Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

And 88 dollar perfume at that! I have this idea that she probably wears a toxic amount of perfume.

yes, any baby born with special needs qualifies for Medicaid and special therapies. However, this would require the family to stay in one place and faithfully attend appointments and do home exercises, too, which seems unlikely (in addition to the possi ble attitude of “no government handouts”).

• Love 11

I need someone to explain to me how a $475 KitchenAid mixer and Eternity perfume help with a newborn.   I actually make good money (as opposed to JRod and Chimpy) and spent around $150 for my KitchenAid several years ago.   Would never spend that much on a mixer for myself, let alone for some stranger.   Only the best for martyr Jill. 

Queen sized blanket and comforter set?  Those won't fit in the crib cage....      

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 22

The party was billed as "a baby / pamper Mama shower."  Since the brain-damaged fetus is not due for another four months, this party was, of course, more about Jill than the baby.  Jill also gave herself a second wedding (just like Michelle Duggar), complete with formal bridal dress, bride's maids, and the whole nine yards.  Jill just loves to throw parties for herself. 

• Love 12

WOW just WOW on that registry. Delusional much Jill? Her poor baby has issues and all she can think of is getting grifted items for your house and or stinkbus???

I just don't have words! Poor baby and the rest of her kids!!

On 11/23/2017 at 0:18 PM, Misslindsey said:

At least Tori and Bobby's registry seems like a fairly normal wedding registry with what they are asking for.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, LilJen said:

And 88 dollar perfume at that! I have this idea that she probably wears a toxic amount of perfume.

yes, any baby born with special needs qualifies for Medicaid and special therapies. However, this would require the family to stay in one place and faithfully attend appointments and do home exercises, too, which seems unlikely (in addition to the possi ble attitude of “no government handouts”).

And as careful as she was to make sure the doctor knew she was WAY too Christian to drink or take drugs, I bet the fact that they live in a haze of other chemicals never came up. I have no idea whether things like that could contribute to the specific problems with her baby, but I'm sure that had the doctor known the extent to which they use them he would have given her some sort of warning. I wonder how much prenatal care she tends to get in general and whether these things have ever been discussed. All those fumes have to be worse for a developing fetus than the occasional glass of wine would be.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, LilJen said:

And not stow the baby in a cratelike prison at the bottom of a (full) clothes closet in a rolling bus with 13 other people in it. 

Perfume, indeed. 

Wonder how they'll accommodate staying at the homestead for the infant's sake. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Someone got her the comforter set along with a fleece throw. Where are the baby items? Who was invited? Are their pictures yet? Is it too late to make her a care basket from Dollar Tree items?

How about a care basket of stuff from the resale shop?

4 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Someone got her the comforter set along with a fleece throw. Where are the baby items? Who was invited? Are their pictures yet? Is it too late to make her a care basket from Dollar Tree items?

Will there be GUM? And will the feral Rodriguii children each be clamoring for a piece?

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I watched the live feed from her shower (the one with the kids "singing") and there were less than 20 people that attended.    Very small crowd and the gifts all fit inside of gift bags.  No way a KitchenAid fit in a bag.   However, she had several people message her asking for a PM with her address so that they could send her a gift.  She replied pretty damn quickly to them.   <my eyes might be permanently stuck in the back of my head right now>

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The party was billed as "a baby / pamper Mama shower."  Since the brain-damaged fetus is not due for another four months, this party was, of course, more about Jill than the baby.  Jill also gave herself a second wedding (just like Michelle Duggar), complete with formal bridal dress, bride's maids, and the whole nine yards.  Jill just loves to throw parties for herself. 

Wait a minute I just noticed that the registry says Jill and Nurie!???? What the what? And there was a live feed? Jesus, how did we not know?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Fuzzysox said:

Wait a minute I just noticed that the registry says Jill and Nurie!???? What the what? And there was a live feed? Jesus, how did we not know?

I noticed that as well and wondered whether it was a joint bridal/baby shower with the caveats that the "bride" had no actual fiance yet and the baby, sadly, might never have the chance to enjoy anything on the list.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

The shower was supposedly planned by Nurie and that is why her name is on there.  Even Jill must realize how egotistical it looks for her to give herself a "pamper Mama" shower.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I went to Macy's and the only kind of registry they offer is the wedding registry.  I didn't see where you could chose a baby shower. 

I think as a society we should throw more showers to celebrate people moving out on their own, rather than waiting for them to get married. 

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The shower was supposedly planned by Nurie and that is why her name is on there.  Even Jill must realize how egotistical it looks for her to give herself a "pamper Mama" shower.

This is an interesting point. It wasn't, say, her Sunday School class who threw the shower. Rather, it was her daughter. It will be interesting to see what kind of friend support she receives if the baby is in the hospital for an extended period of time. 

39 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I went to Macy's and the only kind of registry they offer is the wedding registry.  I didn't see where you could chose a baby shower. 

I think as a society we should throw more showers to celebrate people moving out on their own, rather than waiting for them to get married. 

That makes a lot of sense...so many kids these days (get off my lawn!) seem to either go into marriage with, effectively, a double complement of what they will need to set up house, or have already had a joint place set up for some time.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I can believe and totally understand why she might feel this way. IIRC, Jill mentioned that she’d already had 5 miscarriages, so she’s had difficulties and lots    of heartbreak already.  Still, nobody wants to get the news that she’s gotten. I wouldn’t want to believe it, either. 

Again, thanks @doodlebug for taking the time and helping us to be more informed.

Jill's version of "tragic miscarriages" may well be periods that were a day late. She's a liar and attention whore who uses her uterus as the focus of attention. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Jill's version of "tragic miscarriages" may well be periods that were a day late. She's a liar and attention whore who uses her uterus as the focus of attention. 

While that might be true of Jill to some degree, I'd hesitate to accuse anyone of this level of exaggeration when it came to  wanted pregnancy no matter who they might be...

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

While that might be true of Jill to some degree, I'd hesitate to accuse anyone of this level of exaggeration when it came to  wanted pregnancy no matter who they might be...

I have to take anything she says with a grain of salt. And since I'm hellbound, I'll also point out that I doubt the resulting babies were wanted as much as the attention their pregnancies brought. She doesn't seem to give much of a damn about her kids once they're born. 

Edited by Heathen
Because I'm not a dog, dawg.
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

I have to take anything she says with a grain of salt. And since I'm hellhound, I'll also point out that I doubt the resulting babies were wanted as much as the attention their pregnancies brought. She doesn't seem to give much of a damn about her kids once they're born. 

There is that, of course. Hellhound? Assuming (from a fellow hellbound heathen) that that's a typo, but it's still pretty intimidating :)

1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

There is that, of course. Hellhound? Assuming (from a fellow hellbound heathen) that that's a typo, but it's still pretty intimidating :)

Ugh. I didn't even catch it. Yes, I'm hellbound (not Hell, Michigan, either). 

Speaking of brainwashed, did we ever post the little paean to Jill that Haylee and Nurie wrote under the Pearls' auspices last summer? It's about how super fabuloso those weeks are when each kid gets treated as somebody special. Just think -- each kid gets to feel special once every three months! And it's at the expense of every other kid being treated as decidedly not special that week. "Pampered mommy" indeed. 

https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ideas-love-week/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Speaking of brainwashed, did we ever post the little paean to Jill that Haylee and Nurie wrote under the Pearls' auspices last summer? It's about how super fabuloso those weeks are when each kid gets treated as somebody special. Just think -- each kid gets to feel special once every three months! And it's at the expense of every other kid being treated as decidedly not special that week. "Pampered mommy" indeed. 

https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ideas-love-week/

So the " special  " child  may eat a candy bar in front  of the others? That is so wrong  sense  all of the kids look like they are starving  and how do you explain  that to a 3 year  old? It would  not be so bad if this  was coming  from the Bates family  where the kids  look like they get 3 meals a day and it seems like they have a decent  relationship  with their  parents  but from thus family  it just makes  everything  seem more messed up.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

So the " special  " child  may eat a candy bar in front  of the others? That is so wrong  sense  all of the kids look like they are starving  and how do you explain  that to a 3 year  old? It would  not be so bad if this  was coming  from the Bates family  where the kids  look like they get 3 meals a day and it seems like they have a decent  relationship  with their  parents  but from thus family  it just makes  everything  seem more messed up.

Exactly. Can't help but think about how the two oldest kids have notoriously "fasted' on occasion  -- Hard not to see that being motivated by the horror they may have felt when it was their turns to eat candy bars and they saw their emaciated little brothers' and sisters' reactions. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

I put Hershey bars in the gift bags of my sister’s kids.  I asked my sister if my niece enjoyed hers, and she told me that only the nephew got one.  

Did you make him share his? , I asked.  She told me the little scamp gobbled it down in front of my niece. I told her that she should know I wouldn’t give one without the other, and wondered what happened to hers and how I could have sworn I packed one.  It was eventually located and my niece was thrilled. 

4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Hard not to see that being motivated by the horror they may have felt when it was their turns to eat candy bars and they saw their emaciated little brothers' and sisters' reactions.

See, I couldn’t even imagine doing this to my own well fed and much loved niece and nephew.  WTF is wrong with these people?

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I put Hershey bars in the gift bags of my sister’s kids.  I asked my sister if my niece enjoyed hers, and she told me that only the nephew got one.  

Did you make him share his? , I asked.  She told me the little scamp gobbled it down in front of my niece. I told her that she should know I wouldn’t give one without the other, and wondered what happened to hers and how I could have sworn I packed one.  It was eventually located and my niece was thrilled. 

See, I couldn’t even imagine doing this to my own well fed and much loved niece and nephew.  WTF is wrong with these people?

Part of me can sort of see what she is trying to do here...with so many kids, it may be hard to, if not give each of them an equal amount of one-on-one attention, at least be able to sort of demonstrate to THEM that each of them is equally special. The thing is, though, that the littles will always need more attention, and 12 weeks is an AWFULLY long time for a small child to have to wait before he or she gets to have their special Mommy time. Then what happens if the special outings, or whatever activity rolls around on someone's designated week is actually something they are ambivalent about, while another child would be thrilled with it? Then there are those candy bars. Again, we are talking 12 weeks between candy bars for a small child for whom that is an eternity. And they have to watch the designated sibling eat it in front of them?? Also, in her blogs she is always talking about how her children are so loving that they save up their pennies to buy her little gifts and such...One has to wonder whether whichever child gets to have the special treat feel compelled to share it with her. If she HAS to do something like this, why not at least rotate through the children daily? It's no more complicated to keep track of, and I'm sure it would make the younger children feel much more included much more of the time. 

• Love 11

What if one of the children outgrows his or her shoes just after their special week? Do they have to walk around in tight shoes for 11 weeks until their week rolls around again to get to go shopping with Mommy for shoes that FIT? These two are weirdos and all this crap they do has nothing to do with having belief in God.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Instead of spending money on pampering Jill, they should be donating gift cards to help with the cost involved of a special needs infant that is not covered by medicaid/insurance etc.  Or, things that are covered by medicaid/insurance take too fucking long and the child is lacking in the meantime. That's when therapists/family/friends/kind people/teachers/social workers etc will step up and try to help out.  Taking a collection to get something immediately that is approved by medicaid which will arrive whenever whoever gets it approved. 

I work with medicaid special needs infants/toddler/children.  Waiting six fucking months for a needed item is bullshit.  Don't get me started. 

anyway, this baby Jill is carrying has potential special needs.  maybe hold off on the kitchen aide mixer and save up that money until you see how things turn out. self involved idiots. 

But ... according to Nurie, Mama needs jewelry ...

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Instead of spending money on pampering Jill, they should be donating gift cards to help with the cost involved of a special needs infant that is not covered by medicaid/insurance etc.  Or, things that are covered by medicaid/insurance take too fucking long and the child is lacking in the meantime. That's when therapists/family/friends/kind people/teachers/social workers etc will step up and try to help out.  Taking a collection to get something immediately that is approved by medicaid which will arrive whenever whoever gets it approved. 

I work with medicaid special needs infants/toddler/children.  Waiting six fucking months for a needed item is bullshit.  Don't get me started. 

anyway, this baby Jill is carrying has potential special needs.  maybe hold off on the kitchen aide mixer and save up that money until you see how things turn out. self involved idiots. 

Oh @Marigold - you are making too much sense for the Jill family!!!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Yep. My sister's grandchild is special needs and the whole family pitched in to buy her granddaughter a special $800 chair that insurance wouldn't cover. It really made her life better. This whole story just makes me sick. You know that baby isn't going to get the proper help it might need. Shit..her "normal" kids aren't even fed properly.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 16

I don't think that Jill is understanding the severity of her baby's problems. She thinks everything will be just fine since her children can all pitch in and help!? 

Poor girl is going to be in for a RUDE awakening.

Worst for the baby will be her kids that without the stinkbus rolling out every couple of days they will go without meals. I truly believe that the kids only eat when someone in the church community is having a get together. Jill doesn't strike me as one to cook for her brew. How will the kids live without food?

• Love 8
On 1/4/2018 at 0:16 AM, Temperance said:

Two reasons

1. One the groom is indeed born after Steve had his vasectomy reversed. 

2. To help push the Quiverful agenda onto this newlywed couple. The point is to make sure they will not use birth control and leave their family size up to God. I actually heard of vasectomy reversals being paraded in a church---- from survivors/former members of Gothardism and other Quiverfull groups.  The Gothard affliated groups would parade the vasectomy reversal kids on the stage, to prove something about being blessed with more kids. I have never heard of this at wedding before. This is the first wedding that I know of  which featured such a display.  The term Quiverfull comes from psalm 127 and that psalm was read/quoted at the wedding. 

Why haven’t these folks decided to protest against vasectomies the same way that they do about abortions? What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. 

While I understand that they wouldnt see these these as equivalent (and neither do I); my point is that it’s interesting where they decide to draw the line in terms of people’s reproductive choices. Funny how it seems to involve choices exercised by women, e.g. abortion and prescription birth control.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Why haven’t these folks decided to protest against vasectomies the same way that they do about abortions? What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. 

While I understand that they wouldnt see these these as equivalent (and neither do I); my point is that it’s interesting where they decide to draw the line in terms of people’s reproductive choices. Funny how it seems to involve choices exercised by women, e.g. abortion and prescription birth control.

I don't think they approve of condoms either, though. While they are not quite in the same category as things which prevent implantation, they are still seen as an attempt to override God's will.