Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lola16

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

So, we have to be miserable 24/7?  Every fluffy reality show has to be political?  Entertainment is an escape.  If I want political, I can watch the news 24/7 or go protest.  

This is life today and all of us have to live life on life's terms.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

expense.  So, now it’s a bad thing for Austin to offer kind words? 

No for being a whiny asshat when she had a different view point about her own business; particularly when protests around the death of black men by the police are more personal to her than they are to Austin because her husband is black and she is raising a biracial child. All she said was windows can be replaced lives cannot, Austin choose to complain about her response rather than wonder why she felt like that.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 15
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

No for being a whiny asshat when she had a different view point about her own business; particularly when protests around the death of black men by the police are more personal to her than they are to Austin because her husband is black and she is raising a biracial child. All she said was windows can be replaced lives cannot, Austin choose to complain about her response rather than wonder why she felt like that.

Austin did the right thing. He did what polite people should do under the circumstances.  Then he explained why he chose to stay silent, to avoid saying the wrong thing.  I 100% agree with Austin and Craig on this.  “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.”  In these situations, you are damned if you don’t and damned if you do, like walking on eggshells.  Who the F is Leva to dictate the terms of society??  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, IKnowRight said:

Who the F is Leva to dictate the terms of society??  

Leva wasn’t dictating the terms of society she was responding to how she felt about her and her husband’s business.  You don’t get to dictate anyone’s feelings and Leva didn’t do that to Austin she responded how she felt, and him deciding to be offended by that response is in on him. 

  • Like 20
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

This is life today and all of us have to live life on life's terms.

No, life’s terms are not dictated by Leva and her buddies, or Bravo.  It’s not dictated by people smashing windows and looting either.  That’s accepting terms based on intimidation and threats.  I refuse to live under those terms.  Respect works both ways. People need to hear each other, not shame you into apologizing just to make you feel better.

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Leva wasn’t dictating the terms of society she was responding to how she felt about her and her husband’s business.  You don’t get to dictate anyone’s feelings and Leva didn’t do that to Austin she responded how she felt, and him deciding to be offended by that response is in on him. 

Austin did nothing wrong.  He also has a right to his opinions as well.  Her feelings on her problem too. 

1 minute ago, IKnowRight said:

No, life’s terms are not dictated by Leva and her buddies, or Bravo.  It’s not dictated by people smashing windows and looting either.  That’s accepting terms based on intimidation and threats.  I refuse to live under those terms.  Respect works both ways. People need to hear each other, not shame you into apologizing just to make you feel better.

Austin did nothing wrong.  He also has a right to his opinions as well. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

He also has a right to his opinions as well.  Her feelings on her problem too. 

She isn’t the one who went off to the media to complain about his reaction which is what he did, acting as the offended party when it was literally her windows that had been broken. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

She isn’t the one who went off to the media to complain about his reaction which is what he did, acting as the offended party when it was literally her windows that had been broken. 

He has a right to respond and express how he feels.  People were going after Austin and Craig for literally NOT saying anything.  So he was giving an example of why had been quiet and how he was slammed for what he thought was right.  EveryONE has a right to express their opinion.  He has just as much of a right to have an opinion as anybody else.  People need to calm down. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, IKnowRight said:

quiet and how he was slammed for what he thought was right.  

And my point is that taking what Leva said about her own feelings about her own business as a slam against him  is Austin being a self involved asshat who actually isn’t interested in anyone’s experiences but his own. 

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

So, we have to be miserable 24/7?  Every fluffy reality show has to be political?  Entertainment is an escape.  If I want political, I can watch the news 24/7 or go protest.  

 

 

tumblr_ml87q0tkrp1re3x32o1_.gif

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

How about we leave people alone?  Some are mad at their silence?  Geez. They are probably afraid of saying the wrong thing.  When has silence become problematic?  It’s wise to stay silent when you aren’t sure what to say. That’s what I call a mature decision. 

I think the reason that some folks and myself find their silence in particular a bit troubling is because these reality stars have thousands of online followers and have such a huge PUBLIC PLATFORM to offer not only valid opinions, but the option to educate and rally a variety of efforts among their fans/followers for worthwhile causes. I feel like it’s almost a responsibility at some point as a “public figure” and with that many SM followers to at least post something now and then about the world at large.
If they’re willing to use these same platforms to desperately shill everything from diet shakes to FabFitFun boxes to their followers, why shouldn’t they also offer a simple post or two acknowledging current events or offering respect to activism/events of this climate?

And honestly, their silence points to the fact that they must’ve been a bit embarrassed by their own political beliefs. Or maybe it just further highlights they’re indeed just THAT vapid/self-centered to not even acknowledge anything in their worlds outside of themselves and their own vain interests(ahem, Kathryn).
Some SC cast members particularly continue to keep quiet on such matters via SM because they obviously don’t want to lose fans or potential sponsors. Sure, it’s definitely their business to do so, but I certainly can’t respect them for it.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

And honestly, their silence points to the fact that they must’ve been a bit embarrassed by their own political beliefs. Or maybe it just further highlights they’re indeed just THAT vapid/self-centered to not even acknowledge anything in their worlds outside of themselves and their own vain interests(ahem, Kathryn).

I politely disagree with your post.  You want these folks to speak out; I think that is your objection.  They didn't speak out.  Remember this is a forum about people in Charleston.  Are they speaking out about BLM (and I think they agree with that) or are they speaking out about all of the senseless violence?  I think shutting up is just about the best thing they can do to save the show.

I guess I'm not sure what you want them to do?  I'm also not sure what their political beliefs would be good? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, albarino said:

I politely disagree with your post.  You want these folks to speak out; I think that is your objection.  They didn't speak out.  Remember this is a forum about people in Charleston.  Are they speaking out about BLM (and I think they agree with that) or are they speaking out about all of the senseless violence?  I think shutting up is just about the best thing they can do to save the show.

I guess I'm not sure what you want them to do?  I'm also not sure what their political beliefs would be good? 

Acknowledging BLM and its victims/activists on their SM and/or IG stories would’ve been refreshing to see from them; simply posting a black square during the SM blackout day would’ve been appropriate and showed solidarity. Posting a meme, giving some props, pointing out some local black-owned businesses for fans to visit and support in/around Charleston, for starters. Openly acknowledging their white privilege and trying to help spread awareness for themselves and their followers. Shep and to a lesser extent Cameron have done an *excellent* job about occasionally speaking up on their Twitter and Instagram and/or offering their random thoughts via their IG stories on today’s more pressing issues, for instance.


These are just nice little socially aware gestures that would look far better for the cast to actively offer than complete silence/complicity.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

This is life today and all of us have to live life on life's terms.

Who watches tv for real life?  I don’t, and I bet most people don’t.  News shows, yes.  Reality tv?  No.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

Who watches tv for real life?  I don’t, and I bet most people don’t.  News shows, yes.  Reality tv?  No.

Yet so many of these threads complain how all these shows are fake and want them to actually talk about what is really going on in these peoples lives. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

When reality shows collide Austin and Craig were getting wasted ass drunk on IG live with Kristin Cavaleri at her house with her hairdresser. Apparently there was discussion about Kristen and Austen hooking up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

When reality shows collide Austin and Craig were getting wasted ass drunk on IG live with Kristin Cavaleri at her house with her hairdresser. Apparently there was discussion about Kristen and Austen hooking up.

Such an immature stunt and it’s been all over the reality gossip boards today; the thirst is REAL and all parties involved are so dehydrated.
Beyond just the grossness of them all obviously sharing spittle, drinks and other assorted substances(sniff-sniff) together in the middle of a damned pandemic(TN is currently the #1 Covid hotspot in the nation, btw), it’s the bunch of pathetic 30-somethings acting like wasted teenagers while singing Taylor Swift on Instagram live for me.

Kristen is sitting on Austen’s shoulders while barely wearing a thing, Craig is hanging all over Kristen’s gay hairdresser between stroking a poor dog while topless, and obviously it’s a desperate way of Kristen/Austen trying to stick it to their ex’es in a very public way.

That said, I hope we see Madison release a video soon whilst humping Jay Cutler.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don't watch WWHL so I'm not sure what Madison said exactly about Craig and his new girlfriend but if this is true then that is just being mean and hateful.  Why show Madison even care about Craig and his new gf?  So what if Austen hooked up with her in the past?

Quote

We were down in Nashville filming the first episode of our podcast ‘Pillows and Beer,’ and she’s our first guest.

Oh Vey!  Craig and Austen have a new podcast and their first guest is Kristin is their first guest??  Ugh that just sounds stupid to me....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Here's a little walk down memory lane - Season One Carolina Day:

https://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/photos/white-lies-and-ties-at-carolina-day#10133556

Kathryn looked absolutely gorgeous until the pictures where she's clearly had too much to drink.  I loved her look at that party - the long green dress and flat gold sandals (so she wouldn't tower over TRav).  Danni looked like low tide which is a shame because she's a pretty girl and has a model figure.  The natural Cam we loved then.  I still don't know who Jenna was.  Even though TRav is an absolute scumbag, I like the picture of him outside with Whitney.  Didn't they have a fight though or am I misremembering?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Does Kathryn pay for the styling and the clothes?

When she worked for that dept. store, presumably not.

But now that she's lost that gig, is anyone paying her?  Does she have a big IG following?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Does Kathryn pay for the styling and the clothes?

When she worked for that dept. store, presumably not.

But now that she's lost that gig, is anyone paying her?  Does she have a big IG following?

 

 

She has 900k IG followers. WTF? Who are those people?

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She has 900k IG followers. WTF? Who are those people?

They could be bots. But I am actually surprised it’s that low given how everyone says she is so essential to the show and Cam has 1.3 million.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Cam WAS essential and as such, deserves to have the highest number of followers. I'd never label Kathryn essential, especially now that her foil, Thomas, is gone.

I was using “everyone” in a hyperbolic sense but many, many people have insisted she and Thomas are the only reason the show works and Cam was boring and uninteresting and needed to go. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I noted Kathryn's relationship with Thomas as a factor in making her *more* essential than she is now. Cam's function as the Greek chorus was essential in setting the scenes in this particular format. I noticed that Craig's role as narrator is scaled way back from what Can did. And I am not feeling Craig in that role. Shep might have been a better choice. More personality.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

BravoTV website has put the reunion looks.  Enh most I don't care for but I do like Danni's look.  The dress is very pretty and the pink color is very nice on her.

I've been seeing on IG and Twitter that everybody seems to LOVE Katherine's new look--enh I don't really care for it.  It may be because I just dislike her so much that it's soured me to her all together.

https://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/style-living/season-7-reunion-spoilers-dresses-fashion

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

BravoTV website has put the reunion looks.  Enh most I don't care for but I do like Danni's look.  The dress is very pretty and the pink color is very nice on her.

I've been seeing on IG and Twitter that everybody seems to LOVE Katherine's new look--enh I don't really care for it.  It may be because I just dislike her so much that it's soured me to her all together.

https://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/style-living/season-7-reunion-spoilers-dresses-fashion

Danni's dress looks so pretty!  I think Shep looks the best of the boys.  I like his outfit a lot, very put together.  Strong Ginger McKenna (Casino) vibes from Kathryn.  Craig and Austen look terrible.  I can't with skinnies on guys.  Pringle just looks plain.  But more than anything, I can't stand it when guys don't wear an undershirt.  It just looks gross.  I'm old school.  I don't want to see your bare skin under a dress shirt.  Madison looks like the sequin Hamburglar (natch) and Leva...pretty color but it just looks like a cheap dress from Revolve.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/20/2020 at 2:23 PM, RedDelicious said:

Here's a little walk down memory lane - Season One Carolina Day:

https://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/photos/white-lies-and-ties-at-carolina-day#10133556

Kathryn looked absolutely gorgeous until the pictures where she's clearly had too much to drink.  I loved her look at that party - the long green dress and flat gold sandals (so she wouldn't tower over TRav).  Danni looked like low tide which is a shame because she's a pretty girl and has a model figure.  The natural Cam we loved then.  I still don't know who Jenna was.  Even though TRav is an absolute scumbag, I like the picture of him outside with Whitney.  Didn't they have a fight though or am I misremembering?

Wow, memory lane indeed. I think Kathryn looks better than Cam in those photos. And the one with Thomas and Whitney inside, well, Thomas looks quite good. It's nice for Kathryn and Thomas's kids that they will have a few photos of their mom and dad dressed up, looking great and happy together. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I really would have liked to seen these looks, but hit a sign up wall. I’m tired of having to give my email address to see things. It’s clogging my inbox. The same goes for all the shopping sites. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I really would have liked to seen these looks, but hit a sign up wall. I’m tired of having to give my email address to see things. It’s clogging my inbox. The same goes for all the shopping sites. 

I can dig that!  Here are the pics of the guys. I'll post the women in a second

SC Austen.jpg

SC Craig.jpg

SC Pringle.jpg

SC Shep.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

The men look better styled overall. I don’t know what it is about Bravo reunions that the women think. an over the top, over styled look is the way to go. Kathryn looks cheap and old. Danni’s dress is easily my favorite. Shep looks the best I’ve ever seen him. Craig’s pants look stupid cuffed like that.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Babyfoot said:

The men look better styled overall. I don’t know what it is about Bravo reunions that the women think. an over the top, over styled look is the way to go. Kathryn looks cheap and old. Danni’s dress is easily my favorite. Shep looks the best I’ve ever seen him. Craig’s pants look stupid cuffed like that.

I do agree the men do generally look better although I wish they would dress up a bit more.  Maybe a tie or something to complete the look.  I love the loafers Shep is wearing and agree again of all the men Shep looks the best.

On a side note I am still REALLY bummed Whitney or even Patricia doesn't attend these reunions.  I know Miss Pat never did but Whit used to.  I know he's not a full time cast member but neither is Danni and she's there...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Leva's makeup and hair look great, but that dress was a bad decision.  Kathryn always looks like she's dressed for the wrong event.  I hope that's a wig and she didn't really bleach the crap out of her hair, I don't find that flattering on her at all.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

The men look better styled overall. I don’t know what it is about Bravo reunions that the women think. an over the top, over styled look is the way to go. Kathryn looks cheap and old. Danni’s dress is easily my favorite. Shep looks the best I’ve ever seen him. Craig’s pants look stupid cuffed like that.

the men do look like they have their shit together... not that they actually do but it appears so

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, I noted Kathryn's relationship with Thomas as a factor in making her *more* essential than she is now. Cam's function as the Greek chorus was essential in setting the scenes in this particular format. I noticed that Craig's role as narrator is scaled way back from what Can did. And I am not feeling Craig in that role. Shep might have been a better choice. More personality.

I think Shep would have been a WAY better narrator. He's smart, has a better sense of humor and can be very witty.

The girls look hideous in their reunion looks. Danni's dress is cute but she's too thin. Thanks to the person who pulled the images. I didn't want to have to sign up for yet another notification site just to see them.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

That's actually a GREAT idea!  Shep has more charisma than Craig; it just seems like Shep would have funnier things to say about whats going on.

Craig is just a bit flat for me plus his nasally voice is just so annoying!  A blogger pointed this out and I agree, I think the producers, higher ups, are trying to make Craig the star of the show.  I guess because everybody has liked him so much in the past.  With the narration and him somehow being a part of everyone's story line, and Shep's gf staying at Craig's house while recovering from Covid all together it just seems to me like he is being pushed to center.  Enh again he doesn't have enough...pizzazz.

Oh and you're welcome!  It's just easier to post the pics here and talk about while we all look at them

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I really would have liked to seen these looks, but hit a sign up wall. I’m tired of having to give my email address to see things. It’s clogging my inbox. The same goes for all the shopping sites. 

Amen gf.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I can dig that!  Here are the pics of the guys. I'll post the women in a second

SC Austen.jpg

SC Craig.jpg

SC Pringle.jpg

SC Shep.jpg

Austin looks put together and comfortable. Hmm...a member of the no socks club...Nah Ladies. He is till not worth it  

Craigs jeans makes him look  like he is about to board a bicycle in Amsterdam. 
The new guy looks uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. 
Shep (another member of the no socks club, but is trying with tassels on his loafers) is trying to “suck it in” too hard. 
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think Danni looks like she is at the store trying on the dress. I mean, she looks unfinished or unpolished. Like she went to try on the dress in the dressing room, asked how she looks, and we say, “I like it, and when you’re all made up and your hair’s done, it’s gonna look good.”

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm actually not a fan of any of the guys' looks.  Craig looks ridiculous.  They all seriously need a haircut, shame they don't know someone. 😏

I'm in agreement about Madison's dress.  Kathryn's hair, per usual, is clownish.  Her dress is okay, if you're presenting at the Emmy awards.  I think the other women look great, though they should have photographed Dani before she sat in the dress for a couple hours, rendering it wrinkled across her hips.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

How are we not talking about Leva's dress? What the what was she thinking, it looks like a fancy lady lobster costume.

Kathryn finally got rid of the Bozo colored hair, the blonde is okay on her. I do not hate her dress but I think it is a bit much for the reunion, she lost a ton of weight, is this her revenge body and trying to get Thomas's attention?

I love Madison's midi black and white dress, Danni's pink dress is cute but looks like it could have used some tailoring.

Pringle the Single and Ready to Mingle looks yummy (I know he would be nothing more than a drunk hook up, one and done, would he be worth the walk of shame?), I have no issue with the other men's clothing choices, they have stayed in their douchy lane with their fashion choices.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The color of Leva's dress is great on her but all those ruffles!  It looks like one of the puffy things you get for your shower.

11 hours ago, KicksandGiggles said:

Madison looks like Beetlejuice.

Ha!  I was going to say the Hamburglar's wife from McDonalds.  Leave the black and white stripes to Tim Burton.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size