Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

from the pose I thought maybe they were at mini golf........

No no no no noooo!!! You will not leave me with a mental image of jimblob dry humping meeeechelle when im nearly going to bed😱😡

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

The girl next to Nuri has an alright dress on... until you look at the bottom of it. The dress is a perfectly respectable length; it doesn't need a long black extra layer underneath. Guess it makes the girls look thicker if they wear several layers. That'll help hide their malnurishment, right? 

And I think Nurie is pregnant already. The family often pose awkwardly, but Nathan's hands on her belly look deliberate. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

And I think Nurie is pregnant already. The family often pose awkwardly, but Nathan's hands on her belly look deliberate. 

Agreed. She is attempting to push her stomach out so much she's practically sway back.

• Love 15

And there is a space left between Nurie and Kaylee?/Renee?  that is not the same as the other side where the three boys are. I think that is to draw our attention to her and the hand on her tummy and the way she is sticking it out. 

• Love 3
On 10/5/2020 at 1:16 PM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I love that in a post about a hike that's supposedly for Hannah's birthday, the only girl featured in a photo (I'm not watching any of the videos) is a NotNurie. Happy birthday, Hannah! 

I'm glad to see Jill troweled on the requisite half-pound of sparkly eye shadow for the hike. It's important to look as cheap as possible while in the woods.

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

Agreed. She is attempting to push her stomach out so much she's practically sway back.

She's either pregnant or trying to wish it into reality by shoving her nonexistent belly out.

Nathan looks like a total doofus with his tie hanging four inches above his belt. Somewhere, Clinton Kelly cringes. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Maybe now that she has access to more and better food, she's gained a little weight?  She might be one of those people who put on abdominal weight before it shows any place else.  That's where my initial weight gain always shows up first.

If she is pregnant, I hope she gets to remain the only pregnant one in the family!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

Nurie has the mask under her chin & I’m  sure Nathan won’t be wearing his long. Don’t most airports require masks? I wonder if Jill was wearing one? Haha -j/k

Yes, the airport requires masks, but it looks like they're in the parking garage.  Being a Rodrigues, Nurie wouldn't keep it on one second longer than required.

1 minute ago, MonicaM said:

Maybe now that she has access to more and better food, she's gained a little weight?  She might be one of those people who put on abdominal weight before it shows any place else.  That's where my initial weight gain always shows up first.

If she is pregnant, I hope she gets to remain the only pregnant one in the family!  

To clarify, Nurie doesn't look like she gained weight in her belly, and certainly doesn't look pregnant. She is arching her lower back and pushing her belly forward in a pose with her hands and her husband's hands on her abdomen, which makes it look like she is pregnant because of the body language and pose.

If she weren't standing like that, I'd never suspect a pregnancy. If she is pregnant, it would still be the first trimester and, since this would be her first baby, no way would she actually be showing yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

Why do all these pictures look like they were taken decades ago? The fuzziness and the weird colors...Literally don't know how you do this with a modern phone camera.

And always pointed downward, as if the photos are taken from on high. Nathan has the same bow legged, lower back arch, belly out stance that David and many fundy men seem to adopt. It makes him look old. 

• Love 3

I'm confused - if she's not pregnant, why are she and Nathan standing in the classic Fundie "gotta hold up mah belly even though I am only 3 days pregnant" pose?  And if she is pregnant, there is no way that JillR isn't blaring that information all over her social media - unless she's waiting to see what happens with her next pee stick so she can screech the "double pregnancy" announcement she so desperately wants.

It seems odd to to tease Nurie being pregnant by this picture but not knowing for sure, since baby-making is always the headline.  But it's also certainly possible that her little belly pooch is the result of eating proper portions for the first time in her life and Jill made them stand that way to fuel speculation.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm confused - if she's not pregnant, why are she and Nathan standing in the classic Fundie "gotta hold up mah belly even though I am only 3 days pregnant" pose?  And if she is pregnant, there is no way that JillR isn't blaring that information all over her social media - unless she's waiting to see what happens with her next pee stick so she can screech the "double pregnancy" announcement she so desperately wants.

It seems odd to to tease Nurie being pregnant by this picture but not knowing for sure, since baby-making is always the headline.  But it's also certainly possible that her little belly pooch is the result of eating proper portions for the first time in her life and Jill made them stand that way to fuel speculation.

The entire picture is odd. Why are Nurie and Nathan separated from the rest of the gang? I doubt its to allow for cropping, when in this day and age taking multiple pictures is not a problem. Does JillR not want anyone thinking Nathan is her child? Is she afraid that followers will think a brother is hugging a sister? 

I also wonder about a possible pregnancy. Maybe Headship Nathan wants to wait to announce? Or maybe Nurie isn't pregnant?

I hope Sydney Dingus is not trying to start a photography business.

• Love 11

I think there might be a slight illusion going on or Nurthan was trying to stand back to highlight the cross.  There’s a pretty big space between the one set of siblings and David/Jill/Janessa, but they seem more at an angle.  I’m not sure if the pose is a pregnant pose or “Look out we can touch!” pose.  I cannot imagine that Jill wouldn’t shout it from the rooftops unless there was an ulterior motive - double pregnancy or pushing Nurthan for their own social media account. They’re in grifting mode so I can’t imagine Jill wouldn’t play up any opportunity to get more $$$.  A new grand baby helps the grifting game.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, crazy8s said:

what the heck is wrong with his pants and what is he holding in his hand??

Looks like a raggedy piece of kleenex.  In his hand, not his pants.

I think it could be that Nathan and Nurie are pregnant but Jill is dragging out the suspense.  Surely N/N will be taking the World's Best Mama and her mate out for a very special dinner at a fancy restaurant (the GOOD Olive Garden) to tell them that Jill is going to be the World's Best GrandMama and shower her with flowers and candy and teddy bears as befitting her role as the greatest grandmother ever.  Jill is just waiting to put together the photo essay where she describes her joy and excitement at the news, complete with 27 selfies starring Jill and her various offspring, in-laws and husband shoved off to the side.  Then, we will get video of their triumphant return to the barndo where all of the kids rush past Nurie and Nathan to hug and kiss their mother on her amazing accomplishment.  And start making plans for the Pamper Grandmama shower to come.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

42 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think it could be that Nathan and Nurie are pregnant but Jill is dragging out the suspense.  Surely N/N will be taking the World's Best Mama and her mate out for a very special dinner at a fancy restaurant (the GOOD Olive Garden) to tell them that Jill is going to be the World's Best GrandMama and shower her with flowers and candy and teddy bears as befitting her role as the greatest grandmother ever.  Jill is just waiting to put together the photo essay where she describes her joy and excitement at the news, complete with 27 selfies starring Jill and her various offspring, in-laws and husband shoved off to the side.  Then, we will get video of their triumphant return to the barndo where all of the kids rush past Nurie and Nathan to hug and kiss their mother on her amazing accomplishment.  And start making plans for the Pamper Grandmama shower to come.

Jill posted some pictures over on Instagram of Jill, Nurie and 2 other daughters having a lunch date.  I'm guessing on the choice of restaurant that this is where Nurie is telling Mommy Dearest the good news and also picking up the check.  

https://www.innathoneyrun.com/dining/menu/

I highly doubt Jill can afford to treat 3 of her daughters to $17 turkey sandwiches and $18 slices of quiche plus dessert.

2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill posted some pictures over on Instagram of Jill, Nurie and 2 other daughters having a lunch date.  I'm guessing on the choice of restaurant that this is where Nurie is telling Mommy Dearest the good news and also picking up the check.  

https://www.innathoneyrun.com/dining/menu/

I highly doubt Jill can afford to treat 3 of her daughters to $17 turkey sandwiches and $18 slices of quiche plus dessert.

Whoa!!! That's a really nice place, definitely a special occasion kind of restaurant.  And, besides the turkey sandwich, a 6 buck cup of coffee and a 10 buck dessert would bring the total to well over $30 apiece.  I make a nice living, what with the license to practice medicine and all, and I wouldn't be hosting lunch there without a darned good occasion to celebrate.

• Love 21

Oh my. JillR's IG story is filled with so much bullshit. Some stuff that can't be mentioned here. Her before and after skincare pics are laughable. She may or may not have sung at a wedding, my hand instinctively clicked the minute the caterwauling started. Her video of the restaurant ends with Nurie doing the obligatory smile/giggle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Don't forget the condescending lecturing about the evils of abortion in that photo essay!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Don't forget the condescending lecturing about the evils of abortion in that photo essay!

And how Nathan and Nurie are the most special and pure among us since they waited till the wedding to kiss and a few hours later to have sex.

• Love 9

The shaky walking through the door, into the gift shop, into a sitting area, into the restaurant, up to the daughters at the table!! video lingers over Nurie's belly just a little too long to be accidental. Jillybean is such a sly tease. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

So it looks like Jill and at least one of the other two girls ordered quiche and salad and Nurie ordered a huge sandwich sandwich and fries...GO NURIE! (I can't tell what the fourth meal it - it may be a sandwich and fries too...if so, maybe Nurie has led the revolution of eating whatever the hell you want!)

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

So it looks like Jill and at least one of the other two girls ordered quiche and salad and Nurie ordered a huge sandwich sandwich and fries...GO NURIE! (I can't tell what the fourth meal it - it may be a sandwich and fries too...if so, maybe Nurie has led the revolution of eating whatever the hell you want!)

For sure than Nathan paid for it! If Jill did, they would have split a meal. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

I wonder if any Rods can pronounce "quiche." It reminds me of an old cartoon of George W. Bush in which he's at a restaurant and orders a "quickie." 

• LOL 21

Re the video, I can't stand the simpering way the girls have to respond when the best Mama in the world turns her camera on them. And that ridiculous walk through the empty restaurant - JillR is such an annoying person!

• Love 20
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm surprised "big girl" Tessie wasn't included. She could have saved money by ordering off the kids' menu. 

With Nurie around, "Best Mama" has forgotten all about Tessie--she's no doubt been send back to the nursery to watch her little charges.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

That lunch doesn't look cheap. I bet Nurie (Nathan) paid. He probably gave her some money and said to take Jill and company out for lunch. 

I linked the menu in a previous post.  The quiche is $18 and the sandwiches start at $16.  Desserts are $10-$12.  With tax and tip, someone dropped $80-100 on lunch for 4. I dont know the last time I spent that much on a sandwich outside of being in an airport or amusement park.

I get the occasional splurge, but Jill just had that last week.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I linked the menu in a previous post.  The quiche is $18 and the sandwiches start at $16.  Desserts are $10-$12.  With tax and tip, someone dropped $80-100 on lunch for 4. I dont know the last time I spent that much on a sandwich outside of being in an airport or amusement park.

If I wanted to go somewhere nice for lunch, I would definitely go to a restaurant that would give me more bang for my buck.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

We might spend 12-16 dollars for a sandwich with fries on a dinner but we also work for our money! And we don't have all those hungry kids! 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

We might spend 12-16 dollars for a sandwich with fries on a dinner but we also work for our money! And we don't have all those hungry kids! 

Actually, I remember a sandwich and chips for $16.99 but it was a lobster roll! 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I imagine the girls split meals. I don't think they could eat an entire sandwich, plus fries, themselves. 

There were two sandwiches and two quiches on the table and four of them. Unless they took food home to Shrek? 

• Love 3

I wouldn't put it past them to order food for pics and then swipe most of it to take home for Shrek. 

That being said, I was kind of surprised they ordered a quiche. I like a quiche as much of the next person, but it wouldn't have been something I would have guessed them eating. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I wouldn't put it past them to order food for pics and then swipe most of it to take home for Shrek. 

That being said, I was kind of surprised they ordered a quiche. I like a quiche as much of the next person, but it wouldn't have been something I would have guessed them eating. 

They probably had to ask to find out what it is. I can't imagine they've been served quiche at any of their mission church's pot lucks.

• Love 6
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

They probably had to ask to find out what it is. I can't imagine they've been served quiche at any of their mission church's pot lucks.

True. Also can't imagine Jill making that at home. I mean, not that anyone but Shrek would eat it but still. 

• Love 1