Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No one can convince me this is a coincidence. Me thinks the Bates and others, spend a fair amount of time exposing themselves to the world at large.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLLUv74hRUK/

image.png.5b88d8e11af597a57260f8de536a1559.png

archie-meghan-harry-3.jpg

Absolutely not a coincidence. The Bateseseses are just copycats who've never had an original idea of their own. Everything about them is just a ripoff. 

Harry and Archie did it much, much better. 

• Love 24
53 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Absolutely not a coincidence. The Bateseseses are just copycats who've never had an original idea of their own. Everything about them is just a ripoff. 

Agree! 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No one can convince me this is a coincidence. Me thinks the Bates and others, spend a fair amount of time exposing themselves to the world at large.

I am CRINGING with secondhand embarrassment for them.

That is both pathetic and quite weird.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

And now watch Lauren copy the bateses’ rip off. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18

Tessie, I think that's her name, does not look anything like the rest of the family.      She doesn't have the weird shaped nose or lips that the rest of them seem to have.  She is really quite pretty. And she looks the healthiest of all the children. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Hey Jill, I'm the wrong kind of Christian therefore very ignorant of all things biblical. 🙄 So Jesus got crucified for climbing on the temple? Man! You and your sweet (starving) family really are the role models we need right now. 

PS. If people calling you out to the Parks Service is your version of crucifixion and martyrdom, go read Foxe's book of Martyrs or something because you seriously need to up your game. 

Jill really is as thick as a brick.  She can’t fathom that it’s her that we despise, not Jesus.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill really is as thick as a brick.  She can’t fathom that it’s her that we despise, not Jesus.

As a narcissist (and as thick as a brick too), Jill cannot comprehend that she has any faults. Honestly, if she's as disordered as she seems to be, she doesn't even see how thin, frail, and stressed her children look, how overweight, unkept, and spaced out her husband looks, and how trashy and unhealthy she looks. She's like the wicked queen in Snow White, who has a magic mirror to see only what she wants to see. However, I bet Nurie's smiling image shows up in that mirror sometimes and drives Jill nuts. 

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

As a narcissist (and as thick as a brick too), Jill cannot comprehend that she has any faults. Honestly, if she's as disordered as she seems to be, she doesn't even see how thin, frail, and stressed her children look, how overweight, unkept, and spaced out her husband looks, and how trashy and unhealthy she looks. She's like the wicked queen in Snow White, who has a magic mirror to see only what she wants to see. However, I bet Nurie's smiling image shows up in that mirror sometimes and drives Jill nuts. 

I don't think Jill can ever admit she did something wrong. Even if she knows that it's forbidden/illegal/inappropriate, she'll find reasons/explanations to why it's okay to do it.  

• Love 18
20 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Pa Keller is looking healthier as of late.  Also, Ma Keller's glasses upgrade makes quite a difference!

Yes,looks like her hair might be shorter,too? She looks much better.She needed quite a do over!

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Although things are improving, Florida still had 7,000+ new cases of Covid and 118 deaths yesterday. The UK variant is also spreading. And yet the Rods... well, we all know how this works by now. 

At least the mall looks pretty deserted, but they have to touch everything, of course.

That outing cost under $12, but I'm sure Jill wouldn't cough up the money to treat the "girlies" she loves so much. Good thing Nurie was along to pay. 

49 minutes ago, BuddyMom2 said:

I’m confused. This trip to Florida seems like one long, grifting vacation. Isn’t this most Christian family supposed to be traveling as a religious ministry? This family seems to be spending a lot of (other people’s) money and plastering their unattractive mugs all over social media.

It is a mystery, isn't it? This vacation seems to going on forever. It isn't clear why Jill and David need a vacation since they don't do much of anything at home. At least the kids are getting some food and a break from their dreary lives in the barndo. 

Edited by BradandJanet
spelling
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Their bardimonium doesn’t have proper heating, so just hanging out in FL is probably cheaper than hanging out at “home.”

And the Rods don't pay for anything when they're around people they know, so they save that way too. Other than being crammed into a stinky trailer, what's for them not to love about wintering in Florida?

• Love 6

Plus so many opportunities in Florida to mooch and grift. And complain about persecution. Where are the little girls while JillR is off gadding about? Do we really think David or the boys are doing something with them? 

Also must JillR’s big mouth be open in every picture? She looks manic in most of the pictures.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Health insurance? What's that? That's going to be a big bill since it included surgery and an overnight stay. Wonder if his parents will just ignore the bill or is he going to be responsible (ha) for everything?

His hair sure looks “done” for someone who just had surgery.

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What are the odds that this kid has health insurance?

B0F38B7E-1F2F-466F-9B6F-A7E72E0A1A55.jpeg

I thought that the American taxpayer was their health insurance.  Didn't Gil Bates brag about taking his kids to the emergency room when they were ill?  Probably what's going to happen now.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sarasue59 said:

I thought that the American taxpayer was their health insurance.  Didn't Gil Bates brag about taking his kids to the emergency room when they were ill?  Probably what's going to happen now.  

That being said, I hope the boy heals quickly.  I broke my wrist and was lucky enough not to need surgery, but it still was 11 weeks of healing that drove me nuts, as I couldn't work during that time, and I had to work out how to do housework and cook one-handed.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sarasue59 said:

That being said, I hope the boy heals quickly.  I broke my wrist and was lucky enough not to need surgery, but it still was 11 weeks of healing that drove me nuts, as I couldn't work during that time, and I had to work out how to do housework and cook one-handed.

Luckily I doubt this kid ever really “worked,” and he has womenfolk to cook and clean for him.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Plus so many opportunities in Florida to mooch and grift. And complain about persecution. Where are the little girls while JillR is off gadding about? Do we really think David or the boys are doing something with them? 

Also must JillR’s big mouth be open in every picture? She looks manic in most of the pictures.

The Kellers are probably watching the little ones. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Health insurance? What's that? That's going to be a big bill since it included surgery and an overnight stay. Wonder if his parents will just ignore the bill or is he going to be responsible (ha) for everything?

TV money paid for the big ski trip--directly or indirectly--so TV money should pay for the hospital costs. It's hard for a family to plead poverty when they take their kids, kids' spouses, and guests to Breckenridge for a week of vacation. I hope the young man recovers quickly and the hospital persists in collecting what is owed. 

• Love 14

Hannah Rodrigues is 12, she was probably watching the other 3 girls

Edited to add -my mistake Hannah was with them, Olivia the next one seems too young, she is just turned 9 i think

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sarasue59 said:

It's a nasty break too. They included the x-ray photos. Both bones completely snapped. 

8 hours ago, beckie said:

She loves all nine of them and yet she's only doing something with five of them.

She doesn't seem to be around the littles very often. Usually when there's outings to be had its the same group that gets to go on them. 

I love that she has to mention every. single. time. that any kind of drink they see having is non alcoholic. No one would care and that's probably why she feels it needs to be said. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

E2EF26F1-3BCC-419C-AC51-6F8571417E22.jpeg

And of course their love is so incredible. Because they are so special and the rest of us are just not. These two go out to eat more during the pandemic than Ozziedad and I ever did in normal times. 

• Love 17

Jill tries her best to convince everyone that David is the most desirable man in the universe--a task that is even more difficult than finding new suckers to add to her Plexus downline. David never has anything to say about Jill. He has trouble managing a smile. 

Expect a post from "David" soon about how SEVERELY Wonderful Jill is. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10