Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

The only ones who look great are Cameran and Chelsea.  Kathryn's gown does nothing good for her and Natalie looks like she's wearing a table cloth.  The guys looked like they couldn't be bothered finding something unwrinkled to wear with the exception of Shep whose pants are too short (at least he's wearing socks, unlike Austen).

• Love 9

Really? I thought all the gals loooked great--even Kathryn! Austen looks like a middle school principal. I think Shep and Craig look good, but Shep looks like, "Once we take this picture, I am gonna slam this beer!"

Cameran looks great! Especially for just having had a baby, but I'm not surprised!

4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Kathryn needs a new stylist stat.  She is a beautiful woman and I have no idea why she goes the Dynasty route.  

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Compared to the other girls, she really does exude that 80's Dynasty vibe.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Kathryn needs a new stylist stat.  She is a beautiful woman and I have no idea why she goes the Dynasty route.  

I think her hair looks great for a change, but that dress resembles something I wore to a charity gala in the 80’s.     I will say that it flatters her figure, but it looks so matronly IMO. She does need a new stylist! Oh wait, isn’t she a stylist at Gwynn’s? 

• Love 8

Every season, we can usually count on Kathryn to look completely ridiculous with her OTT fashion pageantry. Good for the other gals though, keeping it cute and classy otherwise. They may look a bit tame in comparison to other reality star divas, but at least they don’t look like they got lost on the way to the RHoA reunion stage.

Kadooz to Shep for *finally* pulling himself together—-based on his Instastory, he was very proud of getting suited up in Ferragamo for this year’s shindig.

And I still wish T-Rav could’ve made an appearance; his onscreen spats with Kathryn on these shows are classic! Guess this means those two definitely won’t be having their annual post-reunion show romp this time around. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, zenme said:

Really? I thought all the gals loooked great--even Kathryn! Austen looks like a middle school principal. I think Shep and Craig look good, but Shep looks like, "Once we take this picture, I am gonna slam this beer!"

Cameran looks great! Especially for just having had a baby, but I'm not surprised!

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Compared to the other girls, she really does exude that 80's Dynasty vibe.

I do think that color is stunning on her.  Now if she were going for the Dynasty vibe I will say job well done!  I was kind of touched when she was speaking about her late grandmother and mentioned going to church jazzersize.  I thought that was super sweet.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Every season, we can usually count on Kathryn to look completely ridiculous with her OTT fashion pageantry. Good for the other gals though, keeping it cute and classy otherwise. They may look a bit tame in comparison to other reality star divas, but at least they don’t look like they got lost on the way to the RHoA reunion stage.

Kadooz to Shep for *finally* pulling himself together—-based on his Instastory, he was very proud of getting suited up in Ferragamo for this year’s shindig.

And I still wish T-Rav could’ve made an appearance; his onscreen spats with Kathryn on these shows are classic! Guess this means those two definitely won’t be having their annual post-reunion show romp this time around. 

I LOATHE the reunion wear almost all the time when watching the HWs.  It is all shiny fabric and younger than they should be wearing.  There were 2 outfits that I thought were great on other reunions.  Bethenny's when she was wearing pants and Tamra's jumpsuit last reunion.  Do NOT get me started on Gunvalson.  She always picks dresses that are way too small and prob wears multiple layers of spanx (she looks really packed in).  I like that these women wear age appropriate and stylish dresses.  Maybe Kathryn chooses these types of things because she watched reruns of Aaron Spelling shows as a kid with grandma or is trying to bring back 80's glam.  With her height she really could wear just about anything but shouldn't age herself by going full on Alexis Carrington.

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh wow, Kathryn is way too young for that sort of dress. Great color, though. It would have been cute if that outfit was maybe a pale pink jumpsuit, instead. 

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, cyberfruit said:

Oh wow, Kathryn is way too young for that sort of dress. Great color, though. It would have been cute if that outfit was maybe a pale pink jumpsuit, instead. 

With her legs a jumpsuit would look fabulous!

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

Kathryn would look better if her new bolt-ons weren’t hanging out of her dress. 

Please tell me they don’t really use bolts! :/

• Love 1

Cameron wears beautiful clothing even when it’s casual stuff. It’s a flattering style, beautifully fitted to her body and a good color for her. Why can’t Kathryn follow her lead or ask her for advice? Kathryn is hopelessly lost when it comes to her clothing, styling and colors. She’s tall, has beautiful skin and can wear clothes well when they’re the right style and size for her. Her clothes at the reunions have been hideous and look like something she dug out of her great grandma’s trunk in the attack at the falling down plantation house. I don’t know much about fashion but boy, could I do a better job for her than whoever she’s relying on!

And oh yeah, Kat. Cover up those saggy boobs. We’re all really tired of having to see those on every show on Bravo. Many thanks.

• Love 6
(edited)

That's a great pic of Kathryn. She really is one who needs makeup though, otherwise she looks like Mary, Queen of Scots.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, slowpoked said:

First look at the reunion:

Kathryn looks a bit like the second coming of Loretta Lynn (or maybe a long-lost Mandrell sister).

Meanwhile, Austen is giving us Ed Begley, Jr. realness.

• Love 15
(edited)

Um unless Thomas or someone else impregnated her that is a ridiculously unflattering dress on Kathryn. I mean it’s a hideously ugly dress but it also doesn’t fit her well.

Cam said she got her outfit at Gwynn’s and I assumed that meant they styled her for free, if they did all the women they did Kathryn no favors because she looks like she met to go to a 80s Dynasty theme party and not this event.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Kathryn looks a bit like the second coming of Loretta Lynn (or maybe a long-lost Mandrell sister).

Kathryn looks like a cross between Mae West and Tammy Faye Bakker.  Shep and Austen need to stop shopping for their sportcoats in the Boys department at JC Penney.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/13/2018 at 12:58 PM, Natalie68 said:

Overkill for this event, for sure, and definitely NOT my taste, but I appreciate the Dynasty drama.   Kathryn has her own style, that's for sure.

20 hours ago, zenme said:

That's a great pic of Kathryn. She really is one who needs makeup though, otherwise she looks like Mary, Queen of Scots.

Kathryn, IMO, is stunning.  I agree that without makeup she's got the Mary, Queen of Scots thing going, but I think she's attractive with or without make-up.

9 hours ago, arejay said:

Naomi looks like Wilma Flintstone.

Holy smokes.  I had to do a double-take, but this is spot on.

Austin would be so much more attractive if he dressed up from time to time.  Craig is this cat's meow.  Love him and crush on him (big time).

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

Overkill for this event, for sure, and definitely NOT my style or taste, but I appreciate the Dynasty drama.   Kathryn has her own style, that's for sure.

Kathryn, IMO, is stunning.  I agree that without makeup she's got the Mary, Queen of Scots thing going, but I think she's attractive with or without make-up.

Holy smokes.  I had to do a double-take, but this is spot on.

Austin would be so much more attractive if he dressed up from time to time.  Craig is this cat's meow.  Love him and crush on him (bit time).

If she starts sporting HUGE shoulder pads how long til a fountain fight with Ashley like Alexis and Krystal?  

• Love 7

How is it that even when 'dressing up' for a TV event, Shep looks like an unkempt schlep.Im calling him Schlep from now on. And why can't these ups buy a jacket that is in the correct size? These are all way too short, and combined with the low rider pants that sit on their hips? Just, NO. They look ridiculous. Austen looks like he's getting quite the beer belly in that outfit. And Craig, who normally is the only one who can dress himself well, looks like a dishelved Tom Wolfe wannabe in that linen wrinkled mess of a suit. Hey Craig?! If you're going somewhere where you'll be sitting down most of the time, linen isn't going to be your friend. You'd have done better in seersucker!

I can't even with Kathrine's dress. She looks pregnant firstly, which please lord, let's not go there again. Secondly, that hair?! And thirdly, the sparkled on make up. Why does she think she looks better so over done? She's very attractive with less makeup, natural hair, and normal clothes (I give a pass to the I'll fitting leather sprayed on pants only because it's amusing to see tr et himself staring at her ass, while in his mind they make baby #3).

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Ding, Ding, Ding!  We have a winner!!!

• Love 3
(edited)

Kathryn’s dress would be better as a Dolly Parton costume.

On edit: Hadn’t seen the mention of Loretta Lynn and the Mandrells when I posted this - but yep, them too!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
On 6/12/2018 at 2:11 PM, pasdetrois said:

I understand the policies and guidelines (see my earlier post). However I know many parents who share custody 50/50 and neither pays the other child support. In some cases they each agree to responsibility for specific expenditures, working in a way that they both feel it evens out.

You can do it, but each party has to agree to it and it not be decided in court.  My ex and I wrote out our own agreement when we split, and we split custody 50-50 and neither gets child support.  Been that way for 15 years.  P.S.  I kind of wish it wasn't that way now.  Haha! 

god kathryn, i thought you were getting it together.  let them dress you appropriately where you work.  

please patricia, help this woman.  she needs it and could be fabulous. you could take all the credit.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Not only is Kathryn’s dress a poor choice.....but the girl looks pregnant as hell. Please let it NOT be true, or I will have lost any hope I had for the girl getting her act together.

I'm really hoping that was just Kathryn enjoying the New York food, i.e., a food baby.  Maybe doing some midnight snores eating?

• Love 4
21 hours ago, gingerella said:

How is it that even when 'dressing up' for a TV event, Shep looks like an unkempt schlep.Im calling him Schlep from now on. And why can't these ups buy a jacket that is in the correct size? These are all way too short, and combined with the low rider pants that sit on their hips? Just, NO. They look ridiculous. Austen looks like he's getting quite the beer belly in that outfit. And Craig, who normally is the only one who can dress himself well, looks like a dishelved Tom Wolfe wannabe in that linen wrinkled mess of a suit. Hey Craig?! If you're going somewhere where you'll be sitting down most of the time, linen isn't going to be your friend. You'd have done better in seersucker!

Back in season 1 when Cooper was dressing the guys for his fashion show, Shep noted that he has very long arms and off the rack jackets never fit him. He tried on 2 or 3 different jackets for Cooper before they gave up. I've paid attention since then, and at every reunion it looks like Shep has stolen his little brother's jacket, which I assume means he's gotten clothing from a stylist or designer and nothing fits properly. He needs to commit to a piece of clothing, buy it and have it altered to fit properly so he doesn't look like such a schlep. I don't know why Austin and Craig both look like they slept in their clothes, although I'm going to say that Austin is the worst of the two as he looks like he picked that outfit up off the floor of his bedroom and threw on his "country club and restaurant blue blazer" to make it legit.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, zenme said:

I'm really hoping that was just Kathryn enjoying the New York food, i.e., a food baby.  Maybe doing some midnight snores eating?

I don’t think so. That video that was posted of her in a white dress, dancing around the room with Thomas... she looked a little full there, but not this big. I am betting she’s pregnant by either Thomas or Shep.

• Love 3
Just now, Major Bigtime said:

I don’t think so. That video that was posted of her in a white dress, dancing around the room with Thomas... she looked a little full there, but not this big. I am betting she’s pregnant by either Thomas or Shep.

Ay caramba! 

She did look big in that white dress and I was just hoping it was due to the cut and color. 

Can you imagine if it's true and it's Shep's? He did say he doesn't use condoms. (Insert Macauley Culkin HOme Alone after shave scene here.)

• Love 2

Craig looks like he went into TRav’s closet and stole the suit he wore to his junior prom.

Kathryn’s hair and makeup looks good, but the dress is too much and too old for her.

Austen looks like he is packing on some beer weight.

Nicely done, everyone else.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Not only is Kathryn’s dress a poor choice.....but the girl looks pregnant as hell. Please let it NOT be true, or I will have lost any hope I had for the girl getting her act together.

Yikes, if her belly = pregnant, I must have a baby elephant in mine.  When they showed the flashback this week to her initial pre-first-pregnancy self I was struck by how skinny and young she looked.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ozzy said:

Those are real, yo

No, she’s much larger now than in seasons past. I remember a story about her stealing a bunch of stuff when she stayed at a friend’s house, a couple of years ago. She was talking then about getting breast augmentation. Whatever floats your boat!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I thought she looked pregnant in the dance videos too - but hoped it was her chocolate habit. Can you imagine how Shep’s family would take that? Somehow, creepy as it is, I wouldn’t be surprised about a third Ravenel baby.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Yikes, if her belly = pregnant, I must have a baby elephant in mine.  When they showed the flashback this week to her initial pre-first-pregnancy self I was struck by how skinny and young she looked.

"I'm pregnant with a baby elephant.  Want to see it's trunk?"  -- most hilarious pick-up line ever tried on me

Anyway, I hope shes just gained weight and not pregnant.  Girl doesn't need more kids.  At least not for now.  

It boggles my mind that Katherine is a stylist.  That's like me being a personal trainer.

• Love 7