Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Surprise Surprise

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Fucking Gary. I never want to hear someone whine about not being ready for a baby while also admitting on camera that you don't use protection ever again. Shut the fuck up.

• Love 5

I felt genuinely sad for Catelynn in that meeting. The way she looked at Tyler when he was saying if he was told no posting of pics without a reason, he was gonna do it anyway was so sad. Hes a petulant child. I almost expected him to cross his arms and hold his breath. Cate knows that if he doesn't get his bullshit in check she is going to lose Carly again.

She really doesn't have the self esteem to stand up to him. What is so terrifying to these girls about standing on their own two feet? All of the eir worth is wrapped up in having a man. Well, boy. None of these guys qualify as men.

I kept wanting to reach through the screen and shake her and tell her "SPEAK UP!". I could so tell she wanted to say something, to shut Tyler down or to defend herself and distance herself from his line of thinking but she just sat there and let him put his foot in his mouth repeatedly. Luckily for her, BrandonandTeresa are mature adults capable of empathy and conversation. I don't think Tyler deserved the leeway he was given but I thought it was pretty big of Brandon to say that he could see Tyler's POV re: posting pictures/magazine articles. Too bad Tyler isn't able to do the same and realize that B&T get to control what gets posted and when. 

I was also bothered by how Tyler kept referring to Carly as "their kid". I guess I'm not sure how other birth parents would refer to the child they placed but the way he was saying it just, idk, creeped me out. It just sounded really possessive and, like many other commenters noted, like he was seeing his kid who has been away at summer camp. That's not how adoption works. He should have just said "I can't wait to see Carly".

Comment on Gary and Amber, tonight's episode showed a side of Gary that they haven't shown us before.  He always appeared to be the victim of Amber's physical and verbal abuse but what they showed from him was straight up emotional abuse towards both Amber and Kristina.  There is no excuse for Amber's reaction but he is not without blame.  He has no business blowing up her phone messing with her head while he has a girlfriend who is carrying his child.  I can't say that I wouldn't lose my cool if someone was intentionally messing with my emotions.

Gary likes to poke the bear. He doesn't deserve to be physically abused but he just can't stop the poking. You just don't do that to someone so unstable. 

I am so intrigued by Kristina and I kinda want to know her story. My guess is her ex did an absolute number on her self esteem because it has to be so low to put up with Gary's nonsense. The whole "you never know what's going to happen" and the texting Amber and basically admitting to it TO Kristina was ridiculous. Kick his ass to the curb girl. 

• Love 9

I think Gary's mom does a lot of the heavy lifting for Leah but geez her make up gun set to whore.

I've always felt sorry for Gary's mom.  I think her name is Carol.  She caught a lot of flack for giving Leah Happy Meals but at least she made sure that Leah had something to eat and had sheets on her crib.   That was more that Amber was doing. 

Jen should give her some makeup tips.  I think she always looks nice in an understated way.

• Love 5

Fucking Gary. I never want to hear someone whine about not being ready for a baby while also admitting on camera that you don't use protection ever again. Shut the fuck up.

I hate having to defend Gary, but Kristina did say she was on the pill. Granted, contraception is the responsibility of both parties, but if one is on hormonal birth control and the two are in a monogamous relationship, I can understand not using a condom. My husband I rarely use condoms, and for most of our relationship, we have not been trying to get pregnant. I am part of the 99% that relies on hormonal birth control alone and has had no accidental pregnancies.

Now, whether or not Kristina was taking her pill responsibly, if they have been together for a year I'm not going to fault Gary for trusting her to take it as directed.

I can fault Gary for his treatment of Amber and Kristina, his habit of oversharing to his 5 year old daughter, his lifestyle, his laziness, his lack of work ethic, etc., but in this one case, I'll cut him some slack.

Jen should give her some makeup tips.  I think she always looks nice in an understated way.

She does! She's attractive in an age appropriate way and never looks sloppy. Plus, she's usually smiling, which I think frequently makes people look more attractive.

• Love 3

Tyler is almost insufferable. Get it through your head that you are Carly's birth father, not her father. You have no say in the decisions that Brandon and Teresa make when it comes to their daughter. 

I thought it was nice that Maci was concerned about how Ryan's parents would feel about her pregnancy. They seem like good people.

Amber is such a bitch. Gary is having a baby. You're moved on too.

Farrah is useless.

Gary's mom looked like a clown in her scene.

Also, Gary has a condom line, but still doesn't know how to use one.

I hate having to defend Gary, but Kristina did say she was on the pill. Granted, contraception is the responsibility of both parties, but if one is on hormonal birth control and the two are in a monogamous relationship, I can understand not using a condom. My husband I rarely use condoms, and for most of our relationship, we have not been trying to get pregnant. I am part of the 99% that relies on hormonal birth control alone and has had no accidental pregnancies.

Now, whether or not Kristina was taking her pill responsibly, if they have been together for a year I'm not going to fault Gary for trusting her to take it as directed.

I can fault Gary for his treatment of Amber and Kristina, his habit of oversharing to his 5 year old daughter, his lifestyle, his laziness, his lack of work ethic, etc., but in this one case, I'll cut him some slack.

She does! She's attractive in an age appropriate way and never looks sloppy. Plus, she's usually smiling, which I think frequently makes people look more attractive.

I've never let a woman saying she's on the pill stop me from using protection. It's not 100% effective and all it takes in one forgotten pill to mess things up. If I'm that worried about having  a baby, I using protection. Pill or no pill.

• Love 9

It seems like most people here think Kristina is normal and nice. I think she has real mental issues or an agenda.

When she explained how she was on the pill, but her doctor made her switch brands, and that's how she must have gotten pregnant it sounded like such a lie.

I think she got pregnant on purpose. She's no teen but maybe she thinks she can get fame or money from having Gary's baby. I think she's looking for one, the other both if she's with him.

I feel so bad for the kids on this show, raised by their loser parents.

• Love 6

I don't know how Carly's parents can stand all the drama with Caitlynn and Tyler.  They have way overstepped the bounds of what an open adoption is supposed to be.  I didn't know you could close an adoption once it was already open, but if I were them and this were an option, I would close it!

• Love 1

As stressful as Tyler can be (Caitlyn is fine) I'm sure they don't want to be known as the people who kept these kids from the child they brought into the world. Most people here can't stand Tyler but there is whole world of people that would take offense to them doing such a thing.

• Love 3

I haven't watched this show in a few years. Last night I happened upon it, saw Caitlynn and Tyler  realized they are still talking constantly about Carly. That is not healthy, for them or for the new baby.  They had all these plans a few years ago, school, careers etc. Where did it all go? Is all this talk about Carly merely to keep themselves relevant to the show? And to keep the MTV money flowing in did they decide to have another baby?  

I suspect at some point Brandon and Theresa are going to move, change their phone number and disappear. The older Carly gets the situation will become more difficult to handle. I can imagine these two dopey kids thinking they're going to attend her school functions and meet with her teachers and attending back to school night. I think its starting to dawn on Caitlynn, perhaps one reason for the second baby is to get Tyler's attention focused away from Carly, but if he doesn't back off and soon B&T are going to bail. Tyler is so caught up in his MTV role as the "guy who sacrificed  by giving away his child to insure she had a better life".

As stressful as Tyler can be (Caitlyn is fine) I'm sure they don't want to be known as the people who kept these kids from the child they brought into the world. Most people here can't stand Tyler but there is whole world of people that would take offense to them doing such a thing.

Not if it was in the best interests of the child. And  it can easily get to that point. I think Caitlynn sees it and would like to move on but he's like a dog with a bone. "MY kid" "my kid" "my kid".  Umm no she isn't, you signed your rights away, so she would have a better life.. Let her have it. 

• Love 6
The rest of Farrah's tweet asking Gary if he can even see his penis was this: Is That Really Your baby❓

She is awful.

That is awful. I'm sure she was trying to insult Gary, but did she realize that was insulting to Kristina as well? Kristina may have some serious self esteem issues, but so far I've seen nothing to make her worthy of such ridicule. And didn't Amber's brother question that paternity of this baby as well?

• Love 2

It pains me to say this, but Tyler has a point here. Don't bemoan him putting up pictures of Carly on Facebook and all that crap, and in the same breath trot her out to Dr. Drew or put her in magazines and stuff. I just wish they'd close the adoption and let everyone move on with their lives.

Honestly Brandon and Theresa can do whatever they want with their daughter. And being on a tv show with millions of followers and posting pictures to millions of followers is very different than a magazine about adoption.

It seems like most people here think Kristina is normal and nice. I think she has real mental issues or an agenda.

When she explained how she was on the pill, but her doctor made her switch brands, and that's how she must have gotten pregnant it sounded like such a lie.

I think she got pregnant on purpose. She's no teen but maybe she thinks she can get fame or money from having Gary's baby. I think she's looking for one, the other both if she's with him.

I agree she got pregnant on purpose.

The rest of Farrah's tweet asking Gary if he can even see his penis was this: Is That Really Your baby❓

She is awful.

As much as Farrah is a bitch, thus made me laugh, I know I'm cruel

• Love 2

I think B&T met up with C&T in a hotel in a different city than where they live. At least Asheville isn't where they were living when they first got Carly (I remember reading about it at some point- I also live in NC). It's certainly possible that they've moved since then, but my first thought was that they still didn't want C&T to know exactly where they live, even the city. But didn't C&T visit them a few years ago at their home? Seems I remember that they showed home video of them with Carly as she was learning to walk.

So the showdown was as disappointing as I assumed it would be. I think B&T must be saints to put up with all of Tyler's bull. Teresa was so sweet telling Catelynn how she was going to love the new baby, but it will be interesting to see how the "sister" thing is approached with Carly.

I'm pretty sure that they also adopted a boy a few years ago. I actually think I remember hearing that Catelynn somehow knew the bio mom, but maybe it was just because it was a Bethany adoption. Interesting that they haven't said anything about them having another child at all. I wouldn't expect details by any means, but I don't think they've even even mentioned that Carly has a brother.

• Love 1

Why did Farrah even come back?  She was acting like she couldn't STAND production being in her house but she was obligated to do it or something.  No one is forcing you, honey.  Why don't you dial back the bitch just a smidge, huh?  Even Sophia was like "wtf mommy, what is your problem?" 

Gary is the douchelord, king of all the douches.  I have no doubt in my mind that he was making those calls to Amber.  He gets off on the idea of two women wanting him (why ANY woman would want him is beyond me.)  He's also clearly emotionally abusive.  Who sits there and justifies telling their ex "you never know" to their current girlfriend by insisting "you never know!"  WTF is that?  I do blame Kristina for just taking it, though.  You picked him, honey.  She knows where the door is. 

Jen and Larry are the best.  The way Larry lit up when Maci told him she thought of them as second parents was adorable.  He was truly touched.  And Ryan got pissed because they had obviously told him they wanted him to talk about the new baby and that he didn't have to talk about his girlfriend, who he was having problems with.  That was pretty obvious, in my opinion.  I did like how Larry reminded him that he's the one who signed up for this, though.  I also thought it was super ironic that Maci was giving a safe sex speech whilst "unintentionally" pregnant after having sex with no protection.

• Love 5

I don't have much to say because I haven't seen the show yet and I was in a hotel last night with my sister whole for some reason thinks she is above watching teen mom, but just based on what I have read here...

Tyler referring to Carly as his kid... Ok maybe I can give him a tiny fraction of empathy that it's awkward to know how to refer to her given the situation... But in that case, why not just say "Carly", and not have to say my-anything.

I'm a little sad there wasn't more of a smack down from Brandon and Teresa...they are more mature than me because I would have threatened to shut down that mofo a long time ago. Also, my personal opinion is that Tyler has absolutely no right to question why they can do magazine spreads, but they don't want him posting on Twitter...they can do full page people spreads and a billboard in Times Square, if they want to, and still not allow Tyler to post on Twitter Instagram simply because she is THEIR child, they don't have to give any opinion or justify anything. I wonder if Brandon and Teresa have changed their opinion at all since at the time of the meeting they probably hadn't seen the footage of Tyler talking all the crap about how thy should be in his shoes.

Gary...while I will so nobody "deserves" abuse in any way shape or form, I get the impression that he likes to poke at Amber off camera then come off as the innocent victim when she blows up. Even back when they showed her being physical, he was threatening to take her kid away, I can't say I wouldn't get irate at that (especially in this case where she knew she was guilty) when he is calm and rational he says "I would never keep her from you" but when they argue one of his first arguments is that he will take Leah away and she'll never see her. It's a grey area for me, because I don't honestly believe she (Amber) has gotten all the help she truly needs, so I do think there should be boundaries as far a Leah is concerned, but I don't think that's something Gary should wave in her face. And as far as his relationship with Kristina... He is totally trying to hook Amber into thinking they may get back together, and then switching to "but I'm with Kristina" this dynamic is ridiculous.

• Love 1

I did think Kristina was normal and nice based on the first episode, although I wondered why she was with Gary. However, as more stuff is coming to light about her, I don't think she is as nice as she seems. It would not surprise me if she got pregnant on purpose, which, if she did while telling Gary she was on BC, was really shitty not only to Gary, but really to her potential kid who was clearly planned as means to an end, and deserves to be born to two parents that wanted a child.

Where I disagree with a previous poster is whether or not Gary has the right to express dismay about an unplanned pregnancy when he himself did nothing to contribute to any form of contraception. Hormonal birth control isn't 100%, but it's pretty damn effective, and the multiple pronged functions of birth control (mainly suppression of ovulation hormones, but it does a few other things that make conception and implantation difficult) make it hard to get pregnant, even if the woman does miss a pill here and there (believe me, I know this from experience).

If Gary was trusting Kristina to take her pill (and maybe that trust was a mistake, but I'd like to think I'd trust my girlfriend of a year to not lie to my face) the odds of pregnancy were low- yes they could have been lower had Gary been inclined to wear a condom- enough that I don't think being surprised by a pregnancy is out of line. If Kristina did lie to Gary about taking pills, that was a terrible thing to do and is not excused by the fact that Gary wasn't wearing a condom either.

• Love 2

I'm not sure why Kristina would get pregnant on purpose....to keep Gary with her? That might work to trap some men but not Gary. She knows that he won't stay with her just because they have a baby together so I don't see the point?

I love Ryan's parents. How he came out the way he did with people who seem so matter-of-fact I will not know. On one hand, it seems like maybe Ryan just hates filming and it brings out the worst in him. But the way the parents react seem like it's how he is normally. I really respect Maci's relationship with Ryan's parents as well, and I think it's great for Bentley that they seem so adult about things. 

Gary is disgusting and how he has two women essentially fighting over him baffles me. He has two ladies and I'm single.

I do believe Kristina that she was on birth control, but I bet she just didn't use it at the same time every day which is where it's effectiveness comes from (and then blamed the changing of brands because she didn't know better). Essentially, sweet girl, but dumb and probably has really low self esteem. Although out of her, Gary, and Amber, she's probably the best adult in Leah's life!

Catelyn and Tyler? Ugh. Tyler is never going to learn and he is going to be an awful co-parent when Catelyn finally gets away from him (if ever, I'm sure she has the same self-esteem issue that keeps Kristina with Gary). Maybe she'll luck out and he'll end up in prison and she can just move away. 

Farrah is the car crash that you can't look away from. But she's so delusional (as are her parents) that she's never going to get that everyone is laughing at her and not with her.

• Love 1

Not sure what Ryan stormed off about -- I guess it was about not being with Shelby anymore -- but his parents seem so over it.

Seriously.  Even Larry said, "you are an ugly man."  Ryan:  "I don't care."  For as sweet as Jen and Larry seem, they sure raised an asshole.  

I think Gary's ubiquitous t-shirt that reads "Words cannot express how much I don't care" is the new "Belden Lineman Camp" tee, which I'm sure is way too small for him now.  http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Gary_Shirley_shirt.jpg

• Love 1
I'm not sure why Kristina would get pregnant on purpose....to keep Gary with her? That might work to trap some men but not Gary. She knows that he won't stay with her just because they have a baby together so I don't see the point?

Maybe she didn't really know that. Some women are in such bad denial about the state of their relationships. The man could be laying down all kinds of red flags, but they just don't want to see them. And judging by the awkward, stilted conversations they're currently having, I wouldn't be surprised if Gary and Kristina never spent a ton of time discussing their goals and desires for this current entanglement. 

Edited by ghoulina

That is awful. I'm sure she was trying to insult Gary, but did she realize that was insulting to Kristina as well? Kristina may have some serious self esteem issues, but so far I've seen nothing to make her worthy of such ridicule. And didn't Amber's brother question that paternity of this baby as well?

Honestly, that same joke was already made in this episode by Amber's brother. She didn't start it. Not right in either case but that's probably where she got it from anyway.

Maybe she didn't really know that. Some women are in such bad denial about the state of their relationships. The man could be laying down all kinds of red flags, but they just don't want to see them. And judging by the awkward, stilted conversations they're currently having, I wouldn't be surprised if Gary and Kristina never spent a ton of time discussing their goals and desires for this current entanglement.

Sorry, I should have specified that she should have known this because Gary already has a child with a woman and that didn't keep them together.  All the other red flags aside, Kristina should have thought to herself, "oh well here is a man who already has a baby child with a woman but they aren't together, I don't think having a baby with this man will make him stay with me."

Sorry, I should have specified that she should have known this because Gary already has a child with a woman and that didn't keep them together.  All the other red flags aside, Kristina should have thought to herself, "oh well here is a man who already has a baby child with a woman but they aren't together, I don't think having a baby with this man will make him stay with me."

I'm just trying to wrap my head around someone being so desperate to keep Gary around that they have a child with him, regardless of the reasons why.

Add me to the camp who is suspicious that Kristina either completely stopped taking her pills, or "forgot" to take them so frequently that they were basically ineffective. Yes, I know a woman can take her pills just as she is supposed to and still end up pregnant, but for some reason, I just don't believe that was the case with Kristina.

As to what she gets out of an unplanned pregnancy with someone like Gary who clearly isn't that committed to her and has also made it clear that he doesn't want another kid- I can't even fathom. I don't know why Kristina even dates him, let alone wants to marry him. Yes, he's on TV, but honestly, even if I were a Tyler level famewhore, I would think admitting to millions of viewers that I was regularly sleeping with Gary would be far more mortifying than whatever benefit being a D list celebrity would be worth. So I don't know. On previous seasons, I could maybe rationalize that perhaps Gary was a really cool guy and a good father and maybe Kristina is less shallow than me and can see past his physical appearance- but he's quickly disproving that theory every episode.

However, with regards to the presence of Leah not keeping Amber and Gary together- Kristina could probably rationalize that Amber's temper and drug problem is what broke them up, and if that hadn't been an issue, maybe they would still be together. I also imagine that whenever Kristina has busted Gary for giving Amber mixed signals, Gary has pulled the "but she's the mother of my child, of course I have feelings for her" card.

• Love 1

Lotus flower: yes they did adopt a second child.

Thanks.

Re: Farrah - I loathe her and her spoiled brat, rude behavior. But MTV started the show up again and told her no thanks. Then they changed their mind. Now they want her to explain why on camera?

• Love 3

This show makes me fluctuate from sad to mad to laughing every week. I don't even know why I still watch but it's like I can't look away.

Maci giving a speech on birth control and how preventing teen pregnancies was a goal of the show was really rich considering she was standing up there pregnant again due to not using birth control. What a joke. I don't have a problem with these Moms having planned kids once they're ready, but a second accidental pregnancy due to failure to use birth control? That's depressing. They're trying to spread a message to other young people that they can't even learn themselves?

I really like Ryan's parents. I can see them treating Maci's new baby as their pseudo-grandbaby, just to keep the sibling relationship strong between Bentley and the new little one. Maybe not completely, but I can see them taking the kids on outings together, for example.

Kristina makes me want to hug her and tell her she's better than all of the crap Gary says and does to her. Her self esteem has got to be really low. Or as some have said, maybe she's just in it for the temporary MTV 'fame.'  Unless he changes dramatically (and why would he?), I hope she gets away from him. I also hope he doesn't pull a bunch of emotional abuse crap on Leah, but I'm willing to bet he does. Why wouldn't he?

I don't get why Amber invited Gary over to her house, just to scream at him and kick him out. She made some pretty good points, but no way was he going to hear them with her screeching like that. From the look on his face I got the impression he was even a little proud of getting her so worked up.

The talk between Catelynn, Tyler, Brandon, and Teresa went surprisingly well. I think Teresa really does have an almost maternal type of love for Catelynn, and it must be strong enough to overcome all the crap Tyler pulls. I couldn't believe Teresa stayed so calm when Tyler was basically threatening them about posting videos as "revenge" for not getting a good enough reason not to post "his" child's picture on social media. I just wanted to scream SHE'S NOT YOUR KID! repeatedly every time he was on the screen.  I thought it was really gracious of them to allow MTV to film the get-together with Carly at all, but glad they stuck to their guns on not showing her face.

Farrah is just ridiculous. I can understand her being hurt about being left out at first and then invited back on, but what an entitled crazy nasty person. The producer's comment along the lines of "well I guess this is how we introduce Farrah" was pretty funny though.

• Love 2

She could just want to remain a fixture on MTV/TM when her relationship with Gary blows up and sees a child as a means to that end. It could be money, or her dream could be being in OK Magazine. If she's in a relationship with Gary, something's wrong with her.

• Love 3

Sophia is so not cute and her voice is worse than nails on a blackboard.

Deb looked a little weird with a very shiny face.

Ryan looked totally gray.

What was the point of a clip with Maci on a radio program talking about Kanye?

I was disappointed in the B&T talk. Tyler needed a total smackdown. They were too nice. 

The Gary talk with Kristina reminded me of a soap opera complete with weeping woman saying "I'm not sure that you're over her." Ugh, such drama. 

• Love 1

I really like Ryan's parents. I can see them treating Maci's new baby as their pseudo-grandbaby, just to keep the sibling relationship strong between Bentley and the new little one. Maybe not completely, but I can see them taking the kids on outings together, for example.

I could see that too...as well as Ryan completely losing his shit over it even though he is barely present (from what we've seen) during Bentley's visits.

Tyler has ALWAYS bothered me because he has never come across as sincere in anything he says. He always comes off to me as if he's saying what he thinks his "fans" want to hear. Although it bothered me when he kept referring to Carly as "my kid", it didn't bother me because I thought he was acting possessive, it bothered me because it seemed like something he said so that his adoring fans would go "oh, it is SO SWEET how he thinks of Carly as HIS. He is SUCH a STAND UP GUY!! I wish I could find a kewl guy like that to be MY bae! xoxoxo".

• Love 1
poopchute, on 21 Apr 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:poopchute, on 21 Apr 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:poopchute, on 21 Apr 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:poopchute, on 21 Apr 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:poopchute, on 21 Apr 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:poopchute, on 21 Apr 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:poopchute, on 21 Apr 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:

I think a lot was left out of that meeting with Brandon and Theresa. When Brandon mentioned that they have never threatened to close the adoption and Theresa said something like well that's why we are here, it made me think that maybe off camera more was said about what will happen if Tyler can't control himself.

Teresa didn’t say “that’s why we are here” in regards to potentially closing the adoption. After Tyler expressed concern that B&T could “cut them off” from Carly at any time, Teresa said with a smile and a laugh “but we’re sitting here” and Brandon followed that up by saying that he wanted it to be very clear that it would take “a lot” for them to do something like that. To me it was them reassuring C&T that (at least at this point) that closing the adoption is not on the table and that “a lot” has not happened yet.

I think B&T are very caring and thoughtful people who understand that C&T are immature but want to work with them to ensure C&T understand their expectations so that B&T are comfortable and that "a lot" never happens. It appeared to me that B&T truly value the relationship they have with C&T and I don't think they would be happy if they felt the need to close the adoption. I think C&T are truly blessed that B&T are the parents of Carly.

Edited by starfire
  • Love 5

Please tell me I heard wrong when I heard Dawn say to Tyler and Catelynn something about Brandon and Theresa's level of "comfortableness".

Sadly, you did not hear wrong.

Maci giving a speech on birth control and how preventing teen pregnancies was a goal of the show was really rich considering she was standing up there pregnant again due to not using birth control. What a joke. I don't have a problem with these Moms having planned kids once they're ready, but a second accidental pregnancy due to failure to use birth control? That's depressing. They're trying to spread a message to other young people that they can't even learn themselves?

I was thinking the same thing. And it's especially rich next week when, according to the preview, she threatens to quit over Farrah returning. MTV originally didn't want Farrah back because her path in porn was not in line with the message of the show, and yet young, unwed Maci once again neglected to use birth control, got pregnant, and this is an ok message to air?

Maci's a hypocrite, but so is MTV.

• Love 9

I actually teared up when Teresa gave Catelynn those baby items that belonged to Carly. Dammit. They do seem to be trying to rise above the bullshit. I wonder how Tyler feels now that he has a child of his own. Maybe he can put himself in B&T's place a little better. He had no right to question what they do. Like a petulant child who is owed something. They owe him nothing. I think they can see through his famewhore tendencies and want to protect their child from being trotted out like a prized pig.

Cringed watching Maci talk about safe sex when pregnant again at age 23. And those "it's your sex life" promos when so many of these chicks are knocked up again? It's like a joke. I do love Ryan's parents. Makes me wonder how such great people raised such a douchey kid. I suspect he was overly coddled and has been forced into the role of "grownup" way too early because he's a father. If there was no Bentley, he would probably be just out partying and being immature but no one would bat an eye because he's still pretty young. 

Gary? Ugh. I could see how much Kristina wanted some assurance from him and yet he continued to thwart her. She seems sweet but has had her self-esteem trampled, probably her entire life. I bet there was abuse in her past because she thinks this is how she deserves to be treated. And she is way way better than Gary, who will probably be dead in less than 10 years unless he makes some major lifestyle changes. He definitely drank the MTV Koolaid and thinks he's all that. It's nauseating.

Every time I think Farrah can't be more of a bitch...

• Love 3
LotusFlower, on 21 Apr 2015 - 12:15 AM, said:LotusFlower, on 21 Apr 2015 - 12:15 AM, said:

Did Brandon and Teresa adopt a 2nd baby? When they were outside walking away from the meeting, I thought I noticed each one holding a child.

When Catelynn was doing a speaking engagement about adoption for Bethany Christian Services, she met the gal who would eventually become the birthmom of B&T's second child. Apparently they grew so close that Catelynn was even there for the birth and the handing over of the baby to B&T.

Edited by starfire
  • Love 1

They "deserve" to get Carly back, or at least get "visitions"? Wow, I weep for our future.

This! You know, I actually had a conversation with an extended family member (through marriage) when this show began years ago. She was 20 years old at the time. She also had two kids. *eyeroll* She actually told me that C&T made a mistake giving up that child. Inquiring mind here wanted to hear her explanation. She went on to say that they had so much love to give, and how could they give up their flesh and blood, they had a family that would help them, etc.  I looked at her with my "Are you fucking serious" look.   I don't think I need to point out what I said to her as we are all adults here and you can imagine what I said with regards to B&T being responsible vs. what C&T didn't have going on. Clearly a girl who produced two children of her own by the age of 20, coming from a dysfunctional family, has no idea what responsibility means. She thinks because she didn't have an abortion with her second child, she did the right thing. Of course, those children she has are adorable and I love them to death. However, they are growing up with two parents who are so dysfunctional, one is an addict, there is domestic violence going on, it just rips my heart to see those two kids being part of a cycle. This is the kind of person who feels sympathy for C&T and is likely the kind of person who has no understanding of what it means when one gives up a child for adoption. 

• Love 5

According to this article, when Catelynn was doing a speaking engagement about adoption for Bethany Christian Services, she met the gal who would eventually become the birthmom of B&T's second child. Apparently they grew so close that Catelynn was even there for the birth and the handing over of the baby to B&T.

Thanks. I felt kinda weird seeing that picture of Carly, knowing that B & T are now going to some lengths to not broadcast her face.

Edited by LotusFlower
LotusFlower, on 21 Apr 2015 - 4:00 PM, said:LotusFlower, on 21 Apr 2015 - 4:00 PM, said:LotusFlower, on 21 Apr 2015 - 4:00 PM, said:LotusFlower, on 21 Apr 2015 - 4:00 PM, said:

Thanks. I felt kinda weird seeing that picture of Carly, knowing that B & T are now going to some lengths to not broadcast her face. She looks a lot like Tyler!

The picture is not current and I believe was taken during the time when B&T were still allowing face-shots of Carly during filming of the show, but I deleted the link anyway just in case....but I can't edit your quote which also has the link in it. Do you mind editing it out? My apologies.

Edited by starfire

Can anyone here clarify the producers and the fourth wall? Let me clarify. Farrah was upset at the crew. Who exactly is the lady we see on the show in each episode and what is her role? Producer? Is she part of the crew who determined whether Farrah was allowed back on the show or not? 

I cannot stand Farrah. I really cannot stand any of the cast here on TM, but Farrah is the worst. I don't give two shits what she did on her down-time away from TM as that is not what makes her a vile person. I wish they never brought her back. Girl is off in so many ways.

• Love 2

So....

Maci is knocked up with her second "unplanned" pregnancy and giving paid speaking engagements encouraging college students around her age to not get knocked up before you're ready?

And Tyler & Catelynn are basically the public face of open adoption (for teens anyway), yet Tyler keeps bashing their open adoption situation & the parents they chose for Carly. I know they've done paid speaking engagements and stuff for Bethany about how awesome adoption is and how you should choose adoption if you're not ready to parent. Yet here they are - essentially spokespeople for a "Christian" adoption agency - yet they are pregnant again and still uneducated, will be unemployed when MTV/Adoption speaking engagements dry up, Tyler at least is not any more mature, and they are unmarried (which I would think a "Christian" adoption agency would want them to be before having baby #2 that they're keeping). {I keep putting Christian in quotes because due to what I've read about their shady treatment of birth parents - and some adoptive parents - online, nothing about the agency seems Christian.}

Surely Maci, Catelynn, and Tyler's days as paid spokespeople to promote stopping unplanned pregnancies & adoption are numbered, as are their days on MTV. Hope they have a back up plan....oh wait......

I do think Catelynn and Theresa have a special bond. Thinking back on their 16 & Pregnant episode & TM episodes where we've seen/heard Theresa, I'm thinking that Theresa has been onto what a turd Tyler is almost from the very beginning. We haven't really been privy to it as viewers until recently due to MTV giving him a good edit. She always seemed nice enough with Tyler but from the moment where she gave Catelynn that jewelry in the hospital in her 16&P episode on, I'm thinking she's always loved Catelynn but has seen Tyler as some punk she tries to be nice enough to for the sake of Catelynn, Carly, and her position as a the face of open adoption as the adoptive parent.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4

This! You know, I actually had a conversation with an extended family member (through marriage) when this show began years ago. She was 20 years old at the time. She also had two kids. *eyeroll* She actually told me that C&T made a mistake giving up that child. Inquiring mind here wanted to hear her explanation. She went on to say that they had so much love to give, and how could they give up their flesh and blood, they had a family that would help them, etc. I looked at her with my "Are you fucking serious" look. I don't think I need to point out what I said to her as we are all adults here and you can imagine what I said with regards to B&T being responsible vs. what C&T didn't have going on. Clearly a girl who produced two children of her own by the age of 20, coming from a dysfunctional family, has no idea what responsibility means. She thinks because she didn't have an abortion with her second child, she did the right thing. Of course, those children she has are adorable and I love them to death. However, they are growing up with two parents who are so dysfunctional, one is an addict, there is domestic violence going on, it just rips my heart to see those two kids being part of a cycle. This is the kind of person who feels sympathy for C&T and is likely the kind of person who has no understanding of what it means when one gives up a child for adoption.

Hey now! I come from an extremely dysfunctional family and I had 2 kids by age 20. My baby will be 30 this year. I was very responsible and raised them alone.

I don't think the age has anything to do with it. At 20 I was more mature and responsible than the people who raised me.

"Do you miss my dick?" No, Gary, do YOU miss your dick, because it's obvious you haven't seen it in a while!

Farrah said the exact same thing to Gary on twitter!

The world has seen a LOT more of Farrah's private parts than they have of Gary's, LOL ...

I think a lot was left out of that meeting with Brandon and Theresa. When Brandon mentioned that they have never threatened to close the adoption and Theresa said something like well that's why we are here, it made me think that maybe off camera more was said about what will happen if Tyler can't control himself.

I hope so! I could tell a few times from the expression on Theresa's face that she wanted to say more. Catelynn and Tyler lucked out with B & T - I would've closed that adoption and cut off all contact years ago, because Tyler just doesn't get it.

• Love 1

I'm thinking the whole "Ryan's relationships always end because his girlfriends don't understand that he has a kid/don't want to be with someone with a kid" comes down to this:

When Ryan does have Bentley and his parents aren't around, I SUSPECT Ryan expects his girlfriend to essentially fill the role of Mimi and do whatever needs to be done for Bentley - feed him, entertain him, take care of him, etc, which I'm assuming they probably wouldn't mind helping with (we saw Shelby playing with Bentley last week as Ryan sat on the couch on his phone), but damn if that wouldn't get old doing all the work of taking care of your partner's kid while he sits his butt on the couch yawning and dipping. Then he explains to his parents that they broke up because the girlfriend didn't understand what it was like to date someone with a kid, etc. Again, these are just my suspicions and I have no clue if that's true.

Ryan looked HOT last night. And he seems to be the only guy on the show who is sure not to get anyone else pregnant & fall for the "I'm on the pill"/"I can't get pregnant" lines. In TM land, that makes him even sexier.

Too bad he's still a douche (although he seemed less douchey last night and was very nice to Maci about the pregnancy).

I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with him or have a kid with him, but I'd totally have a (protected) hook up with him. Especially if it meant I got to meet or chill with Papa Larry and Mimi Jen. (Full disclosure: my husband looks a lot like an older, less lanky Ryan - and is definitely less douchey.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 9

I think Dawn hit the nail on the head when she said C&T need to think about what's best for Carly, and not what's best for them or makes them feel good or sleep better at night. Tyler is 100% concerned about Tyler and his fauxlebrity. When you say to B&T that you post things because you're feeling vindictive, he shows just how immature he is. He is not looking out for Carly's best interests. If C&T were, they'd have to ask if this open adoption is still what's best for Carly, or what ground rules do they need to have in place to keep it that way. Tyler talks all the time about wanting B&T to feel what it's like to walk in his shoes. He never stops and says, "when Nova is born, would I be cool with B&T posting her pictures publicly?" Because in actuality, it's the same damn thing.

• Love 6