Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Is it at all possible she could lead, drag, ease Tim away from mama?  He did try to loosen the leash once before.  I'm looking for a stealth move from one of the marriages.  It has to happen at least once.  Although her sister said this is what she wants.  

• Like 9

Given some other pictures I have seen of her, she is all in on the conservative stuff.  I think she believes that she wants what Tim wants, so they will be fine.  What she doesn't realize is that Tim is likely an abuser and as such will move the goalposts or take it out on her when something doesn't go his way.  I hope she does know her way around a rifle because she may need it someday.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 13
20 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

The fact that Jill is not a "friend" yet leads me to believe that she is running this Facebook Page and just saying it is Tim's.  Why would he be "friends" with a lot of her downline ladies?

Because they gave him a sandwich and $5 to use on himself? 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
(edited)

Jill went fishing with a hot pink fishing Rod lol. And no David. Wonder where he was lol. 

4B4D3DA6-4D0B-4A34-AA28-7EF468677A25.jpeg

E33759D5-352A-439B-BF8C-0BEF62BDCCBE.jpeg

She was wearing a manly blouse hoodie and a manly hat. And isn’t fishing only for men?

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 4
  • LOL 7
11 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh, FFS. I did that kind of stuff in middle school. 🙄

Exactly! But remember Jill is a case of arrested development and is pretty much a middle schooler. 

• Like 12
23 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill went fishing with a hot pink fishing Rod lol. And no David. Wonder where he was lol. 

She was wearing a manly blouse hoodie and a manly hat. And isn’t fishing only for men?

How uncomfortable that had to be in a skirt! Why not wear sweats? She already has on "manly" clothing. I hope they didn't go in a boat. I have been in fishing boats many times...... skirts are not a good idea. 

• Like 12

I have some time today because quirky health issue has me stuck at home for a few days. (Long and uninteresting story there)

Thinking on the Rod and the Coverett fam connection. They obviously have like thinking given the Kjon match facilitated by Mr Coverett, I think, and now Timbits and Heidi. I was curious about the time line.

from Jill's fb timeline

April 2021 - The Rods first meet the Coverett family in person after being FB friends "for years" - Coverett fam drove 3 hrs to meet the Rods at a missions conf. where the Rods were grifting at the time. No mention of the plexus down line connection

June 2021 -Jonathan (Heidi's cousin) is shown in the anatomy reveal video for Nemo

Sept 2021 - Jonathan (and) Kaylee are courting

Nov 2021 Rod and Coverett families pictured together at some church

April 2022 Coverett family again drives 3 hours to visit the Rod family grift tour in PA

May 2022 Coverett family visits the barndo

Oct. 2022 - Mama Coverett posts on Jill's fb and seems miffed she did not receive an invite to the kjon wedding shower at the barndo.

Nov 2022 - Kjon wedding with Jonathan's cousin/Heidi's sister, Haliie as the "professional" photographer (who stood on the platform the entire time, so was in every dang pic and video)

Dec 2022 - mama Coverett posts "family friend" Timothy visiting and a video showing a christmas stocking with his name, which matched the family stockings

Feb 13 2023 -- Tim and Heidi courtship announced. Courtship video by Tim and Heidi he states his family met them at a missions conference in PA and came back talking about Heidi, but he wasn't really interested. (maybe someone had to push him to think beyond the idea of courting his sisters....)

Feb 20 2023 - Heidi's sister Hallie ups her tiktok game to include Heidi and "people talking bad about her"  also posts about how she herself has gained  followers because her sister is in a relationship with someone "controversial" and a new Famy is born.

Seems a very short timeline for 2 matches connecting these families, so I will venture everyone involved is agreeable. Tim and Heidi both seem to lean toward being extreme/superior in their beliefs.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 4
  • Useful 8
(edited)
39 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Oct. 2022 - Mama Coverett posts on Jill's fb and seems miffed she did not receive an invite to the kjon wedding shower at the barndo.

What did Mama C write? Did Jill respond? Timcel is a terrible consolation prize for not being invited to a bridal shower.

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 10

The way the Coverett family seem to be pushing themselves on to the Rods with driving to see them, expecting to be invited to the wedding, etc. makes me think they make be even more fame hungry than Jill.   And believe it or not, they seem to think JILL is a celebrity worth getting close to.   

The Rods aren't big in fundie circles ARE they?  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The way the Coverett family seem to be pushing themselves on to the Rods with driving to see them, expecting to be invited to the wedding, etc. makes me think they make be even more fame hungry than Jill.   And believe it or not, they seem to think JILL is a celebrity worth getting close to.   

Not at all. Jill posting on Brother Gary Hawkins' FB is actually hilarious. Gary is a traveling evangelist, and they might have met up at a revival or something. But they're VERY out there in terms of beliefs, even for the KJV crowd.

• Like 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Only in the sense that they're related by marriage to the Kellers who, in turn, are related by marriage to the Duggars. And now that the Duggars' brand has been so badly tarnished, you'd have to be way, way down on the Fundie pecking order to be impressed by that.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 7
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Only in the sense that they're related by marriage to the Kellers who, in turn, are related by marriage to the Duggars. And now that the Duggars' brand has been so badly tarnished, you'd have to be way, way down on the Fundie pecking order to be impressed by that.

They may not claim connections to the Duggars now, but the Duggars dumped them years ago after Jill outed Jinger's wedding.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

What does her hat say? I can’t make out the first word. Something Mimi. 

42 minutes ago, SMama said:

What did Mama C write? Did Jill respond? Timcel is a terrible consolation prize for not being invited to a bridal shower.

Nothing major

Jill posted video of the shower - some comment from mama c about where are they registered?

Jill says "did they not invite you? the registry is mentioned there_". (Like jill didn't control the invite list)

mama c - no invite  but wants to send a gift anyway

shocked Jill - What?! then the old" invite must be lost in the mail" excuse.

I can see where mama c might expect an invite since they had a hand in setting up the match with kjon.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
13 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is it just me, or was anyone else's first impression that a thin stream of bilge was squirting/spewing from his mouth...?

Could almost serve as an analogy for whatever the sermon might have been 

Now I see it. I try not to look at him too closely. 

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is it just me, or was anyone else's first impression that a thin stream of bilge was squirting/spewing from his mouth...?

At first glance it looked like he was spitting a stream of milk out of his mouth. Or maybe something burst on his upper lip and squirted out. I know gross. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

C39001C3-781A-4A7B-B159-ECBBBFE63F0B.jpeg

5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Could almost serve as an analogy for whatever the sermon might have been 

Ha, to me I thought it looked like the mic was poking into his upper lip, making it all wonky!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Jill is wearing what looks like shearling boots, Renee is wearing sneakers, and whoever  (sorry, can’t recall her name) is on the left is wearing flip flops. It’s always about BME. 🤬

Edited by SMama
  • Like 2
  • Sad 11
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The fish are really gonna notice. 😂

I was sitting here wondering why he was trying to blend in...the fish do not care if you're in camo and they're more likely to notice the disturbance from the casting and/or your shadows. Unless he was thinking he'd blend in with the scenery and escape. 

• LOL 11
2 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I was sitting here wondering why he was trying to blend in...the fish do not care if you're in camo and they're more likely to notice the disturbance from the casting and/or your shadows. Unless he was thinking he'd blend in with the scenery and escape. 

Mahmo take a pitcher of me escaping our family! 

• LOL 14
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I bet if any other mom and her kids took this same pic it wouldn't be the mom sitting in the barber's chair.

MAHMO is SEVERELY suffering from her recent ordeal she needs to rest her tootsies. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
51 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the very best part of the Gabriel fishing video when Gabe has a fish on the line, Samuel advises him, in all seriousness "don't pull... jerk off, too quick Gabe"...😂

I saw that on Reddit. I died laughing. Oh Sammers thank you for making me laugh.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
53 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Another one? I thought she did one already. 

I think it was on Facebook/Instagram only. Now it’s on a blog.

I just pictured the Rod family joining Tic Toc and doing synchronized dances for Jesause.  I’d pay $ to see Jill and Dave dancing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I bet if any other mom and her kids took this same pic it wouldn't be the mom sitting in the barber's chair.

How do they know who Andy Griffith is?  Does he appear on the map from time to time?  Jill may know from her younger years but this is wasted on the kids.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

How do they know who Andy Griffith is?  Does he appear on the map from time to time?  Jill may know from her younger years but this is wasted on the kids.

I believe Andy was on the approved Duggar list, so maybe the Rodlets have watched.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

Wasn't it Andy Taylor who lived in Mayberry?  Andy Griffith probably lived somewhere else

Andy Griffith grew up in Mount Airy NC which was the inspiration for Mayberry.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

The first time the Rods visited Mt Airy was 2014. Jill stated they "were big fans of the show" The children were very ill, but she dragged them around sight seeing and posing for pics anyway. Poor girls were so sick Jill had to do their hair and makeup! 🙄☹️

"We were all looking SO forward to that day and then the children AND David all got a stomach bug…………ugh! I had the honor and pleasure of serving the whole family that day. I even had to do the older girls hair and makeup………….they were just SO sick!"

"They were able to salvage enough strength to go into see the sites. They did NOT want to miss out on Mayberry! – FUN!"

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=1346

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 15