Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

This family is always on vacation! Like do they even stay at home for 2 weeks a year?

If they stayed home, Jill would have no excuses not to feed and educate her children. Relaxing, eating out with someone else paying, and shopping for home decor is much more fun than cooking meals and teaching kids to read and write. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 10
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The first time the Rods visited Mt Airy was 2014. Jill stated they "were big fans of the show" The children were very ill, but she dragged them around sight seeing and posing for pics anyway. Poor girls were so sick Jill had to do their hair and makeup! 🙄☹️

"We were all looking SO forward to that day and then the children AND David all got a stomach bug…………ugh! I had the honor and pleasure of serving the whole family that day. I even had to do the older girls hair and makeup………….they were just SO sick!"

"They were able to salvage enough strength to go into see the sites. They did NOT want to miss out on Mayberry! – FUN!"

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=1346

I guess it never occurred to Jill to think about how taking her sick children around to see the sights might make someone else sick. Also, is make-up so important that you have to put it on when between bouts of puking? (and after car accidents!)

• Like 11
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 7
5 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I guess it never occurred to Jill to think about how taking her sick children around to see the sights might make someone else sick. Also, is make-up so important that you have to put it on when between bouts of puking? (and after car accidents!)

What a selfish, inconsiderate bitch!  Those poor kids should have been in bed, not dragged around while sick and contagious.

It makes me wonder how many people that bunch gave covid to.

😡

• Like 14
  • Applause 5
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

What a selfish, inconsiderate bitch!  Those poor kids should have been in bed, not dragged around while sick and contagious.

It makes me wonder how many people that bunch gave covid to.

😡

It was 2014, the time they're talking about, so they probably gave nobody COVID. But they probably spread what they had.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Obviously there must have been no way for Jill to go if they didn't go, so Jill made them go. I'm sure she was tired of "serving them" as well.

No one is going to stop Jill from doing what she wants. Not sick kids, not a severely injured knee, not an ailing mother and not a severe miscarriage.

• Like 7
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 6
18 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

For being all modest they shouldn’t even wear makeup. Jill looks like a clown and she is ruining her kids eyebrows and skin too.

Its like their god given "countenance" isn't enough without human enhancements.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And what about the hussies who ate dinner at Andy's house without a chaperone?

I believe one of them was Opie’s teacher too. Another example of the sinful danger awaiting your children in public schools. If only Andy had homeschooled him. Floyd probably gives blue hair cuts now.

• LOL 21
4 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I believe one of them was Opie’s teacher too. Another example of the sinful danger awaiting your children in public schools. If only Andy had homeschooled him. Floyd probably gives blue hair cuts now.

I'm afraid it's actually worse than Floyd giving blue haircuts.  I heard that Floyd allows just anyone to hop up into his barber chair.  He will give a woman a man's haircut.

• Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 17
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm afraid it's actually worse than Floyd giving blue haircuts.  I heard that Floyd allows just anyone to hop up into his barber chair.  He will give a woman a man's haircut.

Please bring my fainting couch out of storage after all of the bad talk about Andy and all of the floozies I need it.

• LOL 16
2 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Please bring my fainting couch out of storage after all of the bad talk about Andy and all of the floozies I need it.

Would you like a hummingbird juice/plexus cocktail too?

And comfy leggings?

• LOL 13

I believe that while the Duggars watched Andy Griffith, they didn't watch every episode because some were not approved.  I have always wondered which episodes they censored and why.  Was it the episodes where Andy kissed his girlfriend?  Or were there others that didn't meet with their approval?  Their rules were just so odd.

As for Jill, I am sure that COVID has gone through the family and they have spread it around because nothing gets in the way of Jill grifting free stuff.  She has mentioned several times that the kids had colds, so it is possible they were spreading disease around.  When they went to Mt. Airey the first time, it looked like they went in the late afternoon or evening so that Jill wouldn't have to pay to get into anything.  

• Like 9
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m shocked Jill isn’t getting plastic surgery so she can look really hot for her husband and Instagram!

Will plastic surgery make her look better, or worse than the clown make up?

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
21 hours ago, BetyBee said:

IMO, a narcissist should never have children, especially a Level 10 narcissist like Jill, but damn if she didn’t manage to have 13 of them and is trying to have more!  There is no justice/fairness in this world.  None.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

it looked like they went in the late afternoon or evening so that Jill wouldn't have to pay to get into anything.  

Her usual MO.   Look through the windows, take a picture on the outside (climb on something you shouldn't).   Then claim you "visited" it.   

To me it ain't a visit until I have overspent at the gift shop.   Fortunately I have an understanding husband.

• Like 10
  • LOL 8
4 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Her usual MO.   Look through the windows, take a picture on the outside (climb on something you shouldn't).   Then claim you "visited" it.   

To me it ain't a visit until I have overspent at the gift shop.   Fortunately I have an understanding husband.

That's what she did at the Laura Ingalls Wilder house. Took pictures of them looking in the windows because they couldn't afford to go inside. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

For the Rods gift shop items are only for mama - in the Mayberry pics Jill has a nice, new Pensecola Beach blouse hoodie, while all the boys are wearing pants several size too big.

Jill's pics from the next grift church show her in her brand spanking new Mt Airy Mayberry tee.  🙄

Edited by crazy8s
  • Sad 17
56 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

For the Rod's gift shop items are only for mama - in the Mayberry pics Jill has a nice, new Pensecola Beach blouse hoodie, while all the boys are wearing pants several size too big.

Jill's pics from the next grift church show her in her brand spanking new Mt Airy Mayberry tee.  🙄

Mahmo and Dave don’t skimp on themselves and presents for themselves. Awful parents for sure.

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

Speaking of what awful parents the Rods are, I was thinking about what they demonstrate as caring for their aging parents. Their kids have learned that nothing re their parents health is too personal to publish and that it's ok to push off their care to other siblings. Enjoy your old age, Jill & Dave!

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, BetyBee said:

Speaking of what awful parents the Rods are, I was thinking about what they demonstrate as caring for their aging parents. Their kids have learned that nothing re their parents health is too personal to publish and that it's ok to push off their care to other siblings. Enjoy your old age, Jill & Dave!

Jill may well be widowed in 20 years. I can't imagine what life would be like for the daughter who ends up with her. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill may well be widowed in 20 years. I can't imagine what life would be like for the daughter who ends up with her. 

She would probably want to live with Nurie, who will probably have 10 kids by then and might not want to also care for her extremely needy mother. 

• Like 9
16 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

She would probably want to live with Nurie, who will probably have 10 kids by then and might not want to also care for her extremely needy mother. 

10? More than that. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Oh Mahmo is definitely moving in with Nurie lol. 

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Poor Nurie.

I dunno. The way Nurie is acting since becoming a mother is reminiscent of dear Mahmo. I think they will deserve each other 20 years and 10+ more kids down the road.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 13
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I dunno. The way Nurie is acting since becoming a mother is reminiscent of dear Mahmo. I think they will deserve each other 20 years and 10 more kids down the road.

Not to mention that Nurie and Nathan might not be bright enough to realize they're being used. Or too passive to resist Jill's demands. 

• Like 10

Sounds like the Rods got fed by Community Baptist! That is their favorite blessing. 

Edited by BetyBee
Rods were treated to McDonald's. Dave must have been in Rod-heaven!
  • Like 11
  • LOL 7
20 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Sounds like the Rods got fed at Community Baptist! That is their favorite blessing. 

I think that dining shot was taken at McDonald's. I hope the kids didn't have to all share one order of fries.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I think that dining shot was taken at McDonald's. I hope the kids didn't have to all share one order of fries.

I recognized the coffee cups. McDonald's? What a treat 🙄. Those poor kids  eat more junk, pizza and fast food...... they need a good, strong and healthy meal. 

• Like 12

I'm sure the kids had to sing for those fries, so they probably coordinated their clothes. Although there's an odd mix of summer and winter stuff, they're dressed better than they usually are, except for Jill, anyway. Since she always wears heavy black stockings, why did she buy those chunky off-white shoes? Would a comfortable pair of black shoes be too difficult to find? The wide jacket with the heavy sweater underneath doesn't do her any favors either; she looks like a pro wrestler. For a women who loves to shop as much as Jill does, this is a fail. Stacy and Clinton, here's a challenge. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I dunno. The way Nurie is acting since becoming a mother is reminiscent of dear Mahmo. I think they will deserve each other 20 years and 10+ more kids down the road.

Definitely.   They will dump whatever kids are left on the oldest girl and take off for a "girls day out" of just the two of them.   All the DAMN time.  Paid for by Nathan or whatever son/son-in-law they can extort.

• Sad 9
9 hours ago, Heathen said:

Not to mention that Nurie and Nathan might not be bright enough to realize they're being used. Or too passive to resist Jill's demands. 

I vote for all of above.

53 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jill should stick with the black/white/gray color scheme.  She pulled that off better than usual.  It isn't perfect, but much better than some of her efforts.

If only she would stay away from pairing dark stockings with white shoes.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Jill should stick with the black/white/gray color scheme.  She pulled that off better than usual.  It isn't perfect, but much better than some of her efforts.

All the clothes seem to fit. Jill actually looks the worst out of the bunch this time.

They need to lose the leggings.

• Like 15

For a lazy grifter Jill is looking SMUG. She does look awful, the shoes got to go. 

They must have been pissed they didn’t get free chik fil a or Olive Garden. Only McDonald’s! 

Kids probably got 3 fries/1 chicken nugget each! 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 9