Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Wouldn't you be? 

Oh I don't judge. I merely observe. And laugh and laugh and laugh and thank God I'm not that realtor. 😉

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

For all of her random Capitalizations, she doesn’t realize that Realtor should be capitalized.

That's another discussion entirely and should go elsewhere.  Trademark vs it's a common noun like lawyer.  

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Please tell me this didn't really happen...of course it did. 

Yes, it did.  Jill was in the rest room washing her hands when a trans employee came in and was applying lipstick in the mirror.  Jill immediately ran to her husband and they went to the restaurant manager and essentially demanded that the individual be removed from the rest room and disciplined.  When the manager told them that the employee was perfectly within her rights to use the rest room; they left the restaurant and apparently flagged down a passing cop to complain, thinking that it was somehow criminal for a trans female to use the mirror in the ladies' room.  The cop, who made it clear he personally knew the person they were complaining about and had no problem with her using public bathrooms, refused to do anything and made it clear that he didn't understand why they were demanding action for a non-event.  Lots of indignant posturing from Jill after that one.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, it did.  Jill was in the rest room washing her hands when a trans employee came in and was applying lipstick in the mirror.  Jill immediately ran to her husband and they went to the restaurant manager and essentially demanded that the individual be removed from the rest room and disciplined.  When the manager told them that the employee was perfectly within her rights to use the rest room; they left the restaurant and apparently flagged down a passing cop to complain, thinking that it was somehow criminal for a trans female to use the mirror in the ladies' room.  The cop, who made it clear he personally knew the person they were complaining about and had no problem with her using public bathrooms, refused to do anything and made it clear that he didn't understand why they were demanding action for a non-event.  Lots of indignant posturing from Jill after that one.

What a waste of the police officers time too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I think Jill is presenting herself as the biggest sinner you can possibly be......she seems to think she IS God.  She obviously is able to identify and condemn a sinner from a mile away.  Shouldn't you leave that up to to the real God?  Isn't it his job to do that on judgment day?  Shouldn't she be praying for sinners and letting God handle the rest as he sees fit?  Seems to me she's either decided she's God or God isn't doing a good enough job in her opinion and she needs to step in.  Wow.  

Does the husband speak?  By his looks, I'd be surprised if he could muster a grunt.    

Edited by Kiki620
Typo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

I think Jill is presenting herself as the biggest sinner you can possibly be......she seems to think she IS God.  She obviously is able to identify and condemn a sinner from a mile away.  Shouldn't you leave that up to to the real God?  Isn't it his job to do that on judgment day?  Shouldn't she be praying for sinners and letting God handle the rest as he sees fit?  Seems to me she's either decided she's God or God isn't doing a good enough job in her opinion and she needs to step in.  Wow.  

Does the husband speak?  By his looks, I'd be surprised if he could muster a grunt.    

Very well said. She really needs to re-read the parts of the Bible about the Pharisees. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

1 grunt for pizza. 2 grunts for cake. 3 grunts for intimate touching.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, LilJen said:

Don’t forget all the godless fornication!! Come on, at least one casual quickie with a stranger each day. That’s at least the average I shoot for.

Does self love count?  There really are not enough hours in the day to be trawling the bars for a quickie 7 days a week.  Can I shoot for every other night?  You can't expect me to quit my job in order to accomplish this.

Also, FUCK YOU Jill.  I'm a Christian who enjoys the fruit of the vine just like Jesus.  Dude turned water into wine to keep a party going.  Maybe if she read the Gospels instead of the Old Testament and specific letters of Paul, she would understand this.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
27 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Does self love count?  There really are not enough hours in the day to be trawling the bars for a quickie 7 days a week.  Can I shoot for every other night?  You can't expect me to quit my job in order to accomplish this.

Also, FUCK YOU Jill.  I'm a Christian who enjoys the fruit of the vine just like Jesus.  Dude turned water into wine to keep a party going.  Maybe if she read the Gospels instead of the Old Testament and specific letters of Paul, she would understand this.

I know, there are just not enough hours in the day for me to go out and fornicate with strangers! Has this woman ever really read the Gospels? 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Rods closed on their new house. This does not compute to me. They have no discernible income and eleventy million dependents. 

Do we know that they bought and aren't renting?  The house that they just sold was in their names although it was given to them by Jill's parents, I think.  Presuming that there was no mortgage, they should have gotten a nice amount of cash since the house is quite large and,  as I recall, there's some acreage, too.  If they put all that equity into the new house, they may not need a mortgage.  Housing prices are quite reasonable there, although they aren't bad in Charleston, either.

I still want to hear how the Rods came to the sudden decision to move away from her parents and severely paralyzed Amy and her family.  We know it's not because David found a real job with a paycheck.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

who is Daniel Rodrigues? her post says they are with him/tags him

so I took this as a serious question and Wiki fandom shows that Daniel is David's brother.

not sure how much of wiki fandom info is true but Daniel Rodrigues is disabled and confined to a wheelchair? His FB shows him in a wheelchair

"David J. Rodrigues is the son of Julie Alger. He is the brother of Daniel Rodrigues, Jaynell Hale, and Nichole Ford. He husband of Jill Rodrigues. He is the father of Nurie, Timothy, Kaylee, Renee, Phillip, Samuel, Gabriel, Tessie, Hannah, Olivia, Sadie, Sofia, and Janessa Rodrigues.

Early Life

David was born to Julie Alger and an unknown Rodrigues. He also has a brother named Daniel, who is confined to a wheel  due to a car accident in the early 1990s[1]. When David was five years old, his father died from suicide[2].

David's father was in the military.

David was not raised in a Christian home, He was saved after a party which occurred shortly after being proselytized to at a mall at the age of 18[2]."

wiki fandom did have it daniel is confined to a wheel, rather than wheelchair

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so I took this as a serious question and Wiki fandom shows that Daniel is David's brother.

not sure how much of wiki fandom info is true but Daniel Rodrigues is disabled and confined to a wheelchair? His FB shows him in a wheelchair

"David J. Rodrigues is the son of Julie Alger. He is the brother of Daniel Rodrigues, Jaynell Hale, and Nichole Ford. He husband of Jill Rodrigues. He is the father of Nurie, Timothy, Kaylee, Renee, Phillip, Samuel, Gabriel, Tessie, Hannah, Olivia, Sadie, Sofia, and Janessa Rodrigues.

Early Life

David was born to Julie Alger and an unknown Rodrigues. He also has a brother named Daniel, who is confined to a wheel  due to a car accident in the early 1990s[1]. When David was five years old, his father died from suicide[2].

David's father was in the military.

David was not raised in a Christian home, He was saved after a party which occurred shortly after being proselytized to at a mall at the age of 18[2]."

Huh, Thanks Crazy8s! Now this is pure speculation on my part - might the Rodrigui be moving in with Daniel Rodrigues and will help take care of him, and perhaps get some compensation for it? 

• Useful 3
36 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Huh, Thanks Crazy8s! Now this is pure speculation on my part - might the Rodrigui be moving in with Daniel Rodrigues and will help take care of him, and perhaps get some compensation for it? 

since what Jill posted and tagged Daniel in was the sale of their W. VA house, the only need for him to be there for the closing I can think of is if he was on the title of the house or if he is buying the house from them. 

or maybe he just likes spending time with the JRods......

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Blah blah blah...

"We don't hate anyone, except people we hate, as named below. It's not our fault you refuse to live the way we tell you to! We're all useless sinners trembling before an angry God. Hugs and kisses!"

"And we are NOT SEVERELY judgemental AT ALL since I'M JUST TELLING YOU THE TRUTH.  People continue to think I'm a big ole' creepy WEIRDO but I'm such a TRUTH teller.  People just need to stop pissing off God.  Is that so much to ask?"

JRod is a sanctimonious asshole.  That is all.

• Love 22

Watched the last episode of the Plath family. Rebel Cousin Amy has nothing on the DIL in the Plath family. I think the DIL is young, naive and out of line, but it would really be interesting to see what would happen if the Duggars, Bates or Rods ended up with an in-law like Olivia Plath.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Watched the last episode of the Plath family. Rebel Cousin Amy has nothing on the DIL in the Plath family. I think the DIL is young, naive and out of line, but it would really be interesting to see what would happen if the Duggars, Bates or Rods ended up with an in-law like Olivia Plath.

Daughter in law and I binged watched the Plath show. Wow!!!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Jill annoys me so much I can't even type correctly.

I know what you mean.  I've been trying to get my thoughts together to post about the Rods & my mind is going in a hundred different  directions.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Well, they also came up with ‘He husband of Jill Rodrigues’, so it’s possible that contributor went to an SODRT.

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Olivia and Mrs. Meggs are like the forum dream fundies.  They met the Plaths at some sort of event sponsored by the Pearls.  The Plaths continued to drink the Kool-Aid.  Olivia and her mother, however, went home so disturbed by the things about Gothardism that had been done and said during this retreat, that they decided as a family to get the hell out. She should be the thread mascot, lol.

Edited by queenanne
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 12/11/2019 at 1:54 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I fucking love this post so much... there are no words!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I can't really add too much that hasn't already been said about Jill's Biblical Beatdown post. I will ashamedly admit though that as a child and teenager, I was raised with this mindset. I was a judgemental asshole who really feared that none of my classmates nor friends would go to heaven. Every time I sinned, or even thought about sinning, I was fearful of the Rapture occurring before I would get a chance to repent. I truly thought that my quoting scripture and mentioning Christianity and church and inviting people to go would help bring them to salvation and eventually heaven. It's sort of equivalent, in these people's minds, to seeing an impending car collision, and you're doing what you can to save lives. You're one of the few who knows and understands God's word and his commands, and since you live such a highly ethical lifestyle, you're one of the special few whose job it is is to lead people to the Lord (kind of like "white man's burden" but in a religious sense).  Fortunately, my parents did not homeschool me, and I went to public school from Jr. High until High School graduation and then went away to college in another state. It was during my college years that I began to see that the world is not black-and-white, but many shades of grey and that questioning Christianity or organized religion of any sort does not make one doomed to hellfire. 

On another note, when Jill very snidely comments on women not working, while she sells Plexus to earn money, it reminds me of a couple of Christian sisters who call themselves Girl Defined. They have a youtube channel with lots of subscribers, have written at least one book, go on speaking engagements and such, all while saying that women aren't to be working. The mental gymnastics these people do to try to justify their hypocrisy is astounding. If you're up for some punishment check out some of their videos. I don't know their full background, but they seem like the type who were either homeschooled or only attended Christian schools and never got out of their little Christian bubble to understand the complexities of real life, and yet are smug and condescending about giving advice to the everyday woman. 

Jana (Duggar) was reading or listening to one fo their books (Girl Defined).  (I think she was listening to it in order to say she used Audible to listen to books. Audible is an digital audio book retailer.)

Yes the Girl Defined sisters are hypocrites. They seems to have been raised fundie. It's hard to tell but they seem to have had ties to non-defunct Vision Forum. Vision Forum was a Calvisnist fundie sect that broke apart after sexual abuse accusations against fugitive sex pest Doug Phillips.

Interestingly the video that proves the Girl Defined sisters' involvement with Vision Forum is of Doug Phillips giving out a Mother of the Year Award from Vision Forum to Michelle Duggar! The Girl Defined sisters are watching in the audience. This was a long time ago and the Duggars had no real ties to Vision Forum. The Duggars are IFB and members of IBLP/Gothardism. The Seewalds (Mike and Guinn) are believed to have been somewhat a part of Vision Forum. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 12/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, Fosca said:

OSU might consider him, but NOT if he flunked out of wherever he's going now.  He could just sort of leave the colleges (both his current CC and "Fly for Jesus" College, neither of which's names I can remember) out of his application, 

I live in Toronto, Canada and know shit about US colleges, but I have a friend who did an associates degree at Fox Valley and it's a REAL college with no religious affiliation (unlike Moody). I truly wonder if he'll make it through.  I know the flight school is Jesus-y though...

On 12/10/2019 at 7:30 PM, Picture It. Sicily said:

Please tell me this didn't really happen...of course it did. 

On 12/10/2019 at 7:40 PM, GeeGolly said:

It did happen. Or at least JillR said it happened. 

Supposedly Jill used the ladies' room the same time as a trans woman. Jill couldn't get out of there fast enough. Fortunately for Jill a cop was nearby and apologized to Jill for what she just went through.

Of course this story was told during all the hype about where folks were "allowed" to pee.

So who truly knows if there's any truth to it. JillR has a very lively imagination and persecuted existence.

Every time I'm reminded of this story, in my mind I'm screaming, "SHE DIDN'T WASH HER HANDS!!!🤮🤮"

On 12/10/2019 at 9:01 PM, Lady Edith said:

It will probably be like Josh and Anna’s where the church ladies cook and provide all of the food pot luck style and the church provides, well, the church. Apparently Nurie already has her dress and will probably wear shoes she already has.  Or borrow a pair from someone else. Jill, as her matron of honor and cosmetology certificate holder, will do Nurie’s hair and nails. And possibly makeup.  So the only REAL expenses I can see are flowers and a photographer, which she can possibly grift or provide free advertising in exchange for services. She does have a “presence” on SM after all...

And Jill's new outfit. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Every time I'm reminded of this story, in my mind I'm screaming, "SHE DIDN'T WASH HER HANDS!!!🤮🤮"

Now THAT is an offense I'd be tempted to report to a nearby police officer. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9