Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm surprised that the girl at the end (not quite sure but I think it is Sophia), didn't drown with such a long skirt on. 

However, that blue thing she has on does appear to be some sort of flotation vest, possibly even a proper life vest.  It gapes around the arm holes, but might even pass the fit test where you pull up on the vest at the back of the neck and it needs to not come up over the head or slip off. 

But given how safety for their children doesn't appear to even be on their list of priorities, it makes me wonder if this poor child is completely unable to swim.  The other Jill (and Derrick) may never be nominated for parents of the year but at least they have arranged swim lessons for their kids.

• Like 11

The Rods will never get swimming lessons because no instructor would let them swim with their clothes on.

Actually, they would never get any legit lessons of anything because J&D would never let an outsider from their faith near their children. They don't want their little minds contaminated with evil thoughts and they don't want to get reported to CPS.

• Like 13
  • Sad 8
2 hours ago, peppergal said:

However, that blue thing she has on does appear to be some sort of flotation vest, possibly even a proper life vest.  It gapes around the arm holes, but might even pass the fit test where you pull up on the vest at the back of the neck and it needs to not come up over the head or slip off. 

But given how safety for their children doesn't appear to even be on their list of priorities, it makes me wonder if this poor child is completely unable to swim.  The other Jill (and Derrick) may never be nominated for parents of the year but at least they have arranged swim lessons for their kids.

I guess it is at least something. 

• Like 1

They must have found another campground that was OK with the kids swimming in street clothes.  I still remember JRod's screed against KOA because they got kicked out for doing that among other things.  That was when she argued that they weren't wearing street clothes, but rather Christian swimwear.  She was pretty butthurt over that one.

I'm laughing at Dave as the myth or the legend.  The only rocks I associate with him are the ones in his head.  

I'm rolling my eyes at JillR constantly talking about how she is healing.  She is milking this for all it is worth.  I find it interesting that JillR's father has posted some thanks for those who are helping them, but JillR has not thanked anyone.  Once again, she thinks everything is her due.  

ETA: Forgot one more thing.  Someone upthread referenced Lauren Duggar having an Asa cake at Bella's shower.  While Lauren was definitely extra regarding her early miscarriage, I gave her a big pass because she was 19 and not very mature.  JillR is a supposedly grown woman who has supposedly had several severe miscarriages before.  She is definitely milking it.

Edited by Meow Mix
  • Like 23
7 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

ETA: Forgot one more thing.  Someone upthread referenced Lauren Duggar having an Asa cake at Bella's shower.  While Lauren was definitely extra regarding her early miscarriage, I gave her a big pass because she was 19 and not very mature.  JillR is a supposedly grown woman who has supposedly had several severe miscarriages before.  She is definitely milking it.

It was also her first pregnancy. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

I have noticed in the last few years since the KOA incident, the rod's pics at pools show zero other campground/hotel/gym guests swimming and the rod kids often seem cold. I am guessing they swim early or late, when others might not notice the street clothes and complain.

I find i hilarious Hannah has been shown wearing what appears to be a rash guard swim shirt as a regular shirt in recent pics, yet that is not what she wears to swim...

No pics so far at Pastor....someone's florida house. the one with the pool and who takes the boys out on the boat. Pastor Vinnie....Vance ?? I can't remember, but that seems a usual stop for the rod winter grift tour.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
On 2/13/2023 at 2:20 PM, GeeGolly said:

Does Tim still live in the tiny camper in the driveway?

Here's a pic from about a year ago with Heidi and 2 of her sisters.

When Tim, a brother and the two NotNurie's road tripped to a wedding a few months back, was it to Heidi's older sister's wedding?

This is all I found about the dad.

• Jeremy Coverett
  • Studied at Heartland Baptist Bible College
  • Went to Home School
  • Lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • From Lebanon, Oregon
  • Married to Ellen Vincent Coverett

image.png.a0ef8f37f5d4a18e5bfa91999b8760b7.png

Poor Renee, decked out like a forty-something mother of the bride. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
On 2/26/2023 at 4:54 PM, oliviabenson said:

I doubt The Legend Dave soaks his feet lol

I gagged picturing his tootsies lol

In all fairness, they're probably less scary than Jill's with her 36 layers of polish per toe. 

• LOL 9
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

No clue why there’s question marks , an emoji gone wrong perhaps.

43E9E9A7-1402-4757-92E3-52B02167907E.jpeg

Well, I guess if "And Kaylee " didn’t already know where she stood in BME's eyes, this should clue her in!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 13
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What were they doing with each other's feet?? Don't you just stick your feet in these baths? These people re creepy. 

Maybe they trim each other’s toe nails and give foot rubs? I don’t like feet so yeah lol.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No clue why there’s question marks , an emoji gone wrong perhaps.

43E9E9A7-1402-4757-92E3-52B02167907E.jpeg

When I clicked through these after reading her caption, I was like - what, did she push them into the water in a couple of those photos?

• LOL 7
On 2/24/2023 at 7:17 PM, ChiCricket said:

Seems sus... like the majority male researchers didn't think their sperm might also be a factor as they aged. So much easier to blame it all on the  'wimminfolk' 🙄

Eggs are in the ovaries from birth; new sperm is created daily*, therefore not as old. Up until recent years there probably weren't as many old dads to study... what with second marriages and Peter Pans putting off marriage as long as they could.

*And at what a rate!:

During spermatogenesis, your testicles make several million sperm per day — about 1,500 per second. By the end of a full sperm production cycle, you can regenerate up to 8 billion sperm. This may seem like overkill, but you release anywhere from 20 to 300 million sperm cells in a single milliliter of semen.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
41 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

During spermatogenesis, your testicles make several million sperm per day — about 1,500 per second. By the end of a full sperm production cycle, you can regenerate up to 8 billion sperm. This may seem like overkill, but you release anywhere from 20 to 300 million sperm cells in a single milliliter of semen.

And yet one, a few or none are a match for the almighty egg. ♀️

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 16
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

B097B975-44A5-488D-BC86-138AF1D5FD59.jpeg

Jill most likely wrote that lol.

and responded to herself 

83C2847E-3BA0-4176-AF30-E155A413AF1F.jpeg

31EB8C75-4F57-4E84-8FE7-295277456AF7.jpeg

CB254FD7-6A11-498E-AFBE-B8342E27602D.jpeg

Okay pls tell me it wasn't just me who scrolled thru that pic of jill hovering over one of the Nurthlings and thought "Oh... Chewbacca in a floral blouse. That's an odd choice for the Rods..." but no, on second glance, it's just the angle of Jill's hair helmet.  

Or maybe a little cutie brussels griffon.

chewiebrusselsgriffon.jpeg.bc8b8e2ac6f3aeff57fdb0fd572d5a5a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 23
34 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Okay pls tell me it wasn't just me who scrolled thru that pic of jill hovering over one of the Nurthlings and thought "Oh... Chewbacca in a floral blouse. That's an odd choice for the Rods..." but no, on second glance, it's just the angle of Jill's hair helmet.  

Or maybe a little cutie brussels griffon.

chewiebrusselsgriffon.jpeg.bc8b8e2ac6f3aeff57fdb0fd572d5a5a.jpeg

Now that I see it (Chewbacca), I can’t unsee it. 

• LOL 18

Nurie doesn't have social media. Nathan preached a sermon demonizing it (while oblivious Jill filmed him for her social media). 

I guess it saves face for Nurie to post on Jill's account in the guise of an email privately sent that Jill posts. 🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nurie doesn't have social media. Nathan preached a sermon demonizing it (while oblivious Jill filmed him for her social media). 

I guess it saves face for Nurie to post on Jill's account in the guise of an email privately sent that Jill posts. 🙄

So Nurie is defying her husband to post on Jill’s social media or Jill is posting a private email that Nurie sent.  One that she sent because her spouse doesn’t want his wife’s words on social media. Which would mean Jill is thumbing her nose at Nathan.  So Jill is causing trouble in her daughter’s  marriage 

• Like 14
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

So Nurie is defying her husband to post on Jill’s social media or Jill is posting a private email that Nurie sent.  One that she sent because her spouse doesn’t want his wife’s words on social media. Which would mean Jill is thumbing her nose at Nathan.  So Jill is causing trouble in her daughter’s  marriage 

Jill doesn't care as long as it brings attention to herself. Her life is all about attention for herself.

• Like 15
(edited)

All that sperm, and 19 had to find Michelle's scrambled eggs AND 13 had to reach Jill's poached eggs.  Yikes.

Edited by sixlets
One should not be typing at 130am and expect it to be good.
  • LOL 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill continues to mention the miscarriage on her FB Stories this morning.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone as self-absorbed, self-centered and thirsty for attention.  It’s all about Jill all the time.  I can’t imagine having to live with someone who has Stage 4 narcissism.  It has to be exhausting.

Perhaps it's the source of Dave's vacant expressions as well as frequently reclining while viewing the map.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 4
  • LOL 6

Nurie's note is proof for what a martyr Jill is.  Look how she handled this very painful and hurtful life event .. being cheerful even though her heart was breaking and getting out of bed every day and going on with the schedule of singing, filming with a smile while the kids swim, posing for pictures on the beach when she was in tremendous pain.  She is Nurie's best friend (besides God and her husband ---> how many times has Jill written like this?).   Those poor Rod kids.  Just a prop for their mom.  Trained to parrot everything out of her mouth.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 21
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I know my “gut health “ has been compromised.

Drink Plexus Gut Cure and fortify yourself for more Jill treacle. You know she's on a roll now polishing her story for the Ladies' Retreat. 

• LOL 9
5 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Apparently quite a few Redditors have been contacted by Jill on Instagram. She’s been sending them DMs. 🤣

757BA6EE-99BE-432F-AA65-D3129CEA02E4.png

Didn’t she just have a miscarriage while using Plexus? 🤦‍♀️

“Losing weight” 😂😂

• LOL 9
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Apparently quite a few Redditors have been contacted by Jill on Instagram. She’s been sending them DMs. 🤣

757BA6EE-99BE-432F-AA65-D3129CEA02E4.png

Didn’t she just have a miscarriage while using Plexus? 🤦‍♀️

Oooh Jill is desperate for that Hawaii trip if she contacting randos on the internet to get them to join her downline.

8 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Perhaps it's the source of Dave's vacant expressions as well as frequently reclining while viewing the map.

He is just worn out dealing with her.   He may share her hateful views, but it doesn't mean she isn't EXHAUSTING to be around.  If she were just spewing her hateful views, he might be more engaged.   But its all the constant keeping her placated and constant attention that cuases him to check out.

Oh who am I kidding?   He is checked out because he found a great way to not have to work.   She could be quiet as a mouse but he would still nap in front of the map all day.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
Just now, merylinkid said:

Oooh Jill is desperate for that Hawaii trip if she contacting randos on the internet to get them to join her downline.

He is just worn out dealing with her.   He may share her hateful views, but it doesn't mean she isn't EXHAUSTING to be around.  If she were just spewing her hateful views, he might be more engaged.   But its all the constant keeping her placated and constant attention that cuases him to check out.

Oh who am I kidding?   He is checked out because he found a great way to not have to work.   She could be quiet as a mouse but he would still nap in front of the map all day.

She really is desperate. One redditor said she got Jill’s message at 4 AM this morning 🤣. Here’s a link to the FTC if anyone else wants to report her false medical claims. 

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 2
On 2/26/2023 at 7:15 PM, all fall down said:

It was Nurie and Nathan's feet. Nurie filmed the video and said on it that she and Nathan had been doing each other's feet and then Nehi climbed in. Still gross no matter whos feet it was. Like crawling into someone elses dirty bath water. 🤢

Par for the course for a family that frolics in a drainage ditch. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
20 hours ago, sixlets said:

All that sperm, and 19 had to find Michelle's scrambled eggs AND 13 had to reach Jill's poached eggs.  Yikes.

And another 19 found Kelly's fried eggs! 

• LOL 9