Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

Dorinda is on WWHL and was asked if she's going to redecorate the fish room. She said that she wasn't going to "reveal secrets" but what she is considering is not inviting the women to stay there again.

d4a.gif

I hope she was being facetious. I live for the Bezerkshires.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Dorinda was really rocking a different look last night on WWHL!  I thought she looked great.  I've never seen her with such color to her face, long straight hair (pulled back) and very elegant sparkly outfit. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Dorinda is on WWHL and was asked if she's going to redecorate the fish room. She said that she wasn't going to "reveal secrets" but what she is considering is not inviting the women to stay there again.

d4a.gif

I hope she was being facetious. I live for the Bezerkshires.

She's got to at least invite SOMEONE. I enjoy the Berkshires way too much. 

• Love 9

If Dorinda doesn't let Bravo film in the Berkshires she will be fired.

That is really the only thing she brings to the show.

A vacation that is not a vacation where they can film the whole group living together for a few days and create a lot of drama.

Otherwise Dorinda brings nothing to the table.

• Love 7

IDK, to me, Dorinda is pretty much the heart of the show now.  She's had some unfortunate encounters with alcohol meltdowns, but, seems to have taken this season with recognition of that and is really putting her best foot forward.  Regardless of those previous issues, I look forward more to her scenes that any of the others.  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IDK, to me, Dorinda is pretty much the heart of the show now.  She's had some unfortunate encounters with alcohol meltdowns, but, seems to have taken this season with recognition of that and is really putting her best foot forward.  Regardless of those previous issues, I look forward more to her scenes that any of the others.  

If she is the heart of the show, then the show needs a transplant.

And if she is putting her best foot forward - by insinuating some pretty nasty things about Barbara (saying she has woken up with worse things than the fish and outright calling her interloper - than I hesitate to wonder what she looks like at her worst. 

I sincerely believe that she has a real problem with alcohol. Perhaps if she addressed that, she would be less vicious. But from where I stand, I would trust her the least because when she goes into meltdown mode, she is willing to say just about anything when she's lashing out. 

• Love 14

Yeah. well, I'm guilty of not watching a lot of scenes with Barbara.  She just doesn't interest me and my mind wanders or I wander away when she's on.  I did catch that comment about waking up with worst things, but, I thought it was a joke. Hmmm....

• Love 4

Well, Dorinda seems to be cleaning up her act when it comes to drinking.  At least so far this season.

I can also understand her attitude with Barbara.  She keeps interfering with Lu and Doris.  She also insulted Doris's apartment and her home.  She disinvited Doris to the clam bake but Doris still invited her to the Bezerkshires.

Babs just bugs me.  The woman has no style when it comes to her appearance and home and her mouth.  She thinks she's the cool kid but she ain't. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, Dorinda seems to be cleaning up her act when it comes to drinking.  At least so far this season.

I can also understand her attitude with Barbara.  She keeps interfering with Lu and Doris.  She also insulted Doris's apartment and her home.  She disinvited Doris to the clam bake but Doris still invited her to the Bezerkshires.

Babs just bugs me.  The woman has no style when it comes to her appearance and home and her mouth.  She thinks she's the cool kid but she ain't. 

She didn't really "insult" Dorinda's apartment - she just asked questions, after Dorinda invited her over to discuss renovations. She did insult the fish room, but her insults weren't nearly as bad as Lu's. The clambake thing was bad, but again, that was mostly at Lu's behest.

I don't think you have to either like Barbara or find her behavior perfect to recognize that Dorinda goes WAY below the belt. And that's what I don't like about her.  Dorinda responds to every minor transgression with a bazooka, and then expects that everyone should forgive her despite the fact that their entrails are dragging along the floor and they've lost all of their limbs.  She doesn't have any sense of proportionality when she feels like she's being challenged. 

• Love 6

...you can save $250.00??  

How much is the weekend??  

$2500.?? (assuming the discount was the usual 10% promo code amount) 

I cannot imagine using $2500. of my (imaginary) vacation fund to spend a weekend with Dorinda and people who think that Dorinda is fun.  

Actually, I'd take a hard pass even if it was free....

Welcome to the gig economy, Dorinda!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 4/22/2019 at 5:53 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!  Does Dorinda need so much attention that she’s agreed to do this?  All we need to know is that Vicki Gunvalson is somehow involved.

pathetic.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!  Does Dorinda need so much attention that she’s agreed to do this?  All we need to know is that Vicki Gunvalson is somehow involved.

pathetic.

OMG, "Learn to find and maintain happiness..."  Dorinda (and Beth) would be the last ones I'd ever want to instruct me on happiness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'd totally go if I had the money to burn. I'll bet attendees actually sse very little of Doris. I'll bet the only events that she shows up at are if they have any type of opening reception meet 'n greet, and if there are any hosted happy hours. You know, the activities where booze is featured heavily!

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 5

But, but ... Poor BeTheMe is sooo stressed out with everything she has on her plate, she couldn't possibly take on a radio show. Andy probably thought of that and wanted to spare her. Ha! Ha! Ha! Believe me, she'd MAKE the time. 

I mostly like Dorinda, but don't think she'd make a good radio show host.  Pity the fool guest/caller who disagreed with her. Off with their head!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

But, but ... Poor BeTheMe is sooo stressed out with everything she has on her plate, she couldn't possibly take on a radio show. Andy probably thought of that and wanted to spare her. Ha! Ha! Ha! Believe me, she'd MAKE the time. 

I mostly like Dorinda, but don't think she'd make a good radio show host.  Pity the fool guest/caller who disagreed with her. Off with their head!

Poor BeTheMe had her own radio show on Andy's Sirius XM station and her show was axed after she threw a tantrum like a two year old and tossed a sticky drink at guests during a Cold Play concert. 

No great loss, she just used the show to brag about herself rather than actually showcasing the guests.

I am not a big Dorinda fan, but it will be too funny if Dorinda succeeds in her new endeavour.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Poor BeTheMe had her own radio show on Andy's Sirius XM station and her show was axed after she threw a tantrum like a two year old and tossed a sticky drink at guests during a Cold Play concert. 

I did not know that. Her reaction sounds about right.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Except that she had already ended her episodes. Andy said in his book that he begged her to do it as a favor because he wasn’t getting anyone to fill the slot on ‘Andy’s Channel’.  Cher turned him down.  Everyone turned him down.  It seems Jeff likes it but I haven’t listened to Andy’s channel ever.  Dorinda has 6 episodes.  That’s less than Bethenny.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, CharlizeCat said:

I'd totally go if I had the money to burn. I

You and me both, sister!  (If only Ree were also there - we would DIE from snark joy ; )

23 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Except that she had already ended her episodes. 

Not according to Frankel -- three days after she drenched the woman at the concert, Frankel announced (on air) that the show was taking a summer hiatus, but the show would return "in full force" in September. But since BeTheMe threw water on the wife of a Wall Street big wig (Lisa ­Pevaroff-Cohn - who apparently complained personally to the execs at Sirius) Frankel never returned from hiatus, full force or otherwise. Moral of the story? if you're going to throw water on a stranger at concert, be prepared to watch your radio show drown. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

I listened to Dorinda on Radio Andy. She had daughter Hannah as guest, but actually seemed more like co-host. The topic was mother/daughter relationships and I gotta say that Dorinda was okay (she made it nice).

The real surprise was Hannah, very intelligent and articulate and gave great advice to moms and daughters who called in. There were many moments when she was giving this really smart, well thought out advice, and Dorinda would talk over her and argue with her. I felt bad for Hannah.

My takeaway is that Hannah should have her own talk show, and not have Dorinda as her guest, ever.

Given a voice, Hannah really shines.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

A preview of the reunion shows Dorinda screaming at probably Luann "you treated me like an animal." Now I  admit that I didn't pay rapt attention to all of the episodes but I never saw Luann treating Dorinda like an animal.  I hope that Luann says name me one instance where I treated you like an animal. But I suspect that she will say well I treat my animals like royalty. I have really come to dislike Dorinda.

• Love 10
(edited)

I thought that animal stuff was a little over the top. Wanting sympathy and possibly a hug from Lu, like she got from Bethenny the last reunion when she was moved to tears. I didn’t think Lu  treated her as such - she was just in shock that Dorinda would direct that mug shot comment at her, and kept her distance. But I get thatshe’s hurt that Lu wasn’t more apologetic or something...they seemed to have a bond, and I get that. She’s just being a tad dramatic. 

Just now, chewycandy said:
Edited by chewycandy
On 7/2/2019 at 6:48 PM, 65mickey said:

A preview of the reunion shows Dorinda screaming at probably Luann "you treated me like an animal." Now I  admit that I didn't pay rapt attention to all of the episodes but I never saw Luann treating Dorinda like an animal.  I hope that Luann says name me one instance where I treated you like an animal. But I suspect that she will say well I treat my animals like royalty. I have really come to dislike Dorinda.

That was my reaction to that clip, as well. No one, including Lu, treated Dorinda "like an animal." Certainly, Lu's reaction to being assigned the fish room was in that condescending way that Lu can be but she didn't treat Dorinda "like an animal."

On 7/3/2019 at 10:07 PM, chewycandy said:

I thought that animal stuff was a little over the top. Wanting sympathy and possibly a hug from Lu, like she got from Bethenny the last reunion when she was moved to tears. I didn’t think Lu  treated her as such - she was just in shock that Dorinda would direct that mug shot comment at her, and kept her distance. But I get thatshe’s hurt that Lu wasn’t more apologetic or something...they seemed to have a bond, and I get that. She’s just being a tad dramatic. 

She wasn't just being a "tad dramatic." She was being incredibly self-centered and, per usual, unwilling to take responsibility for anything. Lu didn't actually do anything to Dorinda that warranted an apology. All she did was say something like, "here she goes," and for that fairly innocuous statement, Dorinda made a nasty comment about having a mug shot and then totally embarrassed herself by heckling Lu at Lu's own show. 

I mean, there are things to dislike about Lu - I find her condescending and the very definition of pretentious. But Dorinda was in the wrong with regard to her actions towards Lu and yet she's somehow convinced people that she was the wronged party. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

She was being incredibly self-centered and, per usual, unwilling to take responsibility for anything.

We saw a sincere bedroom apology from Dorinda this season. Who knows what has happened off camera between them as well. Pretty sure “she’s turning” is not the only statement that has made their feud what it is. 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

We saw a sincere bedroom apology from Dorinda this season. Who knows what has happened off camera between them as well. Pretty sure “she’s turning” is not the only statement that has made their feud what it is. 

Her "sincere apology" becomes less sincere when she continues to say vicious things about Lu. And sure, that's not the statement that has made their feud what it is - IMO, what made their feud what it is is the fact that Lu called out publicly the abundantly obvious fact that Dorinda has a really troubled relationship with alcohol and Dorinda didn't like that. Now, maybe Lu shouldn't have said something about Dorinda's alcoholism, but that still doesn't mean that Dorinda was in the right during this whole thing.  IMO, Lu doesn't owe Dorinda an apology for anything in the past few years except for being a total diva about the stupid fish room.

• Love 7
On 7/2/2019 at 6:48 PM, 65mickey said:

I think she's exaggerating with the "like an animal" bit. I think she may be referring to all the hoops she jumped through to appease Luann and get her to accept her apology for the fall out in Colombia. She hired a masseuse and arranged a yoga instructor, upon her request, when she stayed at Blue Stone Manor. She, practically, groveled for forgiveness.

Someone mentioned it earlier; Lu is a taker. She not reciprocate -no one needs to keep score, but friends do nice things for each other, just because, without obligation, that's how friendships (that I am familiar with) work. Not only does Lu not reciprocate, but doesn't even appear to be grateful for what she receives. Imo, that's the crux of the frustration the women have with her this season.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Someone mentioned it earlier; Lu is a taker. She not reciprocate -no one needs to keep score, but friends do nice things for each other, just because, without obligation, that's how friendships (that I am familiar with) work. Not only does Lu not reciprocate, but doesn't even appear to be grateful for what she receives. Imo, that's the crux of the frustration the women have with her this season.

All of this.

Relationships are give and take- sometimes you give more, sometimes you take more. All take, take, take does a friend not make.

• Love 7

All this talk of who is in the right and who is in the wrong, to me, is immaterial. What IS important, at least to me, is that once again, BravHo has continued to showcase, prop, and highlight women who have addictions and/or emotional issues that require serious therapy. Cases in point:

Luann has zero business being on a reality TV show right now (or if the gods are with us viewers, ever again!) with her obvious addiction issues and her narcissistic issues. The latter I doubt a well respected therapist would want to deal with because as one therapist I respect said that she would never treat a narcissist because they are untreatable. I can see that in Lu, but she ought to be in some sort of therapy, and I'd think any therapist or physician worth their weight would advise her to live her life off camera from now on.

Duhrinda has zero business being on a reality TV show right now with her glaring alcohol issues. Dorinda, if you're reading, hon, let me make it crystal clear for you - YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC, AND A MEAN ONE AT THAT. She is nasty, verbally abusive, and downright vicious when she's drunk, which is pretty much any time there is alcohol around. She cannot handle booze. She also has serious issues about Richard's death that she's never dealt with, and that need to be dealt with if she's ever going to be able to be in a normal, healthy, loving relationship. Her relationship with fat, sweaty, greazy John the Dry Cleaner is just sad to watch. And the fact that she never ever allows him to sleep over nor have any personal items in her home speaks volumes. She is a sad, sad woman, and should be focusing on her alcoholism and her emotional issues, not running from them on a shitty TV show.

Last but certainly not least, we have Sonja, who has zero business being on a reality TV show ever again. Unless she is faking us all out with an act, she is really the saddest one of all because when she drinks, she falls into a pit of psychosis that would fund a therapist's retirement for several lifetimes. She is beyond damaged. I think she has brain damage from alcoholism. She isn't right in the head, and the shit she says when she's drunk is beyond deluded...unless, again, she's fooling us all and playing an act, which I doubt she is.

So all three of these women are sad sacks who shouldn't be on a reality TV show. They ought to be working on themselves in private, out of the glare of the paparazzi, but sadly they are also afflicted with Famewhores Disorder, for which there is no cure...

*steps of soapbox of rant*

• Love 5

Has this already been posted in this forum? The writing is pretty bad but I assume the poster is ESL so I give them a pass, plus it’s a cute fan story with a bit of interesting gossip. And Dorinda looks great in the accompanying picture, so happy and dewy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, link417 said:

Has this already been posted in this forum? The writing is pretty bad but I assume the poster is ESL so I give them a pass, plus it’s a cute fan story with a bit of interesting gossip. And Dorinda looks great in the accompanying picture, so happy and dewy.

That's awesome. Also, Dorinda looks really pretty in that picture.

• Love 8

I went to see a few of the Housewives this evening: Dorinda, Kelly Dodd and Teresa Guidice. Dorinda was kind of the moderator. She started out by giving a rundown of what she had done prior to becoming a housewife, including her education, jobs and two marriages. She asked the questions for the three of them that had been turned in by audience members prior to the show, and also took live questions from the audience at the end.  In response to a question, she stated that the 3 housewives she would not want to ever film with were Barbara, Danielle Staub and Lisa Vanderpump, because she found her too intimidating. She said she had a relationship with Luann, but it was not what it had been in the past. She said Luann had really hurt her, both before, during and after filming last season. She spoke about the shark room and how rude Luann and Barbara acted about having to stay in it. She said her favorite thing that had been filmed was seeing her Berkshire house decorated for Christmas on her first season. She is not sure if she will be continuing with her radio show, but hoped it would get to continue, as she really enjoyed it. There was easy banter between the ladies on the stage and Dorinda seemed to be enjoying herself. She definitely got the most applause when she came out on stage. 

E8C8BCDD-6895-4D39-8942-6E8CB835771E.jpeg

Edited by Jeasasa
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, Jeasasa said:

I went to see a few of the Housewives this evening: Dorinda, Kelly Dodd and Teresa Guidice. Dorinda was kind of the moderator. She started out by giving a rundown of what she had done prior to becoming a housewife, including her education, jobs and two marriages. She asked the questions for the three of them that had been turned in by audience members prior to the show, and also took live questions from the audience at the end.  In response to a question, she stated that the 3 housewives she would not want to ever film with were Barbara, Danielle Staub and Lisa Vanderpump, because she found her too intimidating. She said she had a relationship with Luann, but it was not what it had been in the past. She said Luann had really hurt her, both before, during and after filming last season. She spoke about the shark room and how rude Luann and Barbara acted about having to stay in it. She said her favorite thing that had been filmed was seeing her Berkshire house decorated for Christmas on her first season. She is not sure if she will be continuing with her radio show, but hoped it would get to continue, as she really enjoyed it. There was easy banter between the ladies on the stage and Dorinda seemed to be enjoying herself. She definitely got the most applause when she came out on stage. 

E8C8BCDD-6895-4D39-8942-6E8CB835771E.jpeg

Thank you for sharing this with us! Did she get upset discussing Richard?

• Love 4

No, not at all. She talked about stepparents, and their importance in the life of a child. She said that while Hannah had a good father, she had lived with Richard for 8 years and that he had taken a hands-on role in her life, doing homework with her, and stuff like that, and that Hannah had grieved his loss, too. But, no, she didn’t get upset while talking about him. 

• Love 9

I love learning that! If you read urbanbaby.com, they all seem to think that there is no worse scenario than a step relationship! Either, the stepfather must have some disgusting motive, or the relationship between the stepparent and ex-spouse will be intolerable.  

• Love 1
On 9/19/2019 at 9:58 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

My favorite uplift Dorindaism is "We're not crying over this!"

And of course there’s always her classic, “I cooked! I made it nice!!” 

(She’s a goldmine, for sure)

• Love 8