Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

While the ratings might’ve slipped a bit. I think it’s highly unlikely that Bravo is canceling the show. They might be waiting until hurricane season is safely passed...or until Thomas and/or Kathryn do something spectacularly stupid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Hmm, is the weather any better in January vs. October down there in SC?

Can they manage outdoor events better or will they have to be bundled up and have to deal with rain?

So dang, that might mean the premier won't be until the fall or so, maybe later.

Maybe they couldn't think of some scandalous story lines this time.  Maybe they gave the cast marching orders to create something on social media that they can play to death like the dumb threesome video.

Or maybe they delay filming in the hopes of being able to bring back Thomas or something like that.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, scrb said:

Hmm, is the weather any better in January vs. October down there in SC?

October isn’t too bad. Sweater weather. The air can be crisp, but many days are over 70-74.  January has biting cold that doesn’t mix well when there is moisture. It’s a damp cold. Think winter coat time. I’d much rather see them film in fall. They could take a trip to the mountains which are very colorful at that time of year. Have them go to the chimpanzee rescue. It would be funny to see the animals acting more sane than they do. I can think of many things that could be filmed fairly inexpensively. Something else must be the problem if it’s a boring season. 

• Love 2

I want to know who the two newcomers were that were so bad Bravo rejected the first two episodes they shot and told them to start over. Apparently it must have been really bad, and filming has started this month as per usual. All the comments were more interesting than the article. Shep’s big mouth is going to get him into trouble. Probably drunk.

Loved this:

This entire show needs to just lay down and die.

• Love 4
On 10/23/2019 at 5:29 PM, scrb said:

Or maybe they delay filming in the hopes of being able to bring back Thomas or something like that.

God I wish. He may be awful, but the show’s been a total snoozefest without him in the cast.  It’d be fascinating to watch everyone have to see him again and film with him again after all his recent legal issues/social exile.

• Love 2

I got the impression that the Bravo/Ravenel relationship sort of imploded after they effectively fired him.

Even if it hadn't, I doubt that even Bravo would re-sign him, given all of the accusations and then there was that whole guilty of assault thing.

^That said, if anyone would, it would be Bravo, so...

• Love 2

I thought that I read that filming got delayed because of Whitey's shoulder surgery?  He needs about two months recovery time.   Isn't he a producer or director of this show?  So that would make sense why the delay.  

10 minutes ago, S.Batts said:

I thought that I read that filming got delayed because of Whitey's shoulder surgery?  He needs about two months recovery time.   Isn't he a producer or director of this show?  So that would make sense why the delay.  

He doesn’t have anything to do with the filming. The last few seasons he has spent most of the time they are filming in LA, just flying in for a few days at a time. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2019 at 6:09 PM, S.Batts said:

I posted a link somewhere, or a story, they started filming with some new people. They submit to Bravo for their approval. Bravo sent it back, said it was horrible, start over. Might be looking for a new couple to cast since the first one was so bad.

• Love 1
On 11/14/2019 at 7:02 PM, Babyfoot said:

So any billionaires on here going to BravoCon? I, myself, am not and will not be going. I wonder how big of a shitshow it will turn out to be? 

I’ve been watching footage of BravoCon feverishly thanks to all the Bravo Instagrammers there capturing all the surreal fun. And damned does it ever look fun!
Patricia has her own pink bar area, the SC cast held a lively panel discussion and hosted a wacky brunch the next day...all the various Bravolebrities are hanging together like a big wacky family, fans get photos with their fave Bravolebrities...and I’d want to go strictly for this awesome “Vanderpump Rules” photo booth action: 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Was Katherine there?

Yes, she was and stated that she and TRav have finally reached an agreement on the custody of their children. If you can get On Demand it should be on there as a WWHL special. There was a funny moment with Austin getting called out by Kate Chastain of Below Deck. 

• Love 3

Here’s an article about BravoCon. I think it sounds like an absolute shitshow but apparently people who went seemed to enjoy it. I would still give it a hard pass.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2019-11-18/bravocon-2019-real-housewives-vanderpump-rules-reality-fans

From Instagram stalking I did over the BravoCon weekend:

1. Kathryn’s hair, makeup, and stupid hat were cartoonish and aging.

2. Cameran was only there on Friday. No Naomie, Chelsea, or Eliza. Michael the Butler was there all three days, which would’ve made this suck fest bearable.

3. Patricia and Kathryn have firmly lodged their heads up each other’s asses. I love Patricia bu do not for one second believe that she really  likes KD. I don’t believe KD really likes Patricia, either, as I truly believe KD is incapable of forming friendships with anyone, much less with a former doyenne of New York society. 

4. Kathryn had a booth for her furniture line, Shep had one for Shep Gear, and Craig had one for his pillow company. I don’t know if Austen’s beer or Patricia’s caftans had booths or not.

5. The cast seemed to enjoy themselves and seemed appreciative of fans.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

https://radaronline.com/photos/southern-charm-stars-huge-raises-amid-filming-delay-after-thomas-ravenel-fired/

Bravolebrities raking in the big bucks for upcoming 'do or die’ season.

Uugh just let it die!  They are all given raises because of how boring the show has become??  What it going on at Bravo?  $hit is going downhill..

No mention of Chelsea or Naomie in that article. Wonder if they're out?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

No mention of Chelsea or Naomie in that article. Wonder if they're out?

Could be but it could also be that RadarOnline sucks for instance it acts like the season they are about to film is the first one without TRav which is obviously not true.

• Love 1

It wouldn't surprise me at all if last season, the first without Thomas, had lower ratings.  It would be interesting to see if ratings were around normal for the first couple of episodes but then fell off a cliff as people realized he was gone.

I'm surprised at the big gulf in pay if that article is accurate.  I realize the original cast members are going to get the most but Austen is only $80k, which is 1/5th of the original cast members?

He supplied a lot of the story last season.  They played that dumb fake threesome video over and over and over.  They couldn't come up with much else but at least he provided fodder to fill airtime.

Of course until Trop Hop is a big sensation, Austen has no leverage, has to take whatever Bravo offers him, which isn't bad for a couple of months of filming, though of course others are getting paid way more and Bravo is making a ton of money  and he's contributing to that.

Sure they want big drama from the cast.  So they'll have to force more BS stories on the air.

Thing is, even if the ratings are down, what else does Bravo have?  I know a lot of their other shows get much higher ratings but will they develop a new franchise or spinoff one of the others, which they've done to death?

Real Housewives of Poughkeepsee?  Cameran might have to go on a RH spinoff, get a facelift and bring some drama, since she wants her own money.

• Love 1

I don't mind Chelsea, though I admit that she doesn't offer a whole lot of content. Her Instagram is mostly filled with shots of surfing in Costa Rica, which is clearly where she most wants to be.  I don't know when the show films (seems like we've seen both summer and winter stories), but if during cold weather, I could see her taking a pass.  Not sure how she would support herself and her many adventures, plus the new house without the show, but I don't know anything about her life, so...

Naomi and her über-distressed denim, I could do without and not miss a beat.

• Love 3
On 11/19/2019 at 9:50 AM, Babyfoot said:

Here’s an article about BravoCon. I think it sounds like an absolute shitshow but apparently people who went seemed to enjoy it. I would still give it a hard pass.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2019-11-18/bravocon-2019-real-housewives-vanderpump-rules-reality-fans

From Instagram stalking I did over the BravoCon weekend:

1. Kathryn’s hair, makeup, and stupid hat were cartoonish and aging.

2. Cameran was only there on Friday. No Naomie, Chelsea, or Eliza. Michael the Butler was there all three days, which would’ve made this suck fest bearable.

3. Patricia and Kathryn have firmly lodged their heads up each other’s asses. I love Patricia bu do not for one second believe that she really  likes KD. I don’t believe KD really likes Patricia, either, as I truly believe KD is incapable of forming friendships with anyone, much less with a former doyenne of New York society. 

4. Kathryn had a booth for her furniture line, Shep had one for Shep Gear, and Craig had one for his pillow company. I don’t know if Austen’s beer or Patricia’s caftans had booths or not.

5. The cast seemed to enjoy themselves and seemed appreciative of fans.

Thanks for the summary.  Glad to hear they had a good time - at least those who stuck around.   

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, JoJoPowerRanger said:

I think I spotted Naomie on tv at the democratic debate tonight in Charleston (to the left in white)?

PicsArt_02-25-10.30.49.jpg

PicsArt_02-25-10.32.42.jpg

Yep. Metul is next to her. They were both in the spin room on her Instastory.

• Useful 3
11 hours ago, scrb said:

I wouldn’t think they’d be fans of any of the candidates.  Probably wanted to just post to IG from a big event in S.C.

Maybe it's part of the plot line this season??

Supposedly the tickets were hard to get and expensive.

There are suspicions that Bloomberg loaded the audience with his supporters because supposedly the tickets cost as much as $200.

According to DNC spokesperson Xochitl Hinojosa, the tickets were divided between the DNC, campaigns, and the South Carolina Democratic Party, along with debate’s hosts: the Congressional Black Caucus Institute, CBS, and Twitter.

The South Carolina Democratic Party says it did not sell tickets to the Democratic debate and allocated the 400 tickets it received to “hundreds of activists, county party leaders, community leaders, State Representatives, State Senators, candidates, & elected officials from every level of government in SC at no cost.”

The DNC has not responded to a request for comment about how many tickets are doled out to sponsors who pay to attend.
We don’t yet know if there were a disproportionate number of Bloomberg supporters in the audience compared to supporters of other candidates.

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/25/21153769/south-carolina-democratic-debate-tickets

So how did SC cast members get in?  Doubt they are supporters of the candidates or tied to the South Carolina Democratic Party.

FWIW, Shep is a Democrat, or left-leaning, at the least. I don’t follow him, but I remember someone posted about him being an ass on Twitter toward people who think differently than he does, and I was surprised to find out his political views.

• Useful 1
On 2/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, link417 said:

FWIW, Shep is a Democrat, or left-leaning, at the least. I don’t follow him, but I remember someone posted about him being an ass on Twitter toward people who think differently than he does, and I was surprised to find out his political views.

I think he’s just one of the Never Trump types. I don’t think he’s voted blue in the past, but I could be misremembering what I previously read/saw. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I think he’s just one of the Never Trump types. I don’t think he’s voted blue in the past, but I could be misremembering what I previously read/saw. 

Would be consistent with "always take the high road" but who knows if that was for real.

He bullied Craig so you never know ...

• Love 1