Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

Nobody is paying me to compliment Kathryn.  I like her, always have.  I like her even more this season.  I think she's gorgeous also.

• Love 15
(edited)
On 6/24/2018 at 10:09 PM, link417 said:

Well, now I’m wondering too. I do that shit for free and lord knows I could use some extra coin!

Seriously. She obviously isn't paying much because it isn't like posters here are kissing her ass.  Just appreciating her progress once she broke away from a toxic gaslighting asshole.  

There. I just earned my $1.25.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 10

Don’t spend it all in one place, @CatMomma!

@KLJ — I don’t know who’s dumber, Muppet Mouth or the women who keep falling for (and running back to) him.

”I like to party” is now my official explanation for all things inexplicable.

• Love 7
(edited)
39 minutes ago, link417 said:

Don’t spend it all in one place, @CatMomma!

@KLJ — I don’t know who’s dumber, Muppet Mouth or the women who keep falling for (and running back to) him.

”I like to party” is now my official explanation for all things inexplicable.

Say what you will about Shep, but at least the thousand women he has hooked up with hasn't sold one video to FITS yet. Or maybe he paid them off more. 

And what was with the constant grabbing of the crotch?! Did he get clap or crabs or something?! Gross. 

I guess no one should be surprised though. This is the same guy who thought it was ok to go to bachelorette parties while his girlfriend is waiting at home. His dick ain't going to be loyal until he's married, I guess. But even then, what would stop him from screwing around. New Shep/Thomas indeed.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, zenme said:

Seriously, Austen is not even all that!

He's on TV, got some money.

Of course women will try to hook up with a minor celebrity.

• Love 2

He's the least interesting cast member trying to take a page from Thomas' book and it ain't working. He's also one of those guys that doesn't normally wear glasses but will put them on to make himself look, I don't know, intelligent? Also ain't working. I'm not sure who I dislike more, Austen or Craig. They're both loserish and need to get real lives, not live reality TV life 4 months of the year and flap around in their pseudo-celebrity in Charleston during the rest.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

He's the least interesting cast member trying to take a page from Thomas' book and it ain't working. He's also one of those guys that doesn't normally wear glasses but will put them on to make himself look, I don't know, intelligent? Also ain't working. I'm not sure who I dislike more, Austen or Craig. They're both loserish and need to get real lives, not live reality TV life 4 months of the year and flap around in their pseudo-celebrity in Charleston during the rest.

Ugh! For me it's Craig over Austen. At least Craig is good looking. I can't ever forget when he Kathryn out at the dinner when she said he had no class. That was awesome.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

If you put a gun to my head and I really have to choose someone, it would be Craig with just a small advantage over Austen. At least he respects women and doesn't see them as just holes to put his dick in, unlike muppet mouth. As a lawyer, he does have some semblance of a career, although his procrastination and habitual tardiness would drive me insane. Austen is just an unemployed 30-30-year old drunk at this point. At least Shep can point to his businesses and trust fund on how he is funding his lifestyle.

10 hours ago, scrb said:

There are some people who would do anything for a bit of Instagram notoriety. Just look at the endless parade of Bachelor/ette contestants.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I don't think Craig treats women with respect e.g., throwing Kathryn under the bus in season one multiple times and the way he spoke to Naomie on camera ? I agree he edges out Austen though. 

Look how Naomie spoke to him.  Why is it women get a pass for being nasty, but when a man is nasty to a woman it's somehow worse?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

As a lawyer, he does have some semblance of a career, although his procrastination and habitual tardiness would drive me insane.

Craig isn't a lawyer, he is an artisanal pillow maker.

He does not practice law. He is not employed by himself nor anyone else to practice law. Hell, do we even know if he passed the Bar at this point?

• Love 5
Just now, gingerella said:

Hell, do we even know if he passed the Bar at this poin

Yes and he has been officially sworn in. He has said some vague things about doing legal volunteering but no specifics. Also. Who would want a lawyer who thinks deadlines are arbitrary and doesn’t seem to understand shit.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes and he has been officially sworn in. He has said some vague things about doing legal volunteering but no specifics. Also. Who would want a lawyer who thinks deadlines are arbitrary and doesn’t seem to understand shit.

he'd probably try to sell his pillows to the judge and jury. I could see him seeing he's losing his case and saying "Your honor, I know I'm not winning this case, but I think you might like my pillows, they'd be great for people like you who sit a long time..." He's that dimwitted...Then he'd pull out his pillow with a clip art 'design' of a legal scale or some such bullshit and call it 'designer'.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Craig's behavior, laziness and lack of motivation caused Naomie's frustration. She didn't behave unreasonably as far as I see it. He regrets it now, but he hasn't improved. 

I think so too. During the first few episodes of the season, I thought Naomie was being unreasonably nasty about the whole thing. But seeing how Craig devolved during the season - being habitually late for everything, letting Patricia down regarding the pillowcases deal, how filthy his new home is now that he's on his own, etc. - I can see where most of Naomie's frustration was coming from.

But I still think that when he said that he wanted to make sure everything is over with Naomie before he even starts dating again, and that he didn't want a bring a date to Shep's birthday because he wanted to be sensitive to Naomie's feelings, I thought that was extremely sweet. That is probably some kind of rocket science level hard enough to comprehend for a cretin like Austen. 

• Love 6

Maybe when Bravo cast him, they envisioned being able to film him outside court houses or get a permission from whichever law firm who might hire him to film inside his office or in a conference room.

Nah, they just had to try to sell that these people had money and lived the good life in Charleston.  Craig went to all the bars and restaurants so good for filming in those locales.

Guess they could also plan enough quasi-formal affairs like balls, auctions, christening and polo matches, as if those made-for TV events were suppose to be representative of how people in Charleston lived.

In Craig and Shep's case, they night as well have been cast for Real World because the venues they hung out at were comparable to those on RW/RR, not some upscale place for older, professional people.

• Love 4

LMAO @ "artisanal pillow maker"!  Too good. 

On 7/8/2018 at 2:38 AM, scrb said:

So sad, but so true. 

On 7/8/2018 at 2:29 PM, Neurochick said:

Look how Naomie spoke to him.  Why is it women get a pass for being nasty, but when a man is nasty to a woman it's somehow worse?

Gotta agree with you.  Now, I can't say what went on behind the scenes but on screen, Naomie came off worse - in my opinion - than Craig in their "fights."  She was very demeaning and emasculating in her insults. And she absolutely is coming off as the more unhinged one this past season since they've broken up.  

• Love 2
Just now, Duke2801 said:

LMAO @ "artisanal pillow maker"!  Too good. 

So sad, but so true. 

Gotta agree with you.  Now, I can't say what went on behind the scenes but on screen, Naomie came off worse - in my opinion - than Craig in their "fights."  She was very demeaning and emasculating in her insults. And she absolutely is coming off as the more unhinged one this past season since they've broken up.  

He called her stupid and a child when she was asking him basic questions and wouldn’t wait around for his chronically late ass. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He called her stupid and a child when she was asking him basic questions and wouldn’t wait around for his chronically late ass. 

Yeah I am aware.  I still think she said much worse things to him.  And stalking him via his Iphone after the breakup?  *cue theme music from Psycho*

• Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Yeah I am aware.  I still think she said much worse things to him.  And stalking him via his Iphone after the breakup?  *cue theme music from Psycho*

The iPhone thing is crazy but all of the things she has said about him are based on his actions he just couldn’t handle them. She was meaner to Peyton than she has ever been to Craig.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
On 7/8/2018 at 3:07 PM, gingerella said:

Craig isn't a lawyer, he is an artisanal pillow maker.

He does not practice law. He is not employed by himself nor anyone else to practice law. Hell, do we even know if he passed the Bar at this point?

My opinion of Craig is pretty low.  I don't care for him at all and it's basically due to his own actions.  If people don't want to work, that's up to them, but, he's just deplorable on so many other levels.  

Oh, he did pass the Bar, because I checked, but, he hasn't been sworn in yet, which is required to actually practice, according to Austen.  If Craig is this resistant to practicing law, then he probably shouldn't. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, he did pass the Bar, because I checked, but, he hasn't been sworn in yet, which is required to actually practice, according to Austen.  If Craig is this resistant to practicing law, then he probably shouldn't. 

He was finally sworn in in February.

• Love 4
On 7/8/2018 at 1:19 PM, RedDelicious said:

I don't think Craig treats women with respect e.g., throwing Kathryn under the bus in season one multiple times and the way he spoke to Naomie on camera ? I agree he edges out Austen though. 

I don't think anyone liked Kathryn the first season.  She was obviously trying REAL hard to get on the show. And it worked lol

I didn't like her at all the first season but she became a favorite of mine the 2nd.

• Love 5

I predicted years ago when these reality shows came on TV, the Housewives, etc., that they would implode and the people involved would have criminal charges made public. And it’s happened on more than one show. Who in their right mind goes on TV and exposes their lives, and expects to get out unscathed?

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I predicted years ago when these reality shows came on TV, the Housewives, etc., that they would implode and the people involved would have criminal charges made public. And it’s happened on more than one show. Who in their right mind goes on TV and exposes their lives, and expects to get out unscathed?

Especially when they’re hired because of their “colorful” personalities and situations in the first place.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KLJ said:

Not sure that there is anything new here, but it popped up on my feed today.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/07/17/southern-charm-legal-drama-everybody-is-lawyered-up/

I see that Ashley has also taken down her twitter, Instagram is still up for now.

“Sources familiar with the case tell us Ravenel is eager to put the matter behind him and “seemed willing to throw (Jacobs) under the bus” If necessary.”

What a giant surprise!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Instagram tells us that Patricia, Kathryn and ...wait for it...Luzanne Otte have been spending time together in Bel Air, California.

Thomas must have a serious burning sensation in his anal orifice right now.

Well, especially Kathryn and Otte!

• Love 3
On 7/7/2018 at 7:07 PM, link417 said:

I don’t know who’s dumber, Muppet Mouth or the women who keep falling for (and running back to) him.

or the same women who keep falling for and running back to the possibility of being on the teevee.

On 7/8/2018 at 11:13 AM, slowpoked said:

As a lawyer, he does have some semblance of a career,

So far no career.  Lying about pro bono work doesn't work on a resume.  He has (finally) a law degree, a sewing machine, and no clue.  That's about it.

• Love 5

I'm Team Naomie.   We see what a mess Craig lives in now.  Picture two years of Naomie's coming home from school (maybe work too, I don't know) and hoping to have some quiet time to study and/or have a nice dinner with Craig.  Did he even think of starting dinner?  No!  There's probably a horrible mess in every room that BRAVO didn't want to show.  Naomie may have some Mean Girl tendencies, but she seems to have held in everything long before she broke--really broke.  She comes home to a pigsty and lie after lie after lie.  She can't depend on him to help with anything--he doesn't think schedules mean anything.  Why should he help her when "everything will get done"?  No...that guy is a mess and he's only going to get worse.  We're watching him get worse.  BRAVO is enabling him; Andy Cohen is encouraging him and flirting with him.  Craig's parents need to step in.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/11/2018 at 4:08 PM, gunderda said:

I don't think anyone liked Kathryn the first season.  She was obviously trying REAL hard to get on the show. And it worked lol

I keep seeing this and I don't know where it comes from. Whitney hand picked Kathryn to be on the show. He was going to turn her into presentable arm candy for himself and most likely use her "Eliza Doolittle" make over as a major story line for him and Patricia. There was never any question of whether or not she was going to be on the show.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

And as soon as she laid eyes on Thomas, Whitney was history.

It's been a couple if decades for me, but if I think back to when I was a 20 year old party girl and the only thing on my mind was where my next drink or sex partner was coming from, I would have chosen the guy who promised me the moon over the guy who wanted me to live in his mother's house while he tried to change everything about me from my personality to the way I dressed. Granted, I wouldn't have looked twice at someone as old as Thomas (seriously, when I was 20, 50 would have been positively ancient to me), but I was a lot more shallow about my sex partners at that age. 

• Love 14

I was reading Radar or one of those and had a story about Ashley coming back to Santa Barbara for a club appearance at a place called Matrix (M8RX) and I am trying to get the skinny.  It says she is appearing on July 28 (AJ from Southern Charm” was promoted as appearing at the Matrix night club in Santa Barbara on Saturday, July 28, 2018, with a picture of Jacobs in a big hat smiling for the shot.).  I looked up the club and it is Queen of Pride hosted by someone I know on that date with no mention of Ashley.  When I see her I am going to ask about it.  I am also asking a student worker of mine about it to see if he is going.  I am not sure how she would fit into the Queen of Pride event.  I also think in a town of many famous people they wouldn't be THAT impressed with a non paid reality show participant but you never know.

• Love 2