Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 2/15/2023 at 7:30 AM, ginger90 said:

F4F40F5E-D8BF-4A79-9F92-EC39FA77A524.jpeg

7814B2C5-BE26-420D-B3B3-2ED5863396DB.jpeg

BOBBLE HEADED WHAT THE HELL, GIRLS?

On 2/15/2023 at 8:04 PM, charmed1 said:

Questions:

Is it me or is the piano music Hello, by Lionel Richie?

Is 1992 goatee the new fundie approved facial hair?

Is there something preventing Nurthan from carrying their own   offspring instead of little Tessie having to lug him up a set of stone steps with a sling on as if she’s his parent?

The flag shirt. Why?

Bonus: skip to 31:40 for a real sexy treat. You’re going to thank me.

Better than 31:40 is 34:30ish (?). For who knows what reason, Jill slows down the footage to show David's cheek jiggling while he shakes some pepper. . . THIS FAMILY IS SO ODD.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

She didn't take a picture of a hospital ID band or herself in a wheelchair by an emergency center exit.

She would have been sent home with the hospital band.  She easily could have taken the picture in the car. She could have cut off the band at home and taken a picture then.   

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 2/20/2023 at 5:05 PM, Notabug said:

it is not just chromosomal issues that lead to miscarriage in older women.

From the start, Jill was more likely than not to miscarry a pregnancy if she was able to conceive.

Isn't her husband's age a factor too?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I read older men are more likely to have kids with Autism or Epilepsy. (or I'm misremembering) 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I read older men are more likely to have kids with Autism or Epilepsy. (or I'm misremembering) 

While men make sperm from puberty onward, yes the quality significantly decreases with age. Having an older father can also lead to health issues with an embryo (or conceiving at all). There’s a reason why sperm donors are young men. 

Jill needs to accept she and David’s baby making days are behind them. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

So Ma and Pa are still at the barndo. I wonder when they go back to their new home in WV. DBD can't afford to keep feeding two people who expect regular meals, although Pa must be putting funds into the household pot. 

Jill probably suggested Pa write a Praise Jill post for her, and Kaylee helped. He  doesn't appear to be a regular social media user.

• Like 11

Kaylee is pregnant and is taking care of ma and Pa and puppy and hubby Jon. And probably has to comfort Jill and be like oh mahmo I’m so sorry you are feeling bad. It’s all about Jill! F everyone else!

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 10

What percentage of this trip has been "missionary" obligations and what percentage has been All About Jill in Florida? The Rods probably report these trips as 100% charity work. 

If they aren't back home yet, they will have to get back in time to decorate for the Ladies' Retreat. That's an important money-raising opportunity and free hotel stay for Jill and David. 

• Like 14
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

If they aren't back home yet, they will have to get back in time to decorate for the Ladies' Retreat. That's an important money-raising opportunity and free hotel stay for Jill and David. 

Despite Jill's severe, overwhelming grief, she will make the sacrifice to painstackingly prepare for the Retreat.  Plexus will help her power through the pain!

• Like 9
  • LOL 11

Is it too late for Jill to change the theme from Sparrows (embarrassing that I remember that) to Reagan? You know there will be plenty of opportunities for Jill to seek praises, prayers etc for her SEVERE miscarriage.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
21 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Is it too late for Jill to change the theme from Sparrows (embarrassing that I remember that) to Reagan? You know there will be plenty of opportunities for Jill to seek praises, prayers etc for her SEVERE miscarriage.

She should have chosen Sparrow instead of Reagan as a name. Then the retreat could easily center on her. 

Praises, Prayers, and Donations. All those Florida hospitals will be sending bills. Jill probably put down Nurthan's address instead of her own, but there will be bills. 

• Like 13
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

Despite Jill's severe, overwhelming grief, she will make the sacrifice to painstackingly prepare for the Retreat.  Plexus will help her power through the pain!

You rock. I'd forgotten about Jill's painstacking efforts in whatever she undertakes. 🤣

Speaking of misspellings, I'm no fan of the Noyes family, but I'll cut Pa Noyes a bit of slack as to his post to JillR. Just a bit, but still. He may not have held jobs that involved a lot of reading and writing so his style wold be awkward for that reason. And autocorrect wasn't his friend: Jill's "northerly love" is kind of savory, IMO.  OTOH he seems fluent in fundie speak; the post is slathered in blessings and praises and compliments.

BTW, I never look down on any honest work. IIRC Jill has said that her dad knows a lot about septic systems; if that was his job, he was doing the Lord's work. I tend to take sanitation as we know it for granted, but I shouldn't. If it weren't for our plumbing, drains, sewers, and septic systems, we'd be prey to many dread diseases that we rarely have to think about these days. 

Okay, end of nice comments about the Rods and Noyeses. Back to our regular programming . . .   🙂

• Like 22
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

This is true.  It is not as well studied, but there are links to various childhood problems in children whose fathers were older when they were conceived.

The risk of miscarriage is 60% higher if the father is over 40 than if he is in his 20's, no matter what the mother's age.

• Like 1
  • Useful 13
On 2/23/2023 at 8:02 AM, Notabug said:

ETA: I notice Jill is 'sleeping' with one of those plastic hairbands keeping her hair out of her face.  Because those would never dig into the side of her head if she laid on it and would never come off while sleeping.  Mahmo wanted to be sure everyone got so see her beautiful face and noted that she was so grief stricken she didn't even wear her spackle.

also wearing renee's creation earrings. who would sleep in those??

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

1AEFF9F5-C9D0-490E-9EF9-D64E55D9F8B5.jpeg

If the Rods got a TV special 

NO! "the legend JILL NOYES RODRIGUES and her husband!" Cannot have a titled focused on anyone but her. Or she will painstackingly cry PERSECUTION!!

• LOL 13
5 hours ago, Notabug said:

This is true.  It is not as well studied, but there are links to various childhood problems in children whose fathers were older when they were conceived.

The risk of miscarriage is 60% higher if the father is over 40 than if he is in his 20's, no matter what the mother's age.

Seems sus... like the majority male researchers didn't think their sperm might also be a factor as they aged. So much easier to blame it all on the  'wimminfolk' 🙄

• Like 14

Does Jill get that there is nothing more form fitting than a wet t-shirt - even one that is not see-thru when wet? Not that it matters for these little girls, except for the fact their mother is confused on what she is telling them is modest.

And when did boy's knees become okay?

• Like 16
29 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm surprised that the girl at the end (not quite sure but I think it is Sophia), didn't drown with such a long skirt on. 

My thoughts exactly.   

And of course, Jilly is "healing" while having the ability to post freaking everywhere on SM.  

Bad thought -- did Jill have a "miscarriage" because it came out that Jessa had one and was getting a ton of sympathy online?     Jilly got jealous/saw a grift opportunity and ran with it?

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm surprised that the girl at the end (not quite sure but I think it is Sophia), didn't drown with such a long skirt on. 

Jill claims that the kids wear their swimming clothes, not their street clothes, to swim in a pool. A tight, ankle-length skirt is a strange choice for a swimsuit, but Jill isn't known for making sense or telling the truth. The kids, especially the girls, swim in whatever they can find that won't send Mama into a fit of midnight preaching. 

Is Heidi really going to participate in this pathetic show of performative nonsense? And for the privilege of being married to Tim, of all people? 

• Like 9
  • Sad 10
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

My thoughts exactly.   

And of course, Jilly is "healing" while having the ability to post freaking everywhere on SM.  

Bad thought -- did Jill have a "miscarriage" because it came out that Jessa had one and was getting a ton of sympathy online?     Jilly got jealous/saw a grift opportunity and ran with it?

Jill posted about her miscarriage before Jessa.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

That's true. However, Jessa had hers first. Maybe Prissy spilled the beans about that via Anna and Jill decided to grift. I'm just being mean. Miscarriages are common. 

• Like 5

I'm waiting to see how this all plays out at the Ladies' Retreat, Jill's first big grifting and attention-getting opportunity since her vacation. Honestly, if she displays her "Tribute to Reagan Rodrigues" with the full-term baby footprints on it, I'll scream. I'm surprised she didn't add a scan of an eight-month fetus since she was going that direction. 

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 3
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm waiting to see how this all plays out at the Ladies' Retreat, Jill's first big grifting and attention-getting opportunity since her vacation. Honestly, if she displays her "Tribute to Reagan Rodrigues" with the full-term baby footprints on it, I'll scream. I'm surprised she didn't add a scan of an eight-month fetus since she was going that direction. 

Lauren Duggar had an honorary cake for "Asa" at her baby shower for Bella.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

That's true. However, Jessa had hers first.

Jessa took some time to contend with everything she experienced before sharing on social media.  Jill, on the other hand, would have livestreamed her experience if she had the technology.   

More juxtaposition:  Jessa and Ben work out a hokey cute pregnancy reveal with their kids reading clues and looking at pictures and guessing what it all means.  Meanwhille Jill poses her baffled, disinterested toddler & infant grandchildren with her fresh pee stick.  

I think all these folks seriously overshare but if you are going to - Jill has a lot to learn about how to avoid looking like a fool.  

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Jill get that there is nothing more form fitting than a wet t-shirt - even one that is not see-thru when wet? Not that it matters for these little girls, except for the fact their mother is confused on what she is telling them is modest.

And when did boy's knees become okay?

There's a reason why they have wet t-shirt contests.  Those poor kids look ridiculous swimming in the get-ups they're in.  

Thanks, Mahmo!  ☹️

• Like 10
  • Applause 4

On the foot massagers baths - Aren't the things are made to both have water in them and be plugged in at the same time? Wouldn't everyone who has ever used one also have been in danger?

Of course they are not made for a child to sit in and play, but i doubt Nemo was in danger of electrocution. That he was most likely playing in water after shrek soaked his gout feet or Mimi was prepping for a pedi,  is a disgusting thought

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

On the foot massagers baths - Aren't the things are made to both have water in them and be plugged in at the same time? Wouldn't everyone who has ever used one also have been in danger?

Of course they are not made for a child to sit in and play, but i doubt Nemo was in danger of electrocution. That he was most likely playing in water after shrek soaked his gout feet or Mimi was prepping for a pedi,  is a disgusting thought

My take: He was in it while it was plugged in to an extension cord. They had a towel on the floor, the cords were on top the towel, right next to it, and it was turned on. He played with the buttons on it. 
Using an appliance correctly is important. Soaking feet while supervised, in comparison to him getting in it, and playing, and then getting out soaking wet, is why I have a problem with it. 

No comment on who soaked their feet prior to that. 😱

978D2335-8CF8-41ED-81F9-4D03666B8F3D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
Added a picture, of poor quality, that may show it better than I described.
  • Like 11
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

He most likely was splashing water on the floor.   Then if he crawled around or touched the cord while wet -- especially if the device was not well maintained, it might have been a concern.   If there were any nicks in the cord or something, it would not be safe.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

It was Nurie and Nathan's feet. Nurie filmed the video and said on it that she and Nathan had been doing each other's feet and then Nehi climbed in. Still gross no matter whos feet it was. Like crawling into someone elses dirty bath water. 🤢

• Like 11
  • Sad 5