Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Even though Dorinda was nearly intolerable this season, I feel kind of bad for her. So much of her identity was being part of the show- in the same way her life was all about Richard before he died. She was so angry and bitter - this will probably make things worse for her, until she gets some professional help. 

No doubt she was terrible to the crew and production staff, and was probably an editing nightmare. 

I agree about Dorinda.  I actually really like her and find her very entertaining but ONLY when she's not being a bully (drunk of not). And I feel "bully" is the right word.  I find it more sad than anything that she couldn't see this in herself and resolve it.

I disagree about Ramona, however.  Ramona has said some offensive things but nothing even close to Dorinda on a tirade.  Also, I think Ramona over the last several years has really worked on trying to understand how she comes off and fixing it accordingly.  She isn't perfect, but she's way better than she was early on.  I believe Bethenny even acknowledged Ramona's efforts at self-improvement.

2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Not that Ramona doesn't have her grievous faults and says insensitive things at times, but I don't think we've ever once seen Ramona get hammered and fly off the handle screaming insults in someone's face and calling them filthy names.

Agreed.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 14

Dorinda was the number one reason I stopped watching this show. This season I was watching until the apple orchard trip. She ruined what could have been a fun, whacky outing. No one else was allowed to have any interactions, make any funny comments, or contribute except to try and avoid or rein in Slurinda. 

I always wished I could meet her and say something to her face like, "I never met Richard but I'm just so glad he isn't alive to see what you've become."

She would come unglued!! She needs to eat the shit she's been stirring up and throwing around for years now. Screw her and good bye. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

That said, while I'm all for diversity, the point of Ho'wives is to watch women who aren't 20-something models. I'm not cosigning on bringing on a bunch of Leah's friends. The Jersey Shore is available on MTV, thanks very much. Please find me a Garcelle in NYC and we'll be on the right track - someone accomplished, classy, with a real career, who is willing to be authentic on camera.

Thank you...

3 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

See, I never did understand what was so funny about that "clip" scene.  To me Dorinda came off like an asshole there. I mean, it looked playful and all, but I saw it as arrogant, not funny or cute.  Same with her "not well bitch".  Her intention was to be salty in response to someone being polite to her, and it was off putting to me.  Maybe I'm just dull witted, cuz I never found Don Rickles funny either.

Door was off her ass drunk in the Clip scene, but I still think it's funny , as a viewer.  Also, Carole, Tins, and Bethenny completely unable to contain themselves, and Sonja just being 120% dumbfounded.  The whole thing is funny to me.  But I totally get your point.  She's a mean, awful woman!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

It also helps that she wasn’t blackout wasted in either scene.

Hm, I thought Door was actually blackout wasted at the Mafia restaurant?  But it's been a few weeks since I've rewatched.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Aren’t the BH women in that age range?  50s? I’m not saying we need a cast of all thirty year olds running around NYC, but a bigger range of ages would be nice. I see people complain here of age shaming older women all the time, but then do it to the younger women: this is “not the show“ for Leah, she cheapens the vibe, and she has literally been called garbage for choosing to live life medication free. 

Age shaming?  Seriously?  I am Leah's age.  That doesn't mean I necessarily like Leah and want to watch a bunch of Leah-like women on my screen.  I got into RHONY specifically because of certain members of the core cast - Beth, Ro, Luann, Sonja.  Any one of those four leaving means the show isn't what it used to be.  I wasn't even a fan of Tins, either.  She's extremely lovely and sweet and I totally get her appeal, but she was for sure not why I tuned in every week.  There are so many reasons to dislike Leah and age wouldn't even be in the top 20.  I don't hate my own peers and generation, I love them.  

I hate RHOBH too, personally.  Not my type of show.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8

I enjoyed Dorinda a lot, but she did hit below the belt too often in the last couple of seasons.  The drinking and anger issues should be addressed by professionals when she leaves the show. I will miss her though.

My big questionS for Bravo/Andy are:

1) if Dorinda was fired for being mean/nasty/angry/drunk, why are Luann and Sonja andLeann still on the payroll?

2) if being mean and attacking cast mates are grounds for dismissal at Bravo, then PLEASE apply the same rule to Lisa Fucking Rinna on RHOBH.  That stanky ass shit stirrer needs to hit the bricks. She is the ultimate asshole and worst “friend” ever.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It will be interesting to see what Ms. Medley does for income going forward.  She's been living pretty well for the 9 years that Sir Richard has been gone, but it's impossible to know what kind of financial shape she's in.  I can't imagine she joined RH for kicks.  She's one of the few who never really had a serious product or business to promote, so she's either in very, very tall cotton, or she will be scrambling to replace this income.

Maybe go back to teaching aerobics?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

Dorinda was the number one reason I stopped watching this show. This season I was watching until the apple orchard trip. She ruined what could have been a fun, whacky outing. No one else was allowed to have any interactions, make any funny comments, or contribute except to try and avoid or rein in Slurinda. 

I always wished I could meet her and say something to her face like, "I never met Richard but I'm just so glad he isn't alive to see what you've become."

She would come unglued!! She needs to eat the shit she's been stirring up and throwing around for years now. Screw her and good bye. 

The orchard trip was the turning point for me too.  The fun, whacky outings have been one of the bright spots for NYC for me, but Dorinda has consistently ruined them.

3 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

These are actually two of my favorite moments in the entire franchise. I laugh about them and quote them constantly. Where did it all go wrong? Last year, I knew she was going off the rails when she set her destruction cannon on Tinsley of all people. 

I could stand to lose Sonja and Leah, but I know that won't happen. Only 4 women are left - Leah, Luann, Ramona, and Sonja. They need to keep some consistency - the major shakeup of season 5 wasn't a hit with viewers and I don't think they'll go that route again.

That said, while I'm all for diversity, the point of Ho'wives is to watch women who aren't 20-something models. I'm not cosigning on bringing on a bunch of Leah's friends. The Jersey Shore is available on MTV, thanks very much. Please find me a Garcelle in NYC and we'll be on the right track - someone accomplished, classy, with a real career, who is willing to be authentic on camera.

I will miss Bluestone Manor, and Dorinda's witticisms, and her willingness to call out big dogs like Ramona and Bethenny. But I won't miss her bullying, nasty side. 

I REALLY like Garcelle (RHBH and new this season). I think she's the best housewife addition across franchises in years - if not ever.  She has a way about her that I really like; she just "works" on TV.   She's special in a lot of ways, and finding an equal in any city - and of any color or race - will be hard.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Aren’t the BH women in that age range?  50s? I’m not saying we need a cast of all thirty year olds running around NYC, but a bigger range of ages would be nice. I see people complain here of age shaming older women all the time, but then do it to the younger women: this is “not the show“ for Leah, she cheapens the vibe, and she has literally been called garbage for choosing to live life medication free. 

I do think that Leah cheapens the vibe but I am older. I agree with the many posters who say that they are glad that we see our own demographic on this show. So many shows - including the 24 hour news programs - seem to mostly feature young blonds. Maybe Bravo could start a younger version of the show with a younger cast. Every so often the two casts could come together for a shared event . Since they already have production in NYC they could easily film alternating series, 5 or 6 months on one and then 5 or 6 months on the other.

It was the right move to let Dorinda go. She had become way too nasty and volatile. Her old friend, Ramona, has spent this whole season trying to figure out why.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I REALLY like Garcelle (RHBH and new this season). I think she's the best housewife addition across franchises in years - if not ever.  She has a way about her that I really like; she just "works" on TV.   She's special in a lot of ways, and finding an equal in any city - and of any color or race - will be hard.

She's been on TV since at least the 90s!  😄.  She's used to it!  I agree, she's likeable and gorgeous, but she's an acting veteran as well.  

ea12a8249329791e8378a125c4de2114.gif

18 minutes ago, Mar said:

I’m not at all surprised about this

3F6BAA5C-02E6-4114-86EB-AF268336DB93.thumb.jpeg.e3d49e15b2fbc86760034a212d5ba1cc.jpeg

WOW

I wonder if it's her fans.  Do her fans just gas her head up so much and she really believes what they say about her?  She's lost all rationality.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Age shaming?  Seriously?  I am Leah's age.  That doesn't mean I necessarily like Leah and want to watch a bunch of Leah-like women on my screen. 

There are so many reasons to dislike Leah and age wouldn't even be in the top 20.  I don't hate my own peers and generation, I love them.  

You’re taking it a little personally. I’ve gotten a general vibe from this board that Leah is immature and needs to “grow up” and isn’t worthy of being on a show with the other women. Like she’s had no meaningful life experiences. That’s taking her age into account somewhat. I also don’t believe and never said we needed Leah clones on next season. I just don’t care to see more of Ramona’s 50 close girlfriends with their plastic faces. 

20 minutes ago, Mar said:

3F6BAA5C-02E6-4114-86EB-AF268336DB93.thumb.jpeg.e3d49e15b2fbc86760034a212d5ba1cc.jpeg

That’s nuts! She really believed her own hype. You stopped making it nice, Dorinda 😞 

1 minute ago, chewycandy said:
Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 4

I find it hard to believe that Dorinda being unapologetic and not owning up to her stuff at the reunion would be a factor in termination, if only because so many across the Housewives franchise show up to the reunion and don't take accountability for the things they've said and done. The other reasons, I can see as cause for termination (though by the way Ramona treats service/wait staff everywhere they go, it's a wonder how her behavior skates by). 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I wonder if it's her fans.  Do her fans just gas her head up so much and she really believes what they say about her?  She's lost all rationality.  

I doubt it because Dorinda is so far up her own ass that she wouldn't care what anyone else said about her, and if it strikes a nerve she pulls out the grieving widow card as an excuse. I mean, how many years has Richard been dead already? And not for nothing, but I agree with the poster upthread who said they'd like to walk up to her and say, "I'm so glad Richard isn't here to see what you've become..." Though she's so deep in denial that I don't even think that would reach her. She needs medication and in-patient therapy for her anger issues and for her alcoholism.

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I find it hard to believe that Dorinda being unapologetic and not owning up to her stuff at the reunion would be a factor in termination, if only because so many across the Housewives franchise show up to the reunion and don't take accountability for the things they've said and done. The other reasons, I can see as cause for termination (though by the way Ramona treats service/wait staff everywhere they go, it's a wonder how her behavior skates by). 

Ramona has said she leaves big tips because she knows she's demanding, which does not by any means excuse her behavior, but she is not vicious. Rude, yes, cruel, no. The service/wait staff likely don't like her behavior and probably talk about her like a dog and she's not the first or the last of that ilk they've encountered. I am by no means defending her but she cannot be compared to Dorinda, who has fucking lost the plot.

Agree with those who believe Leah cheapens the brand. She is like a rebellious, petulant teenager and nobody has time for that. The show could gradually add some younger, ACCOMPLISHED socialite types to whom the OGs could be like fairy godmothers, as they are very gradually phased out. I am a woman of a certain age, and have loved all kinds of shows about younger people, including Gossip Girl, the Beverly Hills 90210, etc. (the latter of which which appalled the man I was with at the time), SATC (although I was older than but closer in age to Samantha), etc., and I am writing a young adult novel so watch and enjoy tons of teen stuff, but I appreciate what the RHONY bring to our screens. 

Abso-fucking-lutely (TM Mr. Big) that the series needs to add a NYC Garcelle. I'm sure there is a lovely group to choose from.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

And I feel "bully" is the right word.  I find it more sad than anything that she couldn't see this in herself and resolve it.

Bullies could care less about how they come across. Intimidation is their drug of choice. The scene where she was in the bedroom, all puffed up in Ramona's face, was the real Dorinda. The look on her face and body language was frightening. Have to give it to Ramona-she did well minimizing her full blown mania. 

Glad she's gone. Wish we could watch her deal with this public beat down. Bullies can dish it out, but as we have seen, they can't take it.

• Love 14

I totally agree that Dorinda has gone off the rails and her behavior is beyond the pale.  However, before her decline into whatever she has become, the episode with her and Carole in London was one of the best episodes of reality tv ever, imo

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I know it was necessary to let her go, but I am sad it had to be this way. At one point. she was my favorite and and I liked seeing her house and crazy Halloween decorations. I hope they don't think the answer is to bring in more Leah types. I detest her and hope she is not back. I want to see women living interesting lives.There is absolutely nothing interesting about Leah. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 19
28 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I totally agree that Dorinda has gone off the rails and her behavior is beyond the pale.  However, before her decline into whatever she has become, the episode with her and Carole in London was one of the best episodes of reality tv ever, imo

I so agree. 
I so liked the Carole and Dorinda that went to London, wish they had stayed on the show vs. their lesser doppelgängers.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mar said:

Doesn't surprise me, and it jives with all the media accounts I've read - except being rude to producers.  That is new to me - although not surprising.  I read elsewhere that Dorinda was given an opportunity to atone, but she declined.  I wasn't sure if that was during the reunion or after, but it sounds like a bit of both.

Here is the link to the above article

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2020/08/26/allabouttrh-exclusive-dorinda-medley-fired-from-rhony-for-bad-behavior/

4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Vickie showed up at the OC reunion was totally unapologetic for her behavior and demanded that they respect her because it was her show. She got canned after her display of hubris. Eventually people get fed up with these entitled women. 

Vicki had been demoted to "friend-of". Her bitterness during the reunion got the best of her for sure, but from what I've read about how she treats production, that is not the norm for her.  I've read interviews where she's said how important it is to be nice to producers. I also recall Shannon saying one bit of advice Tamra gave her when she started was to be nice to producers.  Vicki and Tamra know what side their bread is buttered...and I think they actually liked having film crews around.  In fact, if I remember correctly, Vicki cooked for them early on for fun....although I'm guessing that didn't last long.

3 hours ago, politichick said:

Ramona has said she leaves big tips because she knows she's demanding, which does not by any means excuse her behavior, but she is not vicious. Rude, yes, cruel, no. The service/wait staff likely don't like her behavior and probably talk about her like a dog and she's not the first or the last of that ilk they've encountered. I am by no means defending her but she cannot be compared to Dorinda, who has fucking lost the plot.

Rude vs. cruel is a very important distinction in general, but especially where Ramona (rude) and Dorinda (cruel) is concerned.  The OG's know better than to be a mess with production...even Dorinda knew - she just didn't care.  

Fool. It kinda makes me angry.  She has so much to offer in every other way.

Say what you will about Ramona, but she's filled her life with her 50+ (the number keeps growing) friends, a job on a popular TV show, a good relationship with her daughter and even her ex-husband, and so on.  I give Ramona a lot of props.  Same with Luanne after all she's been through. Both have actually acknowledged where change was needed and WORKED to improve accordingly (and succeeded). Sonja keeps trying, too.  I hope she gets there. 

Dorinda doesn't seem to have anyone other than Hannah.  It's like she backed herself into an isolated corner.  It's odd and sad and a bit scary, really.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I so agree. 
I so liked the Carole and Dorinda that went to London, wish they had stayed on the show vs. their lesser doppelgängers.

1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Dorinda doesn't seem to have anyone other than Hannah.  It's like she backed herself into an isolated corner.  It's odd and sad and a bit scary, really.

Carole has become so bitter now and I see Dorinda going the same way. A shame as they were compelling tv once upon a time. Carole just had to go in on Lu on Twitter with “at least (Dorinda) never assaulted a police officer.” So verbal assault is A-OK, huh Carole? Carole was so gleeful over Lu’s arrest while acting compassionate to her face at the time. Maybe she and Dorinda will film themselves together at Blue Stone, that’s all they have left now. 

Lu should say “at least I’ve never been fired for bad behavior!” but she’s not vindictive like that. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Bullies could care less about how they come across. Intimidation is their drug of choice. The scene where she was in the bedroom, all puffed up in Ramona's face, was the real Dorinda. The look on her face and body language was frightening. Have to give it to Ramona-she did well minimizing her full blown mania. 

Glad she's gone. Wish we could watch her deal with this public beat down. Bullies can dish it out, but as we have seen, they can't take it.

I like your description of Dorinda's physical display during a bullying episode.  Because Ramona has shared some of her childhood abuse, it seems logical that she recognizes and can deal with someone's psychopathic episode.  I couldn't agree more with that last paragraph.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 8
On 8/25/2020 at 8:55 PM, ChitChat said:

A thousand likes to your entire post!!  If the show will be based on Leah and they axe some of the other cast, then I'll probably not stick around for the next season.  I quit the HWs of Beverly Hills after last season, and I don't miss it a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Dorinda will be gone, but I don't want a total house cleaning with this franchise.  I am not a fan of Leah, and contrary to what she thinks, most of us don't give a rat's ass about her vagina, so she can quit talking about it. 

I only watch the New York show and am not interested in trashy Leah and her creepy sister at all.   She is not entertaining in the least and not funny either. They need some comedy relief. 
I’d be happy to see them get out of the upper east side but there’s got to be more interesting women in Lower Manhattan, Park Slope, Astoria, Harlem, among other areas. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Yes, you are right about having multiple races in a family, I simply meant that we’ve seen her immediate family, they’re white like her, and are not so much an indication of her wider social circle. 

I still don’t see where Leah has preached about diversity. She has simply talked about wanting to see more of it on the show, and Andy agrees with her of late. 

There seems to be a strong dislike here about the possibility of the cast “getting younger,” and personally I don’t get it. I don’t want a cast of women who are all the same age. 

Leah is close to 40 but she dresses and acts immature so you kind of forget she’s not 25 years old.  There are already tons of reality shows with 25 year olds.  I think it would be more interesting with ages 35 - 60 maybe.  

It’s getting awkward because the show has become all about them going out, drinking and vacationing and usually men are part of this scene.  They’ve all been single for so long with no prospects in the near future.  They haven’t been able to pick up any men like they used to and it’s just second hand embarrassment watching ramona flirting with guys not interested.  

No pirates to film, no cheating fiancées, no divorces, no marriages, these are all part of their past.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

When she has appeared on WWHL she positively preens when any of her quips and behavior is mentioned.  She acts like she is in tight with Andy and production and simply acting as their agent and voice of the people against her obviously inferior co-stars.  Yeah, I would say she is full of herself.

4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I don't hate Leah, but I do hate her behavior at times.  I'm simply not interested in her storyline anymore.  She came on like a bull in a china shop.  I'd much rather have Tinsley back.  

Yeah.  Tinsley was younger than the rest and led a different life, yet she fit in with them a whole lot better than Leah has.  More importantly, Bunny is no Dale. Leah is simply a bad fit.  

• Love 17

So, Bravo made money off of Dorinda's obnoxious behavior for years, and now it's not OK and they are leaking stories to make themselves sound noble for firing her? She's certainly a liability, but they don't care about apologies and her owning up to her behavior to other cast members. 

They want to refresh the franchise and bring in younger cast members. They'll keep Luann, Leah, and probably Sonja because they believe viewers will keep tuning in to watch them.

Maybe Dorinda could get a spin-off if she agreed to film her journey to sobriety - something completely different with a different cast. Perhaps produced by someone other than Boozy Bravo.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Carole has become so bitter now and I see Dorinda going the same way. A shame as they were compelling tv once upon a time. Carole just had to go in on Lu on Twitter with “at least (Dorinda) never assaulted a police officer.” So verbal assault is A-OK, huh Carole? Carole was so gleeful over Lu’s arrest while acting compassionate to her face at the time. Maybe she and Dorinda will film themselves together at Blue Stone, that’s all they have left now. 

Lu should say “at least I’ve never been fired for bad behavior!” but she’s not vindictive like that. 

I think Carole and Dorinda suffer from the same issue. Ramona nailed it in one of her talking heads when she said that Dorinda was acting as she did because she felt cheated by Richard’s death. The same may be true about Carole who is also a widow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Hiyo said:

The Clip! scene will never not be funny.

I've re-watched that scene so many times but I think it's for the reactions to the people around them (especially one guy quizzically knitting his eyebrows while eating). But I hated how Dorinda resorted to slut-shaming Sonja whenever she had a problem with her - especially when Sonja's sex life had nothing to do with the conflict at hand. The "EZ-pass for your Holland Tunnel" comment was disgusting.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, chlban said:

I know it was necessary to let her go, but I am sad it had to be this way. At one point. she was my favorite and ai liked seeing her house and crazy Halloween decorations. I hope they don't thinkbthe answer us to bring in more Leah types. I detest her and hope she is not back. I want to see women living interesting lives.There is absolutely nothing interesting about Leah. 

I hope they don't add that sister Leah's been shoving down our throats all season to the cast.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

So, Bravo made money off of Dorinda's obnoxious behavior for years, and now it's not OK and they are leaking stories to make themselves sound noble for firing her? She's certainly a liability, but they don't care about apologies and her owning up to her behavior to other cast members. 

They want to refresh the franchise and bring in younger cast members. They'll keep Luann, Leah, and probably Sonja because they believe viewers will keep tuning in to watch them.

Dorinda made money and got attention/fame for years from this. It was mutually beneficial. She eventually became too much of a liability and got fired.  Dorinda is no victim in this. Dorinda did this to herself. 

And when has she ever taken responsibility or owned up to anything? She still lies about the entire Jovani thing. 

• Love 19

I'm probably the odd man out but I have always liked Dorinda, that is until this season. There was a gradual progression of drunken meanness, but this season was over the top. I don't understand her poor treatment of Tinsley. I've been rewatching RHONY starting from season 5. Dorinda was very nice to Tinsley. Sometimes alcohol brings out the worst. Well, I'm sad to see her go and also sad to see the change in her behavior. I will miss Blue Stone Manor and the adventures of the Bezerkshires.

Oh and someone had made mention of what will Dorinda do for money. She sold Richard's company after he died. I would imagine she was pretty much set for the rest of her life after that.

• Love 10

I wish producers from every city could write tell all books, there seems to be so much filmed and so little footage is used that even the unseen footage is just not enough and there have been plenty of situations that looked interesting but little screen time was alotted.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I agree, this season I’ve thought Dorinda was frightening and deranged on almost every episode.  Going back to the end of episode one, when she was telling Tinsley the kindergarten bus was waiting.  Everyone within earshot was looking at Dorinda with disbelief.   No wonder the women are afraid of her, I would be too.  When I read what viewers on Twitter and Instagram were trying to tell her, I thought she might take heed, but she never will.  I felt fairly certain that she would just dig herself in deeper at the reunion.  She need to be seeing a physiatrist as well as a therapist.  The heavy drinking just exacerbates the situation.  Her family and friends codling her now is just going to make things worse.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

1) if Dorinda was fired for being mean/nasty/angry/drunk, why are Luann and Sonja andLeann still on the payroll?

I think all these ladies have had unflattering or just plain nasty moments.  However, I do not think anyone has stooped to the same level of viciousness as Dorinda.  And it’s all completely unprovoked, which makes it so much worse and irredeemable.  I could possibly give her a small pass if the ladies were directly coming for her, but no one was.  Ramona and Sonja especially can be nightmares, but I do not think they are as unabashedly cruel as Dorinda has been the past two seasons.

I really liked her when she first came on.  I don’t know what happened to her and I am at the point where I really don’t care.  Get help, don’t get help, just get off my tv.

• Love 15
On 8/26/2020 at 9:01 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's because there are many shows about young women out there and what's unique about RHONY is that the women are an older demographic that is rarely represented onscreen.

But when the older women on the screen insist upon behaving like they are half their age, that's not good TV.

I speak as one of them, with respect to their age.  I'm not one to behave like a rocking chair granny, but some of their behaviors (that appear to be to try to incite excitement) are nothing less than embarrassing.  There're better ways to represent older women and as drunken horndogs just doesn't work.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Dorinda made money and got attention/fame for years from this. It was mutually beneficial. She eventually became too much of a liability and got fired.  Dorinda is no victim in this. Dorinda did this to herself. 

Completely agree.  I don’t think Bravo did anything wrong.  Dorinda is a 50-something year old woman, not some young naive girl.  I know the editing monkeys can create many narratives, but they can not create something from nothing.  Dorinda gave them plenty of material.  She is no victim.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

And I hope she goes into some serious deep therapy over this very topic because very much believe most of her behavior is rooted in the unfortunate early death of Richard, which she has yet to come to terms with.

• Love 6

I've been calling for Dorinda's dismissal all season and am glad to see it finally happen. Her belligerence, bully behavior and anger/drinking issues were bringing the show down and were hard to watch on a weekly basis. In all honesty, I think Bravo did her a favor. She needs to address her personal problems and get into some serious therapy and alcohol treatment. I initially liked her but the last couple of seasons it's been hell on earth watching her bully other castmates...the worst bullying I've ever seen was her unrelenting beat down of Tinsley. There was absolutely no reason for the amount of crap she piled on her...which included stalking, unprovoked attacks on her and passive agressive remarks that were hurtful and crass. For that matter, I would hope that Sonja and Ramona are also fired. Their schtick is getting old and Sonja's drinking is embarassing and pathetic. Ramona is just sad and boring. I'm all for a big change up that brings fresh faces and stories to the show.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, b2H said:

And I hope she goes into some serious deep therapy over this very topic because very much believe most of her behavior is rooted in the unfortunate early death of Richard, which she has yet to come to terms with.

The sad thing is that she's such a nasty bitch that I can't even feel sorry for her. Plenty of people lose their spouses and loved ones and don't behave like DUHrinda does. She uses Richard's death as an excuse to get nasty drunk and now she's just a vicious bully when she's sober too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, ichbin said:

When she has appeared on WWHL she positively preens when any of her quips and behavior is mentioned.  She acts like she is in tight with Andy and production and simply acting as their agent and voice of the people against her obviously inferior co-stars.  Yeah, I would say she is full of herself.

Yeah.  Tinsley was younger than the rest and led a different life, yet she fit in with them a whole lot better than Leah has.  More importantly, Bunny is no Dale. Leah is simply a bad fit.  

I didn't find Tinsley all that interesting either, but she was sweet and likeable. Leah is boring and not the slightest bit likeable.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Maybe Dorinda could get a spin-off if she agreed to film her journey to sobriety - something completely different with a different cast. Perhaps produced by someone other than Boozy Bravo.

I'd actually watch that. I like everything else about Dorinda.  I wish she could have acknowledged she needed help and shown us growth on next season of NYC.

10 hours ago, janiema said:

I think Carole and Dorinda suffer from the same issue. Ramona nailed it in one of her talking heads when she said that Dorinda was acting as she did because she felt cheated by Richard’s death. The same may be true about Carole who is also a widow.

Ramona is very observant and picks up on this stuff better than most.  IMO, of course.  She nailed it early on.  Last season, even???

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wish producers from every city could write tell all books, there seems to be so much filmed and so little footage is used that even the unseen footage is just not enough and there have been plenty of situations that looked interesting but little screen time was alotted.

They did a show interviewing producers of Vanderpump Rules and also of Beverly Hills way back when.  They were both really interesting and fun.  If those shows are available, they'd be worth watching.  I might try to find them!

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, b2H said:

But when the older women on the screen insist upon behaving like they are half their age, that's not good TV.

I speak as one of them, with respect to their age.  I'm not one to behave like a rocking chair granny, but some of their behaviors (that appear to be to try to incite excitement) are nothing less than embarrassing.  There're better ways to represent older women and as drunken horndogs just doesn't work.

This is why I’m started to hate it. It’s no more entertaining to watch older women leering at young men than it is to watch old men leering at young women.  Both equally gross.  They aren’t respectful either.  And you don’t need to shop at the upscale version of Forever 21 to look good.  

• Love 17