Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I have my doubts.

For a habitual oversharer who has no boundaries, it’s very vague. People who have a miscarriage have the right to share or not share whatever they want, but this is Jillpm, so if giving this a side eye sends me to the mythical Bad Place, I’m fine with that. I am not sad there isn’t another child she can neglect and use as a prop for their grift life.

Of course she throws some shade to heathens because us of the world cannot possibility ever feel devistated about a miscarriage if we have living children. Nope only she and her GODLY Christ honoring family get why it’s sad. 

• Like 24

11 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

So now, because she's "settling" for Timmay, she's never going to be able to wear a sleeveless top, or a dress that shows her knees?

How utterly sad that is.  

To me, those photos show a young, fit girl with what looks like some serious muscle definition in her arms.  Not knowing her at all, it looks like she works out and good for her if she does....but sad knowing those arms are soon to be covered up permanently and if she does enjoy being active and athletic, that too will go by the wayside if Tim has his way.

As for the OfTimmay red dress he supposedly purchased, I have questions.  If Mahmo went with him to pick out the dress, she would surely know how to properly size a dress for a relatively thin young woman, as her daughters are all thin.  Why, then, pick out a shapeless dress three sizes too large?  To keep Timmay's sinful thoughts under control?  And why choose such a bold color?  Shouldn't Tim's future wife be either wrapped up in a dainty shade of pale pink, or maybe something circa 1983 with purple, yellow and blue stripes - something more akin to the colorful styles she and her daughters wear?

I'm thinking Tim went into Goodwill with ten dollars in his hand, grabbed the first dress that caught his attention while at the same time being careful to not look to closely at the heathen women's clothing, blushed to the roots of his frosted tips while paying for it and spent the rest of his hard-earned cash at the dollar store.

As for Jill's miscarriage...I would not wish that on anyone.  But I do think Jill collects kids to compete with the big-name fundies more than anything else.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 15

Oh OF COURSE she was pregnant the same time as Kaylee.  Because none of her kids can can do anything that doesn't involve her too.

I'm calling BS.   She's having menopause but can't admit the baby factory is shut -- because then her daughters will get attention when they have babies, not her.   So she concocted this miscarriage story.   For attention.

As for the hashtag, if we are counting miscarriages, she is STILL behind the Duggars.   Meechelle had at least 2, one that caused that to fall into Gothardism hard and the one after Josie.   So sorry Jilly, still a loser.

• Like 9
  • Applause 8
16 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I think Phillip has a lot of school expenses he probably didn't plan for. Most every week in the chapel service announcements part, there is whatever planned activity is $12 or $8 or whatever. Some are mandatory. It seems Jill mentioned Phillip was in a singing group at bible college. That group had a performance today, It included a meal at the host church, but some of them are stop for food on the way type things that need money.

but the belt thing  - all the boys have been shown wearing various belts the proper size. Samuel and Gabriel couldn't have possible dragged them all to florida with the traveling circus in the RV.

I think that belt is DBD’s.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, AstridM said:

Heidi was so normal. She’s giving that all up for Timcel. 🥲

02AB3D2D-9120-4F90-A224-D971009E4683.jpeg

Heidi may have worn pants, but if you take a look at some Christmas morning pics, you might not call her normal, at least not in a good sense.

That's not to say I wish Tim on her, but ...

• Like 7
  • LOL 10

She makes me sick!! I would love to go one-to-one with her and call her out on all her BS declarations about how godly she is! We all know the ONLY reason she went to church was to gather sympathy and money or whatever free stuff she could get!

If she did indeed help Tim pick out that red dress she is sending a strong message to Heidi about who is really in control. Then again she can't even give her own daughters clothes that fit properly.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Heidi may have worn pants, but if you take a look at some Christmas morning pics, you might not call her normal, at least not in a good sense.

That's not to say I wish Tim on her, but ...

Oh, I know exactly what you’re saying. 🤦‍♀️😢

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
13 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

For a second I thought it was David Rodrigues who does not know how many kids he has haha

I'm pretty sure that David Rodrigues has difficulty remembering the number of kids he has.  It just depends on the day.  He knows he has 12 when they are all on the RV together, but when they are at home, all bets are off.  

He also does not remember each child's name.  There's got to be a lot of "the other one," "no, I meant your other sister," etc. going on in the Rod's home.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

For the remainder of Kaylees pregnancy Mahmo will be mentioning how she too was pregnant. And our babies would be the same age and then Jill is gonna ugly cry for sympathy make all her kids cater/pamper their precious SEVERELY suffering Mahmo.

Kaylees pregnancy will be all about Jill!

If she legit miscarried I’m sorry but I doubt it.

• Like 20
  • Sad 6
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

As for the hashtag, if we are counting miscarriages, she is STILL behind the Duggars.   Meechelle had at least 2, one that caused that to fall into Gothardism hard and the one after Josie.   So sorry Jilly, still a loser.

Behind the Bates, too... I think KJ had something like four losses.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I think JillRod had more miscarriages than Kelly or Michelle (even if you don't count this one). 

JillRod and Michelle are actually tied when combining children and losses (19 apiece). Michelle had two losses that we know of, but two of Michelle's pregnancies were twins.

Kelly beats both of them (19 singletons plus four losses if that is accurate).

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
49 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

For the remainder of Kaylees pregnancy Mahmo will be mentioning how she too was pregnant. And our babies would be the same age and then Jill is gonna ugly cry for sympathy make all her kids cater/pamper their precious SEVERELY suffering Mahmo.

Kaylees pregnancy will be all about Jill!

If she legit miscarried I’m sorry but I doubt it.

That's "andKaylee," so of course Mama Jill would try to steal attention from her. 

Even as the little Hill-let grows up, Jill will remark out loud how she wishes she could see her own child reaching the same milestones. Poor Kaylee has now been robbed of the full joy of her pregnancy and new child. 

Even if Jill really has had a very early miscarriage, most parents in this situation would try to avoid throwing it in their pregnant daughter's face. But we know that Jill SEVERELY lacks empathy. 

I wish Jonathan and Kaylee could get some distance from her toxic parents and make a new circle of friends with people who care. I don't see it happening, unfortunately. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 18
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm thinking Tim went into Goodwill with ten dollars in his hand, grabbed the first dress that caught his attention while at the same time being careful to not look to closely at the heathen women's clothing, blushed to the roots of his frosted tips while paying for it and spent the rest of his hard-earned cash at the dollar store.

My local Goodwill had all the red clothing items pulled onto a rack right in front of the store before Valentine's Day. He wouldn't have had to look long if his store did the same.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7

I have no idea if she was pregnant or just late.  I am surprised that this post doesn't contain the usual detail and dramatics that she usually goes with.  I feel bad for Kayleigh because I am sure she will bring it up constantly.  Hope this doesn't put poor Priscilla on the naughty list.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
Just now, Meow Mix said:

Hope this doesn't put poor Priscilla on the naughty list.

I doubt Jill would risk that. Priscilla and David greatly outrank Jill and the Rods in their social hierarchy. Jill was able to cut the Duggars off because of the public scandal about Josh and no interest from the Duggars in marrying a Rodrigues anyway, but I can't see her snubbing the Wallers. The families are connected through Nathan and Precious Nurie, and Jill is status conscious. 

18 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I have no idea if she was pregnant or just late.  I am surprised that this post doesn't contain the usual detail and dramatics that she usually goes with. 

Hang on. She's not done yet. 

• Like 16

I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on anyone, but Kaylee is the one I feel sorry for right now. Jill is going to make the pregnancy all about her and when KayJon's baby is born it will be all about Jill's miscarried baby. Jill why don't you love and take care of the children you already have. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 12
  • Sad 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

That's "andKaylee," so of course Mama Jill would try to steal attention from her. 

Even as the little Hill-let grows up, Jill will remark out loud how she wishes she could see her own child reaching the same milestones. Poor Kaylee has now been robbed of the full joy of her pregnancy and new child. 

Even if Jill really has had a very early miscarriage, most parents in this situation would try to avoid throwing it in their pregnant daughter's face. But we know that Jill SEVERELY lacks empathy. 

I wish Jonathan and Kaylee could get some distance from her toxic parents and make a new circle of friends with people who care. I don't see it happening, unfortunately. 

I can totally see Jill bawling and squalling every time she sees Kaylee’s pregnant belly/baby.  I’m not saying that I’m glad that she had a miscarriage, but I am thankful that she doesn’t have another life to ruin, especially considering that she could have a child born with problems because of her advanced age.

• Like 16
52 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So, she peed on a stick in F!orida, used Nemo to announce, then had a miscarriage like two days later? And it was "complicated?" Sure, Jan.

Followed by publicly posting letters from Renee and Phillip.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Putting this in spoiler, some may not want to read this.

Reveal spoiler

My heart is breaking. 💔

Let me explain...

In life, we all experience many joyous moments.  We gladly share those moments with others, and perhaps we are viewed as having the "perfect life."  Although no one has a perfect life, we should always be grateful for and focus on the many blessings God gives us.  

However,  it is in the tender, broken, grief stricken moments of life that I find myself learning the deepest truth to surrender.  Surrender to an ALL knowing and perfect God!  When life seems unfair, we can try to make sense of it or simply trust.  We can choose one of two responses. BITTERNESS or BLESSED.  Blessed in knowing that we can trust a sovereign God.  Trust a God that NEVER makes a mistake.  

It is a beautiful and special moment when through a season of trials in life, we experience a unique blend of a bleeding heart all while finding peace as we yield that same, broken heart to the will of God.  ❤  As many of you, I find those moments most tender between the Saviour and I.  💙  He is truly a Man of Sorrows, acquainted with my grief.  

Recently, David and I found out we were expecting baby #14.  We were all THRILLED!  😊  Kaylee was so excited to be pregnant together with me.  We ALL began to hope, dream, plan and rejoice together.  But, those dreams came crashing down when (while in Florida) David rushed me to the ER with many pregnancy complications.  We were losing our sweet baby and we all felt numb.  💔 Then the tears came.  😢 

But oh, what sweet communion that was with my Lord.  He collected each of my tears and put them in a bottle.  (Psalms 56:8 "Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?")  He saw me rise, shower and go to church and sing in the middle of my pain.  He saw me kneel to praise His Name. He saw me serve my family, when all I felt like doing was curling up in bed.  He saw our family press forward.  When no one else could see my heart aching with sorrow in a church service, HE saw!  When I felt that the whole world might not understand my sorrow of losing my 6th baby to miscarriage (due to the fact I already had 13 living children), I knew God understood.  Each child God has allowed us to conceive, is a direct gift from Him, even if He chose to take it to Heaven early.  

You see, nothing goes unnoticed by God!  He rewards faithfulness in the midst of our pain.  He cares about each detail and He longs for us to run into His arms of grace and comfort.  

My son in law (Jonathan) kindly reminded me that this baby was in the center of God's hands and that there was no safer place to be.  What a comfort!

Please rejoice with us over this life given to us for oh, SO short a time!  😊❤🩷🩵 -Jill (for us all)

Ephesians 1:12 KJV
[12] That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Galatians 6:14 KJV
[14] But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

#baby19

6B4BA6D6-085F-47BD-9925-36150C49828E.jpeg

I realize everyone grieves in their own way but to have someone take a picture of her being heartbroken in a pose like this just doesn't feel authentic.

• Like 20
  • Applause 3

In her first post about the miscarriage, Jill only said that andKaylee was so excited to be pregnant together with HER.  I thought that was interesting that she only mentioned that andKaylee was excited, but she never said how she felt about it.  We all know that she wanted to be pregnant at the same time as Nurie because she openly told everyone she was praying for that.  

And those letters from her kids.  Goodness.  Why make those public. 

• Like 17
11 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

In her first post about the miscarriage, Jill only said that andKaylee was so excited to be pregnant together with HER.  I thought that was interesting that she only mentioned that andKaylee was excited, but she never said how she felt about it.  We all know that she wanted to be pregnant at the same time as Nurie because she openly told everyone she was praying for that.  

And those letters "from her kids".  Goodness.  Why make those public. 

FIFY

How else would everyone know what a HERO Jill was? Also like how "Phillip" noted the baby would be in heaven, not because God loves the child, but because JILL loves life and was SO patient with pain (I don't know what that means).

I think I sprained my eyes

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 5
25 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill and Dave still do lotion time. Please send 20 gallons of brain bleach.

I could have gone the rest of my life without realizing this. Ew, ew, ew! 🤮

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill and Dave still do lotion time. Please send 20 gallons of brain bleach.

I have always thought that was a given, the weekly private fellowship.  Jill has proudly written about kicking the kids out of the RV many times, and there's always money in the banana stand for Jill and David spending a couple of nights away from the kids.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

Poor Kaylee. To have her first pregnancy, her time to be in the spotlight, to be over shadowed by her narcissistic, drama queen mother.

And was Phillip's letter demanded as punishment for not dropping everything to join his family on their trip?

Jill posts everything! It's her way of keeping the attention on herself all of the time.

Edited by beckie
  • Like 5
  • Sad 10

Being that I’m currently 26 weeks pregnant with my little girl, i do feel an ounce of pain for her as I would never wish a miscarriage on anyone. However I feel like she’s going to exploit this for a long time and maybe even use this to grift some more and bc of that I cannot feel bad for her. 

• Like 21
  • Hugs 1
35 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Being that I’m currently 26 weeks pregnant with my little girl, i do feel an ounce of pain for her as I would never wish a miscarriage on anyone. However I feel like she’s going to exploit this for a long time and maybe even use this to grift some more and bc of that I cannot feel bad for her. 

Congrats on the pending arrival of the little one. 

I don’t think anyone here would wish any harm on Jill (she’s a human being), but Jill is so attention seeking and manipulative, it’s like “the woman who cried wolf”. Someone can experience an unfortunate thing (such as a miscarriage) and be dishonorable/manipulative in how they use that tragedy for what they believe to be social, personal or financial gain. 

• Like 17
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

At her age isn't it likely that something was wrong genetically speaking? Isn't it for the best? 

I'm a bad person also.

The risk of the most common chromosomal anomalies that could result in a live birth in pregnancy in a 45 year old is around 1 in 35.  At age 35, when the risk starts to rise, it is about 1 in 200.  So a woman Jill's age has about 6 times the risk of the most common chromosomal problems as someone 10 year younger who is already considered at risk for them.

Separate from this, but absolutely relevant in Jill's case is the chance of miscarriage.  At age 40, about 50% of diagnosed pregnancies will miscarry.  By age 45 (Jill is 44), the risk is 75%.  So, it is not just chromosomal issues that lead to miscarriage in older women.

From the start, Jill was more likely than not to miscarry a pregnancy if she was able to conceive.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 5
  • Useful 16
26 minutes ago, Notabug said:

The risk of the most common chromosomal anomalies that could result in a live birth in pregnancy in a 45 year old is around 1 in 35.  At age 35, when the risk starts to rise, it is about 1 in 200.  So a woman Jill's age has about 6 times the risk of the most common chromosomal problems as someone 10 year younger who is already considered at risk for them.

Separate from this, but absolutely relevant in Jill's case is the chance of miscarriage.  At age 40, about 50% of diagnosed pregnancies will miscarry.  By age 45 (Jill is 44), the risk is 75%.  So, it is not just chromosomal issues that lead to miscarriage in older women.

From the start, Jill was more likely than not to miscarry a pregnancy if she was able to conceive.

Just curious. I read elsewhere that Perimenopause can cause high hcg levels, resulting in a false positive. Is this true (and a likely explanation)? 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Just curious. I read elsewhere that Perimenopause can cause Hugh hcg levels, resulting in a false positive. Is this true (and a likely explanation)? 

Not that I know of.  The assays for HCG, in both blood and urine, are pretty specific to that hormone.  There are some ovarian cancers that produce HCG, but they're pretty rare.

• Useful 6