Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

Convenient timing that TRav is on social media about not coming back and Ashley is confirming the break up.

I would not be shocked if they cut TRav loose over the rape allegations and Ashley stirred up enough drama to get a spot on the show as long as TRav is not in the picture.

• Love 2

It's gonna be the Kathryn show from here on out. Unless she gets another gig. I read gossip speculation that her agent is trying for the Bachelorette. I think her current Bravo contract prohibits other shows, but I think she will try to leverage her notoriety into other work. Because everyone else is so boring (girl code club - gag) and lining up behind the Kathryn redemption storyline, the show has completely changed and I question whether it can sustain itself. It will be interesting to watch the ratings without the Kathryn/T-rav drama.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

It's gonna be the Kathryn show from here on out. Unless she gets another gig. I read gossip speculation that her agent is trying for the Bachelorette. I think her current Bravo contract prohibits other shows, but I think she will try to leverage her notoriety into other work. Because everyone else is so boring (girl code club - gag) and lining up behind the Kathryn redemption storyline, the show has completely changed and I question whether it can sustain itself. It will be interesting to watch the ratings without the Kathryn/T-rav drama.

I mentioned ^upthread a bit that they should have no problem finding a replacement asshole or three for the departing TRav.  Bravo has proven over and again, their knack for creating profitable messiness.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Geez, she’s hoping to stay on the show, even without Thomas.

It's what I've suspected for a while.  Why else wouldn't she move back to California?  Wondering what the ratio of one-percenters is in the Charleston area vs. her home base, relative to the population?  As with all things, follow the money.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
Added a comma where one probably doesn't belong.
  • Love 5

Too little, too late.

She  is an opportunist.  Not sure whether Andy would do this or not, but I have no interest in watching eight weeks of a redemption tour.

• Love 13

Has anyone read the comments on her instagram post (specifically, the apology letter, but really all posts in general too).  OMG....girl has so many leghumpers it is over the top.  A ton of cheerleaders and supporters.  Who are these insane people?  And why?????  Honestly, who cares enough about her one way or the other?!  She is 100% angling for her own spot on the show, sans Thomas. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kiki620 said:

Has anyone read the comments on her instagram post (specifically, the apology letter, but really all posts in general too).  OMG....girl has so many leghumpers it is over the top.  A ton of cheerleaders and supporters.  Who are these insane people?  And why?????  Honestly, who cares enough about her one way or the other?!  She is 100% angling for her own spot on the show, sans Thomas. 

Those insane people probably just want to be on the show with her if (and that’s a big if) she returns for next season. 

You can buy followers...

Anyway, re: the post... how can she not have realized that there would be an “unbreakable” bond between child and parent? I mean, wouldn’t that be somehow addressed in nursing school, even? (Maybe not, I dunno) And unless she was raised by proverbial wolves, why would it take long chats “with family and friends” to realize that you don’t treat a parent—nay, a human—that way?

• Love 10
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Ashley’s problem is that none of the cast like her, so there was no one to film with her. 

That didn't stop Kathryn for several seasons has it?

Cam and Patricia wanted nothing to do with her.  They had to put Jennifer on the show just to have someone to shoot scenes with.

But her story probably drives ratings so if the other cast want the gravy train going, they'll play supporting players, unless they want to reveal their own drama.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, scrb said:

That didn't stop Kathryn for several seasons has it?

Cam and Patricia aren’t the only people on the show, Kathryn also filmed with Danni, Craig, Shep, Thomas, etc and was connected to the show. Cam filmed with her she just wouldn’t film one on one and didn’t invite her or Thomas to her house but didn’t not go to events that she was at. It’s not at all the same situation.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

To be honest, they all do.  I follow several Bravolebrities, and every one without exception has commenters fawning all over them.  I'm embarrassed for these folks for some reason.  I hardly talk to people I love and am related to in the same manner, lol.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Cam and Patricia aren’t the only people on the show, Kathryn also filmed with Danni, Craig, Shep, Thomas, etc and was connected to the show. Cam filmed with her she just wouldn’t film one on one and didn’t invite her or Thomas to her house but didn’t not go to events that she was at. It’s not at all the same situation.

True but she's only been on one season, had a couple of awful moments.

Kathryn cursed at everyone, lunged at Whitney.

If Bravo thinks Ashley will bring more drama, they might be willing to hire "friends" who will film with her.

2 minutes ago, scrb said:

ravo thinks Ashley will bring more drama, they might be willing to hire "friends" who will film with her.

They didn’t even hire her, she was only paid for the reunion. Also, I think they will want to actively avoid the Thomas of it all and that is the only thing that made her relevant. 

• Love 5
On 8/24/2018 at 1:18 AM, biakbiak said:

They didn’t even hire her, she was only paid for the reunion. Also, I think they will want to actively avoid the Thomas of it all and that is the only thing that made her relevant. 

I have to agree. I think they are going to avoid everything possible that remotely connects them to Thomas in the future. I thought it was interesting that the after show clips for season 5, Thomas was only in 1 of them. People just began to connect the dots this last season about how emotionally abusive Thomas was and then with the other stories coming out... He’s too toxic to have around a popular franchise—especially in this day and age. 

• Love 2
On 8/3/2018 at 1:40 PM, Koalagirl said:

Super late to this party, but I hope everyone speculating that this is false is correct.  I'm not a hardcore Bachelor/Bachelorette watcher but it just seems like its the last place that someone trying to get their shit together needs to be.  So I hope for Kathryn and her children's sake, that this isn't happening.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Super late to this party, but I hope everyone speculating that this is false is correct.  I'm not a hardcore Bachelor/Bachelorette watcher but it just seems like its the last place that someone trying to get their shit together needs to be.  So I hope for Kathryn and her children's sake, that this isn't happening.

I don’t see this happening and think either Kathryn or her management started this silly rumor—-my mom is still an avid B/B’ette viewer(I quit watching that bile years ago), but I know enough about the series to realize that in recent years they’ve always picked unchosen fan favorites from each season of this show to be their next Bachelor/Bachelorette. It’s a guaranteed ratings bonanza! Whereas it’d be way too weird for the show’s viewers to suddenly see some random Bravolebrity cast in an otherwise established series like that. How many viewers of that show even watch SC, honestly?

On that note, I used to think Shep would’ve been an awesomely random choice to be cast on The Bachelor until I watched “Relationshep;” his charm was a bit too diminished in other cities where no one knew him and without other cast members/friends around to bounce his goofiness off of...apparently most of the girls cast all agreed since some of them voluntarily left and the gal he chose apparently dumped him right away. What a stupid show, but I’m glad they at least gave him a chance to show off his sad dating skills.

Now I’m just hoping they don’t try the sad Bravo dating spinoff show with Kathryn...none of these types of spinoffs seem to ever work anyway(lest we forget Jo from RHofOC or the Manzo family)...it’s a miracle that “Tardy for the Party” is still airing, although I’d totally watch a Patricia spinoff.

• Love 5

Now that you mention a Bravo dating show, I hope the rumor isn't just being floated to get her one of those.  I don't think it would be as bad, but it's probably still not a great situation to put herself in.  Also, it'd probably be as boring as Shep's.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Now I’m just hoping they don’t try the sad Bravo dating spinoff show with Kathryn...none of these types of spinoffs seem to ever work anyway(lest we forget Jo from RHofOC or the Manzo family)...it’s a miracle that “Tardy for the Party” is still airing, although I’d totally watch a Patricia spinoff.

Dang, I almost HAD forgotten!

Most Bravo spin-offs dealing with individual characters haven’t worked (aside from VPR and, ugh, Tardy—and VPR is really the lightning in a bottle phenomenon... ripoffs like Very Cavallari have been boring if not outright noxious). I don’t think Kathryn could sustain that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

I don’t see this happening and think either Kathryn or her management started this silly rumor—-my mom is still an avid B/B’ette viewer(I quit watching that bile years ago), but I know enough about the series to realize that in recent years they’ve always picked unchosen fan favorites from each season of this show to be their next Bachelor/Bachelorette. It’s a guaranteed ratings bonanza! Whereas it’d be way too weird for the show’s viewers to suddenly see some random Bravolebrity cast in an otherwise established series like that. How many viewers of that show even watch SC, honestly?

On that note, I used to think Shep would’ve been an awesomely random choice to be cast on The Bachelor until I watched “Relationshep;” his charm was a bit too diminished in other cities where no one knew him and without other cast members/friends around to bounce his goofiness off of...apparently most of the girls cast all agreed since some of them voluntarily left and the gal he chose apparently dumped him right away. What a stupid show, but I’m glad they at least gave him a chance to show off his sad dating skills.

I don't watch any ABC show but if any of them were going to take on some D-list cast from SC (although Kathy Griffin calls herself on the D list so maybe SC cast is more like the F-list) it would probably be Dancing with the Stars?

That's if they're really hard up casting that show.

Even then, aren't there several Bravo shows which get higher ratings than SC?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Dang, I almost HAD forgotten!

Most Bravo spin-offs dealing with individual characters haven’t worked (aside from VPR and, ugh, Tardy—and VPR is really the lightning in a bottle phenomenon... ripoffs like Very Cavallari have been boring if not outright noxious). I don’t think Kathryn could sustain that. 

Funny how VPR has gradually become such a smash Bravo hit—-I remember watching the very first few episodes and absolutely *loathing* each of those smug, drunken assholes, thinking the show was pure trash that wouldn’t even last a season. And then just like a bad case of herpes, they all eventually started growing on me and I began to actually enjoy watching their various gross misadventures. Like you couldn’t help but somehow find those chucklefucks oddly endearing in all their douchetacular, wannabe glory. It probably helps that the goofy cast itself is so charming and they’re all more than willing to air out their dirtiest laundry onscreen.

E! has desperately tried to recapture that similar VPR magic with often pathetic results((I hate-watch “Very Cavallari” because those basics are too boring to even be on TV)), but it’s been fascinating to watch VPR evolve. Interesting how SC’s other spinoffs just can’t seem to find that same winning formula as the original one has.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4

I think it helps that’s both VPR and SC have casts that have authentic connections to one another—for the most part there isn’t the fiction of “being friends” but really never knowing each other (kind of like The Hills in its later seasons). In the case of the SC spinoffs, the people just aren’t that interesting—and they don’t seem to do goofy stuff on social media the way the other casts do (I’m making an assumption there... but I don’t see it too much). And they don’t make the news rounds the way some casts *cough TRav cough* do. And in a way, there is less familiarity. We “knew” VPR because we were aware of Scheana (and LVP). We “knew” SC because of Cameran. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

SC have casts that have authentic connections to one another

Most just knew Whitney not each other, it always blows my mind that Cam and Shep met at the dinner Whitney arranged of the cast before filming started because they have such a great friendship rapport.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Most just knew Whitney not each other, it always blows my mind that Cam and Shep met at the dinner Whitney arranged of the cast before filming started because they have such a great friendship rapport.

Really - they must’ve just clicked.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Interestingly, Craig Conover has been spending the entire summer in The Bahamas.  Purely coincidental I'm sure.

Different islands. Craig was in the Bahamas working with some project with Whitney though Whitney is now in Europe.

3 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Yeah I saw that later.

If true I hope he goes to prison. Both he and Thomas.

2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

That was the first one I posted upthread.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

Does any other reality TV show have two cast members (actually JD isn't a regular) with a cloud of suspicion about sexual assault hanging over them?

What losers, couldn't get groupies so they had to resort to slimy behavior.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This was posted by Liz, three days ago.  A nuzzle.  Ugh.

Screenshot (178).png

Sick.

I understand not bashing him to their children but this is just wrong.

She has to be aware of the aplegations and then she does this? She deserves him.

• Love 8

I feel kind of the same when I see Katherine posting the happy family pictures with Thomas.  I get that they are his kids, and obviously they shouldn't be aware of the situation, and I can see why Katherine wouldn't want to publicly trash Thomas or take a side, but, I think posting the pictures of all of them together, or him with the kids lets him use them for cover.  Certainly Thomas would have the right to post pics of his own kids, but, if I were in Katherine's shoes, I wouldn't be posting pictures with Thomas and the kids in them, as I wouldn't be making a statement either way about things.  

• Love 8

Apparently he's also got new lawsuits filed against him at local and federal levels this month.

"This month, Madison and his various corporate entities have become embroiled in several lawsuits on the local and federal level.  Records indicate three new actions have been brought against him (or his incorporations) in the last month alone."

From the "fitnews" link above.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, smores said:

I feel kind of the same when I see Katherine posting the happy family pictures with Thomas.  I get that they are his kids, and obviously they shouldn't be aware of the situation, and I can see why Katherine wouldn't want to publicly trash Thomas or take a side, but, I think posting the pictures of all of them together, or him with the kids lets him use them for cover.  Certainly Thomas would have the right to post pics of his own kids, but, if I were in Katherine's shoes, I wouldn't be posting pictures with Thomas and the kids in them, as I wouldn't be making a statement either way about things.  

I see your point.

• Love 1