Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is Anna older than Priscilla?  It seems a bit curious to me, that if Priscilla had a difficult time being born and thus O2 deprived?  that Anna would opt to have her babies at home.

Yes I think quite a bit confuses us about Anna.  Pris is 2 years old than Anna - via @Sew Sumi.  Pris is kid #4/8 and Anna #5/8.  3 of the 8 have left their upbringing and Gothardshite - 2 are divorced with only 1 or 2 kids and another daughter had a child out of wedlock and is now dating someone else.  With this family split it was always confusing to me why when the Josh scandals hit the air that Anna didn't seek help/comfort/solace with some of her siblings.  TFDW is the 5/10 kid in his family.  They have heavily drank the kool-aid it seems and TFDW is short for "The FABULOUS David Waller"  I think you are required to channel your inner Carson from the original Queer Eye for the Straight Guy when you say the word FABULOUS!  Don't forget to add Jazz hands.

• Love 12
(edited)
52 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I know nothing about Priscilla's husband.  In a nutshell, anyone care to fill me in?  

Like I posted earlier, I admire her faith.  She does seem like a sweet person.  Is Anna older than Priscilla?  It seems a bit curious to me, that if Priscilla had a difficult time being born and thus O2 deprived?  that Anna would opt to have her babies at home.

David Waller, as noted above, is deeply steeped in fundie life from early childhood.  His family follows Gothard, the fundamentalist hypocrite that the Duggars follow.  David is deeply involved in the Institute of Basic Life Principles, which is Gothard's organization although Gothard was tossed out a few years ago after he was found to have molested multiple young women.  David is an administrator with the Advanced Training Institute which is the arm of IBLP that deals with homeschooling.  When we talk about the Wisdom Booklets the Duggars use to homeschool (AKA indoctrinate) their kids, we're talking about ATI materials.

As also noted above, David is just a bit effeminate in his mannerisms and there is speculation that he, perhaps, is not as thoroughly heterosexual as he might like us to believe.  It also might explain why he married Priscilla as she is not the sharpest tool in the shed and not likely to suspect anything or ask questions should he perhaps not be quite as straight as an arrow.

ETA: as my father would say, "Maybe he should bat from the other side of the plate."

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, queenanne said:
6 hours ago, queenanne said:

I am usually on the cusp of saying ‘Priscilla strikes me as someone who had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck’, so it would not surprise me.  e

The real sin and crime, is how eryone pushed and pressed poor credulous Prissy into marrying TFDW, because she was probably the only fundie girl who wasn’t perceptive enough to stand there saying ‘Gee, I dunno, Dad, doesn’t that guy seem a little... ‘fabulous’ to you?’  And then to compound the problem, Pris writes blog entries about how much she and David think alike (!!).  

As he has a white collar job which seems to rely upon being able to, well, read and write, I find this assertion doubtful. I mean, we’ve read his blogs.  He strings words together pretty well.  I feel pretty sure that based upon that, the reason Priscilla thinks she understands David impeccably, is probably because she has very little sophisticated discernment of what he is sayng to her.

In some ways that could be ideal, though. Especially if David is truly "Fabulous" but willing to do his best to overcome it (whether that is wise or even feasible is another topic) and Pris has a naturally low sex drive but just wants enough to make babies...and if they do have a natural connection on some level, they could have a very happy marriage overall...Not perfect, maybe but what marriage is?

• Love 5

Both Anna and her former SIL did say that Prissy and David are a lot alike, so there's that, at least. David was under pressure to get married--his mother called him a coward for wanting to wait to propose, and if David is gay, then he needed to prove to himself that he could be a "godly" man. Having a sweet and dim wife probably seemed liked the perfect solution. And then he married her and quickly realized that she wasn't just keeping sweet until the vows were said...Priscilla really was that slow and he was stuck with her. 

• Love 6
On 7/24/2018 at 6:12 PM, Libby96 said:

I can't really snark much, because it is heartbreaking that her friend lost a baby at 38 weeks.  However, when she said the "put the quarter in, get a healthy baby in 9 months" metaphor, how many of us were trying so hard NOT to think about David depositing the "quarter?"

It's also a very mechanical thing , I doubt Prissy ever had good sex

4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I know nothing about Priscilla's husband.  In a nutshell, anyone care to fill me in?  

Like I posted earlier, I admire her faith.  She does seem like a sweet person.  Is Anna older than Priscilla?  It seems a bit curious to me, that if Priscilla had a difficult time being born and thus O2 deprived?  that Anna would opt to have her babies at home.

Here is David's story from their blog . Basically the story of a 3 year old baby sinner .

Absolutely mandatory is their wedding on Youtube . Nothing beats David conducting at his own ceremony 

On occasion he  also likes to glean pecans.

• Love 6

Didn’t Priscilla’s dad also make David promise to be accountable to Priscilla for his internet use before he would give the couple his blessing? Something was definitely going on there.

I agree that Priscilla isn’t doing that badly. She doesn’t seem like the type to have high expectations in the sex department and David provides everything she wants — a comfortable home, children, and a stable life. I’ve known a lot of girls like Priscilla who aren’t particularly blessed in the deep thinking or logical reasoning departments and many of them end up with guys who either abuse them or get them pregnant and take off. At least Priscilla will be taken care of and there’s no reason to think David mistreats her as far as I know. 

• Love 15

I mentioned this before, but Joshua Bontrager's newest blog post (on his own blog) is eye-opening. He and his wife had their first child (a man child) and now he wrote a post about why he and his wife had kids as soon as they did. A lot of his posts seem to be consistent with his parents/father's ideas and they show the Bontragers as they really are. The Bontragers are very open about being "Quiverfull".  The Duggars went to this kid's wedding. 

• Love 1

OMG!  I watched the wedding!  Only because I'm still recovering from toe surgery and have to elevate my foot.

Can someone please explain to me why JB Duggar and Michelle were on the alter, even closer to the couple than the parents???

I thought Prissy had fallen asleep during that endless prayer.  Then it seemed she was crying.

My what a baritone voice Pecan has!

Was that Gothard himself at that wedding or do fundie men just look like Gothard?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, louannems said:

OMG!  I watched the wedding!  Only because I'm still recovering from toe surgery and have to elevate my foot.

Can someone please explain to me why JB Duggar and Michelle were on the alter, even closer to the couple than the parents???

I thought Prissy had fallen asleep during that endless prayer.  Then it seemed she was crying.

My what a baritone voice Pecan has!

Was that Gothard himself at that wedding or do fundie men just look like Gothard?

I think TLC filmed this wedding for the show and JB and Michelle obviously had to be featured prominently . As far as I remember it  Gothard attended the wedding but wasn't  in the TLC version .

• Love 1
22 hours ago, louannems said:

It's as rediculous as Jill's song about how Poor Amy The Quadrupledic can no longer use her arms, or her legs!

I must have missed that one. I want to say "You've GOT to be kidding", but sadly I know you're not.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, lianau said:

I think TLC filmed this wedding for the show and JB and Michelle obviously had to be featured prominently . As far as I remember it  Gothard attended the wedding but wasn't  in the TLC version .

If you can find it, there's a non-TLC version of the wedding online that shows Gothard giving a long-winded speech during the ceremony, and Susanna Keller is seen rolling her eyes in the background and seemingly talking shit about him to one of the groomsmen. It's pretty funny.

• Love 14
(edited)

There are new pics up on the Rodrigues Ministries public blog page.    If you look through them, it's obvious that Jill picks the ones most flattering of herself.  They've also updated their family video to include Janessa.  In that video is one of the worst pictures of Nurie that I've ever seen.  Mean old Jill included it to keep Nurie humble, probably.

Anyway, since the new group photo is public, I'm just going include it here.  Alas, I've followed the Rodriguii for long enough to know the kids' names.  Olivia used to always be angry in photos.  Now she's smiley and the chief sulker is Sadie -- my new favorite.  

(And why on earth has no one in this family learned to sew?  They're home most of the time and they certainly don't have money to buy a lot of new things or pay for alterations.  David looks as if he tried folding his pants up and now there's just a weird blob beside his right foot.)

Editing to add names:

Timothy, Phillip, Samuel ...  David, Janessa, and Jill.... Nurie, Kaylee, Renee, Tessie

Gabriel                                                  Hannah, Sofia, Sadie, Olivia

Rodriguii.png

Edited by NotFundie
  • Love 4

That face on the girl in the front row is cracking me up. Is that Sadie? Maybe she sustains herself by eating souls. I truly believe David and Jill are evil at heart. They both give me strong Mrs. Carmody/ Margaret White vibes. I still don't think they use their bodies for anything, they are all just heads. Creepy people.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

That face on the girl in the front row is cracking me up. Is that Sadie? Maybe she sustains herself by eating souls. I truly believe David and Jill are evil at heart. They both give me strong Mrs. Carmody/ Margaret White vibes. I still don't think they use their bodies for anything, they are all just heads. Creepy people.

Yes, that's Sadie.  She's really a cute little girl and I hope she keeps that anger.

I follow this family because I worry so much about their children.  They're undereducated, underfed, and overworked.  They don't seem to have many toys and they spend part of every year crammed into that stink bus being made to sing for their supper.  I loathe Jill and David.

• Love 16

I noticed there was a pic that included Olivia with her angry face.  It was the second one when I clicked through the group shots.  Yea Olivia!!  Don't loose that spunk, girl!!

I think Samuel and Tessie are going to be the lookers in that family.  They are both very attractive kids. 

Just putting parts of the post here.  

Sad, yet Happy Days for the Rodrigues Family! July 2018

Posted on July 26, 2018 by Rodrigues Family

Well, it is SAD because with heavy hearts we emptied our house of ALL of Timothy’s stuff.  We gazed at his EMPTY bed, his EMPTY space where his dresser sat, all the airplanes hanging around his room – GONE, his desk – GONE.  It all seems so final, so empty, so lonely, as we jam pack our car, his car, and our RV with his stuff and begin our trek West to drop him off to college.  YET, they are HAPPY because they are days that hold possibilities, dreams, and watching Timothy literally SOAR for Jesus!

Timothy (who is not typically sentimental) walked around the house, just gazing, looking, taking it all in.  He then came to me and said, “Mama, it’s sad because I don’t know how LONG it will be before I can come home again and see the house.”  It was then I caught a tear forming in each eye.  I rushed to him in a warm embrace and we both cried. “Oh, Bud, it seems I JUST gave birth to you in New York City.  I remember Daddy (who was not allowed to stay overnight in that NYC hospital) telling YOU (my little man) to watch over me.  Now, you really ARE a man – all grown and flying the nest!”  More tears.  More hugs.

Please pray for our son Timothy.  He is determined.  He is one of the HARDEST workers I have ever met.  He is passionate for Jesus.  He has a LOT on his plate for the next 5 years of his missionary aviation college program and we pray for him to run this race well.  It will NOT be easy as he strives to work and pay his way through college – trying to avoid student loans and debt.  We are honored by him and we will deeply miss him!!

The below posts are things that we did leading up to our trip West.  They are days we TRULY cherished as our LAST with our house being “complete” with all of our children surrounding us.  This is WHY we have them….to send them out once they are grown to “hit their mark” in serving Jesus in the capacity He calls them to.  However, to say goodbye is never easy.  sniff, sniff

Enjoy the below posts and pics.     With Love,  Dave and Jill Rodrigues  (and 13 children)

WOW, it sure has been an extra busy week for me here on the homefront…yet, I have enjoyed spending extra time with my littles.  

Today is a VERY special day!  ALL of my oldest 5 children are coming home from camp! It has been WEEKS that we have all been together for an extended period of time due to Timothy (since the beginning of June) and then the other oldest 4 this week being all gone at Christian Camp.  I am thrilled they got to go and learn about and serve Jesus! However, I look forward to these last few weeks being ALL together as a family before we drop Timothy off out West for Missionary Aviation College.  

I have to say though, this week with the oldest 5 being gone, it gave me LOTS of quality time to spend special time with my smaller children. 

So sad. I have cut Timothy’s hair his entire life. This could possibly be the last haircut I give him. 

215ACF16-E5DB-4B71-A885-54D6C63DABA2.jpeg

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, lianau said:

Here is David's story from their blog . Basically the story of a 3 year old baby sinner .

Absolutely mandatory is their wedding on Youtube . Nothing beats David conducting at his own ceremony 

He certainly does seem fabulous. Seriously though, he does seem fond of her no matter what and she appears happy with him. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Yes I think quite a bit confuses us about Anna.  Pris is 2 years old than Anna - via @Sew Sumi.  Pris is kid #4/8 and Anna #5/8.  3 of the 8 have left their upbringing and Gothardshite - 2 are divorced with only 1 or 2 kids and another daughter had a child out of wedlock and is now dating someone else.  With this family split it was always confusing to me why when the Josh scandals hit the air that Anna didn't seek help/comfort/solace with some of her siblings.  TFDW is the 5/10 kid in his family.  They have heavily drank the kool-aid it seems and TFDW is short for "The FABULOUS David Waller"  I think you are required to channel your inner Carson from the original Queer Eye for the Straight Guy when you say the word FABULOUS!  Don't forget to add Jazz hands.

You said Jazz.  <cue Beavis/Butthead laugh>

16 hours ago, lianau said:

Those little girls had BARE ARMS!  Someone clearly wasn't making sure that the outfits were modest.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, lianau said:

I think this picture makes them both look deranged. I’m also wondering why he’s in a tux and she’s wearing a white t-shirt that has been left in the dryer for 72 hours.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, NotFundie said:

There are new pics up on the Rodrigues Ministries public blog page.    If you look through them, it's obvious that Jill picks the ones most flattering of herself.  They've also updated their family video to include Janessa.  In that video is one of the worst pictures of Nurie that I've ever seen.  Mean old Jill included it to keep Nurie humble, probably.

Anyway, since the new group photo is public, I'm just going include it here.  Alas, I've followed the Rodriguii for long enough to know the kids' names.  Olivia used to always be angry in photos.  Now she's smiley and the chief sulker is Sadie -- my new favorite.  

(And why on earth has no one in this family learned to sew?  They're home most of the time and they certainly don't have money to buy a lot of new things or pay for alterations.  David looks as if he tried folding his pants up and now there's just a weird blob beside his right foot.)

Editing to add names:

Timothy, Phillip, Samuel ...  David, Janessa, and Jill.... Nurie, Kaylee, Renee, Tessie

Gabriel                                                  Hannah, Sofia, Sadie, Olivia

Rodriguii.png

Whoever critiqued Jessa Seewald's hair for being overlong and heavy -- Jessa is a frigging paragon of modern style and fine grooming compared to Nurie and the other Rodriguii girls. JFC. 

Not for the first time, I wonder if Jill Rodrigues's goal is to make herself look better by making her daughters look ugly. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Why are the girls dressed like Charlie Brown?

They remind me of lemon drops. 

Timothy missing the house but not his family? SMILE he ain't ever coming back to that krazy, Jill. Hopefully, he finds a loving family who will take him in and give him things he has never had like love and lots and lots of food. NO more sharing or starving yourself once you are away Tim. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

They remind me of lemon drops. 

Timothy missing the house but not his family? SMILE he ain't ever coming back to that krazy, Jill. Hopefully, he finds a loving family who will take him in and give him things he has never had like love and lots and lots of food. NO more sharing or starving yourself once you are away Tim. 

Nurie is definitely dressed like Charlie Brown.  I bet Tim gains the freshman 15 times two. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, NotFundie said:

Editing to add names:

Rodriguii.png

The boys are ugly as sin. Piss yellow hair boy looks evil.  

Pattern shirt girl is pretty. Eldest girl is Counselor Troi. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Timmy brought his airplanes to college with him?

Timmy may be bringing his airplanes to college with him, but poor Phillip, while volunteering at camp, was probably beaten up every day for the "lovely" (sarcasm font) blanket Stormy Jill sent with him.

36989004_2080574538847555_79851770790270

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

The boys are ugly as sin. Piss yellow hair boy looks evil.  

Pattern shirt girl is pretty. Eldest girl is Counselor Troi. 

Conselor Troi without the allure, I’m afraid. Poor Nurie. She deserves better. All those kids do. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Janessa is doing so well. Could Jill have lied or stretched the truth about her health issues?

Actually, I take this as an instance where she may be telling the truth. I think the diagnosis scared her, as well it should have, but from what Doodlebug and others (Jill's doctor among them) have said, it's one of those things that's really difficult to ascertain ahead of time what the consequences may be - anything from basically the brain rewiring itself to compensate to severe difficulties. So far it seems that she has lucked out. And I'm very happy that the long-term effects so far seem negligible, but I do hate that she will doubtless use it toward further proselytizing....

• Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Actually, I take this as an instance where she may be telling the truth. I think the diagnosis scared her, as well it should have, but from what Doodlebug and others (Jill's doctor among them) have said, it's one of those things that's really difficult to ascertain ahead of time what the consequences may be - anything from basically the brain rewiring itself to compensate to severe difficulties. So far it seems that she has lucked out. And I'm very happy that the long-term effects so far seem negligible, but I do hate that she will doubtless use it toward further proselytizing....

Janessa is also an infant. We have no idea what her congnitative functioning will be like as she ages. Jill is foul but I believe she was telling the truth. No one will know exactly what issues Janessa may or may not have for several years. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I must have missed that one. I want to say "You've GOT to be kidding", but sadly I know you're not.

Sadly, it's true!  On a video of the family singing it,  the children (instructed by Jill) "twitched" their arms in the uncontrollable movements of a quad.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Poor dear! I'd be horrified if my mom gave me that if I was a teenage boy.

Things I wonder about, how the hell do they have money for camp? 

I like how she had to specify multiple times that it was “Christian Camp.” You know, unlike the den of iniquity that is Secular Camp, where boys and girls get to sit next to each other at bonfires and see each other in bathing suits.

Isn’t Nurie 19 or 20? Isn’t that kind of old for Camp? 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, louannems said:

Sadly, it's true!  On a video of the family singing it,  the children (instructed by Jill) "twitched" their arms in the uncontrollable movements of a quad.

I'm sorry, but what the fuck?

• Love 20
(edited)

I like how she had to specify multiple times that it was “Christian Camp.” 

It it was even typo-ed as “Christina Camp” at one point...which would be a lot more interesting.

Edited by SuspiciousMind
Can’t edit or quote for Jack Shit on my phone!
  • Love 6