Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I have worn make up since I was 12 or 13. I even hike in make up though I go a bit lighter. I do black liner, mascara, eye shadow ...... but I'm not even close to how much make up these women put on their faces! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I have worn make up since I was 12 or 13. I even hike in make up though I go a bit lighter. I do black liner, mascara, eye shadow ...... but I'm not even close to how much make up these women put on their faces! 

I wear a full face of makeup on an almost daily basis.  Like 4-5 skincare products, undereye corrector, foundation, undereye concealer, powder, blush, anywhere from 1-5 eyeshadows with liner and multiple types of mascara.  I never photograph like this because I use the right colors for my complexion.  It's not the amount of makeup, nor the price of the products they are using, but the Rod women just don't know how to use the right products.  I'm fair with light eyes, I never line both my upper and lower lashes with black eyeliner.  The look is too harsh.  I can use black on top, but use a lighter color on the bottom.

• Love 10
On 3/30/2019 at 2:00 PM, PradaKitty said:

No farmer in his right mind would want to marry into that family.

No PERSON in their right mind would want to marry into that family.

• LOL 7
  • Love 15

Jill has a new Instagram post up.  Apparently, the kids have all had a stomach bug and have been throwing up.  Since she's worked so hard taking care of them (yes, I typed that without laughing) she needed presents.  David bought her roses, candy, a balloon, and a card and took her out for a date night dinner.   She says she's tired although I imagine the sister moms did most of the work.  At any rate, she's clean and looks rested in the photo.  Wonder what the sick kiddos ate for dinner? 

Jill is taking narcissism to new lows.

Edited by NotFundie
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

No PERSON in their right mind would want to marry into that family.

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She is probably thinking she is going to end up with a Duggar son. Scary thought!

Actually, I find the idea of JillR landing one of the [grown up] Howlers as a son-in-law to be immensely amusing. The comic footage potential alone should delight the TLC programmers. JillR would figure out how to move the whole clan to Arkansas, would constantly shove herself front and center in front of the camera crew, and no doubt break into song at every possible opportunity. When she's not running her mouth about how fabulous her kids are and how her kids fast and save their money to buy her flowers and jewelry and stuff. Or giving Michelle makeup tips. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

Jill has a new Instagram post up.  Apparently, the kids have all had a stomach bug and have been throwing up.  Since she's worked so hard taking care of them (yes, I typed that without laughing) she needed presents.  David bought her roses, candy, a balloon, and a card and took her out for a date night dinner.   She says she's tired although I imagine the sister moms did most of the work.  At any rate, she's clean and looks rested in the photo.  Wonder what the sick kiddos ate for dinner? 

Jill is taking narcissism to new lows.

Oh stop it!!! Seriously?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

the one standing next to Lawson!!!! which one is that ???? he makes Lawson look homely...they are all good looking boys though!!

They certainly do put the Duggar boys to shame, don't they?  They all have hair! And dress nicely. And they look clean.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • LOL 6
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think that's Trace? He's been growing into his looks of late...

No, Trace is the one on the left end. Lawson is all the way on the right. The other boys I think are minors and I don't who is who 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, McManda said:

Balloons and a card? Screw that. If I was tired from taking care of twelve sick kids the best thing my husband could do would take over sick duty so I could sleep and hopefully not get sick myself, not spend money we didn't have on things I definitely don't need.

I seriously doubt that Jill was tired in any way.  Nurie and Kaylee can pretty much care for themselves.  When they got over their bout, I’m sure they were on 24/7 sister mom duty.  

In RE: the gifts...maybe be Shrek was planning on trying for # 14 that night?  Maybe Jill is more “joyfully available” after balloons, candy and dinner at the “good” Olive Garden?  

🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I think it's Trace, Warden, Jackson, and Lawson.

I predict Warden will grow up to be a real looker.  Ma and Pa Bates sure did grow some good-looking kids!

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, heckkitty said:

I predict that The One Next to Lawson will be out-blue steeling Lawson sometime soon. He looks good, but like he’s been practicing that face in the mirror for years 

Well he is a teenager, maybe he'll grow out of it...  

I wonder when any of the Bates boys will start courting dating.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Anyone else notice Lawson's badge on his belt? Why wear the badge to church?😂😂😂

Poseur. 

23 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Well he is a teenager, maybe he'll grow out of it...  

I wonder when any of the Bates boys will start courting dating.

Lawson didn't! 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not only is he wearing it to church for no reason, he made SURE to open his jacket so that it showed. What a tool.

Just as idiotic as the one idiot episode where JB went on a ride along with JD. I am still surprised that JD was allowed to do it. Where I live an officer would have been fired for letting a ride along act like JB was doing.

Edited by bigskygirl
23 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

They certainly do put the Duggar boys to shame, don't they?  They all have hair! And dress nicely. And they look clean.

Now this is what a fundy boy band should look like.  Not the mess of Duggar boys.  None of the Duggar children are particularly bad looking.  They just always look grimy and their clothes look dirty.  

Gil and Kelly are both nice enough looking.  It's amazing how nice looking all of their children are.  Their combined genetics really worked on all 19? 20? 21? kids.  I can't remember how many any of these families have.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ocean Chick said:

Lawson’s jacket sleeves are waaay too long. 

Probably because he wanted the broad shoulders. Larger jacket, broader shoulders. Honestly Lawson puts Jeremy to shame in the vanity department.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, beagletime said:

Now this is what a fundy boy band should look like.  Not the mess of Duggar boys.  None of the Duggar children are particularly bad looking.  They just always look grimy and their clothes look dirty.  

Gil and Kelly are both nice enough looking.  It's amazing how nice looking all of their children are.  Their combined genetics really worked on all 19? 20? 21? kids.  I can't remember how many any of these families have.

I think Jeremiah is quite good looking; however, I can't imagine him wearing the same type of attire as the Bates boys above.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not only is he wearing it to church for no reason, he made SURE to open his jacket so that it showed. What a tool.

Yeah, and even toolier than might be with those ridiculous sleeves hanging over his hands.

In the sleeves of that jacket he looks like a seven-year-old wearing dad's jacket -- so he ends up looking like a seven-year-old wearing a toy sheriff's badge....while being a 20-something who thinks he's a way cool adult lawman. I enjoy the fact that he has no idea stupid he actually looks. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, beagletime said:

I agree. The Duggar kids don't have bad features or anything, but they always look so unwashed. Greasy hair, greasy skin, faded clothes. If you consider Jinger's glow-up over the past year, that's what her siblings could look like if they made a decent effort. 

• Love 11