Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

What I also like about Dorinda is that she's comfortable appearing on camera with no makeup and her hair a bit messy, when she's just got up. She doesn't seem to have that same level of vanity as most of the other housewives.

• Love 13
39 minutes ago, essexjan said:

What I also like about Dorinda is that she's comfortable appearing on camera with no makeup and her hair a bit messy, when she's just got up. She doesn't seem to have that same level of vanity as most of the other housewives.

Likely that after her 3 vodka and orange juices for breakfast she doesn't realize that her hair and makeup are a bit messy. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

People harp on Dorinda a lot about her attachment to Richard.  I feel for her.  Grief is a bitch.  I’m going on 16 years this coming Friday and I still don’t know what will happen or how I will feel.  I have had about 52 personalities before I got it all sorted out and I’m still probably not right.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

People harp on Dorinda a lot about her attachment to Richard.  I feel for her.  Grief is a bitch.  I’m going on 16 years this coming Friday and I still don’t know what will happen or how I will feel.  I have had about 52 personalities before I got it all sorted out and I’m still probably not right.  

Hugs to you! I understand that as well. 

• Love 5

The thing I don't like about Dorinda is that she can watch back an insane, cringeworthy scene (like the Clip! thing or the Jovani heckle), and think that she's just the cutest, funniest thing in the world.  And so she doubles down on how witty and amazing she was being.  She'll probably watch back the whole "Kindergarten's here" thing against Tinsley and think she's the best in the world.

Usually in a Reunion show, there will be something that one of the others watch and they'll cringe or apologize or admit that they look completely deranged.  Dorinda watches herself and feels validated.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
15 hours ago, ancslove said:

The thing I don't like about Dorinda is that she can watch back an insane, cringeworthy scene (like the Clip! thing or the Jovani heckle), and think that she's just the cutest, funniest thing in the world.  And so she doubles down on how witty and amazing she was being.  She'll probably watch back the whole "Kindergarten's here" thing against Tinsley and think she's the best in the world.

Usually in a Reunion show, there will be something that one of the others watch and they'll cringe or apologize or admit that they look completely deranged.  Dorinda watches herself and feels validated.

I like Dorinda. But I really need her to lighten up. 

Again, I think appearing on a Bravo reality TV show is harmful. She flips out and rages. She can be cruel and nasty. But she has hollered some very amusing lines. Not well, b- - - -! EZPass on your v- - - - -. Clip!

Sarah Paulson and Jennifer Lawrence (I think) love her. They tell Andy Cohen that all the time.

So it sends the message: Dorinda, you’re hilarious. You’re great. You’re very entertaining. Keep it up.

• Love 3

I used to be a big fan of Dorinda- but now she seems like a bitter, mean drunk. Her attacks on Tinsley show what a mean spirit she has. I can empathize with her sadness over her deceased husband but he has been dead longer than they were married. 

• Love 21
On 4/17/2019 at 11:24 PM, LilaFowler said:

Dorinda is on WWHL and was asked if she's going to redecorate the fish room. She said that she wasn't going to "reveal secrets" but what she is considering is not inviting the women to stay there again.

d4a.gif

I hope she was being facetious. I live for the Bezerkshires.

Oh nuts!  I love when they go up there, especially in the winter with the snow .

• Love 5
On 4/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, langford peel said:

If Dorinda doesn't let Bravo film in the Berkshires she will be fired.

That is really the only thing she brings to the show.

A vacation that is not a vacation where they can film the whole group living together for a few days and create a lot of drama.

Otherwise Dorinda brings nothing to the table.

So true.  One minute Dorinda can be compassionate, loving and helpful .. then she does a 180 and turns into a maniac.  She has to go to a doctor and get Prozac or something to that affect.  She has a sharp tongue even if she’s not drinking.  Doesn’t anyone advise her?  Her Mother, Sister or John? Is everyone afraid of her? After she did that to LuAnn when they were away somewhere, I wouldn’t have spoken to her ever again.

• Love 7
On 4/19/2019 at 1:10 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

If she is the heart of the show, then the show needs a transplant.

And if she is putting her best foot forward - by insinuating some pretty nasty things about Barbara (saying she has woken up with worse things than the fish and outright calling her interloper - than I hesitate to wonder what she looks like at her worst. 

I sincerely believe that she has a real problem with alcohol. Perhaps if she addressed that, she would be less vicious. But from where I stand, I would trust her the least because when she goes into meltdown mode, she is willing to say just about anything when she's lashing out. 

There is too much of Dorinda this season.  Too much.  And they talked about Bethenny?  At least Bethenny was funny.  Dorinda is not.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:04 PM, Mrs peel said:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!  Does Dorinda need so much attention that she’s agreed to do this?  All we need to know is that Vicki Gunvalson is somehow involved.

pathetic.

Somebody please tell me why this woman is so important?

• Love 11

I read that as massage and was confused. I guess she’s trying to cut out the middleman by not using Cameo, I wonder what their cut is, but yeah I don’t know why people want these videos but it’s a thing.

• LOL 4
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I read that as massage and was confused. I guess she’s trying to cut out the middleman by not using Cameo, I wonder what their cut is, but yeah I don’t know why people want these videos but it’s a thing.

Me either, all or my friends and my hubby side eye me when I say I watch the real housewives - so who would I send one too. They don’t realize what they’re missing.

Thank goodness I have all of you to snark, enjoy and analyze with. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Back in mid-March for my birthday, a fellow RHoNYC-loving dear friend sent me a Cameo from Sonja as a gag-gift of sorts; she told me she figured Sonja would have the funniest message and likely be drunk; Sonja’s message was very “on brand” for her since she was at a spa rambling some nonsense for over a minute and completely mixed up my name with my friend’s. Nevertheless, even though I appreciated my friend’s sweet gesture, I’d admittedly rather have just had the money she spent on the Cameo then some random Sonja message.
*Such* a waste of money(I think the cost ranges between $50-150?!) and I could think of at least a dozen reality stars I’d rather have a paid greeting video from, but kadooze go the reality stars who can make an easy buck doing the Cameo thing: nice work if you can get it!

• Love 5

Any good will I had for this woman was completely killed last night.... She is a Mean Nasty DRUNK BULLY... and she feels like she can do this and get away with it because no one is holding her accountable ... Sorry D people go through a lot of shit in life and it doesn't give them a right to treat someone the way you treated Tinsly last night... she gets off on it she derives joy from it watch her face as she is doing it there is always a big GRIN... #DumpDorinda

• Love 18

The scary thing is that Dorinda never sees how mean she's being, even when she watches the show back and the whole world is screaming at her.  She doubles down and will resurrect a (by now) months-old fight on Twitter when an episode airs.  Even Bethenney can look at herself and acknowledge that, for example, flipping out at Luann and calling her a slut who fucks everybody is over the line and she was in the wrong, even when certain points of her basic argument may have been right.

But Dorinda better be careful.  Ramona's afraid of her, Tinsley is obviously against her, Leah probably has a more natural leaning to Tinsley's side than Dorinda's, and Luann and Sonja can flip on a dime because they've also borne the brunt of Dorinda's anger.  Just look at how happy and relieved Ramona and Luann were this season when Bethenny left, saying they never knew what they'd get in B - that could easily become Dorinda.  

Oddly, Bethenny came closest to telling Dorinda the truth:  that she has issues with anger and alcohol.  Even she backed down in the end, when none of the others would support her.  But this season, I don't think it will take much for everyone to get on board.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She is completely devoid of self-awareness about this episode specifically, and perhaps about her life generally.  Again, accusing others of being "mean'.  I dunno Dori, I think you should take those blinders off.

Also, didn't she totally indicate during the talking head last night that she and John had sort of gone their separate ways?  Now she's denying it.  Whatever.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She is completely devoid of self-awareness about this episode specifically, and perhaps about her life generally.  Again, accusing others of being "mean'.  I dunno Dori, I think you should take those blinders off.

Also, didn't she totally indicate during the talking head last night that she and John had sort of gone their separate ways?  Now she's denying it.  Whatever.

Wait she is denying they broke up? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Wait, is she saying Mario is older than John?!  Yikes.

But I do appreciate her sticking up for John on the college shit.  Fuck, even if he never went to college who cares.  He is a success on his own.

• Love 5

Does Dorinda have an auditory processing disorder as well as memory issues? How on earth could she watch that episode and suggest that the woman took an item from Page Six and made it seem like they broke up when she was going on and on about it. I am sure John will be surprised by this episode but not for the reasons Dorinda seems to think.

Also, her needless dig at Tinsley’s relationship with Scott during that part is also so fucking weird. Tinsley is sure on her mind a lot for someone who is invisible.

I did appreciate her calling Ramona our about the college thing.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Again, accusing others of being "mean'.  I dunno Dori, I think you should take those blinders off.

Amen.  (God,  is she foul -  it's not just that she's mean, there's something smug & santimonious about her viciousness; as if everybody deserved to be shat upon by M'lady M'edley.)

And she's still obessing about Tinsley's relationship (that ref to  "two years off and on") and somehow thinks her big exit line in this you tube video- " I'm gunna get a piece of gum" - is badass.  WTF?  You run and get that gum, Medler.  Go swallow a whole pack of Bazooka Joe - maybe you can date him later, since John is so far beneath you!  -  and snap that wad in your back teeth & work it around that thick tongue of yours that comes out after the first (twenty) glasses of wine - Me and Johhn not bruk up - me was bigshot once - bishup desmond tuttletoot - duh duh law and urder is onnnnn.   Attacking Tinsley is not the winning bid for sympathy  and support she seems to think it is, or a way of deflecting attention from her middle-aged mean girl shit.  And a whole season of this - alcoholic raving and vicious attacks on  the one person who tries to handle herself with manners - as old fashioned as that sounds - is not fun escapist entertainment. 

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Amen.  (God,  is she foul -  it's not just that she's mean, there's something smug & santimonious about her viciousness; as if everybody deserved to be shat upon by M'lady M'edley.)

And she's still obessing about Tinsley's relationship (that ref to  "two years off and on") and somehow thinks her big exit line in this you tube video- " I'm gunna get a piece of gum" - is badass.  WTF?  You run and get that gum, Medler.  Go swallow a whole pack of Bazooka Joe - maybe you can date him later, since John is so far beneath you!  -  and snap that wad in your back teeth & work it around that thick tongue of yours that comes out after the first (twenty) glasses of wine - Me and Johhn not bruk up - me was bigshot once - bishup desmond tuttletoot - duh duh law and urder is onnnnn.   Attacking Tinsley is not the winning bid for sympathy  and support she seems to think it is, or a way of deflecting attention from her middle-aged mean girl shit.  And a whole season of this - alcoholic raving and vicious attacks on  the one person who tries to handle herself with manners - as old fashioned as that sounds - is not fun escapist entertainment. 

I think when she slut shamed Sonja, did her "clip, clip, clip" stuff, she got so full of herself b/c of the reactions on social media.  I truly think she feels like she's the star of this show, but she's kicking the puppy.  

• Love 13
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This is just bizarre.  The episode was in the fall and now in May of the following year she says it isn’t true.  Why wouldn’t she have simply told Elyse, or the other women for that matter, that the article wasn’t accurate.  Then the ending with the gum, seriously, she can’t stop to save her life.

• Love 9
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

This is just bizarre.  The episode was in the fall and now in May of the following year she says it isn’t true.  Why wouldn’t she have simply told Elyse, or the other women for that matter, that the article wasn’t accurate.  Then the ending with the gum, seriously, she can’t stop to save her life.

Not to mention weeping while saying she was moving on but he would always be welcome at her table. She is so full of shit.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

I don't like Dorinda at all and think she treats people in her life like an alcoholic with rage issues snd unresolved mental health issues, does. Terribly. Including John. 

But I remember how he acted when he had more screen time and he came across like a bit of a user and a slimy womanizer. I don't like him. 

I think they make each other worse and are well rid of each other.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Dorito needs to make up her mind because she flip flopped on whether she is with John. 

Maybe what she says when she's drunk isn't what she wanted for public consumption and then oops she realized there goes the free dry-cleaning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

John makes my skin just crawl. I hope he’s gone from this show forever although I’m not sure why because I refuse to watch this show. It’s gotten so low class and tacky as have all of the other ones. Bravo needs to move on to the next sleazy content.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2020 at 9:01 PM, ancslove said:

On 4/10/2020 at 2:48 PM, Juliegirlj said:

I used to be a big fan of Dorinda- but now she seems like a bitter, mean drunk. Her attacks on Tinsley show what a mean spirit she has. I can empathize with her sadness over her deceased husband but he has been dead longer than they were married. 

I used to excuse Dorinda's outbursts (Kristen and Heather were her first targets) on grief and self-medication. Then her attacks on Sonja got really hostile, and as ludicrous as Sonja is the fact Dorinda claimed she had a dossier compiled by Richard's PI was just weird.

What she's doing with Tinsley is beyond. There's zero focus to the tirades - Tinsley won't reveal herself but Tinsley is stupid and boring when she talks, Tinsley dates men for shoes but never owned anything or had to work in her life. Tinsley had a relationship that was twice as long as Dorinda's marriage but Tinsley's relarionships don't last. Dorinda seems really comfortable with the vitriol and language she uses and as @ancslove pointed out she sees nothing wrong with her actions when they're played back for review. 

One of my pet peeves with many HWs is their proclimation of self-earned "wealth". Maybe Tinsley didn't earn it, but she's had bank since she was born. I don't believe Megan King Edmonds or Ramona earned their first million before they got married, and I don't believe Dorinda was buying couture on an aerobics instructor salary before she married the Raythron exec and the hedge fund manager. 

• Love 10

There used to be some kind of perceived slight that triggered Dorinda's outbursts: Heather entered the restaurant without waiting for everyone, Heather cursing, Bethenny didn't say "Thank you", Lu accused her of "turning"..but it seems that just the fact that Tinsley exists, bugs the shit out of her. It's beyond bitch eating crackers level, and Tinsley has done nothing, even in Dorinda's wildest, warped imagination, to warrant it.

• Love 22

I'm in camp with those who believe that Dorinda sees some of her former life in Tinsley's.  Minus the stuffy politicians and academia of course.  It would appear that Scott's little Groupon/Deal Dash/WhateverTheHellItIs knock-off has provided a helluva lifestyle.  Added to the helluva lifestyle that Tinsley's family money was already providing, the future looks smooth for the Mortimer-Kluth coupling, at least on the financial front.  Dorinda, The Jealous Green Monster, could be the next superanti-hero.  The female Hulk if you will.  Get her angry and run like hell.

• Love 11

Dorinda, I don't think many people care if your late husband went to Yale or Harvard.  I don't know where your ex-husband went to school.  Don't care.  Where did you go to school and where did you get your advanced degree?  

I'm now off to chew some Trident, an ADA-approved gum, but you know that because you know everything.  Dumb ass.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

To put it in context, Dorinda clarified that he went to Ohio State for his undergrad, not Harvard. He later went to Yale for his graduate degree. Dorinda went to Franklin and Marshall College which is on-par tuition wise with Villanova where John and Mario went. Lots of people do state school for undergrad and private for graduate. At least I did. Get your first degree, get out and start earning a living and go back for your second degree at a better school now that you are more able to afford it (and likely have tuition assistance from your employer and access to executive programs).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, albarino said:

Dorinda, I don't think many people care if your late husband went to Yale or Harvard.  I don't know where your ex-husband went to school.  Don't care.  Where did you go to school and where did you get your advanced degree?  

I will defend Dorinda on this, she didn’t bring it up out of nowhere she did it to defend John because Ramona made a big deal that Richard went to Harvard and that she didn’t even know if John went to college. It’s not the first time she has tried to put John down by talking about Richard even though it’s clear she didn’t really know him because she also doesn’t seem to be aware that John and Richard were friends.

• Love 5
On 9/23/2019 at 8:26 AM, Sun-Bun said:

And of course there’s always her classic, “I cooked! I made it nice!!” 

(She’s a goldmine, for sure)

So, we all cook.  What’s the big deal?  I’ve been making it nice my whole life .. we ALL do.  That doesn’t mean we all deserve a gallon of booze a day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8