Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I went to her blog. Umm yeah there's a Hannah!? Who knew. So many pictures they are sooooooo, soooo busy crossing the country and all the kids get is a lousy church meal. There are 3-4 tiny trays of food which insures none of those kids really got to eat anything. So much frump wear except for Momma. Momma manages to look good. Notice her nails are always done, makeup and hair. How does she do it all? 

• Love 6

Wow.

So her kids avoid the "worldly, sensual prom." Congrats.

I'm delighted too that Janessa is meeting all her milestones--but cripes, woman, she is TWO MONTHS OLD. I hope your kid won't take until age 6 to learn to walk (our friend's kid with AGG did) but um, just hold on. It may get tougher.

Don't YOU find sin-convicting preaching SO REFRESHING??? Me too! 

• Love 11

Are we for sure these people really even exist? They all just look like giant heads, badly photo shopped onto wonky bodies. This is a cute pic though. Rarrrrr!! Poor thing looked dead in the picture where she's wearing the "love" onesie. Poor kids already have dead, fried hair. David, you fat bastard, feed your damn kids.  

image.png

• Love 10

Of all the randomly capitalized ramblings (capitalization below is mine), this one killed me.  

David:   Happy 46th Birthday to my wonderful husband- David! I decided to make him chili (one of his favorites) and cupcakes for his special day!  We all enjoyed going around the table and expressing our gratitude for what a great husband / dad he is! 

These poor starving children had to watch the fat ass eat a meal while praising him for being a "great dad"???   I seriously doubt that he has done anything but sleep with Jill.   What, specifically, has he done for them to be grateful for?  

• Love 14

After reading that blog post, does anyone think that Jill actually gets up at night to take care of Janessa?  Jill's day seems so full from the hair, makeup, exercising (??), shilling plexus, and blog posts, I don't see where she would find the time to take care of a baby. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

After reading that blog post, does anyone think that Jill actually gets up at night to take care of Janessa?  Jill's day seems so full from the hair, makeup, exercising (??), shilling plexus, and blog posts, I don't see where she would find the time to take care of a baby. 

ITA but if she is breast feeding she has no choice. I doubt she would spend any money on a pump.

• Love 1

Jill and her family are masters of photography of making the kids look skeletal and tiny.  There is a photo I'll never forget of Jana Duggar standing next to Nurie.  Nurie dwarfs Jana in all respects.  She's much taller and her arms are larger also.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, louannems said:

The dead baby pose is too much, even for Jill.

You forgot to show the picture of the side spine of the bible, proving that it's a KJB,  after Jill quotes MANY bible verses!

?

58985EF3-4870-4D7D-86C6-789626DA9065.jpeg

• Love 2
5 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Of all the randomly capitalized ramblings (capitalization below is mine), this one killed me.  

These poor starving children had to watch the fat ass eat a meal while praising him for being a "great dad"???   I seriously doubt that he has done anything but sleep with Jill.   What, specifically, has he done for them to be grateful for?  

Jill's children truly are the poster children for Feed The Children. Who do we call to make that happen? A good meal everyday will add meat to their bare bones.

• Love 6
On 6/29/2018 at 9:12 AM, queenanne said:

Oh, I hope they’re not that dumb, because my school in the 90s assuredly wanted your tuition paid before you stepped foot on campus, and in fact I had to get the dean of students to intercede in order that they didn’t give my housing away; and this was literally a situation where once I got the  last weeks check from my summer job, I would have had the balance paid.  The dean in fact had to step in yet again and compel the bursar to let me start class; and you better believe I was not the only person standing in the bursars line that week either.

In our school and I am sure others you are dropped from your classes if tuition for the quarter is not paid.  I wish him well.  

• Love 3

Nurie’s head looks 5x’s too big for her body.  I’m not snarking at all when I say she’s freakish-looking.  I’m afraid Nurie will end up having to marry the dregs of the fundie world, only because of her crazy mother and the way she’s been raised.  No decent guy is going to want to be associated with that freak show IMO.

• Love 14
(edited)

How does Jill manage to make her kids look like bobbleheads in every. single. photo? Does she stand on a step stool and aim her camera down?

Edited by McManda
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Can’t get the rest to post, the files are too big, oh well.

I had to go the blog to see the rest of the terrifying pictures for myself and was struck by this one in particular:

5b3ab0f50587b_ScreenShot2018-07-02at7_09_05PM.png.3ac88c95f58ca2a3228d2995ec7e1aab.png

I'm not sure what directive was given to these two to get this pic, but the girl on the left looks like she was 'shopped into the image and the starving Rodrigues girl there on the right seems to be straddling the entire bush. 

4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Nurie’s head looks 5x’s too big for her body.  I’m not snarking at all when I say she’s freakish-looking.  I’m afraid Nurie will end up having to marry the dregs of the fundie world, only because of her crazy mother and the way she’s been raised.  No decent guy is going to want to be associated with that freak show IMO.

Um, aren’t THEY the dregs of fundiedom?

Just kidding, kind of.

• Love 5

I really think that's a big part of the RV singing tour across the country to take Timmy to school.  Look at our eligible daughters - Nurie and Kaylee. Find them a "good" type of God-fearing/worshipping person to be their new headship.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

For letting his sperm connect to her egg.

• Love 2
(edited)

The pictures are horrid but I’m almost more out off by their names. Not a single one of the kids names goes together, some are perfectly fine names but their first and middle together is just such odd combos.  They all sound weird except maybe Timothy David. 

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 3

So I went to the blog.  Don't worry, I had a couple of beers first. Oh my.  This is from one of the churches they sang at.  The woman next to Jill has this look of "Who in the hell is this woman?"

33022032_2041599099411766_10670111893403

David really can't take a good photo, can he?

33058655_2041599356078407_41780407584413

Oh Gabriel, I hope you get food, and braces, and food, and an ear pinning, and FOOD!

35671853_2058450637726612_60948704892540

Seriously, Dude, cannot take a good photo

33901967_2045755782329431_18538847731816

Renee's "friend" that went to the restaurant with them looks like she's on detention and is miserable.

35528718_2057518647819811_37000786772754

Then there's the part of how Renee attended the Homeschooling Music competition in VA.  Jill is blown away by how high her scores were and how Renee blew it away.  Plus it took her an entire year to learn the song.  Um, a year?  I looked up the sheet music and maybe with daily practice a month if she was learning, but a year?  Oh and Renee got a Certificate of Participation.  They do offer prizes and plaques for 1-3rd place - 1st gets $100.  Guess those scores weren't so high after all, hmm Jill?

34822134_2049972538574422_61966164133654

Cupcakes for David.  I think Jill and Jessa could actually make some that look better.

33923747_2045755848996091_26083944470077

And let's don't forget fun family time together.  Because the family that shoots together, um, yea.  Oh but did you know FROG stands for Fully Rely On God?  

35126929_2052172425021100_38545845680613

Heading to the prayer closet with vodka and tequilla.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, doodlebug said:

-Janessa is a really cute baby when Jill isn't putting stupid bows on her head.

or making her look like a dead baby in a coffin.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Soaper410 said:

The pictures are horrid but I’m almost more out off by their names. Not a single one of the kids names goes together, some are perfectly fine names but their first and middle together is just such odd combos.  They all sound weird except maybe Timothy David. 

I’m just very surprised that the kids don’t all have completely biblical names. It’s puzzling, given their level of fanaticism. 

I really am concerned about these children. It’s going to be terrible when the inevitable news story or tell all book comes out. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Where's Bill Gothard when you need him? ?

eta: I haven't worn a toe ring since the late 90's. I don't remember the last time I saw one on someone else.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Those children look exactly like the children (and growth stunted young adults) in Southern California (Riverside? Redlands? San Bernardino? O r of those smoggy places) who were seriously starved and neglected by their patents (also uber religious folks, I believe), 

• Love 8

Notice that the boys (except one little kid), and most of the girls have their shirts tucked in. David doesn't, because he's too fat. 

The girls look hideous. I can't even describe their look -- a combination of Princess Erin hair, stripper makeup, old-school junkie thinness, and Salvation Army prom section clothes? I'd think most fundie families would see the girls and say "no thanks, my sons are courting modest Christian girls." 

Jill looks Stormy-er all the time. 

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

The camera adds 10 lbs, so those poor kids are even skinnier in real life.  Just saying...

So just how many cameras are on David? (h/t Chandler Bing) 

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, awaken said:

I’m just very surprised that the kids don’t all have completely biblical names. It’s puzzling, given their level of fanaticism. 

Neither do the Duggars or the Bates and they were fanatical back when they were having kids. Most fundies branch out from the biblical, because it's gives them more names to use. The same names used over and over can get confusing. The Maxwells who did mostly biblical except for Christopher (pre-vasectomy). They have their daughter Anna and daughter-in-law Anna Marie, who is called Anna-Marie to differentiate from Anna. 

Anna Duggar's parents gave all their kids biblical names. 

Edited by Temperance

Dang, she posted fifty million pictures of her fat ass husband, starving children, and numerous random strangers but she couldn't post single shot of herself covered in baby shit? Because you KNOW she took a photo of it.

Jill, are you reading? I'll make a substantial love offering to see it! 

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, Annabel11 said:

And an ankle bracelet on her left leg. Very sluttish way to dress. 

I enlarged the photo and it doesn't look like a bracelet it looks like it's a scar  to me.

13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

So I went to the blog.  Don't worry, I had a couple of beers first. Oh my.  This is from one of the churches they sang at.  The woman next to Jill has this look of "Who in the hell is this woman?"

33022032_2041599099411766_10670111893403

David really can't take a good photo, can he?

33058655_2041599356078407_41780407584413

Oh Gabriel, I hope you get food, and braces, and food, and an ear pinning, and FOOD!

35671853_2058450637726612_60948704892540

Seriously, Dude, cannot take a good photo

33901967_2045755782329431_18538847731816

Renee's "friend" that went to the restaurant with them looks like she's on detention and is miserable.

35528718_2057518647819811_37000786772754

Then there's the part of how Renee attended the Homeschooling Music competition in VA.  Jill is blown away by how high her scores were and how Renee blew it away.  Plus it took her an entire year to learn the song.  Um, a year?  I looked up the sheet music and maybe with daily practice a month if she was learning, but a year?  Oh and Renee got a Certificate of Participation.  They do offer prizes and plaques for 1-3rd place - 1st gets $100.  Guess those scores weren't so high after all, hmm Jill?

34822134_2049972538574422_61966164133654

Cupcakes for David.  I think Jill and Jessa could actually make some that look better.

33923747_2045755848996091_26083944470077

And let's don't forget fun family time together.  Because the family that shoots together, um, yea.  Oh but did you know FROG stands for Fully Rely On God?  

35126929_2052172425021100_38545845680613

Heading to the prayer closet with vodka and tequilla.

Poor Gabriel is actually kinda cute in his own innocent sort of way.  I do hope they fix his teeth though.  Society can be cruel about those sorts of things.  Renee’s complexion looks really sallow and unhealthy next to a healthy kid.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I wonder if she's a preacher's kid. They tend to get roped into entertaining visiting children whether they want to or not.

• Love 9

Why don't Tubby and Stormy bite the bullet and go apply for food assistance? I don't know how much they'd get, but a little something is better than nothing. If you're a savvy shopper you can find ways to stretch a dollar.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Why don't Tubby and Stormy bite the bullet and go apply for food assistance? I don't know how much they'd get, but a little something is better than nothing. If you're a savvy shopper you can find ways to stretch a dollar.

Maybe they have (not that Stormy J would admit to it). It doesn't really matter how much food money they have; the kids are still going to get screwed while Beer Belly and Stormy get the good stuff. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Maybe they have (not that Stormy J would admit to it). It doesn't really matter how much food money they have; the kids are still going to get screwed while Beer Belly and Stormy get the good stuff. 

That's true. I guess it doesn't matter whether they get $20 or $2000, if Dave and Stormy hoover up all the food, leaving the kids to fight over scraps of meat left on the chicken bones.

• Love 4

I looked it up and there are about a half dozen food pantries within 15 miles of the Rodriguii. I would hope they are utilizing their services. Those kids are so painfully thin, all of them. It's not like just one or two happens to be a skinny minnie. All of them look rail thin. I wonder about long term damage to their bones and stuff from prolonged denial of nutrients. A kid can be damaged for life by a seriously poor diet.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Dang, she posted fifty million pictures of her fat ass husband, starving children, and numerous random strangers but she couldn't post single shot of herself covered in baby shit? Because you KNOW she took a photo of it.

Jill, are you reading? I'll make a substantial love offering to see it! 

Thanks for the post! I NEEDED the laugh. I get so SAD and feel so HELPLESS when I read about those children.  I too will CONTRIBUTE to the shit show love offering.  

I want consistent healthy food for those kids. Vitamins, pepto bismol to help with the influx of regular food, and laughter. Lots and lots of genuine laughter and the freedom to feel and express it without concerns of being godly. 

• Love 6

Those jackasses are way too proud to take handouts from the gubmint.  That’s for lazy people that had kids they couldn’t afford, who aren’t the right kind of Christians and don’t look like them.  Never mind that the kids are malnourished...it’s all about pride.

But since they had more kids than they couldn't afford, and no one is really gainfully employed, then according to their logic, they aren’t entitled to any assistance.  Get jobs like the rest of us, and grow a damn garden!  There’s more than enough people to work the land.  

• Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I looked it up and there are about a half dozen food pantries within 15 miles of the Rodriguii. I would hope they are utilizing their services. Those kids are so painfully thin, all of them. It's not like just one or two happens to be a skinny minnie. All of them look rail thin. I wonder about long term damage to their bones and stuff from prolonged denial of nutrients. A kid can be damaged for life by a seriously poor diet.

I remember reading once that Audrey Hepburn had lifelong health issues resulting from the malnourishment she suffered as a child during WWII. Obviously that's an extreme example, but still. It's infuriating with the Rodriguii because Mom and Dad clearly aren't missing any meals. Feeding their children properly just doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Those jackasses are way too proud to take handouts from the gubmint.  That’s for lazy people that had kids they couldn’t afford, who aren’t the right kind of Christians and don’t look like them.  Never mind that the kids are malnourished...it’s all about pride.

They're certainly willing to take handouts from everybody else. I suspect the Rodriguii, and a lot of other fundies, take government assistance on the sly. The FLDS, to mention some other fundies with too many kids, were notorious for taking food stamps. They called it "bleeding the beast." 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Those jackasses are way too proud to take handouts from the gubmint.  

A lot of the food pantries appear to be operated by churches, which you would think might make getting food there okay. Of course, most of them are the "wrong" kind of churches, so there's that to consider. I'm sure Jill thinks it she fed her kids peanut butter that came from a Catholic church, they'd all go straight to hell or something.  Better to let them starve, I guess.

46 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The FLDS, to mention some other fundies with too many kids, were notorious for taking food stamps. They called it "bleeding the beast." 

You may be on to something ... Jill really shouldn't mind accepting government assistance. I would think bleeding the beast would really appeal to her. She can tell herself that every five pound block of cheese she totes home means one less abortion the government has money to pay for. It's a win-win! 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Heathen said:

They're certainly willing to take handouts from everybody else. I suspect the Rodriguii, and a lot of other fundies, take government assistance on the sly. The FLDS, to mention some other fundies with too many kids, were notorious for taking food stamps. They called it "bleeding the beast." 

Those self-righteous hypocrites don’t see love offerings as handouts because they’re extra very special to Jesus and are entitled to abundant blessings?

Jill and Porky Pig are just narcissists and all the kids are mere supporting actors in their show.  I really loathe people who don’t put their kids first.

• Love 12