Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The neighbors in the apartment below me got married this weekend. A quiet ceremony attended by a handful of friends. The only reason any of us knew about it was their best man decorated their car windows and they got in too late Sunday night to clean them off. Granted, this couple is in their late 40s and both have been married before, but it still was more my style than the $10,000 extravaganza promoted by brides on social media for 12 months before, along with the accompanying Go-Fund-Me account to pay for their honeymoon.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

The neighbors in the apartment below me got married this weekend. A quiet ceremony attended by a handful of friends. The only reason any of us knew about it was their best man decorated their car windows and they got in too late Sunday night to clean them off. Granted, this couple is in their late 40s and both have been married before, but it still was more my style than the $10,000 extravaganza promoted by brides on social media for 12 months before, along with the accompanying Go-Fund-Me account to pay for their honeymoon.

You get it!! My former coworker is early 30’s and of the Pinterest generation. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

$10,000? The average cost of a wedding in the US these days is probably up near $40K.

Congrats to Carlin & Evan. . . but really, a limo? A symphony musician? Grumpy middle-aged woman here not understanding the over-the-top Engagement Events that seem to happen all the time (giant flash mobs and such).

• Love 21
7 hours ago, LilJen said:

Congrats to Carlin & Evan. . . but really, a limo? A symphony musician? Grumpy middle-aged woman here not understanding the over-the-top Engagement Events that seem to happen all the time (giant flash mobs and such).

Sounds like a high school prom; maybe they combine both events into one

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

If Plexus is so good, why is her husband so fat?

It doesn't matter if fundie men are fat, women aren't visual.  Per Jim Bob's counseling of Ben, women are talky, not visual.  That is why men get defrauded and women don't.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

It doesn't matter if fundie men are fat, women aren't visual.  Per Jim Bob's counseling of Ben, women are talky, not visual.  That is why men get defrauded and women don't.

And why the freaking men can get as fat as they want, so no one calls them out on it?  That alone must make every fundie woman sorry she wasn't born male.

That picture IS scary.  I wouldn't drink (eat?) that Plexus shit if it was free.  

• Love 10
On 9/25/2018 at 4:26 AM, LilJen said:

$10,000? The average cost of a wedding in the US these days is probably up near $40K.

I am way out of the loop! I got married in the judge's chambers, as did both my daughters. I had lived with my husband for 2 years already and saw no reason to make a big deal out of getting married. It was something we did because we knew we wanted to adopt and we had to be married for at least 5 years to start the process. My daughters would have liked the big wedding, but couldn't afford it and didn't want to wait and save for one.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Why the face?  Is she having a seizure?  

Jill's just an attention-whoring fool, so please don't imply her expression means she's having a seizure. Seizures aren't funny.  -- an epileptic 

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If that picture was taken after ingesting Plexus, I'm wondering what the hell the active ingredient is. Cocaine with a splash of weed?

I'll take the weed.  Cocaine is addictive, and besides, just coffee hypes me up enough.

Jill would never do anything mood-altering, would she?  Wouldn't that be a major sin?  

• Love 4
On 25/09/2018 at 8:30 AM, Quof said:

Aw, they had a donut breakfast Sunday morning.  I bet it was 

The Holy Donut

A potato donut sounds stodgy as hell. 

On 26/09/2018 at 3:10 AM, DragonFaerie said:

Stormy Jill posted a new IG pushing her Plexus.  

Warning -  the below picture may cause nightmares, or to drink early in the day.  I know I am now.  

5baa881165019_ScreenShot2018-09-25at12_07_46PM.thumb.png.d4632f5893e9fd508c9b31e9a8e61f5d.png

Shouldn’t her weight be down to nothing by now? 

Nice finger nips. 

ETA: are the girls her boobs?

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

A potato donut sounds stodgy as hell. 

Shouldn’t her weight be down to nothing by now? 

Nice finger nips. 

There used to be a place in my hometown that sold donuts made from potato flour, they were called Spudnuts and tasted like any other donut. 

Jill looks like she is having mental health issues in that picture, why would she choose such an unflattering photo to advertise her product?  There is nothing about that photo that indicates that drinking Plexus is good for one's health.

• Love 22
On 9/24/2018 at 2:56 PM, Lunera said:

Oh, that's one of my favorite lighthouses. Unfortunately have never been able to visit but I have sent Christmas cards and have had many calendars with the lighthouse on it.  My favorite is a reproduction my father painted of it. A real family treasure.

I wonder how they (UP) decided on this location.  It's not like Maine is next door to Tennessee. 

On 9/25/2018 at 3:58 PM, Mollie said:

Oops, wrong post.^^^

On 9/25/2018 at 3:10 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Warning -  the below picture may cause nightmares, or to drink early in the day.  I know I am now.  

5baa881165019_ScreenShot2018-09-25at12_07_46PM.thumb.png.d4632f5893e9fd508c9b31e9a8e61f5d.png

We've been discussing nightmares & bad dreams on the Small Talk thread.  You're right, definitely nightmare causing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

Nice finger nips. 

On 9/25/2018 at 3:10 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Doesanyone else get the South Park song "Fingerbang" stuck in their heads after viewing this picture? "Fingerbang bang bang bang bang/ I'm gunna fingerbang, bang you into my life."

• Love 2

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but I haven't seen it mentioned.  Reddit has Instagram pictures from Jill back on September 18, in which a deathly pale,  emaciated child (they ID as Sadie) is wheeling poor baby Janessa around in a doll stroller with a wonky wheel.   It was a bit disturbing.

• Love 6

Please don't use Duggar/Duggar adjacent social media in order to discuss current events/politics. It's trying to skirt the no politics rules and the posts will be removed. From the Mod Announcement & Policies

No political talk. This show has zero political content, so political talk of any kind in posts is off-topic and subject to moderation; this includes Small Talk topics. The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum.

Discussing their generalized worldview is ok (they're pro-life etc). Actually discussing current events of the day by way of their social media is not.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

deathly pale,  emaciated child

This bothers me. Children need food and nutrition to be healthy and grow. Actually it is so disturbing that I sometimes have trouble coming over to this thread and hearing/seeing about Jill’s kids. What is wrong with her? That’s producing children not parenting them. 

• Love 9
On 9/23/2018 at 1:51 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Not only was Sadie pushing plump Janessa around in a cheap, flimsy doll stroller, but Zsu Anderson also posted a photo of her little girl pushing her baby in a doll stroller.  You'd think after having so many babies, these women would know a thing or two about child safety.  I'm guessing anything that keeps their kids occupied and quiet is fine with them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Not only was Sadie pushing plump Janessa around in a cheap, flimsy doll stroller, but Zsu Anderson also posted a photo of her little girl pushing her baby in a doll stroller.  You'd think after having so many babies, these women would know a thing or two about child safety.  I'm guessing anything that keeps their kids occupied and quiet is fine with them.

When you have so damn many kids maybe you don’t notice if you lose a few? *shrug*

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

This bothers me. Children need food and nutrition to be healthy and grow. Actually it is so disturbing that I sometimes have trouble coming over to this thread and hearing/seeing about Jill’s kids. What is wrong with her? That’s producing children not parenting them. 

I agree. It’s tough for me to read about too. I grew up malnourished through benign neglect and it’s very close to home. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Seriously? Not funny as well as false. 

Sorry. Just making a bad joke about how much the sight of Jill R and her happy face sicken me. Didn't realize I'd offend anyone except the abusive bitch herself. I didn't intend to make light of any medical issues.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, awaken said:

I agree. It’s tough for me to read about too. I grew up malnourished through benign neglect and it’s very close to home. 

I am convinced there is nothing benign about the way she neglects her children.  I think it’s intentional. Healthy, hearty, happy children do not inspire as many love offerings. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

I am convinced there is nothing benign about the way she neglects her children.  I think it’s intentional. Healthy, hearty, happy children do not inspire as many love offerings. 

Agreed!  I just finished reading Us Against You and there is a plot point where a character says something like - they can't be grateful I give them something until I take it away first.

She absolutely uses food to manipulate, show affection, and likely to pit them against each other so she remains their hero.

• Love 15

I was reading on a topix.com board and I saw the selfie of JillRod, her daughters, the grieving parents, and the white children's coffin in the background.

Remember those photo booths where 3 or 4 of you and your junior high school friends would crowd into and pose with silly smiles?

That is what JillRod reminds me of.  Who in their right mind would paste a silly grin on her face at a funeral?  And not just any funeral, but the funerals of three small children who died so tragically?

There is really something wrong with JillR.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, louannems said:

I was reading on a topix.com board and I saw the selfie of JillRod, her daughters, the grieving parents, and the white children's coffin in the background.

Remember those photo booths where 3 or 4 of you and your junior high school friends would crowd into and pose with silly smiles?

That is what JillRod reminds me of.  Who in their right mind would paste a silly grin on her face at a funeral?  And not just any funeral, but the funerals of three small children who died so tragically?

There is really something wrong with JillR.

She also made her own video of the service, and posted it.

Recently, someone asked Jill on her Facebook page how that family is doing. ( I can’t recall the family’s name at the moment) She did not reply, and deleted the post. She has no clue, because she doesn’t even know them.

• Love 15

Jill's a narcissist. Nothing she says or does isn't about her in some way. I feel sorry for her children because having a narcissistic parent is truly horrible. I almost feel sorry for David too, but it's hard to know his role in the dysfunction of this family. 

• Love 11
On 9/27/2018 at 3:44 PM, doodlebug said:

There used to be a place in my hometown that sold donuts made from potato flour, they were called Spudnuts and tasted like any other donut. 

Jill looks like she is having mental health issues in that picture, why would she choose such an unflattering photo to advertise her product?  There is nothing about that photo that indicates that drinking Plexus is good for one's health.

There's still Spudnuts around. There's a smattering across the country and there's still one in Mentor and Berea. I grew up in Mentor and still live in Lake County and while it's been at least a decade since I had one of their doughnuts, they are tasty. 

Jill does look like she's having a break down. I don't know much about them, just what I've read here, but as the baby factory closes down, I see nothing good happening. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

There's still Spudnuts around. There's a smattering across the country and there's still one in Mentor and Berea. I grew up in Mentor and still live in Lake County and while it's been at least a decade since I had one of their doughnuts, they are tasty. 

Jill does look like she's having a break down. I don't know much about them, just what I've read here, but as the baby factory closes down, I see nothing good happening. 

We have *4* in our area!  They are good.  I like them better tan Dunkin' but not as much as Winchell's or our mom and pop stores.  But seriously, is there a BAD donut?

Those kids need to be a priority and it's clear they are not.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

beats me....i have no interest in her jewelry. i dont know why it showed up on the right side of my fb page.

Between FB and YouTube, I swear we are all being stalked by everything. A friend of mine posted on FB asking for gifs of people favorite horribly bad movies. Someone posted a gif from Euro Trip and while I saw her post and the response, I didn't comment on it. But today YT is suggesting a clip from the damn movie. 

18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

We have *4* in our area!  They are good.  I like them better tan Dunkin' but not as much as Winchell's or our mom and pop stores.  But seriously, is there a BAD donut?

Those kids need to be a priority and it's clear they are not.  

There is a thing as bad donuts, but I'm spoiled and the mom and pop shop that was voted best in Cleveland, Biagio's, is right down the street from me, so I'm not in danger of them! 

Those kids are definitely not a priority. Somehow they manage to make the majority of crazy fundy parents seem down right wonderful and not at all horrible in comparison. The R kids have an almost hollow look to them beyond looking starved for food. They just look so starved for everything in life. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Between FB and YouTube, I swear we are all being stalked by everything. A friend of mine posted on FB asking for gifs of people favorite horribly bad movies. Someone posted a gif from Euro Trip and while I saw her post and the response, I didn't comment on it. But today YT is suggesting a clip from the damn movie. 

There is a thing as bad donuts, but I'm spoiled and the mom and pop shop that was voted best in Cleveland, Biagio's, is right down the street from me, so I'm not in danger of them! 

Those kids are definitely not a priority. Somehow they manage to make the majority of crazy fundy parents seem down right wonderful and not at all horrible in comparison. The R kids have an almost hollow look to them beyond looking starved for food. They just look so starved for everything in life. 

I am going to have to talk to my cousin about this.  She is coming out in December and she may just need to bring me some.  You know, a hostess gift.  HA!

• Love 1