Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Based on the hair and makeup, I might guess that Jill's training her girls to pick up work as hookers, circa 1966. 

But the clothes are wrong for that. (unless you're hooking in, say, Mr. Gothard's neighborhood.)

I'm betting they begged the trip money from some sympathetic suckered old lady in a church somewhere, or the like. 

There really is one born every minute.  How shitty to beg for other people's money, when they probably don't have it to give, and have to do without something.

• Love 1

I *think* government assistance such as WIC or food stamps have to be used in the county they are issued. Are they home enough for that to work? I sure hope, for the childrens' sake, they do have some government assistance, as they would have some guaranteed access to food. 

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I *think* government assistance such as WIC or food stamps have to be used in the county they are issued. Are they home enough for that to work? I sure hope, for the childrens' sake, they do have some government assistance, as they would have some guaranteed access to food. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they were on some form of assistance but Chimpy and Jill end up hoarding 80% of the food.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Genevrier said:

“Africa” is pretty non-specific, as a destination. Do you think they know there are over fifty countries there?

No.  For Jill R., Africa is not a continent, just a large country.  And she's perpetually shocked when she sees someplace in Africa with indoor plumbing, unless she's convinced herself that any such buildings were built or lived in by properly Christian white missionaries.

For what it's worth, I don't believe Nurie ever told Jill that she was pleasantly surprised that the majority of the women there dressed modestly, and not slutty.  I'm pretty sure Jill wanted to say that but knew that it would create a backlash, so she put it off on Nurie.

(There was a woman I worked with many years ago who did the same thing.  If she wanted to say something that was not appropriate to say, she'd just say that someone else said it and she was merely reporting what someone else said, although she was careful to put it this way:  "I can't believe that this woman in the break room said such and such about you know who.") 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

WIC has to be used in the state it is issued, but food stamps are good throughout the country. 

However, most extremely fundy families will do not believe in using them. One, because they're supposed to be financially independent, but mainly because you have to give a lot of personal information to the government to receive them. WIC requirements tend to be less stringent, depending on where you live, but one requirement is that your children have to be vaccinated and have yearly well-child checkups. For SNAP benefits, you have to list everyone in your household, show proof of income from your employer or receipts/tax forms from home businesses, disclose your banking information for all accounts, plus you're only allowed a certain monetary amount of assets, such as your car, RV, savings accounts, insurance. Oh, and you cannot own your own house. Apparently, if you can afford a house payment, you can afford to buy your own food. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Nysha said:

WIC has to be used in the state it is issued, but food stamps are good throughout the country. 

However, most extremely fundy families will do not believe in using them. One, because they're supposed to be financially independent, but mainly because you have to give a lot of personal information to the government to receive them. WIC requirements tend to be less stringent, depending on where you live, but one requirement is that your children have to be vaccinated and have yearly well-child checkups. For SNAP benefits, you have to list everyone in your household, show proof of income from your employer or receipts/tax forms from home businesses, disclose your banking information for all accounts, plus you're only allowed a certain monetary amount of assets, such as your car, RV, savings accounts, insurance. Oh, and you cannot own your own house. Apparently, if you can afford a house payment, you can afford to buy your own food. 

Plus the fact if they considered you abled bodied some states required you sign up for job search, job training in order to get a better paying job to get off SNAP benefits unless you are over a certain age, have a disability or have applied for social security disability.

Nurie and Mr. R are in Botswana, which a country in Africa. Still a lot of Americans do talk about Africa as if it's one country. (Not sure if that's just an American thing or if the problem is a global perception of Africa.)

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Nurie and Mr. R are in Botswana, which a country in Africa. Still a lot of Americans do talk about Africa as if it's one country. (Not sure if that's just an American thing or if the problem is a global perception of Africa.)

Some of those holding high office in the US have gaffed by referring to Africa as a country.  My mother once declared that she didn’t want to go to Africa and she wanted to go to Kenya.  Go figure. The Pissing Preacher has been banned from entering Botswana, so I guess it was time to bring some Rodriguii.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Speaking of the PP, who also isn't allowed in the UK, Zoo had another baby recently. Another boy. Number 9 or 10... I have lost count.

I think it makes 10.  Zsu seems built for childbirth. She’d be the Fundy version of a hippy quite easily.  At least her home is spotless and kids are clean and well fed, and though I find her views repellent, she at least has done some critical thinking to articulately explain why she thinks the way she does. More than I can say for mindless, parroting Duggars. 

She knows she’s smarter than her idiot husband. I find it disturbing that he “disciplines” her. Unless they’re freaky deeky doo and she likes it, but I don’t think that’s the case. There’s probably some child abuse going on under that roof.

46 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Zoo's admitted that they don't spare the rod. 

There’s a way to not spare the rod without leaving a mark on your child.  There’s a  big difference between you’re gonna get it after being given several chances to behave appropriately and a smacked bottom than whipping them for minor infractions and keeping them fear filled. 

42 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Too lazy to look up the name of the latest blessing, but surviving twin Boaz remains Zoo's favorite. 

I didn’t realize they’d lost a baby. As much loathing as I have for them, nobody deserves that heartbreak.

• Love 2

I sat through a loathsome sermon (on YouTube), in which the PP demonstrated how he spanks his kids. He actually removed his belt, folded it in half, and explained how to use it, with his poor embarrassed kids sitting right there.

When asked at what age will he stop spanking, he replied that no age was too old!

23 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I didn’t realize they’d lost a baby. As much loathing as I have for them, nobody deserves that heartbreak.

The pregnancy was filled with drama, exaggerations, and dubious medical decisions, IIRC. Not un-Duggarlike. 

I may be wrong. It's been awhile and I've never followed the Duggars, PPs, or any other fundies as closely as some have. 

3 hours ago, louannems said:

I sat through a loathsome sermon (on YouTube), in which the PP demonstrated how he spanks his kids. He actually removed his belt, folded it in half, and explained how to use it, with his poor embarrassed kids sitting right there.

When asked at what age will he stop spanking, he replied that no age was too old!

And none too young, I bet. These people are monsters. 

I've been to Faithful Word Baptist Church (at least outside it) and have the pictures to prove it. It is truly the Church of the Holy Strip Mall.  I got chills as we pulled into a parking space right up front, afraid that we'd run into the PP, although it was a Wednesday afternoon. I had my brawny nephew with me for backup in case I lost it. 

20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

There really is one born every minute.  How shitty to beg for other people's money, when they probably don't have it to give, and have to do without something.

As I recall, when JRod and the masses were looking and looking for a new home (while living in the RV, I think); there were multiple posts where she 'prayed and prayed' for God to help them find a place.  Next thing you know, they're moving into a rather nice (if outdated) large split level on what appears to be a big piece of land.  They moved in almost immediately.  I suspect they conned some fundie fool into letting them live there for free due to their 'ministry'.  There was never any evidence that they had the sort of dough needed to buy a place or even to rent one that large.  Even in West Virginia where home prices are quite affordable, a place like that would be beyond their reach unless someone else was footing the bill.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Nysha said:

Aren’t the Rodrigueses “of no fixed address” anyway?

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:02 AM, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180117-224955.thumb.jpg.f9afc0fb6507a9e5e67da2cc6ce2bcf5.jpg

Screenshot_20180117-225016-607x861.jpg.88afb77b07fb991c11c52f6d66d96116.jpg

What an insufferable bitch. What's the point of dressing in a way that pleases God when her face is so caked with makeup resembling a cheap 90s prostitute.

I now have the song "Fancy"  stuck in my head.

• Love 2

hot mess

Sorry, that is mean but it's true. Nurie is one of the least looking fundie princesses out there.  She looks like she is dressed up for a costume party. I baffles me that anyone would think this is attractive. The clothes, the hair and the make up are simply awful. 

And normally I avoid saying anything too harsh about appearance, especially a young woman.  But if you're gonna call out other people, then you deserve to hear the truth about yourself.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Marigold said:

hot mess

Sorry, that is mean but it's true. Nurie is one of the least looking fundie princesses out there.  She looks like she is dressed up for a costume party. I baffles me that anyone would think this is attractive. The clothes, the hair and the make up are simply awful. 

And normally I avoid saying anything too harsh about appearance, especially a young woman.  But if you're gonna call out other people, then you deserve to hear the truth about yourself.  

Oh, but that's the point.  According to her mother, Nurie dresses in a way "that prevents men from lusting after her."  I'd say that Nurie completely succeeded in that regard.  She looks like she could haunt a house.

• Love 1

@Mollie

Hahaha, You are totally right! 

What gets me, is why all the make up? Isn't make up supposed to help you look more attractive? Isn't this the opposite of what Jill Is talking about? 

All that gooey, slippery lipstick might be making men think "gee, I'd like to put my ______ in her mouth"         I'm being 100% serious.  Does Jill not know people think like that? 

14 minutes ago, Marigold said:

All that gooey, slippery lipstick might be making men think "gee, I'd like to put my ______ in her mouth"         I'm being 100% serious.  Does Jill not know people think like that? 

I think it is meant to draw attention away from your body to your face. In my own experience, if a guy is set on looking me in the bosom while speaking to me, no amount of makeup would change his mind. (A swift knee to the groin is effective but unfortunately it is also criminal assault, so.) 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Abmis said:

I now have the song "Fancy"  stuck in my head.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!  For some reason that song makes me stabby.

32 minutes ago, Marigold said:

@Mollie

Hahaha, You are totally right! 

What gets me, is why all the make up? Isn't make up supposed to help you look more attractive? Isn't this the opposite of what Jill Is talking about? 

Well those of us that watch RHBH now know its referred to as DSL (Dick Sucking Lips).  Well played Jill.  Not only does your 18 year old look 30, she has DSL.  

• Love 1

Priorities, people! Money has been tight at my house because I live within my own means and don't grift. It's shocking, I know. Right now I am out of powder and mascara. I could buy more, but that would come out of the family grocery budget. I'd also like some mousse and a curling iron, but those fall even more squarely in the Want category and not Need category. Feeding children puts such a damper on my countenance. 

How in the world do they afford all that makeup?!?! They should have a grocery bill of at least $2k/month.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Too lazy to look up the name of the latest blessing, but surviving twin Boaz remains Zoo's favorite. 

According to Free Jinger, it's Peter Laszlo, which isn't too bad.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Priorities, people! Money has been tight at my house because I live within my own means and don't grift. It's shocking, I know. Right now I am out of powder and mascara. I could buy more, but that would come out of the family grocery budget. I'd also like some mousse and a curling iron, but those fall even more squarely in the Want category and not Need category. Feeding children puts such a damper on my countenance. 

How in the world do they afford all that makeup?!?! They should have a grocery bill of at least $2k/month.

Dollar Tree for $1.

Sometimes DT has really good deals and you can use coupons to get free stuff but I doubt our MOTY Jill (Mama) takes the time to coupon.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

As I recall, when JRod and the masses were looking and looking for a new home (while living in the RV, I think); there were multiple posts where she 'prayed and prayed' for God to help them find a place.  Next thing you know, they're moving into a rather nice (if outdated) large split level on what appears to be a big piece of land.  They moved in almost immediately.  I suspect they conned some fundie fool into letting them live there for free due to their 'ministry'.  There was never any evidence that they had the sort of dough needed to buy a place or even to rent one that large.  Even in West Virginia where home prices are quite affordable, a place like that would be beyond their reach unless someone else was footing the bill.

Shame on them!  I just don't understand the thinking of taking advantage of others, just because one doesn't believe in birth control and responsibility to one's own.  It's so nuts.

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well those of us that watch RHBH now know its referred to as DSL (Dick Sucking Lips).  Well played Jill.  Not only does your 18 year old look 30, she has DSL.  

Yes!!!!!

i just saw that episode!  DSL. 

Jill is really stupid if she doesn't realize that a woman's lips (or a man's) can conjure up many different images of sex acts using those lips. 

Jill Rod deep throated a bottle of Plexus once so who the hell knows what she is into.

Edited by Marigold
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Oh, but that's the point.  According to her mother, Nurie dresses in a way "that prevents men from lusting after her."  I'd say that Nurie completely succeeded in that regard.  She looks like she could haunt a house.

Or at least my nightmares.

I think jill made up Nurie saying "Oh Mother, the women don't dress so sluttish here, like they do in America"

But if Nurie really said that shit?  What a stuck up little brat. No wonder she isn't married. In addition to looking like a tacky outdated 70's mess, her personality is not very Christlike.  Any Christian guy would run from that self entitled attitude. 

You know things are really bad when the Duggars don't want them around.  :)

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I think jill made up Nurie saying "Oh Mother, the women don't dress so sluttish here, like they do in America"

But if Nurie really said that shit?  What a stuck up little brat. No wonder she isn't married. In addition to looking like a tacky outdated 70's mess, her personality is not very Christlike.  Any Christian guy would run from that self entitled attitude. 

You know things are really bad when the Duggars don't want them around.  :)

They are all so judgmental , like they've never heard this verse ,

“Judge not, that you be not judged.  For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.  And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?"

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Maybe Jill's a klepto? I could see her pilfering cosmetics out of Walmart. She certainly doesn't deny herself anything. 

Jill probably sends the little kids out to do the job. It's right out of Dickens.

Just to be clear, I feel very sorry for the children in this family, and I don't think Nurie made a long-distance phone call to talk about the modesty of women in Botswana. That's Jill spinning to be relevant on social media. Truly, I find Jill and David to be pathetic tools. Unfortunately, their kids will likely grow up to be just like their self-absorbed, uneducated parents. Yuck. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill probably sends the little kids out to do the job. It's right out of Dickens.

All they would need is an urchin costume and a match girl costume from the Victorian era.  It would be more fashionable than what they wear.