Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

A Maxwell/Maxwell adjacent had a Black person at her reception? I'm truly surprised. 

Did anyone notice the glaring spelling error on the menu board? It's jalapeños, not jalepenos. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Josiah Duggar is in one of the photos, too.

3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Did anyone notice the glaring spelling error on the menu board? It's jalapeños, not jalepenos. 

No, I didn't, because I wouldn't be sure of the spelling and I don't write the word a lot. Thanks for pointing it out!

Edited by Temperance
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

She seems to be getting progressively more overwrought and hysterical in her posts. 

Yes, she's always been weird and self-centered, but she really seems to be more manic than ever these days. I think you're right that she's rattled by the prospect of Tim leaving the nest. But I wonder if the new baby isn't doing as well as she claims. According to her, Janessa is doing just fine despite the doctors' gloomy warnings (so, now she has her own Precious Miracle Baby, just like Michelle and Josie!). But it's possible that she's acting so crazy to distract herself from the fact that her newborn has serious medical issues that can't be prayed away and that require a level of care that she can't provide while touring the country in an RV. I hope I'm wrong, because I wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

• Love 9

I don’t own an RV and know jack about towing a vehicle. Here’s my question. I was not aware the family had a 15 passenger van. Why the NEED to have a CAR to run errands RIGHT NOW to tow on their trip to Seattle? I wonder how long it’s going to take some sucker to buy them a brand new set of tires for their grift van. These people are shameless.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Jill took her kids to a park!?

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They actually went to a local amusement park last weekend. Even though the place is relatively cheap, it still would have been nearly $300 for admission alone. I suspect that they spent some of their GoToMeFund (tm Nurie) money to finance this little outing. 

They've gone other places too. However due to costs they often just look in the windows. I'm sure JillR is playing Distressed Christian Damsel Mother Hubbard, just waiting for someone to offer to pay their admission.

So maybe they sat outside the park with all looking in longingly and someone fell for their scheme.

Someone needs to post her picture on FB with a, If you see this woman DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT donate to any cause!! warning. (smile)

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3

I was thinking Jill's extra-craziness was due to Timothy leaving since I've known quite a few extremely controlling mothers who went through that when their kids left their sphere of control. Adding Baby Janessa and her issues are probably sending her completely over the edge. There is no way she has any control over Janessa's development, other than to follow the doctor's instructions. I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't a completely loathsome person.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, EVS said:

I don’t know about the car for Timothy but, according to Free Jinger, Jill is now claiming on FB that she took her kids to the park and when they went to leave, two of the 15 passenger van tires were punctured and it looked deliberate according to Jill. I think she either ran over nails, or she knows they need new tires before they drive Tim to college and is trying to grift them. 

When I go to this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rodriguesfamilylovesjesus , I don't see as many of the posts and comments that others apparently see? Specifically, I don't see anything about Timothy's fender bender or about a trip to the park. So maybe Jill has another Facebook page? 

Anyway, since I live in Spokane, I want to figure out when the whole family is going to be in town, dropping Timothy off. If they're going to perform in a local church, I want to go. So please post on here any info you come across about their itinerary, travels, plans, etc. for Spokane. I mean just public info - things that Jill is announcing, especially in regards to what church/es they may be performing at. Thanks!

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

When I go to this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rodriguesfamilylovesjesus , I don't see as many of the posts and comments that others apparently see? Specifically, I don't see anything about Timothy's fender bender or about a trip to the park. So maybe Jill has another Facebook page? 

Anyway, since I live in Spokane, I want to figure out when the whole family is going to be in town, dropping Timothy off. If they're going to perform in a local church, I want to go. So please post on here any info you come across about their itinerary, travels, plans, etc. for Spokane. I mean just public info - things that Jill is announcing, especially in regards to what church/es they may be performing at. Thanks!

On the left side under the picture, it says you have to follow them to see their public posts. I haven’t been able to make myself do so yet, although curiosity may eventually get the best of me.  

• Love 3

This was a while ago, but thanks again to the person who posted the link to the article about stay at home daughters. I just had a chance to read it. Very interesting. I now have lots of blogs to read from these women who have escaped! 

• Love 1
(edited)

You can see her public posts without having to follow her. I don't know if you can screen your followers. I say this because Jill scrutinizes all profiles of anyone making a friend request. That's why I lay low...no mention of Jesus in my bio. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

I wonder if the person who punctured the tires is also the person who wrote 'fat bitch' on (T)Witney's (MBFFL) RV.  

I must admit, I do feel bad for Jill in regards to Janessa and her health issues.  I don't think for one second that Jill did anything wrong during her pregnancy, and every child deserves to grow up healthy.  Jill's about 2 steps from going over the deep end, and it's not going to be pretty when it happens.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

I was thinking Jill's extra-craziness was due to Timothy leaving since I've known quite a few extremely controlling mothers who went through that when their kids left their sphere of control. Adding Baby Janessa and her issues are probably sending her completely over the edge. There is no way she has any control over Janessa's development, other than to follow the doctor's instructions. I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't a completely loathsome person.

My mom was that way with my brother.  The difference is, she spent $200 on a foodsaver and unsuccessfully mailed him vacuum frozen packs of steamed buns and braised pork.  Jill is flat out robbing people

• Love 3
9 hours ago, sixlets said:

I must admit, I do feel bad for Jill in regards to Janessa and her health issues.  I don't think for one second that Jill did anything wrong during her pregnancy, and every child deserves to grow up healthy.  

This was the first pregnancy during which Jill drank gallons of Plexus.  Could be a connection.  Plexus contains a strange concoction of ingredients. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Mollie said:

This was the first pregnancy during which Jill drank gallons of Plexus.  Could be a connection.  Plexus contains a strange concoction of ingredients. 

There aren’t any reliable studies that indicate Plexus causes birth defects.

• Love 2

I have only seen opinions about Plexus online. Is it even FDA approved as a weight loss product? 

I would be leary , personally, of using it while pregnant and while breastfeeding. I would think a prenatal vitamin and a healthy diet would be the way to go.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have only seen opinions about Plexus online. Is it even FDA approved as a weight loss product? 

I would be leary , personally, of using it while pregnant and while breastfeeding. I would think a prenatal vitamin and a healthy diet would be the way to go.

Plexus is not considered to be a drug, it is a food or food supplement, and therefore, the FDA doesn't have to approve it before it can be sold.  This is how a lot of different manufacturers of supposedly healthy supplements get around the regulations and make claims as to health benefits with their products without actually having to do the research and present proof.

The FDA does occasionally crack down and issue warnings about the worst offenders in the food supplement industry, but most are pretty much unregulated.

Plexus was originally developed as a drink for diabetics to help regulate their blood sugars and, apparently, some reported weight loss with drinking it; so the manufacturer, sensing a much bigger market, started advertising it for that use.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5
On 7/6/2018 at 6:51 PM, Fostersmom said:

I know a woman I went to junior high and high school with who is the epitome of both of these. She has 2 kids in private Christian school, has family season passes to 2 major amusement parks in Ohio and food passes in at last one of them for her, the kids, and her husband, has posted for at least the last few years about the family Christmas trip to Florida, and spring break trips to Florida again. She's also begged for someone to loan her kids shoes because they didn't have dress shoes to wear to their piano recitals and the kicker was last summer when she was bragging about taking her kids to locations around her major city that offered free lunches to any school aged child, no questions asked. In theory, these should have been to replace meals kids would be missing since school was out for the summer and they weren't getting their free lunches at school. Hot dogs, ham sandwiches, fruit and milk, standard school lunch fare. Are the lunches she got for her kids keeping another kid from eating? No, most likely not, but milking the program when you're spending thousands a year on trips and amusement parks is really just sleazy. 

I have MS and a handicapped placard that I rarely use. Maybe a few times a month, if that. But every time I go someplace with anyone, they are aways demanding I bring it with me so it can be used. If I've been doing a ton of walking lately or the weather is extreme, I sometimes will, I sometimes won't. I constantly hear, "if I had one, I'd use it every where". Here's the thing, I know there's a good chance there will come a day I have no choice in the matter of using it or not, so as long as I'm able to avoid using it, I'm going to avoid it. I'm 41 and was diagnosed at 26. I held out to getting one until Feb of last year and then only asked since I was having issues with my balance and walking on ice was getting dangerous so I needed to be able to not have to trudge across parking lots. I'll still trudge across in the winter even when it's freezing if the lots aren't icy though. 

Fellow MSer here!  I am ALWAYS asked to bring it with me when I travel with someone.  I had a fairly new friend call me and ask if she could use it to take her dad to a Dodger game.  Of course I said no and I was a bit peeved that she asked.  First her dad is old so he could prob get his own and I didn't want to be busted loaning it out because I sometimes do need it and do not want to be without.  It was pretty nervy.

I really hope someone takes Jill to task one day for the constant begging.  No her son doesn't need a car.  Buses are just fine. Our bus system allows our students to ride free but even if he has to pay, its less $ than gas and insurance as well as repairs.  Truth be told, I would be very surprised if he lasts a year in WA.  Its an expensive program that they cannot afford (and if they could, quit begging for used cars), he isn't used to being so far away from home, and I think he academically will not be able to handle it.  

• Love 11

Mr. Xword is disabled, we have a placard, and we only use it when we're together.  Never have I used it when I'm alone.  I make it a point to park far away and get more steps in, when I'm by myself.  

It just pisses me off that people that don't need one manage to use someone else's.  

I haven't been to Spokane in many years, but I would bet they have a good transit system.  Is Jill afraid her son will rub shoulders with heathens if he rides a bus?  Does Jill vet everyone who donates money to her grifter family, and make sure that they are fellow fundies that believe as she does?  These people.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Plexus is not considered to be a drug, it is a food or food supplement, and therefore, the FDA doesn't have to approve it before it can be sold.  This is how a lot of different manufacturers of supposedly healthy supplements get around the regulations and make claims as to health benefits with their products without actually having to do the research and present proof.

The FDA does occasionally crack down and issue warnings about the worst offenders in the food supplement industry, but most are pretty much unregulated.

Plexus was originally developed as a drink for diabetics to help regulate their blood sugars and, apparently, some reported weight loss with drinking it; so the manufacturer, sensing a much bigger market, started advertising it for that use.

So here’s what’s in plexus slim:

42avt.jpg

and here’s what’s in Plexus Accelerator +

x55buc.jpg

Looks like a ton of vitamin B. Probably makes colourful urine.  

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

42avt.jpg

and here’s what’s in Plexus Accelerator +

x55buc.jpg

Looks like a ton of vitamin B. Probably makes colourful urine.  

The accelerator looks like you would be bouncing off the freaking walls!  Yerba Mate Tea is really popular right now on campus because of the high caffeine (almost like coffee levels).  We sell a ton around midterm/finals season.  The 1st one says check with your doc if pregnant or nursing and the 2nd one clearly states not intended for pregnant/nursing moms/kids.  I am going to guess Jill never consulted with her doc.  

• Love 4

For the slim, consulting a doctor if pregnant or nursing is suggested. But for the Accelerator + , it is not intended for expecting or nursing mothers, not even a consult a doctor suggestion.

• Love 3

Well then.  That's a whole bunch of chemicals in one easy drink.  Good grief.

It's so frustrating to see companies like this skirt FDA guidelines.  They are in place for a reason.  This stuff has to be expensive.  Maybe, just maybe, she could take the money that she blows on this crap to buy her children some food.  This woman is endlessly irritating.

• Love 2

I've taken lots of that stuff separately and never lost any weight from it (green tea capsules; 5-HTP; alpha-lipoic acid and its cousin, conjugated linoleic acid or "CLA", about which the same types of claims have been made); so I am skeptical.  Plus, I feel like we had someone here who said their friend is on Facebook and touts Plexus constantly, along with something else in the fitness-MLM pantheon, and yet has never lost any appreciable amount of weight from the combination.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

The accelerator looks like you would be bouncing off the freaking walls! 

We've been wondering here why she's been acting crazier and more manic then usual lately. This could be an underlying reason.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, kokapetl said:

42avt.jpg

Somehow I doubt that the manufacturer of Plexus Slim, or the many salespeople, know that AIDS is widely referred to in Africa as Slim or Slim Disease (for the wasting that takes place if an HIV+ person goes untreated).

• Love 1

A large can of Folger's is $9.98 at Costco. Go ahead Jill get a large can and make your own coffee if you need that much of a "lift" vs drinking some chemical that makes you bounce off the walls. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, louannems said:

A FB "friend" of JillR says Timothy bought a used car at a car auction.  I read this on FG.  I'm sure JillR will still grift for new tires to replace the slashed ones.

Good for Timmy.  *applauds*

• Love 4

I lady at my job used to selling plexus as a a cure for diabetes around the office. I mentioned to one of her  customers that drinking apple cider vinegar works very good and is cheap. She tried a couple teaspoons mixed with a lot of water for a week and her doctor was surprised at her numbers. The lady selling it told me I was jeopardizing her customers health when they all stopped buying it lol. I asked my doctor about it and he said it might help some but the vinegar usually worked better. 

32 minutes ago, graefin said:

Holy heck, Whitney's gown. Still tame by our standards, but certainly not by theirs. Could you imagine any of the Duggars or Bates daughters wearing this?

Is she talking about her adoptive parents? 

I love her dress! (but still think a full-blown 2nd wedding was really indulgent)

• Love 13
(edited)

So they are going to be married 5 years in December and they spent all that money on a vow renewal?  Seriously?  I don't understand.  Yes, her dress is lovely.  But they had bridesmaids and the whole nine yards...?  SMH.  

Maybe if they had eloped originally, but they did not.  I am kinda baffled...

Maybe the show footed the bill- they needed another VSE? 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 15
(edited)

I think she is referring to her biological parents. If that is the case shame on her for dissing the family who took care of her in her teen years. Why does it have to be one set of parents versus the other? Love is love, and I hope her “adoptive” parents were part of the vow renewal. 

I don’t recall pictures of their wedding. Did the Bates parents guilt her into wearing a T-shirt top gown?

I thought I read Whitney was removed from her biological parents’ home. Now they are Godly.

All four look great, and that gown is amazing. Hope that’s a middle finger to Kelly for helping Whitney to become “convicted” to wear ugly ass, ankle length denim skirts, and awful polos. 

Maybe UP paid for all or part of the wedding. The story lines are drying up.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 7
(edited)

Thank you @GeeGolly. Modesty, modesty, modesty. I hope it made Kelly uncomfortable, but she has no control now. While I don’t get the vow renewal thing, good for Whitney for getting the gown and “wedding” she wanted. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Is she talking about her adoptive parents? 

I love her dress! (but still think a full-blown 2nd wedding was really indulgent)

I think she's referring to her bio parents, which is bizarre because Whitney was adopted out of foster care, if memory serves me correctly. If she was removed from her home by CPS, her parents were the ones screwing up, not her. 

I remember it being discussed that Kelly was heavily involved in Whitney reuniting with her biological parents, so this sounds like your typical Gothard brainwashing and rewriting of history.

I agree it's pretty crappy to turn her back on the adoptive family. I'm sure they were the ones who paid for her wedding and picked up the slack when her other parents failed.

• Love 10
(edited)

It's her biological parents she has reconciled with. Her adoptive parents have been MIA for a while now.

I assume the network paid for this renewal. At least Whitney got to do it her way this time. She and Zach most definitely are the "lite-ist" of these fundie couples--it's a fair bet, based on comments Whit has made, that they are also practicing some form of family planning.

Edited by graefin