Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, mjstrick said:

I read somewhere a little while ago that after the reunion aired last night, the club canceled her appearance.

Interesting!  It is a weird choice though to have her at Queen of Pride though and I would be surprised if many people here know who she is.  Pretty ballsy for a venue to add a guest to an event that has been booked by another group.   

• Love 1

Charmers,

Ashley was invited to appear at the club.  The pride event was then added to their calendar.  Ashley will not be appearing at the pride event. So her club appearance is off (not that I think there are thousands of people crying over the missed opportunity to meet her).

If you want to comment on this story, please remember that PTV has a strict NO POLITICS rule.  Posts that have violated this rule have been removed from the thread.  There are many places on line to discuss all things political.  PTV is not one of them.  We are all about TV!

Thanks!

If you have questions, please PM @PrincessPurrsALot.

• Love 1

Ashley is on Instagram posing with two people in wheelchairs. Trying to rehabilitate her image? Too late for that.

Sorry, I see that you guys are ahead of me and this is already on the Thomas thread.

• Love 1

So I asked a few people who were working Queen of Pride and just spoke to one of my students who actually works and books for this club (not the person who booked AJ).  It was news to me he works there.  Anyway, according to the Pride folks, they were getting people stomping into their offices as soon as they heard she was going to be there telling them they wanted her cut.  There is no AJ love with this audience.  My student thinks he has seen her before in other clubs.  I filled him in on the rumors (which he has heard about others, not really her).  He said  that the promoter/booker for her thought she would be popular since she was the star of the show.  I said she is not the star of the show, she is a new cast member who if reports are correct was an unpaid cast member who is super unpopular.  I also told him he needs to keep my apprised of all reality show bookings!  Since I know him I am sure I can convince him to put me on some guest list.  If Wed weren't Fiesta, I would go to the club where she is expected to appear.  I do not want to venture near downtown SB this week.

• Love 9

So I’ve spent the last 5 years believing that Kathryn was an only child only to find out through her Instagram story that her brother, Luke, is getting married and that Kensie will be the flower girl. So anyone know if this an actual relative type of brother or a close friend kind of brother? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zenme said:

I believe we "met" Luke in season 2. He's her brother, and was at Kensie's christening.

I remember that her dad, Luke, was there, but didn’t catch that her brother was there. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The difference is staggering.  The essay is from her Instagram yesterday I think.  Reads like the diary of a 15-yr old.

Screenshot (145).png

Screenshot (146).png

Yowzaas. Yeah, while we all know shit happens and sometimes life will make you have to turn on a dime, most adults aim for a stable life and plan out steps and goals—Not be glad to wake up every day in complete emotional chaos. But, then again, most adults probably don’t jump out behind curtains to scare each other daily and think it’s romantic to play Bates Motel in the typical day in the life of your relationship. No wonder why she got so skinny, it sounds like she lives every moment in a state of high-anxiety and her adrenaline is constantly pumping. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, scrb said:

I never watch that show but do they have mothers as contestants?

Who takes care of the kids while she's away for however long to film a season of that?

I only started watching the show with Rachel’s season but somehow I recall Emily being a mother while being the Bachelorette. People with kids have also competed as suitors on the show, and parents have competed on reality shows like Big Brother (Devon: “I have a daughter!”) with kids at home, so they work it out somehow.

If true, I would totally tune in to Kathryn’s season!

Edited by link417
Damn iPhone
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

They’re just finishing up the Bachelorette. Next we’re going into Bachelor in Paradise, and The Bachelor follows—with Dancing with the Stars in between—so they haven’t even cast The Bachelor yet!! There’s no way they’d lock down the Bachelorette before they even film and start airing The Bachelor. They go with “fan favorites” who have had their heart broken and they wouldn’t take an outsider unless there was no clear favorite in the group. HOWEVER, one thing i’ve learned is that LOTS of people are led to believe they’re going to be the next lead and then have the rug pulled out from underneath him/her last-minute. So it’s entirely possible some producer is talking her up that she’d be great on the show, but there’s no way in hell they’d make a decision or have her sign a contract or something THIS far out. They’ve apparently changed their mind within days of filming before.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

So it’s entirely possible some producer is talking her up that she’d be great on the show, but there’s no way in hell they’d make a decision or have her sign a contract or something THIS far out. They’ve apparently changed their mind within days of filming before.

This I agree with because the ratings for the show are so much higher than SC that any fan favorite from Bachelor or Paradise would be much more of a draw than KD but it being discussed so early it’s clear that this is never going to happen.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

They’re just finishing up the Bachelorette. Next we’re going into Bachelor in Paradise, and The Bachelor follows—with Dancing with the Stars in between—so they haven’t even cast The Bachelor yet!! There’s no way they’d lock down the Bachelorette before they even film and start airing The Bachelor. They go with “fan favorites” who have had their heart broken and they wouldn’t take an outsider unless there was no clear favorite in the group. HOWEVER, one thing i’ve learned is that LOTS of people are led to believe they’re going to be the next lead and then have the rug pulled out from underneath him/her last-minute. So it’s entirely possible some producer is talking her up that she’d be great on the show, but there’s no way in hell they’d make a decision or have her sign a contract or something THIS far out. They’ve apparently changed their mind within days of filming before.

Personally I hope this isn’t true.  She would be held up to such intense scrutiny throughout the process.  And it would take her away from her children for a while. 

• Love 7

I posted in another thread, if Kathryn were filmed making out with a bunch of different guys, possibly going into a bedroom and closing the door... Thomas would use that against her and she’s lose her kids for sure. She needs to stay off TV.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

One of the blind gossip sites posted within the past week that Ashley was spotted with another man. Either NYC or I guess in CA.

I saw that but it didn’t surprise me. She seems like an...opportunist. She needs to get a new game quickly considering her nursing career might be in jeopardy. 

• Love 4

Shep and Kathryn posted on Twitter and IG about a surprise birthday party for Kathryn last night. I think her birthday -- she's now 27 -- is today. IIRC Pat hosted. There's a nice photo of Pat, Kathryn, and Shep. Kathryn wrote a sweet message about it being her best birthday and a wonderful surprise.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Shep and Kathryn posted on Twitter and IG about a surprise birthday party for Kathryn last night. I think her birthday -- she's now 27 -- is today. IIRC Pat hosted. There's a nice photo of Pat, Kathryn, and Shep. Kathryn wrote a sweet message about it being her best birthday and a wonderful surprise.

Really nice pic!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Really nice pic!

I'm getting sort of weary with Patricia cozying up to Kathryn.  I think her I Was Wrong About Her, She's Really Awesome tour needs to wind down.  That said, it's nice to see her in something besides those tired, ugly caftans.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn has moved from one alcoholic to another. She needs a mediator to work between her and Thomas when handling affairs of their children. She’s obviously not making good adult decisions.

Who’s the new alcoholic - Shep or Pat?

• Love 2

People has joined in on the speculation:

https://people.com/tv/southern-charm-thomas-ravenel-ashley-jacobs-reported-split/

I don't like Ashley, but I find this part really sad (for her):

“He is the only person who can really relate with me and has gone through the same experience with me,” she continued. “I can’t really relate to anyone else, not even my family or friends. I get off of work and he’s always my first call. He’s my family. He’s all I have here. It’s made us stronger that way.”

She's really hitched all her wagons to Thomas. I hate to think what could possibly happen when they indeed break up...

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Shep. And God only knows how many other women he’s banging.

I hope she doesn't get too attached because I can't honestly see Shep's mom approving of that--and I can't say I blame her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, zenme said:

I hope she doesn't get too attached because I can't honestly see Shep's mom approving of that--and I can't say I blame her.

Shep's mom should at least have equal concerns over her son's lifestyle.  Maybe hedonism reigns supreme on the Rose family tree.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Shep's mom should at least have equal concerns over her son's lifestyle.  Maybe hedonism reigns supreme on the Rose family tree.

In wealthy, entitled, Southern, white families, that behavior is just “boys being boys” - perfectly acceptable, and even roguishly charming.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She's baaaack.  

My $.02 -   She looks much better in this pic than she did at the reunion and in the last few weeks of photos prior to that.  She seems now to fancy herself a poet and a philosopher.  She should stick to nursing.

Screenshot (166).png

No she shouldn't. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She's baaaack.  

My $.02 -   She looks much better in this pic than she did at the reunion and in the last few weeks of photos prior to that.  She seems now to fancy herself a poet and a philosopher.  She should stick to nursing.

Screenshot (166).png

She’s “compassionate?” ?

• Love 3