Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

Wow.  That reunion pix.  Chelsea - what were you thinking?  Cam and Naomi were ho hum.  It looks like one of Kat's better reunion looks. 

Austen is taller than he appears on camera.  Craig looks nice.  Shep looks disheveled as usual and Austen...what the heck are those shoes. 

• Love 2

Kathryn’s ridiculous hair, makeup and fashion choices are an attempt to substitute for her complete lack of personality. That horrible weave parted in the middle gives me a Lily Munster vibe, except, of course, Lily was less heavy handed with the makeup and had better style.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Craig is always on his toes trying to make himself look taller 🤦🏼‍♀️

I think Andy should try that. He looked so out of proportion compared to the rest of the cast save Cameran. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/6/2019 at 1:16 PM, iloveit said:

That's just awful.  What happened to the nice-ish Shep in past seasons who just wanted to include Kathryn even when she was an outcast?  There is something wrong with you if you are actively trying to make people feel small. 

I think Shep has turned some kind of dark corner.  The alcohol/drugs and lack of direction/purpose in life have officially gotten the better of him.

I also have to wonder what the STD thing will do for his future shagging abilities.  No boinking may make his spiraling descent worse than it already is.

xxxxx

The show wasn't fun for me this season.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

I think Shep has turned some kind of dark corner.  The alcohol/drugs and lack of direction/purpose in life have officially gotten the better of him.

I also have to wonder what the STD thing will do for his future shagging abilities.  No boinking may make his spiraling descent worse than it already is.

xxxxx

The show wasn't fun for me this season.

I think that may be the case too, but after watching him become so elitist this season, nah, he's always been this way. The show just enabled and amplified his behavior more. There's a sneak preview for the finale where he's getting his hair cut by Chelsea and he admitted to hitting on Madison before and there was even a clip shown. Then Shep goes, "she wouldn't last one second in my world..."

HIS world. Of course he's above everyone else.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I think that may be the case too, but after watching him become so elitist this season, nah, he's always been this way. The show just enabled and amplified his behavior more. There's a sneak preview for the finale where he's getting his hair cut by Chelsea and he admitted to hitting on Madison before and there was even a clip shown. Then Shep goes, "she wouldn't last one second in my world..."

HIS world. Of course he's above everyone else.

To be fair I wouldn't last a second in Shep's world.

Of course not for any reason he would ever envision.......

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Ashley was on the Mouthing Off With Olivia Caridi.  Unfortunately I fell asleep about a third of the way through because I listen to podcasts to help me fall asleep.  I did notice that Ashley’s words that end in “s” sounded like she was hissing - pretty apropos. 

• Love 1

Party of one checking in! I think Kathryn looks gorgeous in that reunion pic. Hair and makeup are perfect. I normally snark on her outfit choices but I actually think that dress looks great in her. 

Chelsea—who I think is so pretty and normally looks great—looks very blah here. Dress and hairstyle look.. matronly? Maybe it will look better on tv than in this pic.

Count me in as someone who is surprised to see how tall Austen actually is. Maybe it’s not as noticeable because all the main male cast members are tall.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:08 AM, RedDelicious said:

Craig is always on his toes trying to make himself look taller 🤦🏼‍♀️

Craig is 6’3. I wouldn’t t think he has any need to try to appear taller than he actually is. But who knows? 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

https://www.bustle.com/p/southern-charm-star-kathryn-dennis-mom-died-at-59-report-18560338

Genuinely sorry for her loss. I’m through snarking on her for the time being.

I’m genuinely sorry also. I vaguely recall hearing her mother had cancer but didn’t realize she was living with Kathryn at times. Kathryn will need much strength to cope with such a loss. I pray she will continue her sobriety and therapy. 

• Love 4

Kathyrn was recently in a fairly serious car accident- she lost control of her car and crashed into a fence. Allegedly her kids distracted her..... Everyone is ok. Not sure if this occurred before or after Kathyrn lost her mom. 

jex, me also....

"The show wasn't fun for me this season."

i quit it after the second episode, but will return for the reunion.

and i always love to read up here.

• Love 2
On 8/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, breezy424 said:

Wow.  That reunion pix.  Chelsea - what were you thinking?  Cam and Naomi were ho hum.  It looks like one of Kat's better reunion looks. 

Austen is taller than he appears on camera.  Craig looks nice.  Shep looks disheveled as usual and Austen...what the heck are those shoes. 

Everyone makes Andy look like a shrimp

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Danni is a friend of Kate Casey’s and was on her podcast the other night.  Madison directly contacted Danni’s boyfriend Gentry after filming ended and that freaked him out a lot because he didn’t want to be involved with the show or the filming or the storyline and it affected their relationship so they’re no longer together.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Danni is a friend of Kate Casey’s and was on her podcast the other night.  Madison directly contacted Danni’s boyfriend Gentry after filming ended and that freaked him out a lot because he didn’t want to be involved with the show or the filming or the storyline and it affected their relationship so they’re no longer together.   

Son of a BISCUIT!  I hope she mentions this at the reunion!  I was wondering why it seemed like Danni had begun to forgive Madison at the end of the show and then at the reunion it seemed like they were still at odds =(

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, nexxie said:

imo chaos-prone Kathryn needs an older guy with lots of money who will take care of life’s icky details and provide stability for her - she seems overwhelmed on this planet!

A daddy figure yeah I can see that, she does seem attracted to older men.

Edited by Dirtybubble
grammical error
  • Love 2
On 9/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, nexxie said:

imo chaos-prone Kathryn needs an older guy with lots of money who will take care of life’s icky details and provide stability for her - she seems overwhelmed on this planet!

The perfect guy for Kathryn is someone like Andrew, the husband of Real Housewives of Melbourne's Lydiot. She needs a guy who is bemused. A guy who will find some of this shit entertaining, but will shut shit down when it goes too far.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Where’s the video of him with the mushrooms? It sounds like more of Kathryn’s attempts to keep her child support money.

They’ve shown it on some other sites. 

I think they’re both despicable but absolutely Kathryn should be getting child support money. She’s not a saint but she’s also not an admitted rapist nor is she a convicted felon. Unfortunately they’ve learned to manipulate the media to make accusations against each other, legitimate and not. I think that for the next 18 years they will continue to fight, hook up, file charges, hook up, fight, take each other to court, hook up, fight ad nauseum. 

Its been said many times but: Those. Poor. Kids. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

This is going to be another Bethenny Frankel custody style case. Those poor kids will age out before either party can/will  get a grip.

Which is all too common in custody cases these days.

Georgia has a law that allows a kid of a certain age (I think the minimum is 14) to choose who they want to live with; not sure if SC has something similar. Still not ideal given the parents’ issues and the fact that there is a younger sibling involved, but at least the kid(s) wouldn’t have to wait until 18 for the custody battle to end.

Edited by link417
“in,” not “I’m”
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, link417 said:

Which is all too common in custody cases these days.

Georgia has a law that allows a kid of a certain age (I think the minimum is 14) to choose who they want to live with; not sure if SC has something similar. Still not ideal given the parents’ issues and the fact that there is a younger sibling involved, but at least the kid(s) wouldn’t have to wait until 18 for the custody battle to end.

Yeah we have that in my state as well. I believe at age 14 too. Not sure if all judges even have to take that into consideration or just CAN. 🤔

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Useful 1

I worry about Kathryn driving her car off a clift or something with those innocent children in the vehicle. They would be safer with Thomas. He has the money to hire help. Would it be ideal for the kids? Maybe not, but they’d be alive to grow up.

• Love 2
On 9/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I worry about Kathryn driving her car off a clift or something with those innocent children in the vehicle. They would be safer with Thomas. He has the money to hire help. Would it be ideal for the kids? Maybe not, but they’d be alive to grow up.

How do you leave children with a rapist? imo he should only have supervised visits.

• Love 5

They usually start right around Halloween so it’s still a tad early,  maybe they are pushing filming until after BravoCon which is mid-November  so that they don’t have to include that in the show.

Bravo is so weird about what shows they announce are returning and when they announce them. They often don’t mention it until it’s already been filmed.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I honestly wouldn’t be too bothered if they quit filming the show for good; this season kinda sucked, and the lack of the polarizing yet oddly fascinating presence of T-Rav didn’t help things. What more does this cast have to offer at this point beyond the same boring plots rehashed from this past lackluster season?

No point in bringing back Ashley or Landon again, so there’s no real ‘villain’ available to shake things up other than Madison, who ended up making up with everyone by the end anyway. Kathryn has wised up and become the boring mom that Cameron is. Shep and Austen continue to drink/travel randomly while Craig is just chasing his lame pillow dreams. Naomi and Chelsea continue to dreamily follow their boyfriends around the world while quietly working their side hustles. Whitney just shows up and offers bitchy quips whenever he feels like it.

Now I’d adore a spin-off show of some sort with Patricia and Michael. She’s the only true star left on that cast, as far as I’m concerned. Maybe a show with her offering lifestyle advice, makeovers and valuable etiquette lessons to various local ladies or fans who write in to her for help? She could be like a fairy godmother of sorts...and maybe some of the SC crew could drop in randomly with their own assistance.

Please pitch this to Bravo already, Whitney!

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

I honestly wouldn’t be too bothered if they quit filming the show for good; this season kinda sucked, and the lack of the polarizing yet oddly fascinating presence of T-Rav didn’t help things. What more does this cast have to offer at this point beyond the same boring plots rehashed from this past lackluster season?

No point in bringing back Ashley or Landon again, so there’s no real ‘villain’ available to shake things up other than Madison, who ended up making up with everyone by the end anyway. Kathryn has wised up and become the boring mom that Cameron is. Shep and Austen continue to drink/travel randomly while Craig is just chasing his lame pillow dreams. Naomi and Chelsea continue to dreamily follow their boyfriends around the world while quietly working their side hustles. Whitney just shows up and offers bitchy quips whenever he feels like it.

Now I’d adore a spin-off show of some sort with Patricia and Michael. She’s the only true star left on that cast, as far as I’m concerned. Maybe a show with her offering lifestyle advice, makeovers and valuable etiquette lessons to various local ladies or fans who write in to her for help? She could be like a fairy godmother of sorts...and maybe some of the SC crew could drop in randomly with their own assistance.

Please pitch this to Bravo already, Whitney!

Well, they could film some episodes showing us Austen’s threesome video. Nope, wait, they did that already. 

To your points, somebody needs to have an intervention with these people. It says something about their lives if T-Rav was the one holding this show together. 

• Love 1