Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

Seriously though...those poor kids. It doesn’t appear that their paternal grandparents spend much time with them either, so it’s just Kathryn and her parents picking up the slack if Thomas is thrown in prison. And honestly, you have to wonder about Kathryn being able to financially support them on her own whenever this show is finally over.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

It doesn’t appear that their paternal grandparents spend much time with them either, so it’s just Kathryn and her parents picking up the slack if Thomas is thrown in prison.

His father is 91 and his mom is 89. It's quite likely that even if they have the inclination, they largely don't have the energy. However, I think his folks have kept away because they think Thomas is a fuckwit who got involved with a girl who was far too young and troubled. They probably think Thomas, Kathryn, and the battle for the kids is a headache they would happily avoid in their 90s. I feel bad for the kids, but at the same time happy that they might avoid being indoctrinated by racist Arthur Ravenel.

• Love 10

If you follow "notsosoutherncharm" on Instagram, she has posted how Ashley Perkins is now throwing her support behind Thomas Ravanel against Dawn.  Ashley was the woman who said her mom was raped by Thomas. 

Edited by KLJ
45 minutes ago, KLJ said:

If you follow "notsosoutherncharm" on Instagram, she has posted how Ashley Perkins is now throwing her support behind Thomas Ravanel against Dawn.  Ashley was the woman who said her mom was raped by Thomas. 

I'm a little bit skeptical. I went to Twitter to see if I could find the tweet; it was not there. It could be that Ashley deleted it, but there wasn't even weird Twitter reactions to Ashley's "support." NotSoSouthernCharm didn't actually see Ashley's "support" of Thomas. NotSoSouthernCharm was actually reposting it from a post on All About The Tea. All About The Tea has previously demonstrated to have VERY close ties to Thomas. Additionally, there's no single independent verification or screencap of the tweet. I don't know if it ever existed. It's possible it was faked or altered.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, KLJ said:

Meh - they probably deserve it.  Craig is the only other one that is an original cast member right?  Not counting Thomas (since he's done now) and Kathryn (since she wasn't an actual cast member season 1, just weazled her way into events) 

So if anyone should be mad, it should be Craig. But I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron thought about quitting and it was used to keep her on.

2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Is Thomas out on bail or still in jail?

I think I read he made bail. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, gunderda said:

Kathryn (since she wasn't an actual cast member season 1, just weazled her way into events) 

I don't know where this opinion keeps coming from. Whitney sought Kathryn out specifically for her to be on the show. She was going to be his project where he and his mother turned her into the ultimate Stepford Southern belle. She was going to give both he and his mom a storyline. It's why she lived with him at his mother's house and everything. She simply didn't go along with the preset script.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I don't know where this opinion keeps coming from. Whitney sought Kathryn out specifically for her to be on the show. She was going to be his project where he and his mother turned her into the ultimate Stepford Southern belle. She was going to give both he and his mom a storyline. It's why she lived with him at his mother's house and everything. She simply didn't go along with the preset script.

Is that actually documented somewhere?  I'm actually a Kathryn fan so I'm not saying it in a negative way but the way the first season is portrayed is that she was showing up to the same events and kind of working her way around the circle of guys in the group.  And I thought I heard she was actually hired as an extra.  She was not an original cast member in the technical terms.  She had no talking heads and she wasn't a friend of anyone. 

• Love 5
On 9/30/2018 at 9:47 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn’s father cannot be around the children, court ordered. So they will be no help.

Thomas’ parents are too old, as earlier posted. The son has special needs, the daughter has hearing issues. I will pray for them.

Wait, where has it been stated that their children have special needs and hearing issues?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, KLJ said:

Wait, where has it been stated that their children have special needs and hearing issues?

I’d like to know this too. I’ve never heard anything except the speculation that the little boy might have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome but no proof of that at all.

• Love 2

The poster is someone who has stated that they're a friend (or a friend of a friend) of Jennifer Snowden.  They continually post negative speculative unsubstantiated stuff about Kathryn, her sobriety, the kids, etc. despite court rulings to the contrary. Axe to grind, IMHO.

• Love 16
On October 3, 2018 at 4:32 PM, gunderda said:
On October 3, 2018 at 8:17 AM, KLJ said:

Meh - they probably deserve it.  Craig is the only other one that is an original cast member right?  Not counting Thomas (since he's done now) and Kathryn (since she wasn't an actual cast member season 1, just weazled her way into events) 

So if anyone should be mad, it should be Craig. But I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron thought about quitting and it was used to keep her on.

What a perfect way for Satan Andy the satanic production team to begin the season with simmering resentment.

I'm of two minds with Craig - I'm sympathetic because I think he has debilitating undiagnosed ADD and needs coaching and/or meds asap...but he leaves a lot to be desired in terms of character.  It's hard to see what's underneath his self-destructive behaviors until he get a handle on his addictions and ineffective coping skills.  

That being said, I'd be pissed if I were Craig - I'm sure Andy can justify any decision with social media and viewer numbers, but Craig is just as important as d.b. Shep and I-love-her-but-wow-has-she-had-a-charmed-life Cameron.

All of the above was just an excuse to post a pic of these totally cool pillows that a local gift shop sells.  

I'm imagining that this is the kind of thing that Pat had in mind....

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 3.29.09 PM.png

Edited by OldButHappy
format,satanic Andy correction,acronym
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

What a perfect way for Satan Andy to begin the season with simmering resentment.

Andy has nothing to do with Southern Charm other than being hired to host the reunion.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, scrb said:

I thought he ran Bravo.

Nope. He stoped being a VP at Bravo in 2013. He now hosts WWHL and produces it the RH franchise which is part of the deal he made when he left. He also now produces that shit that is the Play By Play show but other than that he is just paid to hosts the other shows reunions and doesn’t control any of the other shows.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Have y'all seen Chelsea's home makeover? Good for her for parlaying her SC money into something useful and practical for her now. At least if this show ends in 2 years, she got a nice house out of it.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Have y'all seen Chelsea's home makeover? Good for her for parlaying her SC money into something useful and practical for her now. At least if this show ends in 2 years, she got a nice house out of it.

No, I haven’t. Where did you come across it? 

• Love 1

An amusing little missive from Ashley Jacob's Instagram page last night:

"After a lot of prayerful consideration, I have decided not to return to Southern Charm next season. I’ve been blessed with an amazing career, family, & friends and I don’t want to put those things in jeopardy for a reality tv show. Honestly I considered filming again because I desperately want to tell my side of the story. But after experiencing how unfair the editing process can be, I don’t think I’ll ever have a fair shot. I appreciate you all following me throughout this journey."

*cough*bullshit*cough

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, scrb said:

Bravo must have dumped her because her story lines have been boring?

I think that she got canned for being an unpredictable liability. Whitney wants nothing to do with her and it’s his production company that runs the series. All of her chatter was just to stay in the lime light as long as possible. Much of what I saw wasn’t flattering to her or her profession. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

An amusing little missive from Ashley Jacob's Instagram page last night:

"After a lot of prayerful consideration, I have decided not to return to Southern Charm next season. I’ve been blessed with an amazing career, family, & friends and I don’t want to put those things in jeopardy for a reality tv show. Honestly I considered filming again because I desperately want to tell my side of the story. But after experiencing how unfair the editing process can be, I don’t think I’ll ever have a fair shot. I appreciate you all following me throughout this journey."

*cough*bullshit*cough

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that she got canned for being an unpredictable liability. Whitney wants nothing to do with her and it’s his production company that runs the series. All of her chatter was just to stay in the lime light as long as possible. Much of what I saw wasn’t flattering to her or her profession. 

I think that's doubtful. Thomas is way more unpredictable and he has money enough to make it unpleasant for all parties if he had wanted to breach his contract in the middle of filming a season. Kim Richards, Porsha Williams, Jax Taylor, Brandi Glanville, and Kelly Bensimon are just as unpredictable Ashley. During Kim's sickest seasons, there was the distinct possibility that she'd overdose and die and that Bravo would truly have to toss all of the footage. The difference is that all of the former individuals still had cast members who would continue to film with them, but Ashley does not. Even when Kathryn was her most isolated, she usually had Craig, Shep, Danni/Jennifer, and Thomas (due to their children) willing to film with her.

Even excluding the rape allegations, I think that whole Luzette Otte situation had a massive chilling effect on the cast. The woman was barely involved with Thomas, but he and Ashley saw fit to spend months trying to ruin her reputation to anyone with ears. It was all so unnecessary and I think it clued everyone else in on the fact that Thomas is a disloyal motherfucker who would happily screw you over if he felt like it. Furthermore JD has his own rape issues. Bravo/Haymaker know that the cast hates her and even if they drag Landon back from California, she's still going to be pretty isolated from everyone else.

Despite Ashley offering the show a circuitous entry into updates about Thomas, she's so disliked that she's more of an impediment than an asset.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ack for some reason, I thought it was Chelsea who was talking about prayerful consideration..