Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

My vote is that Nurthan is preggo. 

Dear God I hope Jill is not pregnant with #14.

Unlikely to be Renee courting, as she just posted about Renee working on Bible studies. I think of the courting choices, the most likely is Kaylee as things have been pretty quiet in terms of talking about her. Besides, I can see Kaylee courting before Tim.

I can see Jill do a reverse Maxwell and keep the boys close to her. 

• Useful 3

It’s one of Jill’s idiotic posts, for sure. If one of the listed choices is announced, how would that make the others feel? Not that they are on Facebook, but it’s just the point of being the “loser”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s one of Jill’s idiotic posts, for sure. If one of the listed choices is announced, how would that make the others feel? Not that they are on Facebook, but it’s just the point of being the “loser”.

Totally agree. And even though the others aren't on FB, I'm guessing they see Jill's posts. Either she shows them or they peek from their phones.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, emma675 said:

it seems kind of mean to list out possible scenarios for certain kids and then only have one of them be true.

I think it's very cruel, considering how stifled and stunted those poor kids are and how Jill controls every aspect of their lives. She's using the possibility of life changes for them as a means to entertain her "fans" and taunting the kids with the message "I decide when things happen, not you".

As much as I hate the idea, I suspect it really is "Rodrigues Baby #14". I think that the fact that she's getting older and that so much time has elapsed since her last pregnancy is a very sore subject for her and it's not something she'd want to remind people about or joke about in a lighthearted way. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

My vote is that Nurthan is preggo.

if that is the case Nurie has done well to keep it quiet so far. In all the pics and videos Jill has posted in florida, I can't remember one with Nurie, hand on tummy, cradling the invisible bump.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, louannems said:

A couple of years ago, Jill posted almost exactly this same list, only instead of Nurie expecting, it was Nurie in a courtship.  The answer was Nurie was in a courtship.

I kept thinking she had done this before but forgot the circumstances. She really is quite simple, isn’t she? I noticed on Facebook she had a lot of guesses, so she accomplished her goal of loads of attention. I hope she’s not pregnant, the drama surrounding that would be unlimited.

• Love 5

I don't want to even think of it being her announcing a Nurie pregnancy. Imaging all the large font fully capitalized words is already giving me a headache. Plus, she shouldn't be announcing that even though she'll tell us all how Nurie gave her permission. I'm hoping it's because someone is courting(god, I hate that word). The thought of that vile woman having #14, makes me sick and beyond angry.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, a family of 6 girls, one singleton and a set of quints, on the TLC show Outdaughtered. Not Fundy, but the mom does make quite a few Christian references.

I think the oldest is 9 or 10 and the quints are 5 or 6. All much too young to have their teeth whitened.

There's a special hell for people who monetize their own children AND do shit like that to them. Next stop, rhinoplasty to make them more telegenic? 

21 minutes ago, beckie said:

Because its Jill, I'm guessing that not only is Nurie pregnant,  but they got their wish to be pregnant at THE SAME TIME !!!!!

I tend to agree that Jill is pregnant because like another poster said, I don't think Jill would put that as an option otherwise. Too much of a sore subject if she is not. I tend to think Nurie is as well.  I agree that it is unkind to suggest the courting options of the other 3. Almost all of the comments on her Facebook post guess that Nurie is expecting.   I wonder if it hurts Jill's feelings that so few guess that she is the one?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

I tend to agree that Jill is pregnant because like another poster said, I don't think Jill would put that as an option otherwise. Too much of a sore subject if she is not. I tend to think Nurie is as well.  I agree that it is unkind to suggest the courting options of the other 3. Almost all of the comments on her Facebook post guess that Nurie is expecting.   I wonder if it hurts Jill's feelings that so few guess that she is the one?

She put herself being pregnant in the last poll she did when Nurie courting was the correct answer.

• Useful 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

You're probably right, but.... if Nurie is pregnant and Jill isn't, Jill would still (SEVERELY) need to somehow insert herself into the conversation. 

Regardless, it's still an awful teaser; whichever clue is false is hurtful to the person in the clue (with the exception of the Jill clue - I couldn't care less about her feelings).

And I can't believe I waste any brain space on these knuckleheads.

• LOL 12

I hope Nurie is pregnant. Considering she's been raised to think birthing babies is the only reason for women to exist, being childless must be hard for her. However, I equally hope she doesn't spend the next 25 years trying to produce children that she and Nathan don't have the financial resources to raise. 

I could be glad to hear that Kaylee or Renee is "courting." Marriage is their only method to escape Rodrigues hell. Perhaps Tim should be courting too, but Jill still seems to be punishing him for whatever reason. Also, it's not clear if he's employed right now. 

My internet time is being consumed by trying to find an appointment for a Covid shot. That's much more important than any announcement Jill might have. Sorry, Jill. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think it's very cruel, considering how stifled and stunted those poor kids are and how Jill controls every aspect of their lives. She's using the possibility of life changes for them as a means to entertain her "fans" and taunting the kids with the message "I decide when things happen, not you".

As much as I hate the idea, I suspect it really is "Rodrigues Baby #14". I think that the fact that she's getting older and that so much time has elapsed since her last pregnancy is a very sore subject for her and it's not something she'd want to remind people about or joke about in a lighthearted way. 

I posted elsewhere that I wouldn't be surprised that it is a combo of two or three things.  Jill and Nurie are both pregnant, which wouldn't surprise me as Jill has been in a pretty good mood lately, and Renee/Kaylee is courting.  But whatever.  It is what it is.

6 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

I hope it’s eating her up inside that the majority are guessing that it’s Nurie who’s pregnant.  I hope the bitch is losing sleep over it.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Just looked. She got bought 10,000 followers on Instagram.

Her account is still private. I created a new account recently and sent a follow request to her. It was accepted after a few days. Now I don't know why I bothered because I find her content nauseating on the rare occasions when I bother to sign into that account and look at hers. When I created the account I followed some public IG accounts that I thought would appeal to JillR, heh. 

I appreciate the members of this forum who share JillR's social media posts so we don't have to deal with them in the wild, so to speak. 👍

ETA: After posting this I decided to unfollow the accounts other than JillR's that I'd followed when I created that "special" account. Now I've followed a bunch of accounts of public figures and news organizations that I like but that ought to give JIllR hives, lol, but have kept the JillR account among those I follow. She'll never notice because I'm just one little hate-following account among her 10K. Hee.

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I really hope its not Jill pregnant. No more kids born in that family. Hopefully its Renee or Kaylee courting and whoever it is lives far away from Jill.

Even if they are courting,  they won't have lives away from Jill. Look how she's always inserting herself into Nurie's relationship. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

I had a nightmare about Jill Rodriguez last night. It was very vivid and very long, but now it's a big jumble. I think I should minimize my exposure to her brand of crazy for a while.

I dreamt about Jill kids a couple of weeks ago.  They were all sitting in the middle of my large yard, and I was passing out sandwiches to them, begging them all to eat more than one.  Apparently, even my subconscious worries about those poor, starving children. 🙁

• Love 2

I kind of hope Nurie is pregnant and I don't it to be Jill who is. Nurie has been married for around a year and in her group, she should be pregnant. If she is, at least she didn't have a honeymoon baby and was able to enjoy married life for awhile. 

• Love 8
On 2/21/2021 at 12:23 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

I hope it's not #14, but I also hope it's not Nurie. I mean it's great if she was pregnant but that should be announced by Nathan and Nurie alone, not her crazy, publicity obsessed mother. 

Yea, this. At this point I am annoyed with Jill either way - if Nurie is not expecting, what an obnoxious way to call attention to it. If she is, she is an adult who should have the agency to announce her news herself in whatever way she prefers. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, TeeMo said:

Yea, this. At this point I am annoyed with Jill either way - if Nurie is not expecting, what an obnoxious way to call attention to it. If she is, she is an adult who should have the agency to announce her news herself in whatever way she prefers. 

Yes, it should be up to Nurie and Nathan to reveal a pregnancy if that is the case, but when would Jill let anyone do anything? 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I really hope its not Jill pregnant. No more kids born in that family. Hopefully its Renee or Kaylee courting and whoever it is lives far away from Jill.

I read too fast and thought you were speculating that Renee or Kaylee was pregnant! Now obviously I don’t want that for them while they’re so young and have had so few life experiences... but it sure would be fun snarking if a Rod kid became an Evil Single Parent! 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Fort Rock family camp/retreat center - announces their schedule for 2021 

https://www.fortrock.org/upcoming-events/?fbclid=IwAR2-qIpUB3NWXxJLKVbUnieKLaOVosOb5GWgwTgpPVy_rNE3yUQMNYMNurg.

Family Camp March 18-21

9th Annual Spring Marriage Retreat (March 26-28, 2021) already sold out

No mention anywhere of covid safety protocols. And for a family with kids, its not really all that cheap. Not crazy expensive, but for a large family on a budget it certainly could be out of reach.

WE KEEP COSTS REASONABLE.

The base cost of our 4-day family camps is $350 and the base cost of our 3-day family camps is $225. There are additional costs of $110 per adult (individuals 13 years of age or older), $75 per child (individuals between the ages of 5 and 12 years old) and infant/toddlers (4 years of age or younger) are FREE. Your total fee with state sales and tourism tax will be calculated on the registration page. Prices include all activities, meals, and 1 cabin. Prices subject to change without notice.

Anna & Josh would pay around $870, JB & M would be paying over $1000, if they brought from Tyler down.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The base cost of our 4-day family camps is $350 and the base cost of our 3-day family camps is $225. There are additional costs of $110 per adult (individuals 13 years of age or older), $75 per child (individuals between the ages of 5 and 12 years old) and infant/toddlers (4 years of age or younger) are FREE. Your total fee with state sales and tourism tax will be calculated on the registration page. Prices include all activities, meals, and 1 cabin. Prices subject to change without notice.

i like this was included.

This is the place you have to bring your own sheets and all isn't it?

I looked for who was speaking at the spring marriage retreat - have found nothing.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I kind of hope Nurie is pregnant and I don't it to be Jill who is. Nurie has been married for around a year and in her group, she should be pregnant. If she is, at least she didn't have a honeymoon baby and was able to enjoy married life for awhile. 

Nurie got married in July, which is long enough she probably is pregnant and got to enjoy married life for awhile. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There are additional costs of $110 per adult (individuals 13 years of age or older), $75 per child (individuals between the ages of 5 and 12 years old) and infant/toddlers (4 years of age or younger) are FREE.

I'm confused, do they mean you pay the base cost PLUS $110 per adult? Or are those costs for additional adults?

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Nurie got married in July, which is long enough she probably is pregnant and got to enjoy married life for awhile. 

And if she is still early enough along, she still has several months to be alone with her husband. Though with the Rods around all the time, its not quite happening. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No mention anywhere of covid safety protocols. And for a family with kids, its not really all that cheap. Not crazy expensive, but for a large family on a budget it certainly could be out of reach.

Anna & Josh would pay around $870, JB & M would be paying over $1000, if they brought from Tyler down.

I imagine they might give the Duggars a break in price,seeing as Joy married into their family? Idk.Supposing they go

10 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

That was my first thought also. 

Idk.Could just be Nurie.Jill always inserts herself in everything

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I imagine they might give the Duggars a break in price,seeing as Joy married into their family ? Idk.Supposing they go

JB and Michelle were speakers at the marriage retreat last year, so they go and probably any other duggar couples go for free. that was the beauty of the Joy and Austin match. Duggars get free camp/speaking engagements post Josh scandals and Fort Rock Camp gets the Duggar name/fans to fill their camps