Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Lunera said:

She got her $200 comforter from Macy's, clothing, and tons of diapers. 

If I was a part of her social circle and felt compelled to gift her, I'd provide diapers as well.  If the baby lives they will need diapers.  Forget that other crap!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

What is that muslin monstrosity with all the hooks on it?  It looks like an artist canvas that was “crafted”.  Fugly as hell.

Does the stink bus have wall space for that large craft? 

What's with the microphones? Is this an important event?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

What is that muslin monstrosity with all the hooks on it?  It looks like an artist canvas that was “crafted”.  Fugly as hell.

Whoa, I thought that was the back of a painting until your comment made me look again!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I feel like it's a corkboard melded with a scarf/jewelry hanger.  I know that doesn't make much sense, but I've seen both those types of things independent of each other with such names, so.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I feel like it's a corkboard melded with a scarf/jewelry hanger.  I know that doesn't make much sense, but I've seen both those types of things independent of each other with such names, so.

That’s what I thought at first, but the inside looks like the back of the canvas.

Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

That’s what I thought at first, but the inside looks like the back of the canvas.

Maybe it's burlap?  I feel like I've seen burlap covering a corkboard.  Again, I'm not sure why, but I'm also not sure why you'd want your theoretical scarves/jewelry hanging over your note-sticking area either...?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Maybe it's burlap?  I feel like I've seen burlap covering a corkboard.  Again, I'm not sure why, but I'm also not sure why you'd want your theoretical scarves/jewelry hanging over your note-sticking area either...?

Perhaps. Maybe it’s multifunctional, but we’re all too heathen to figure it out. I would venture to guess it might be decor for their Prayer Closet.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Remeber the episode of Sex and the City where Carrie has an "I am marrying myself" shower invite sent her her freind, and she is registered at Manolo Blanik? 

Or in Friends, where they throw Phoebe a babyshower and gift her all things she can use after she gives birth to her brother's triplets, like leather pants. 

She hates it.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

If I was in her social circle I’d take her kids to an all you can eat buffet. 

I can safely say I'd never be in her social circle, dead or alive.  I wonder if that travesty of a "shower" was held at their local church?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I'm probably hallucinating but I have a weird memory of some kind of jewelry hanger she already had hanging in the bus. Maybe it's run out of spaces..... And she wanted a new one with a corkboard attached so she could pepper that with notes reminding her starved brood of the chores they have to do for pampered mama or something. .... Or the food they have to give up because fathead father wants it.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I don't know who I have more contempt for: Jill for being a selfish hog or the fools who spent their money on "pampering" her. If you have extra money to give to someone in need, there are homeless shelters, food pantries, battered women's shelters and a million other places where your donation would do some actual good. 

Bbbbbbbbutttttttt....those were Love Offerings...

You couldn't be more right in this...like even groceries so the feral and emaciated Rodriguii children could have a good meal. 

Dammit, Auntie Arwen would cook them up a good bit of pasta sauce with beef, salad with good greens and tomatoes, spaghetti, garlic bread, chocolate cake, and strawberries and cream and let them have all they want. I don’t really want to do anything for Jill and Chimpy, but it’s bad manners to do otherwise. Besides, they might just think we’re  too Anglican, too liberal, too secular to break bread with us heathens who aren’t Jesusy enough for them.  Remember the Beatitudes, JRod—“Feed the hungry”.

• Love 8

Most of the donations I saw were diapers and baby themed items. yes someone gave her that pegboard key/purse rack. She got a vest and two of the bedding items she registered for.

As for the people who donated things, it's hard to say why they donated. Some may have felt sorry for her. Some may have wanted to go somewhere and an excuse to buy baby things. Some may just have had things lying around the house and wanted to get rid of them. For example somebody may been gifted the white vest, decided they never wear it, and gave it to Jill. 

Edited by Temperance
9 hours ago, MamaMax said:

What the FUCK IS THAT? A "Pamper mama" shower?? I am speechless. 

Remeber the episode of Sex and the City where Carrie has an "I am marrying myself" shower invite sent her her freind, and she is registered at Manolo Blanik? 

Oh yes, I so base my existence on this episode of SATC alone.

I won’t be surprised if Priscilla Waller will end up with bun #4 in the oven soon enough.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Marigold said:

That makes sense.  He probably has the Flip Phone of Shame. 

He is a Gothard male so they have "urges" that non Gothard males don't have. 

He has to spend so much on Erin's hair and makeup, he probably can't afford a smartphone. :p 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Maybe it’s multifunctional, but we’re all too heathen to figure it out. I would venture to guess it might be decor for their Prayer Closet.

I have the feeling that when David sees that ugly piece of homemade crap lovely handcrafted item, he will *insist* Jill let him hang it in his little print shop where no one will ever see it.

That will be the story Jill tells the person who gave it to her, anyway. 

I love the look on her face in the picture where she's holding it. You can tell she is struggling to not say "omg this is too ugly even for my trash and tchotchke filled home" out loud.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I have the feeling that when David sees that ugly piece of homemade crap lovely handcrafted item, he will *insist* Jill let him hang it in his little print shop where no one will ever see it.

That will be the story Jill tells the person who gave it to her, anyway. 

I love the look on her face in the picture where she's holding it. You can tell she is struggling to not say "omg this is too ugly even for my trash and tchotchke filled home" out loud.

I dunno, having seen a lot of pics of their home, I'd say that handcrafted piece would fit right in.  Chances are, Jill just loves it and will display it prominently.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Did anyone see her thank you to Nurie on her Facebook? I can’t copy it to post here.

This is the post I saw:

David Jill Noyes Rodrigues added 29 new photos — with Kevin Foster.

January 8 at 11:42pm ·

Many of you know that Nurie put on a "Pamper Mama and Baby Shower" for baby #13 last Friday night. It was a night I felt SO unworthy of! It was LOVELY and Nurie did SUCH a great job planning it. The food she made, decorations, devotional, games, planning, etc. BLEW ME AWAY! I couldn't have done it any better myself.....and I wouldn't easily say that. LOL. It made me cry. She invested SO much time, money and effort! She is a gem through and through and I think she would make a GREAT Pastor's wife! Love ya, Nurie, from the depths of my heart!! You blessed my heart and I thank you, darling daughter (and your sweet siblings that helped!) Forever With Love, Mama (Jill)????????

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

This is the post I saw:

Many of you know that Nurie put on a "Pamper Mama and Baby Shower" for baby #13 last Friday night. It was a night I felt SO unworthy of! It was LOVELY and Nurie did SUCH a great job planning it. The food she made, decorations, devotional, games, planning, etc. BLEW ME AWAY! I couldn't have done it any better myself.....and I wouldn't easily say that. LOL. It made me cry. She invested SO much time, money and effort! She is a gem through and through and I think she would make a GREAT Pastor's wife! Love ya, Nurie, from the depths of my heart!! You blessed my heart and I thank you, darling daughter (and your sweet siblings that helped!) Forever With Love, Mama (Jill)????????

Still plugging to find a buyer for Nurie, I see...

On another matter, while skimming through the post, my mind didn't register one of the commas in the list of wonderful things Nurie had done, and I ended up puzzling for some time over just what a devotional game would entail. And even after I realized my mistake I kept wondering whether they do, in fact, have such things and picturing them in my mind...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

This is the post I saw:

That's the one, thank you.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jill is so 80s gaudy.

The bleach blonde hair, nails, tacky clothes and bad make up.  

I am trying to figure out how her hair is that bleached while she is pregnant.  Either she has really slow growing hair, or she has been bleaching and dying it all along.  I always heard that you could not use powerful dyes like that while pregnant.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jill is so 80s gaudy.

The bleach blonde hair, nails, tacky clothes and bad make up.  

The 80s were far too cool a decade to blame Jill’s lack of taste and nasty makeup. 

Jill was home schooled and not allowed to participate in the 80s or 90s or whatever decade she was a teenager. I think she was married at 17 or 19.  Not dissing homeschool, as I’ve seen some kids get an excellent homeschooling education.  Jill grew up Fundie; she wasn’t a convert to it later in life like Boob and Mullet. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, JayInChicago said:

So I recently was thinking about aging and stuff and realized JillRod and I are just months apart in age. 

... I don’t know where I’m going with this. Except it freaks me out. 

How old is she?

She must be younger than me. I feel positive about myself! hahaha

• Love 1
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Are these the only pics posted? I see diapers and a pink blanket among other stuff. Did she treat the other gifts as offshoots?

They were not for her so who gives a shit about those gifts .

Edited by lianau
  • Love 8
On 1/7/2018 at 3:55 PM, bigskygirl said:

I have to ask...when would vibrators be used for a medical issue. I could imagine going into a place with a doctor order for a vibrator. Darn it! I guess I should just move into the Prayer Closet.

Oddly enough, that happened to me. I had interstitial cystitis, which is a chronic condition resulting from damage to the chemical lining of the bladder. .When you have pain originating in that area it can trigger a lot of spasms. I was given massage therapy and my doctor told me to get a vibrator; he actually wrote down the specific one I should get. I’m pretty sure I still have it. :-) 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

This is the post I saw:

29 new photos?? PLEASE PLEASE I WANT TO SEE THEM

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

“It was a night I felt SO unworthy of!”

?

I'd put this in the "even a stopped clock is right twice a day" category. 

She's the definition of "unworthy," if you ask me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

OMG, @Genevrier, I thought at first you were talking about your night with the vibrator. Hahahhaha!

Yes, I am already in the prayer closet of shame.

Great! We can hang out. I’ll be in there with my vibrator right after dinner. ?

• Love 8