embarrassing her and helped her to tone the makeup down before they filmed. Anyway, Carol's makeup was the least offensive thing going on in Amber's segment the other night. Gary and Amber made themselves look far more hideous and you can't scrub that off with soap and water!

• Love 2

I wanted to spray Tyler in the face with water from a squirt gun like you do to cats to discourage them from scratching furniture every time he said "My" child. No Tyler she's not yours. Her parents are Brandon and Theresa. And wow are they calm and rational. Tyler deserved a huge smackdown and instead they coddled him.  Gary is a huge douchebag. I still agree that Kristina got pregnant on purpose and as much as that baffles us normal people, some women truly believe that a baby will keep a man around.  Lady I work with (poor delusional thing) had her husband cheat on her an she found out. He said he quit seeing the girlfriend but like a year later turned out he still was seeing her and she was pregnant. Lady I work with was devastated (they had no kids of their own). Girl had the kid and hubby left wife for her for a few months or something then came back to wife. Wife got "accidently" knocked up thinking that would make her husband stop cheating and stay around. Honey, he didn't stick with his baby mama and sure enough he didn't stick with her. He left both of them for some even younger woman and now lady I work with is a single parent basically raising the kid alone.  Children do not ensure a mate will stick around. But yet it happens every day that people get pregnant thinking it will prolong their relationship.  Kristina probably liked her life while Amber was in prison because Gary had no use for Amber. He didn't even bother to visit her.  Then Amber was released and Kristina sees Amber as a threat. So whoops the brand of my birth control changed (which has nothing to do with its effectiveness!)

Maci doing a safe sex talk is ridiculous! Not only is she knocked up again and it was "accidental"  She also wasn't practicing safe sex as far as diseases. She was in a long distance relationship and she hadn't known the guy very long yet wasn't using condoms. Not very smart.

I think Tyler thinks he is right because of all the morons he has as followers. People just don't even make sense in their adoration. I have a family member who is fostering a baby girl. The girl's mother lost custody of her first THREE kids and was found to be using drugs while pregnant. So the state removed the baby.  The birth mother has supposedly been clean for like two months, lives off of welfare, refuses to get a job and all she does is post pictures of her daughter that my family member is raising and paying for (foster system gives her like $200 a month) and talk about how  much she misses all four of her children.  Then she posts drama about her latest druggie boyfriends, pics of her drunk at bars etc.  Yet she has so many people posting positive comments about how she's the best mom ever (she's lost 3 of her kids permanently!)  and how they know her daughter loves her and she deserves to get her back because she can give her so much love and a good life. Um my family member has a stable home, a career and two kids of her own. She can give her a stable life. Yet all these friends an followers of this addict act like she's the worlds best mom ever! And how dare the system take away her child. So I'm sure Tyler gets TONS of reinforcement that he's in the right. People amaze me.

• Love 5

Maci doing a safe sex talk is ridiculous! Not only is she knocked up again and it was "accidental"  She also wasn't practicing safe sex as far as diseases. She was in a long distance relationship and she hadn't known the guy very long yet wasn't using condoms. Not very smart.

I think Tyler thinks he is right because of all the morons he has as followers. People just don't even make sense in their adoration.

Yeah, Maci is less of a "follow my example" and really more of a cautionary tale. I would be surprised if she and Taylor ever get married. She's going to be like an acquaintance of mine, with two kids from two exes, and every holiday season is a battle because she's got to work out an agreement with two exes instead of one, and all three come from families that like to change plans. The odds of her getting to celebrate Christmas at the same time with both of her sons is pretty nil (ex #1 lives in a different state). I am not even sure we'll get to see Taylor's fathering skills in action- I don't know if we're going to see another season of Teen Mom after this snoozefest.

As far as Tyler and his "fans"- I realize a lot of 12 year olds aren't necessarily critical thinkers, but that one insipid fan who said C&T deserved Carly back- really? Really? So, because in your estimation, two people are likeable and relatable, you think a 6 year old girl should be taken from her family and live with two idiots who can't hold down a job or complete one semester of school and who's big ambition in life is to try to appear on any reality show that will have them? I wish that kind of thinking would have C&T scratching their heads like, who are these people? but I am guessing they are totally validated by them.

• Love 5

I wanted to spray Tyler in the face with water from a squirt gun like you do to cats to discourage them from scratching furniture every time he said "My" child. No Tyler she's not yours. Her parents are Brandon and Theresa. And wow are they calm and rational. Tyler deserved a huge smackdown and instead they coddled him.  Gary is a huge douchebag. I still agree that Kristina got pregnant on purpose and as much as that baffles us normal people, some women truly believe that a baby will keep a man around.  Lady I work with (poor delusional thing) had her husband cheat on her an she found out. He said he quit seeing the girlfriend but like a year later turned out he still was seeing her and she was pregnant. Lady I work with was devastated (they had no kids of their own). Girl had the kid and hubby left wife for her for a few months or something then came back to wife. Wife got "accidently" knocked up thinking that would make her husband stop cheating and stay around. Honey, he didn't stick with his baby mama and sure enough he didn't stick with her. He left both of them for some even younger woman and now lady I work with is a single parent basically raising the kid alone.  Children do not ensure a mate will stick around. But yet it happens every day that people get pregnant thinking it will prolong their relationship.  Kristina probably liked her life while Amber was in prison because Gary had no use for Amber. He didn't even bother to visit her.  Then Amber was released and Kristina sees Amber as a threat. So whoops the brand of my birth control changed (which has nothing to do with its effectiveness!)

I think Tyler thinks he is right because of all the morons he has as followers. People just don't even make sense in their adoration. I have a family member who is fostering a baby girl. The girl's mother lost custody of her first THREE kids and was found to be using drugs while pregnant. So the state removed the baby.  The birth mother has supposedly been clean for like two months, lives off of welfare, refuses to get a job and all she does is post pictures of her daughter that my family member is raising and paying for (foster system gives her like $200 a month) and talk about how  much she misses all four of her children.  Then she posts drama about her latest druggie boyfriends, pics of her drunk at bars etc.  Yet she has so many people posting positive comments about how she's the best mom ever (she's lost 3 of her kids permanently!)  and how they know her daughter loves her and she deserves to get her back because she can give her so much love and a good life. Um my family member has a stable home, a career and two kids of her own. She can give her a stable life. Yet all these friends an followers of this addict act like she's the worlds best mom ever! And how dare the system take away her child. So I'm sure Tyler gets TONS of reinforcement that he's in the right. People amaze me.

Well sure.  Don't you know that the more you post pictures of your kids on facebook, the better parent you are?  Ask anyone whose kids have been removed from their custody.  It's fact.  

• Love 10

As much as I like Ryan's parents too, I noticed how quickly they blamed Ryan and Shelby's breakup on Shelby. I laughed out loud as they claimed that it was Shelby who couldn't handle Bentley being Ryan's first priority. Bentley may have been Ryan's 2nd or 3rd priority, occasionally. Shelby seemed to be interacting with Bentley more than Ryan was. As nice as Larry seems to be, Ryan didn't become immature and uninvolved in a vacuum. I'm guessing he has serious only child syndrome. Shelby dodged a bullet.

Every time I see Gary on my television, I vomit in my mouth a little. Amber's no prize, but good Lord. Gary is manipulative and triggering, and I now think he liked that Amber "abused" him, because it gave him something to hold over her head forever. Kristina needs to give her new baby to Brandon and Teresa and run away.

• Love 11

Gary is a very ugly human being. I feel bad for Leah and his spawn-to-be if that is the kind of person that is raising them. He seems to take glee in pushing people's buttons. He did it with Kristina by continuing to push that "you never know what can happen" button. Way to be non-committal to your pregnant girlfriend, you arrogant POS! And agreed that Amber's no prize herself sometimes, but she is obviously trying to work on some of her issues, particularly the anger management stuff. For Gary to sit there, given their history, given that she is on parole and refuse to leave and essentially "poke the bear" is just sick! She was beg-yelling for him to leave. What would have made him satisfied? Having Amber totally lose it and do something that would violate her parole? That's father of the year material, right there.

Then again, I guess there is the possibility that Gary was refusing to leave because he didn't think he could hoist his fat ass off the couch without help.

• Love 9
Gary is a very ugly human being. I feel bad for Leah and his spawn-to-be if that is the kind of person that is raising them. He seems to take glee in pushing people's buttons. He did it with Kristina by continuing to push that "you never know what can happen" button. Way to be non-committal to your pregnant girlfriend, you arrogant POS! And agreed that Amber's no prize herself sometimes, but she is obviously trying to work on some of her issues, particularly the anger management stuff. For Gary to sit there, given their history, given that she is on parole and refuse to leave and essentially "poke the bear" is just sick! She was beg-yelling for him to leave. What would have made him satisfied? Having Amber totally lose it and do something that would violate her parole? That's father of the year material, right there.

In a way, this is what I think he was doing with that conversation he had with Leah about the baby.  It was like he was setting up some sort of rivalry between Leah and the new baby designed to have Leah possessive of her dad and to elicit her loyalty to him.  He's sick.

• Love 4

Then again, I guess there is the possibility that Gary was refusing to leave because he didn't think he could hoist his fat ass off the couch without help.

That would be so awesome, if he was secretly thinking, damn I wish I could stomp out of here in a huff, but it might take a couple false starts and I don't trust the crew to edit that out.

• Love 7

Tyler deserved a huge smackdown and instead they coddled him.

IMO, that was a huge mistake. B & T only validated his delusions about Carly. They did nothing to solve the actual problem.

I agree that Gary's gross for a number of reasons. However, Amber invited him over to "talk." But there was no talk. She yelled at him and then ordered him out, and never gave him a chance to respond, which he asked for several times. Not that Amber's capable of actual dialogue, but still.

• Love 4

For Gary to sit there, given their history, given that she is on parole and refuse to leave and essentially "poke the bear" is just sick! She was beg-yelling for him to leave. What would have made him satisfied? Having Amber totally lose it and do something that would violate her parole? That's father of the year material, right there.

While I mostly agree, Amber's the one who invited him over to "talk" and then started screaming at him.  Maybe there was more to that convo than we were shown, but it looked like she had no intention of it being a discussion, she just wanted to have him come over so she could yell and kick him out. She didn't get that chance when she found out about the pregnancy since Leah was there, so I felt like she created that situation later so she could blow up.  I don't blame her at all for being angry and understand the reasons she'd blow up - really, leading her on while he's with his new GF? - but Amber set that whole mess up. Gary should've realized it and left immediately though.

• Love 1

I'm thinking the whole "Ryan's relationships always end because his girlfriends don't understand that he has a kid/don't want to be with someone with a kid" comes down to this:

When Ryan does have Bentley and his parents aren't around, I SUSPECT Ryan expects his girlfriend to essentially fill the role of Mimi and do whatever needs to be done for Bentley - feed him, entertain him, take care of him, etc, which I'm assuming they probably wouldn't mind helping with (we saw Shelby playing with Bentley last week as Ryan sat on the couch on his phone), but damn if that wouldn't get old doing all the work of taking care of your partner's kid while he sits his butt on the couch yawning and dipping. Then he explains to his parents that they broke up because the girlfriend didn't understand what it was like to date someone with a kid, etc. Again, these are just my suspicions and I have no clue if that's true.

Ryan looked HOT last night. And he seems to be the only guy on the show who is sure not to get anyone else pregnant & fall for the "I'm on the pill"/"I can't get pregnant" lines. In TM land, that makes him even sexier.

Too bad he's still a douche (although he seemed less douchey last night and was very nice to Maci about the pregnancy).

I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with him or have a kid with him, but I'd totally have a (protected) hook up with him. Especially if it meant I got to meet or chill with Papa Larry and Mimi Jen. (Full disclosure: my husband looks a lot like an older, less lanky Ryan - and is definitely less douchey.)

Ding! Ryan is the last person in the room to take care Bently. Did you see him storm out of his parents house when they brought up Shelby without even a thought to Bently! No one even looked surprised. My gut tells me Ryan is more like an older brother than a father to Bently.

• Love 4
Maci giving a speech on birth control and how preventing teen pregnancies was a goal of the show was really rich considering she was standing up there pregnant again due to not using birth control. What a joke. I don't have a problem with these Moms having planned kids once they're ready, but a second accidental pregnancy due to failure to use birth control? That's depressing. They're trying to spread a message to other young people that they can't even learn themselves?

SO annoying. What's she going to say, "Hey girls, always use protection! Unless, of course, your doctor tells you that you have PCOS and it's not likely you can conceive. If that's the case, you probably won't get pregnant, so why bother. Probably. I mean, I DID get pregnant with PCOS, but I'm like 1 in a million. Pretty sure that's the stats I read on the internet, anyhow."???

Deb looked a little weird with a very shiny face.

It was SO shiny. I wondered if she'd just had a peel done or something. 

• Love 6
When Ryan does have Bentley and his parents aren't around, I SUSPECT Ryan expects his girlfriend to essentially fill the role of Mimi and do whatever needs to be done for Bentley - feed him, entertain him, take care of him, etc, which I'm assuming they probably wouldn't mind helping with (we saw Shelby playing with Bentley last week as Ryan sat on the couch on his phone), but damn if that wouldn't get old doing all the work of taking care of your partner's kid while he sits his butt on the couch yawning and dipping. Then he explains to his parents that they broke up because the girlfriend didn't understand what it was like to date someone with a kid, etc. Again, these are just my suspicions and I have no clue if that's true.

Great insight, MyPeopleAreNordic, that actually makes a lot of sense. And, not only would it be frustrating to be doing all of your boyfriend's parenting for him, but these girls are also getting a glimpse into what their future would be like if THEY had a child with Ryan. Not attractive. I'd jump ship as well. 

P.S. I only JUST started watching MM and saw the episode your name came from. A light bulb just went off, love it!

• Love 2

I noticed Amber mention that she is off parole next month. I have not seen any evidence that she is in any way working on her drug and anger issues. I have not heard she is in any sort of counseling, and she doesn't attend meetings or have a sponsor. I am guessing she possibly has to submit to random drug tests while she is on parole. Not getting sent back to prison is a good incentive to not use but what happens next month when she is off parole? She doesn't seem to have any coping skills or take responsibility for her actions. She is still as angry and depressed as ever. Unless she gets some real, ongoing professional help I picture her using again in the very near future.

• Love 5

Eh. Maci having another kid doesn't really bother me. I don't believe that you have to be married to have a child, and abstinence certainly isn't part of the Teen Mom sex ed curriculum--the idea is "Don't have a kid if you aren't ready." But she's in pretty good shape. She's 23, not 16. She's wanted another child for a long time. She knows what she's getting into. She's got the financial resources. She owns a home. She seems to be a good, involved mom with Bentley. I also believe that Ryan's parents (not to mention Maci's) will open their hearts to the new baby, too. This isn't like Jenelle, Leah, or even Kailyn having another kid. Yeah, Maci may party a lot, and she's taking a long time to finish college, but she isn't broke, addicted, dealing with major psychological problems, etc. My only problem is that she and Taylor are a pretty new couple, but I also think that if Taylor checks out, Maci will be content to do the bulk of the parenting. (I should say that I'm 31, married, and currently childless by choice--we want to wait until things are a little more settled.)

• Love 4

Eh. Maci having another kid doesn't really bother me. I don't believe that you have to be married to have a child, and abstinence certainly isn't part of the Teen Mom sex ed curriculum--the idea is "Don't have a kid if you aren't ready." But she's in pretty good shape. She's 23, not 16. She's wanted another child for a long time. She knows what she's getting into. She's got the financial resources. She owns a home. She seems to be a good, involved mom with Bentley. I also believe that Ryan's parents (not to mention Maci's) will open their hearts to the new baby, too. This isn't like Jenelle, Leah, or even Kailyn having another kid. Yeah, Maci may party a lot, and she's taking a long time to finish college, but she isn't broke, addicted, dealing with major psychological problems, etc. My only problem is that she and Taylor are a pretty new couple, but I also think that if Taylor checks out, Maci will be content to do the bulk of the parenting. (I should say that I'm 31, married, and currently childless by choice--we want to wait until things are a little more settled.)

Yeah Maci may not be super likable, but she seems ok. She's finishing her degree, has stable housing, is in a committed relationship, and 23 is young to be a parent but it's not that young. She seems a lot happier and more settled than Cait. It seems like she'll be ok.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3

Maci is just like the others. She's not in a stable relationship, she got pregnant on purpose with no education, career or job. Then she preaches about safe sex and said she wants marriage before babies. I just don't understand these kids. She has to take Ryan's bullshit now another man's bs. She's been getting her AA degree for what six years now? I just don't see her doing anything with her life. I wish the producers chose another set of girls. Girls with goals and struggles but overcame them

• Love 8

Watching now. Does Amber have any friends besides that blonde producer? It doesn't seem like it.

I keep fast forwarding through Cate and Tyler's scenes. He's just too annoying with his self righteous indignance. Teresa's face says it all.

Gary is creepy. He seems to get off on stringing both Amber and Kristina along...with his nasty little smirks. I can't even believe Kristina told him she doesn't feel good enough for him. Seriously?! Girl needs a reality check....she's normal and pretty with no obvious personality problems, which is too good for him!!! I have no idea what is possessing her to not run far, far away. Even if Gary had the looks of Ryan with the personality of Corey I still would want nothing to do with him because he's tied to Amber for the rest of his life through Leah. She's a timebomb waiting to blow. Watching them argue now about Gary's new "accident" is already boring.

I also wonder, do members of the crew sit outside the girls' houses all day long to catch all the comings and goings? I dunno how they always seem to have someone stationed by the front door at all times, unless they take shifts.

Haven't gotten to Farrah yet but I already know how that plays out. Someone upthread was commenting about Debra's face being so shiny...I want to say I think it always is like that. Woman can't seem to find a good mattifyer. I also wouldn't put copious amounts of plastic surgery/facial peels/procedures past her either.

While I mostly agree, Amber's the one who invited him over to "talk" and then started screaming at him.  Maybe there was more to that convo than we were shown, but it looked like she had no intention of it being a discussion, she just wanted to have him come over so she could yell and kick him out.

This is what concerns me. I thought she'd had anger management classes. Rule #1 is that you can't control other people's reactions, you can only control your own reactions. She's still totally out of control.

ETA: Deb has had a good facelift - she must have used a better doctor than Farrah's! The shininess is probably from a laser peel.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 4

Maci is just like the others. She's not in a stable relationship, she got pregnant on purpose with no education, career or job. Then she preaches about safe sex and said she wants marriage before babies. I just don't understand these kids. She has to take Ryan's bullshit now another man's bs. She's been getting her AA degree for what six years now? I just don't see her doing anything with her life. I wish the producers chose another set of girls. Girls with goals and struggles but overcame them

Girls like that are very, very rare. Having a child at 14, 15, 16 is essentially a death knell for teenagers that have hopes of college or other careers. Sad Panda has mentioned several times on the review shows that 90% of teen mothers never graduate college. I'm sure that there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that this board can put forward about people they knew who had a kid as a teenager and then went on to get a Ph.d, but the sad truth is that most teen moms end up like the girls on Teen Mom. No education and no planning beyond that month's bills.  

• Love 10

I kind of think he did and wanted her to get angry. He likes it when she's mad because.. I think he wants to be shown as the "good guy". Maybe he doesn't realize how he's being edited? I have a question that may seem stupid, I know that in this season we are being shown producers adding in things to say and talking to a few of the Moms on camera, but I wonder, did the girls/guys/people of TM know that that stuff was going to be on camera this season before it aired? These things could have been happening in past seasons (they probably were, actually, we just weren't shown them then) but I wonder if the girls knew that this season would be the 4th wall being broken while they were shooting stuff. I just wonder because it does change how we're viewing certain participants. At least in the case of Amber and Gary. For me, anyway.

I also wonder if they knew that the 4th wall was being broken, why did they have to have a set up of Farrah "explaining" why/how she's back on the show. The 4th being broken clearly means it isn't needed and most viewers probably have a good idea of why she wasn't on and why she is now. I just have a lot of questions about something really small and insignificant but I've been wondering about this for a while. 

Good question.

I will guess the explanation is for those who don't follow the shenanigans away from the show such as Twitter, online gossip, all that we read about because it is linked here. I have talked to people who mention they watch the show and their perception of the show is vastly different than how I, or anyone else here views it. They don't follow anything outside of the show - and it shows.

That whole scene was bothersome to me because Farrah is so many things, and annoying is one of them. There is nothing she offers that makes her interesting. She is a nut case. The other girls are not any better but Farrah? I just can't with her. She has that ginormous ass she recently bought that looks all kinds of ridiculous on her. She is so fucking rude to everyone. She looks like she cannot stand people in general. Sophia is lucky because she is young, but I have a feeling one day that poor child will end up just like her mother or, Farrah will end up treating her just like she treats her parents.

I might be the only one, but I always get the feeling Debra sticks up for Farrah because she has to or else. The way Deb and Michael tip-toe around Farrah, it is downright frightening. If there is anything I cannot stand, it is parents who cannot be parents and are so afraid of their children that they walk on eggshells around them.

• Love 3

I can see Gary pulling the same kind of crap with Amber that he's doing right now with Kristina had they decided to get back together. Only with Amber she would have probably violated her parole and either gotten high or punched him in the face again. She is a ticking time bomb waiting to happen if she refuses to get into therapy and attend 12 step meetings. Amber is full of cracks and she is going to come unglued one day and really lose it if she doesn't get help. That confrontation with Gary was no "conversation". I can understand her being angry with the double messages he's sending and she's right to put a stop to it, but she is immature the way she went about it. Getting that angry is a very unhealthy way to communicate and it's giving too much power and attention to Gary. He feeds on it. Sick man-child that he is.

I actually felt sorry for Kristina. You could see her visually get upset as her face and neck turned red before she teared up, and Gary was suppressing a smile -- he was giddy. Asshole.

Kristina's pregnancy was no accident, she knows the truth and God knows the truth. Have fun with that Asshole in your life for the rest of your life. Girl, you screwed up.

• Love 5

Deb really did have good work done. It refreshed her but she doesn't look like a freak. I agree the shininess was from a recent peel. 

Brandonandtheresa really are saints. I would have shut Tyler's stupid ass down a long time ago. They have such compassion for C&T that they continue this arrangement despite his tantrums and entitlement. Caitlyn does get it. She's fine with whatever parameters they set so she can stay in Carly's life. She also seems to understand they could close the adoption at any time and appreciates the time they have with her. I don't think she said "my" in reference to Carly once. Tyler made me irrationally angry every time he said "my kid." No. No, she's not. Respect that, Tyler. And go be the best dad you can to YOUR kid now.

• Love 3

Tyler talks all the time about wanting B&T to feel what it's like to walk in his shoes. 

Yeah, I've been thinking about how he keeps expressing this. What I fail to understand is what Tyler expects B&T to do to prove they are empathizing/sympathizing with his circumstances. The very nature of this adoption situation is that  C&T are not a constant part of Carly's life and not Carly's parents apart from biology.  I think his feelings on the open adoption are perhaps not as positive as they were before; he is not as idealistic and rose-colored about it. However, it is not the responsibility of B&T to make him feel better about it and they certainly can't make him feel more a part of Carly's life than he already is. They seem to be doing their best to embrace C&T and the gesture with the old baby clothes of Carly shows that too.  All I can figure out with Tyler's attitude in addition to his comment of "You're up there, and we're down here"  is that he wants the status quo of their relationship to change, but he needs to realize that is not reality and cannot happen. It sounds like he is having regrets. 

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 3

The thing that aggravates me about Catelynn and Tyler is the fact that if they HAD NOT given Carley up for adoption, they probably would not have been picked to be on Teen Mom . Their lives improved too by giving her up. They wouldn't have their house, most like be together and have Novalee, or even have contact with Carley, if not for Teen Mom.

They ought to be grateful, not just for Carley's sake, but their own too.

Edited by LexiconDevilOne
  • Love 3

It pains me to say this, but Tyler has a point here.  Don't bemoan him putting up pictures of Carly on Facebook and all that crap, and in the same breath trot her out to Dr. Drew or put her in magazines and stuff.  I just wish they'd close the adoption and let everyone move on with their lives.

I do think that he has a tiny bit of a point in that B&T are just as fame-whorey as him when they peddle around as spokespeople for adoption getting magazine covers and TV specials. The fact that they even agree to be on TM is indicative of their fame-whoriness. Having an open adoption agreement doesn't mean you also have to appear on the teen birth parents' reality show.

But I can't take Tyler seriously when he basically threatens to release Carly's pictures every time he feels neglected. He's lucky she didn't cut him off then and there. I know what I would have done in that position. He's such a whiny entitled brat.

• Love 4

She dyed her hair quite dark which made the contrast to everything else going on unflattering bc normally she's pretty heavily gray with a color more similar to Kristina's hair color. I agree that Carol is a very nice woman. I wish someone, maybe Amber, had said something to her without embarrassing her and helped her to tone the makeup down before they filmed. Anyway, Carol's makeup was the least offensive thing going on in Amber's segment the other night. Gary and Amber made themselves look far more hideous and you can't scrub that off with soap and water!

Thinking of Amber telling somebody to tone it down on their makeup is the funniest thing I've read in a loooong time.

Miss spider lashes and claw nails giving somebody makeup pointers would be hilarious to see.

• Love 5

I agree. I also think she wanted her kids to be kind of close in age which I don't blame her. I wouldn't want a 12 year old and a baby at the same time.

Sorry for the double post. I tried to combine them but couldn't this time.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Sorry for the double post. I tried to combine them but couldn't this time.

Thanks but no need for apologies, post as often as you like. The post will automatically combine if they are submitted close together and no one else has posted. You may have noticed this in the past. If they don't automatically collapse, I suggest moving on. Its much easier for me to reformat if needed but it's almost never needed.

If anyone ever has posting issues, you can hit the report button or send a PM to any Moderator. We really like problems we can solve.

• Love 1